collapse

Author Topic: Government Insanity Rules Supreme  (Read 10198 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Government Insanity Rules Supreme
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:37:28 pm »
This man is probably turning over in his grave

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin

SOURCE

When did America forget the wisdom of the Founders?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:04:50 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Government Insanity Rules Supreme
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:41:17 pm »
DOJ Raids Gibson Guitars Looking for Illegal Wood

The Federal Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. has suggested that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department’s interpretation of a law in India. (If the same wood from the same tree was finished by Indian workers, the material would be legal.) This action was taken without the support and consent of the government in India.

Unbelievably enough, this was not the first time that the Gibson factories have been raided for this same reason.

In 2009, more than a dozen agents with automatic weapons invaded the Gibson factory in Nashville. The Government seized guitars and a substantial amount of ebony fingerboard blanks from Madagascar. To date, 1 year and 9 months later, criminal charges have NOT been filed, yet the Government still holds Gibson’s property. Gibson has obtained sworn statements and documents from the Madagascar government and these materials, which have been filed in federal court, show that the wood seized in 2009 was legally exported under Madagascar law and that no law has been violated. Gibson is attempting to have its property returned in a civil proceeding that is pending in federal court.

So why has the DOJ gone crazy for wood?  They believe they are complying with the Lacey Act, specifically, this provision:

Anyone who imports into the United States, or exports out of the United States, illegally harvested plants or products made from illegally harvested plants, including timber, as well as anyone who exports, transports, sells, receives, acquires or purchases such products in the United States, may be prosecuted.  In any prosecution under the Lacey Act, the burden of proof of a violation rests on the government. (emphasis mine)

DOJ Raids Gibson Guitars Looking for Illegal Wood

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 01:43:46 pm »
New Government Policy Imposes Strict Standards on Garage Sales Nationwide
By Diane Macedo
Published September 18, 20

Americans who slap $1 pricetags on their used possessions at garage sales or bazaar events risk being slapped with fines of up to $15 million, thanks to a new government campaign.The "Resale Round-up," launched by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, enforces new limits on lead in children's products and makes it illegal to sell any items that don't meet those limits or have been recalled for any other reason.

The strict standards were set in the 2008 Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act after a series of high-profile recalls of Chinese-made toys.

The standards were originally interpreted to apply only to new products, but now the CPSC says they apply to used items as well.

New Government Policy Imposes Strict Standards on Garage Sales Nationwide

$100,000 fine for your yard sale

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:45:57 pm »
Woman Could Be Jailed For Vegetable Garden

Julie Bass, of Oak Park, Michigan, wanted to grow her own food. She was a fan of organic vegetables, so she decided to convert her front yard from the grass-and-tree landscaping typical in her neighborhood into an edible garden. Because she had just torn up the front lawn to install a new sewer system, she had a perfect opportunity to start fresh. She planted cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs in raised wooden planters, and waited to reap her produce.

A neighbor didn't like her choice of landscaping.

The neighbor called the city and complained that Bass's yard disrupted the look of the neighborhood. The city agreed, and issued Bass a ticket.

Bass was offended. Organic produce is expensive. If she wants to grow her own, she reasoned, why shouldn't she be allowed to? She refused to change her yard. The city insisted; she lawyered up.

Now, with neither party being willing to back down, the case is likely to go to a jury trial. If Bass loses, she faces up to 93 days in jail

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:52 pm »
$500 fine for lemonade stand

BETHESDA, Md., June 18 (UPI) -- The parents of children who set up a lemonade stand outside the U.S. Open in Maryland said an inspector shut down the stand and fined them $500.

Carrie Marriott said she and the parents of another child operating the stand in Bethesda were fined for allegedly ignoring warnings to shut down the stand before the county inspector forced them to shut it down, WUSA-TV, Washington, reported Friday.

"This gentleman from the county is now telling us because we don't have a vendors license, the kids won't be allowed to sell their lemonade," Carrie Marriott said.

She said the children were attempting to raise money for a pediatric cancer charity.

