collapse

Author Topic: they know what you are doing  (Read 273559 times)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
Re: they know what you are doing
« Reply #810 on: March 14, 2018, 07:54:16 pm »

wellllll i can only tell you my experience

to vote i needed to be 21 and have proof of that
(the age has been dropped thru the years)..once you are registered and don't vote for so many years you need to redo your voting card..depends on your state

do i need to show it now.. no ...cause i've lived in the same spot for 40 some years and the voting board who check you in when you vote knows who i am  population in this small boro is 1250 humans and not are all of voting age
i do need to sign in  every time  so that  they can match my signature to the one they have on record every time i vote..

basically i think the stories of anyone and multiple voting  is fake news..
instead of repeating  stories.. go volunteer at the polls and see how it really works

as for the conceal carry gun permit...took me  five minutes
and no i don't own a gun at this time .. i wanted to get the permit so i could take  lessons but just can't get to doing that..

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #811 on: March 14, 2018, 08:04:40 pm »
I've heard it is a lot easier than that in many states.  AND definitely in many shops. :)
Don't believe everything you hear; the "shops" as you call them are closely watched; state and federal rules are not to be taken lightly, for not following them to the letter will get you a $10,000 fine and 3-5 years in prison, not to mention that you will lose your right to bear arms, the right to vote, and your citizenship...

In fact if there are more guns than people you don't need a shop.  Lets face facts
To be a legal dealer of new firearms, yes, you do, and must have a secureable arms locker on premises, with very strict paper trails detailing purchase, sale, and transfer of registration. Sales of personal property falls under different laws and rules, but any firearm registered to you,unless it is reported by you as being stolen, used to commit a crime will lead the police and ATF straight to you, so you better have a receipt and bill of sale showing where you got rid of it and to who

And in some States you DO need ID to vote
In the majority of states you do; the problem is that one or two liberal states are not following federal guidelines and breaking the rules, issuing state ID's to immigrants that have foreign citizenship and absolutely no rights to vote
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #812 on: March 14, 2018, 08:17:33 pm »

wellllll i can only tell you my experience

to vote i needed to be 21 and have proof of that
(the age has been dropped thru the years)..once you are registered and don't vote for so many years you need to redo your voting card..depends on your state

do i need to show it now.. no ...cause i've lived in the same spot for 40 some years and the voting board who check you in when you vote knows who i am  population in this small boro is 1250 humans and not are all of voting age
i do need to sign in  every time  so that  they can match my signature to the one they have on record every time i vote..

basically i think the stories of anyone and multiple voting  is fake news..
instead of repeating  stories.. go volunteer at the polls and see how it really works

as for the conceal carry gun permit...took me  five minutes
and no i don't own a gun at this time .. i wanted to get the permit so i could take  lessons but just can't get to doing that..
You do live in a small town in Pa and it is a different world up there compared to most other places, otter, especially compared to Chicago or LA; more people live in one city block there than in your whole boro  8)

working at the polls is different also; a thousand people voting versus 50,000 in a 12 hour period is a bit busier; in some states you can register at the polls and vote all at once; where I live at in Georgia you have to be registered before you can do anything, I have to show my card, photo id, and sign.

8)
Seekers Domain

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #813 on: March 14, 2018, 08:23:18 pm »

you are right Seeker.. that's why i stay here  small is good in some things.. but i do not take as gospel some of the stories ..sorry just the skeptic in me.. i want some proof and i haven't seen it yet

and you know me Seeker.. i had to see how many states did that

As of October 2017, 15 states plus the District of Columbia offer same day registration (SDR), which allows any qualified resident of the state to go to register to vote and cast a ballot all in that day.
In most other states, voters must register by a given deadline prior to Election Day. The deadline varies by state, with most falling between eight and 30 days before the election.

