collapse

Author Topic: VINDICATION!!!  (Read 36908 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: VINDICATION!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:38 pm »
List of websites already covering this... (some links and leads provided by Sky Otter earlier) This should make the skeptics squirm :P

ASU Researchers Propose Looking for Ancient Alien Artifacts on the Moon
Universe Today

ASU cosmologist suggests studying moon for alien artifacts - [PDF][Archived]
Physorg.com

ASU Researchers Propose Looking for Ancient Alien Artifacts on the Moon
Space City

Are Aliens On The Moon? Scientists Want YOU To Join The Search
Huffington Post

THE SEARCH FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL ARTIFACTS (SETA) ROBERT A. FREITAS JR. - [PDF][Archived]
Xenology Research Institute, 8256 Scottsdale Drive, Sacramento, California 95828, USA.

Look for alien artifacts on moon, says renowned scientist
Earth Sky

LRO image of Apollo 17 site. Image credit: NASA/GSFC/ASU

This LRO image shows Surveyor 6 (that landed on the moon on November 10, 1967) casting an 18 meter-long shadow with the Sun just 8° above the horizon. Image credit: NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University.

LRO image of the Apollo 17 Lunar Module Challenger descent stage. Image credit: NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University.

The Marius Hills pit, shown in this LRO image, is thought to be a possible skylight in a lava tube, in an ancient volcanic region. Image credit: NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:14:56 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 10:50:42 pm »
This is strange.
I'd like to get a copy of the paper.

Searching for alien artifacts on the moon
P.C.W. Daviesa, R.V. Wagner
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0094576511003249

Price is $41.00  I have written the authors to see if I can get a free copy

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:30 am »
Got a link to that Russian guy? Might be important.

:o

Only a handful of people would believe the Russian Guy's I talk of which would consist of anyone who believes in the stargate program, and as ya know the Russian work is well beyond the COS method    :P 

Hope you had a nice holiday mate!   :D

sky otter

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 11:45:39 am »
Corresponding author.

Vitae

Paul Davies is Director of the Beyond Center for Fundamental Concepts in Science at Arizona State University. His research spans cosmology, astrobiology and theoretical physics. He has made important contributions to quantum field theory in curved spacetime, with applications to inflationary cosmology and black holes. He was among the first to champion the possibility that microbial life could be transferred between Mars and Earth in impact ejecta. He also runs a major cancer research program funded by the National Cancer Institute. He is the author of 28 books, including most recently The Eerie Silence: Renewing Our Search for Alien Intelligence.
also bio here...http://cosmos.asu.edu/about/bio.htm
contact info here     http://cosmos.asu.edu/contact.htm

Robert Wagner is an undergraduate student at Arizona State University majoring in Earth and Space Exploration. He works as a Research Technician in the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Science Operations Center, where he is responsible for image evaluation and assessment. He has broad expertise in earth sciences and computing.
 contact info here http://sese.asu.edu/people/robert-wagner

This article is not included in your organization's subscription. However, you may be able to access this article under your organization's agreement with Elsevier.

Purchase
Note to users: The section "Articles in Press" contains peer reviewed accepted articles to be published in this journal. When the final article is assigned to an issue of the journal, the "Article in Press" version will be removed from this section and will appear in the associated published journal issue. The date it was first made available online will be carried over. Please be aware that although "Articles in Press" do not have all bibliographic details available yet, they can already be cited using the year of online publication and the DOI as follows: Author(s), Article Title, Journal (Year), DOI. Please consult the journal's reference style for the exact appearance of these elements, abbreviation of journal names and the use of punctuation. 
There are three types of "Articles in Press":
•Accepted manuscripts: these are articles that have been peer reviewed and accepted for publication by the Editorial Board. The articles have not yet been copy edited and/or formatted in the journal house style.
•Uncorrected proofs: these are copy edited and formatted articles that are not yet finalized and that will be corrected by the authors. Therefore the text could change before final publication.
•Corrected proofs: these are articles containing the authors' corrections and may, or may not yet have specific issue and page numbers assigned.