$500 fine for lemonade stand

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 01:50:11 pm »
USDA shut kids rabbit business
Family Facing $4 Million in Fines for Selling Bunnies

Last year the government the government took steps to regulate your backyard garden, last month was the culmination of a year long major sting against an Amish farm in Pennsylvania for selling raw milk.  Now a young mans rabbit business is going to cost his family $4million.
Family Facing $4 Million in Fines for Selling Bunnies

by Bob McCarty

Almost nine months after a Missouri dairy was ordered to stop selling cheese made from raw milk, I share details of another hare-raising story from the Show-Me State: John Dollarhite and his wife Judy of tiny Nixa, Mo., have been told by the USDA that, by Monday, they must pay a fine exceeding $90,000. If they don’t pay that fine, they could face additional fines of almost $4 million. Why? Because they sold more than $500 worth of bunnies — $4,600 worth to be exact — in a single calendar year

USDA shut kids rabbit business

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:52:30 pm »
Pennsylvania Pie Fight: State Cracks Down on Baked Goods
Inspector Nabs Homemade Desserts At St. Cecilia Church's Lenten Fish Fry

ROCHESTER, Pa. -- On the first Friday of Lent, an elderly female parishioner of St. Cecilia Catholic Church began unwrapping pies at the church. That's when the trouble started.

A state inspector, there for an annual checkup on the church's kitchen, spied the desserts. After it was determined that the pies were home-baked, the inspector decreed they couldn't be sold.

"Everyone was devastated," says Josie Reed, a 69-year-old former teacher known for her pumpkin and berry pies.

Sold for $1 a slice, homemade pies have always been part of the Lenten fish-fry dinners at St. Cecilia's, located in this tiny city near Pittsburgh. Similar dinners are held in church basements and other venues across the country this time of year.

The problem is the pies are illegal in Pennsylvania. Under the state's food-safety code, facilities that provide food at four or more events in a year require at least a temporary eating and drinking license, and food has to be prepared in a state-inspected kitchen. Many churches have six fish fries a year, on Fridays during Lent. St. Cecilia's has always complied with having its kitchen licensed, so food made there is fine to serve. But homemade goods don't make the cut.

Pennsylvania Pie Fight: State Cracks Down on Baked Goods

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »
Endangered Species – The Chemistry Set

Copied from: The 12 Angry Men Blog

What do Islamofacism, methamphetamine production, tort lawyers, and homemade fireworks have in common? The answer is that they are all part of the seemingly inevitable process of destroying the childhood Chemistry Set. A.C. Gilbert, in 1918 was titled the “Man who Saved Christmas” with his innovative ideas of packaging a few glass tubes and some common chemicals into starter kits that enabled a generation to learn the joy of experimentation, and the basis for the scientific method of thought.

Chemcraft Chemistry Set

Gilbert Chemistry Set

Some of Gilbert’s original sets included such items as sodium cyanide, radioactive samples (complete with a Geiger counter), and glass blowing kits. I will freely admit that one of the first things I did with my chemistry set was to attempt to make an explosive. I remember mixing up chemicals that evolved free chlorine gas and having to evacuate the house. I remember mixing potassium nitrate and sugar to make rocket engines and quickly evolving to higher specific impulse fuels. I remember the joy of finally obtaining some nitric acid which allowed me to nitrate basically everything in the house (cotton for gun cotton, glycerine and alcohol for nitroglycerine). So yes, I have to admit that there is a risk involved. But this is how people learn. Sometimes knowledge comes with pain — one-shot induction.

Today however, the Chemistry Set is toast. Current instantiations are embarrassing. There are no chemicals except those which react at low energy to produce color changes. No glass tubes or beakers, certainly no Bunsen burners or alcohol burners (remember the clear blue flames when the alcohol spilled out over the table). Today’s sets cover perfume mixing and creation of luminol (the ‘CSI effect’ I suppose).

In some States, you need a FBI criminal background check to purchase chemicals. Some metals, like lithium, red phosphorus, sodium and potassium, are almost impossible to purchase in elemental form. This is thanks to their use in manufacturing methamphetamine. Sulphur and potassium nitrate, both useful chemicals, are being classified as class C fireworks (here is a good precursor link). Mail order suppliers of science products are raided. Many over-the-counter compounds now require what is essentially a (poor) background check. Even fertilizer (ammonium nitrate) is under intense scrutiny. Where does this trend end? Ten years from now, will the list include table salt, seawater and natural gas — precursors to many industrical chemicals?

Then there is the liability issue. Of course some people buy into the lets be safe at any cost and assert that much chemistry can be done without explosions and stinky fumes. If a ladder manufacturer is under a constant barrage of liability suits, imagine the torrent of litigation directed to those giving a child a set of potentially dangerous chemicals. Its a CHILD, for God’s sake. [Oh, I'm sorry, for a minute there I was waxing Democrat.]

Yet there is still a little hope. Although Thames and Kosmos can’t ship their sets with the full range of chemicals needed to perform their listed experiments, at least they provide a list of sources from which to acquire them (assuming the appropriate permits, licenses, fees, FEES, background checks, and did I mention fees.) What is at stake here is no less than the future of America’s competitiveness and the innovation the make the United States the magnet for international entrepreneurs and scientists. Without the chemistry set, will we have scientists and innovators, or just a country of rock stars, political commentators and movie idols.

[Author's Note: This article is primarily a result of my frustration in trying to acquire a few hundred grams of potassium carbonate for an electrolyte solution.]

Copied from: The 12 Angry Men Blog

My Chem Lab

Back in High School I was a whiz kid in Chemistry... and ended up using those skills for metalurgy and mineral identification in later years.

A few years back, there was a police hunt for a guy with a gun in our neighborhood, so the cops were crawling all over the place. My side door to the garage (behind a metal gate entry) was unlocked. My wife heard the dogs stir and heard noises in the garage, so went to look (yeah not to smart... but..)

A guy shown a flashlight in her face and said "Police.. get back in the house"  WTF? This officer with a dog had entered the garage because the door was unlocked looking for the perp. Later we saw more cops in the back yard even though we were home and could be seen in the living room through the patio door (this was about 11pm) swat guys and cars, and a helicopter all over the place... they did finally catch the guy and next day I found a Berreta tossed under one of our bushes...

Two days later two detectives knocked on the door, and wanted to look at the meth lab in my garage!  :o

Well what had happened was the officer that was snooping in my garage looking for that perp, without having asked nor even told us he was going in there... TOTAL illegal action.... had spotted my assay lab with his flashlight and reported it.

So fortunately for me, in the light of day it was easy enough to prove that it was NOT a meth lab... and that the cop had no right to have searched the place in the first place (this was still before 9/11). So a long story short, I got written apologies and the cop was charged by the Captain. Didn't push it after that... no need to really, but it shows the mind set of the police...

About a year later a chemistry professor from a local high school came int ACE hardware looking for a little bit of sulfur for experiments in class. It's still not illegal in Nevada as it is in some states, but dang hard to find these days. Sulfur is one of the basic chemicals you need for most simple experiments. So my wife told him we had some. I ended up donating the school a lot of my old equipment and some chemicals.

Sulfur? Not that hard to get in Canada LOL I got mine from the docks in Thunderbay, but here is a picture from Vancouver

Bright yellow sulfur piles in at the water in Vancouver harbor, Canada.

Sulfur Pile N 57.02.43 W 111.38.42 Syncrude Mildred Lake Alberta Canada

By product of the refineries  ;D

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:01:30 pm by zorgon »

Offline Dood

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 04:54:05 am »

I posted this over on OMF in response to Zorgon's Question in his Area we have set up over there for him.

Zorgon's Question was: "And what are YOU going to do about it?"

My Answer was this....
We need a National Strike ...
A total shut down of EVERYthing...
Mostly...no purchasing of anything.
Then fast. As in not EATING!.  Only drink water.
Or eat just enough to get by.
I am serious....We need to STOP.
Do not go out in the streets...screw that.
Just stay home...do not do anything.
No violence.  Simply stop doing what we are 'expected' to do.
This has more power then most people understand.

However, this will not happen....not yet anyways!

We are taught to OBEY.
We Fear what will happen to us if we do not OBEY!

Here is something I posted this just recently on this forum.....
Err...that meant what I posted recently on OMF...not here...Ooops!

On Modern Servitude....
I like the fact that the freeze frame on the YouTube screen is where a person 'Wakes Up' to what is going on.
Most of you will know what that freeze frame represents just by looking at it... ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9kke4weORE[/youtube]

It is a a well done little film.
I do not care if some do not like this or that about this film.
It breaks down what we do day in and day out anymore.
How (and what) we eat, work, play, and everything that goes with it...not to forget how Critical Thinking is being beat out of our children.
The Illusion of ownership of ourselves... We do not even have control or ownership of our bodies. :-/

BTW: I at least try to inform people of what is going on.
Most do not understand the question much less are willing to pass this info on.
This is what always intrigue me about Zorgon.
He asks the 'Correct Questions'.
We will never find out answers if we do not know the correct questions to ask first...

As for Chemistry Sets....
I remember having fun with those.
We use to handle the element Mercury in our hands.
Right in Science Class at school.  :P
Along with little that we hooked up a belt/pulley to them.
So we could have elevators and whatever with our .
Lets not forget Estes Rockets with a Camera or even a mouse in them... :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:18:16 am by Dood »

Offline Dood

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 06:01:05 am »

This is from a little site called 'Forbidden Knowledge TV'.

FRONTLINE | Sneak Peek: Inside "Top Secret America" | PBS (2010)

This is the Direct Link to this story/video: HERE

This is the Direct Link to the YouTube: HERE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSjg6IGR8I[/youtube]

Uploaded by PBS
July 19, 2010

FRONTLINE goes inside The Washington Post's major two-year examination into the massive, unwieldy, top secret world the U.S. government has created in response to 9/11.

A major examination by Washington Post reporters Dana Priest and William Arkin is the subject of a FRONTLINE documentary produced by veteran producer Michael Kirk. The Post's two-year investigation looks at the top secret world the government created in response to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 - a world that has become so large, so unwieldy and so secretive that few know how much money it costs, how many people it employs, how many programs exist within it or how many agencies duplicate work being done elsewhere.

www.pbs.org/frontline/topsecretamerica/

www.pbs.org/frontline

Offline Dood

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 11:10:46 am »
I hope this is On Topic for this thread....

Don't shoot the messenger of this film.
Yes, it was produced by Alex Jones but the film was written & directed by Jason Bermas ('Loose Change').

[/size][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO24XmP1c5E&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/youtube][/size][/font]

Direct Link HERE!

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 08:32:18 pm »
Concerning the Raid on Gibson Guitars;

This unfortunate event begs the question, Why Gibson?

Gibsons Press Release:

The Federal Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. has suggested that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department’s interpretation of a law in India. (If the same wood from the same tree was finished by Indian workers, the material would be legal.) This action was taken without the support and consent of the government in India.

On August 24, 2011, around 8:45 a.m. CDT, agents for the federal government executed four search warrants on Gibson’s facilities in Nashville and Memphis and seized several pallets of wood, electronic files and guitars. Gibson had to cease its manufacturing operations and send workers home for the day, while armed agents executed the search warrants. Gibson has fully cooperated with the execution of the search warrants.
http://www.gibson.com/absolutenm/templates/FeatureTemplatePressRelease.aspx?articleid=1340&zoneid=6

In this case, the Government issued warrants based on their interpretation of another country’s laws.
Laughable, yet scary and definitely insane.

However, that they demonize an American, non-unionized company for something that isn’t even a crime
leaves us at the precipice of The Rabbit Hole.

One of Gibson’s leading competitors is C.F. Martin & Company. The C.E.O., Chris Martin IV, is a long-time Democratic supporter; $35,400 in contributions to Democratic candidates and the DNC over the past couple
of election cycles. According to C.F. Martin’s catalog, several of their guitars contain “East Indian Rosewood.”
In case you were wondering, that is the exact same wood in at least ten of Gibson’s guitars.

Now, I am no Republican, but this is fairly obvious!
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline Zenbuoy

• Altered Ego
  • Regular Members
  • Gold 20
    • Spotting Cryptoterrestrials
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »

... even underwear terrorists. Thank Enki we are safe in BVD's... :o

Everyone is a debunker. Just like they want iT.
So, why does there continue to be so much bunk?

Offline hoss58

• Gold 8
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 04:52:54 pm »
Hey zorgon, in the thread "moon anomalies," the picture with the white triangle shape(as17-160-23988)check out the structure app. 2.5 inches directly ahead, in the direction the triangle is pointing. It looks like a huge tower or maybe a crane, casting a big shadow towards the lower right of the pic.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:09:41 pm by hoss58 »
When you die you will find out that John Lear was right..........Hoss

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56