Table 1, at the bottom of this page, provides a detailed list of states with same day and election day registration. It includes statute citations, links to state resources, verification procedures, locations, and timeframes. Also, read the May 2013 issue of the Canvass for a FAQ on same day registration.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/same-day-registration.aspx
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:29:32 pm by space otter »

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #814 on: March 14, 2018, 08:35:02 pm »

and you know me Seeker.. i had to see how many states did that

Indeed  8)
Seekers Domain

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #815 on: March 15, 2018, 08:32:47 am »

well it is also very interesting to read what precautions each of those states takes

it's down at the bottom in this chart
DETAILS FOR SAME DAY AND ELECTION DAY REGISTRATION STATES

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #816 on: March 17, 2018, 08:38:02 pm »

we are so screwed

entire article
at link.. only parts copied

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-trump-consultants-exploited-the-facebook-data-of-millions/ar-BBKkWOF?li=BBnbcA1

How Trump Consultants Exploited the Facebook Data of Millions

The New York Times
By MATTHEW ROSENBERG, NICHOLAS CONFESSORE and CAROLE CADWALLADR
5 hrs ago

The firm had secured a $15 million investment from Robert Mercer, the wealthy Republican donor, and wooed his political adviser, Stephen K. Bannon, with the promise of tools that could identify the personalities of American voters and influence their behavior. But it did not have the data to make its new products work.

So the firm harvested private information from the Facebook profiles of more than 50 million users without their permission, according to former Cambridge employees, associates and documents, making it one of the largest data leaks in the social network’s history. The breach allowed the company to exploit the private social media activity of a huge swath of the American electorate, developing techniques that underpinned its work on President Trump’s campaign in 2016.

But the full scale of the data leak involving Americans has not been previously disclosed — and Facebook, until now, has not acknowledged it. Interviews with a half-dozen former employees and contractors, and a review of the firm’s emails and documents, have revealed that Cambridge not only relied on the private Facebook data but still possesses most or all of the trove.

Cambridge paid to acquire the personal information through an outside researcher who, Facebook says, claimed to be collecting it for academic purposes.

the swamp hasn't been drained it's been expanded by the rich liars and cons who want to rule

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #817 on: March 17, 2018, 08:45:26 pm »
If you choose to put your information out there using something like FB, you're fair game.

Selfies = facial recognition

You know how they use the rest of the data you input.

We've known for years that people like F*ckerberg are screwing over the masses, still, the majority chose to ignore the warnings and charged full-speed ahead into that giant database.

::) 8)
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #818 on: March 17, 2018, 09:15:58 pm »
If you choose to put your information out there using something like FB, you're fair game.

Selfies = facial recognition

You know how they use the rest of the data you input.

We've known for years that people like F*ckerberg are screwing over the masses, still, the majority chose to ignore the warnings and charged full-speed ahead into that giant database.

::) 8)
Yup  8)
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #819 on: March 18, 2018, 05:12:02 am »
That's why I put almost no information on Facebook, and the information I put is not complete, so they get an incomplete version of myself. :)
The only information I put there is easily gathered from other sources.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #820 on: March 18, 2018, 07:09:34 am »

the majority chose to ignore the warnings and charged full-speed ahead into that giant database.

and  that still amazes me...  sigh

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #821 on: March 18, 2018, 07:13:29 am »
and  that still amazes me...  sigh
A few years ago I read on another forum of a member's mother that used to post everything she did on social networks, and one time posted that she was going to the lawyer's office for some legal advice/work, even saying who the lawyer was. As she was a rich person the daughter was worried that someone might want to attack or kidnap her, but she kept on posting all that information.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #822 on: April 04, 2018, 01:59:13 pm »
  well golly gee if you were on farcebook your info is public now

Facebook's original estimate that the personal information of 50 million users had been shared with the data-mining firm Cambridge Analytica was apparently a low-ball. In a Wednesday blog post detailing revamped data security policies, the social networked admitted the number of individuals whose accounts were compromised is closer to 87 million -- an increase of 37 million users.