Published by Elsevier Ltd.

http://www.itwire.com/science-news/space/51983-aliens-on-moon-will-the-search-begin

If aliens left evidence of their prior visitations on the moon, NASA would already know about it... in fact, they would…Aliens on Moon: Will the search begin?
William Atkins
Saturday, 31 December 2011 06:27

Science - Space

Page 1 of 2Human explorers have ventured onto the Moon, but have aliens also made similar footsteps on the lunar surface? If the recommendation of two scientists is carried out, astronomers may make a search of the Moon for past evidence that aliens have visited our only natural satellite.

http://news.discovery.com/space/seti-to-scour-the-moon-for-alien-tech-111227.html

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:00:11 pm by sky otter »

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 12:08:31 pm »
Everyone is excited about this announcement of looking for alien artifacts on the moon. What about the human artifacts? And I'm not talking about APOLLO!
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 12:19:58 pm »
     spacemaverick

From

Alejandro RojasUFO and paranormal researcher and journalist

Scientists Suggest Moon Photos May Reveal Extraterrestrial Visitation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alejandro-rojas/scientists-suggest-moon-p_b_1173124.html

Scientists from Arizona State University are proposing that closely examining high resolution photographs of the moon, retrieved by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), may reveal "incontrovertible signatures of non-human technology." They argue that such a project is worthwhile and could be accomplished with a small budget.

More at above link. I wonder if the government would allow a launch of a private space vehicle for this purpose? Pegasus Forum is already doing a study but it would be interesting to get some pictures currently that could be trusted.  I remember John saying in another forum that pictures during a certain time period were the only ones you could trust.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 12:22:40 pm »
     spacemaverick

Got to thinking of alternative mentioned by someone else.  Just being able to link to the data here on earth would suffice instead of trying to launch your own vehicle.  Need to by-pass NASA though.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 12:24:04 pm »
ASU is not NASA though they work with NASA. 

I am putting together a package for the team at LROC and will send it out soon. I figured to wait till after the holidays

If they are serious about this we should have a good chance as they already leaked us stuff in 2006 and did fulfill our request to look at Tsiolkovsky Crater area, where we found a lot of rocks disturbed.

I am gathering a few of our best images and will see what happens. They have access to all the full high res tiffs of all the images from LO, Apollo and LRO. They also have the huge .cub files but that requires a Linux system and a special viewing program and as the files are 1 to 2 gigabytes in size, viewing the original images will be hard on a normal PC

Hopefully if they are serious, they will look at the areas of interest from our point of view

The thread at ATS quickly turned into a derailment by the usual skeptics, even Phage, attacking the scientists to draw attention away from the concept.

I wrote a few people supporting it to stop and let it fade, and to come here and we will do this right

The mere fact that ASU even made a statement that we need to look for Alien Artifacts on the Moon images is a MAJOR victory for our side, no matter the results. It gives us credibility.

The trick now is to gather our resources and make sure they are not swamped with all the crazies out there :D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »
Corresponding author.

Thanks Sky Otter  ;D

I will get a letter out tonight and post a copy in this thread

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 12:33:50 pm »
Everyone is excited about this announcement of looking for alien artifacts on the moon. What about the human artifacts? And I'm not talking about APOLLO!

Alien Artefacts, our Military Outposts, Ancient Ruins and even Apollo props :P...

Its all good for now. At least they are officially LOOKING

Now I doubt that they will be allowed to actually find anything, but they are letting amateurs do the hunting :D

I want them to look at Aristarchus, Kings' Valley, Tsiolkovsky and in particular...Daedalus Crater

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »
By all means, stimulate them to examine Daedalus; lo0ks almost like Art Bell's compound out at Pahrumph  :D

Considering the amount of feces they have shoveled over the years trying to discredit and divert attention from anything of lunar origin, it does make one wonder if the PTB are quietly encouraging and/ or permitting this new push for examination as an opening to let some revelations long hidden by them to surface...

8)

seeker
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:53:19 pm by the seeker »
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 07:33:00 pm »

They also have the huge .cub files but that requires a Linux system and a special viewing program and as the files are 1 to 2 gigabytes in size, viewing the original images will be hard on a normal PC

I looked into those files Zorgs. (.cub)
You can also use a Solaris machine (Unix) to view those files. Since I have a laptop with Solaris 10 installed i have been experimenting with ways to convert those pics to PC type files (.jpg/.bmp).
[Yes! I downloaded one of those humungous 1.2 GB files  :o]
(.cub) is actually a 3D format, that is used in this instance, with a gray scale height field map. Will get back to you when I make a breakthrough on that!

The thread at ATS quickly turned into a derailment by the usual skeptics, even Phage, attacking the scientists to draw attention away from the concept.

Phage still at it? LOL I shut him up once by accusing him of being MI6  ;D
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »
I looked into those files Zorgs. (.cub)

There is also ISIS (Appropriate name what? :D )

ISIS Integrated Software for Imagers and Spectrometers

This is the home page for Isis, an image processing software package. The focus of the software is to manipulate imagery collected by current and past NASA planetary missions sent to Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and other solar system bodies.
http://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/

I am looking to convert .cub files to a format such as jpg so that I can view them in windows.
Or, a windows viewer that will handle .cub files.
https://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/IsisSupport/index.php?topic=2304.0

GDAL Conversion Tips
https://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/IsisSupport/index.php?PHPSESSID=7vv04oahr8q3hs0n23ah5fnl11&/topic,2172.0.html

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 12:19:09 am »
Letter to ASU

Greetings Dr Davies.

I am contacting you on behalf of our group in regards to this article;
We should scour the moon for ancient traces of aliens, say scientists

Looking for anomalies on the Moon and on Mars is something our group has been doing for many years. When we saw the announcement that you are seriously considering having amateurs look for such items to see if there might be any Alien artifacts on the Moon... well all I can say is we were stunned. For decades those of us that have looked seriously have been ridiculed and called nut cases. Despite that we have continued to look, mostly because it is interesting and fun.

There are images that one can clearly put down to pareidolia, some are most likely odd rock formations, but some are just too odd and interesting to brush off.  If you are indeed serious about this we would love the opportunity to participate, as we are already doing it anyway. And we have already had interaction with ASU, indirectly. The first time was when Mark Robinson moved from North Western University to ASU. Someone linked us to the Color Clementine images before they were moved and a few weeks before USGS released their 'Map-a-Planet' site. At the time we were posting on ATS and created a popular thread on those images

Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite

Patricia Garcia of USGS even wrote a thank you to me for making the opening day such a success by the number of hits we generated.

The second time was when one of my team put in a request for LRO to look at the Tsiolkovsky Crater region.. particularly the lobate land mass that appeared to be recent movement.  Yes we were seeking signs of activity, as in perhaps mining operations, but we put the request in for 'geological reasons'... looking for disturbed and/or moving rocks. The LRO did shoot that area about a week later and we found many moving rocks in the area...  ;D

It is our belief that there are things going on on the Moon, whether secret operations, alien artifacts or something else. Since all we have to work with is NASA images, and most of our systems being window based, it does limit us in the search.

I imagine also that an announcement like this will likely swamp you with people sending stuff they think is important. But we are serious and very interested. Our forum is located at http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php. We have areas set up to be more private to avoid the trolls. If you could stop by and say hi, it would be greatly appreciated. We really would like to know more about what triggered this request. Understand that after years of ridicule, we find this idea coming from ASU a little bit of a shock, though a most welcome one.

No matter what we may or may not find, the search is important to us.

I would like to start off with one picture in particular, one that has even some hard core skeptics baffled and is easy to spot in the original without enhancements

The original image from Apollo
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-41-6156HR.jpg

The object
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/Moon9/AS11_41_6156/Structure01B.png

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/Moon9/AS11_41_6156/Structure01A.png

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/Moon9/AS11_41_6156/Structure02a.png

The Location
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/Moon9/AS11_41_6156/AS11-41-6156_Circled-Area.JPG

We would love to have a look at that crater with LRO

We have others but I will start with that one to see how we fare with this project. We naturally hope you are serious, and in reality you have little to lose except a bit of time looking over our finds. We will do the best we can to screen our best case finds. There were a lot in the old Lunar Orbiter series, despite the fact that those photos also had a lot of processing errors, and we have found some odd things in a few LRO images as well

We look forward to working with you on this project

Sincerely

Ron Schmidt

Pegasus Research Consortium
Las Vegas Nevada
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:00:54 am by thorfourwinds »

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 03:11:40 am »
Right, we just need a bit of media coverage of this now....  Can you imagine the headlines?

Lunatics in League with NASA in Search for Alien Moon Base

8)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]