Cambridge Analytica, a London-based firm, bought the data from Cambridge University professor Aleksandr Kogan, who managed to obtain it from unwitting Facebook users via a survey app. Early news reports indicated that 50 million users were enveloped in the data-mining scandal, but the company's own acknowledgement on Wednesday put the figure at nearly double the original figure. Cambridge Analytica worked with President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign to target voters with ads.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/facebook-cambridge-analytica-scandal-data-breach

Facebook raises number of users affected by Cambridge Analytica scandal to 87 million
The number of users whose information was improperly shared with research firm Cambridge Analytica was previously estimated to be 50 million.
Facebook issued the updated number is a lengthy post by CTO Mike Schroepfer about its privacy changes, including restricting third party app access and deleting old logs of messages.
Media reports last month alleged a UK-based researcher collected the data from Facebook users when just 270,000 users downloaded a psychology quiz app.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/04/facebook-updates-the-number-of-users-impacted-by-cambridge-analytica-leak-to-87-million-.html

you hafta know NOT to take any of those online quiz s
especially the ones that want to see if you are psychic

Facebook announced Wednesday that it believes up to 87 million users — mostly in the United States — were affected by Cambridge Analytica’s improper collection and sharing of personal information for political campaigns.

That number, more than double the population of California, is significantly higher than the initial figure of 50 million as estimated by former Cambridge Analytica employee and whistleblower Christopher Wylie. It marks the first time Facebook has estimated the scope of the data collection, which stemmed from an app that was created by a University of Cambridge researcher. The personality quiz app had about 270,000 users, but at the time Facebook allowed app developers to collect information of their users’ friends, too. The researcher sold that information to Cambridge Analytica.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/04/facebook-87-million-users-affected-by-cambridge-analytica-data-collection/

Facebook Believes Data Of Up To 87 Million Users Was Improperly Shared
Most of the accounts affected by the scandal were in the U.S., Facebook said.

Upcoming changes outlined by Schroepfer include restrictions on the Facebook app’s ability to access users’ information, the disabling of phone numbers and email addresses to search for users, changes to call and text history, and the added ability for users to see what apps they use.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/facebook-says-87-million-accounts-shared_us_5ac5226ce4b09ef3b2431051

::)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #823 on: April 04, 2018, 02:44:17 pm »
and more and more and yikes..interesting that you can read this a the bbc

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43639709

Mystery Stingray devices discovered in Washington

getty image
Stingrays are devices which mimic mobile phone towers to gather data

Spy kits that can track mobile phones and intercept calls and messages have been discovered in Washington and beyond, the US government has said.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) says it has observed "anomalous activity" consistent with the use of so-called stingrays.

They could be used by foreign spies or criminals, although the DHS said it did not know who was using them.

It added that such devices pose a "growing risk".

Stingrays, a brand name for a type of International Mobile Subscriber Identity catcher (IMSI), are mobile phone surveillance devices that mimic mobile phone towers.

The size of a briefcase, the devices send out signals to trick mobile phones into transmitting their location and identifying information.

As well as tracking the mobile phone of a suspect, the devices also gather information about phones of bystanders who are nearby.

It is believed to be the first time the US government has acknowledged the use of rogue spying devices in Washington.

Police use
The revelation came in response to a letter from US senator Ron Wyden to the DHS, asking about the unauthorised use of such devices.

The agency response was obtained by the Associated Press from Wyden's office.

In it, a senior official at the DHS acknowledged that it had "observed anomalous activity in the National Capital Region (NCR) that appears to be consistent with International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) catchers".

It added that it had observed similar activity "outside the NCR" but had "not validated or attributed such activity to specific entities or devices."

The use of Stingray devices by police forces across the US is being tracked by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). It has identified 73 agencies in 25 states that own such devices but believes there could be many more in use which are not formally declared.

There are concerns among politicians in Washington that such devices could also be used by unauthorised agencies, such as foreign governments.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/privacy-technology/surveillance-technologies/stingray-tracking-devices-whos-got-them
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:53:48 pm by space otter »

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #824 on: April 04, 2018, 03:16:26 pm »
My first thought on reading this was nocturnal, roaming vigilantes blacked out and armed with scatterguns blasting these f'ing things off their mounts.

I enjoy my fantasies.  ;D
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter