collapse

Author Topic: WARNING - Internet Under Attack - MUST READ  (Read 85433 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Re: WARNING - Internet Under Attack - MUST READ
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2012, 05:12:01 am »
Ghostery allows you to block tracking sites and allows you to pick which ones are okay

http://www.ghostery.com/

Most sites use the same trackers so there is a library list...  some trackers are necessary to make sites load.  Its easy to use on sites you visit regularly

Thanks, zorg.  It's on My system now.  [smile]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2012, 05:16:14 am »
My suggestion:
Go to your local Computer store, inquire about purchasing Anti-virus software, then save your receipt's. They should be tax deductable for the remaining balance of the under writed cost of producing the necessary 725K that could be distributed. This way the Dept. of Homeland security gets their job done, and we as consumer's, tax payers and civilians can then say "Thanks for the warning and protecting me and my privacy." instead of "What hell you mean I won't have internet anymore, I did nothing wrong!" Scenario's.
C'mon folks, we are trying to run an efficient country here, aren't we? Why does it take so ungodly long for these entity's of our Gov too figure out such simply planned ideology's such as the one I presented above?

Any advice for One who has no money, no credit, no bank account?  And I do mean NO money.  Income: 0, Food Stamps: $200 mo, virtually homeless (sleeping on friend's floor).
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
  • "Why are we all here? Because we ain't all there!"
    • Inception Radio Live-Chat
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2012, 05:19:26 am »
Did you see the updated version of this scenario Amaterasu that I posted? It is now giving deadlines and approximate numbers of infected PC's from around the world.

hers the story.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-04-20/internet-woes-infected-pcs/54446044/1
"To know men is too have knowledge, to know self is to have insight."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2012, 05:39:11 am »
Well...  Do I take My chances?  Or do I play with the FBI?  Those are My choices, it would appear.

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2012, 06:16:59 am »
Amaterasu,

Read your last two posts here. What do YOU think that you should be doing?   Linda

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2012, 06:50:30 am »
Amaterasu,

Read your last two posts here. What do YOU think that you should be doing?   Linda

I have no idea.  I don't know if I want to risk the FBI or the possibility I am infected.  Was hoping to get some knowledgeable advice.  So far, the advice has been don't trust the FBI.  But wait for more advice.  [shrug]

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2012, 11:52:15 am »
I have no idea.  I don't know if I want to risk the FBI or the possibility I am infected.  Was hoping to get some knowledgeable advice.  So far, the advice has been don't trust the FBI.  But wait for more advice.  [shrug]

Greetings Sweet Thang, good morning to you.

Still working on that other story for you, many rabbit holes, starting with the premise that we, the people, are too stupid to fix it ourselves.

It does not pass the smell test and we are in the hunt.

What make and model of computer do you have and how much RAM do you have installed?

This one is easy as we be known in some circles as MacGyver

"Operationalization and Execution of Solutions"

... is our company motto.

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 08:38:28 pm »
Any advice for One who has no money, no credit, no bank account?  And I do mean NO money.  Income: 0, Food Stamps: $200 mo, virtually homeless (sleeping on friend's floor).

In the report Amaterasu, it said that it was mostly people that got infected that had home loans and other small time business transactions. I don't know if that pertains too you or not, but I would weather the storm, if for some reason it had hit your PC, and you don't have any protection at all, I would venture the Website provided, if it gets to too personal and you don't feel safe, I suggest getting a job and earning the Money to get it right.
I have purchased the "VIPRE 2012" anti-virus software from Walmart, it was about $55 but it comes with life time virus protection and you can also use it for up too 6 different networked computer's or one's that you plan on using.
"Is there any reason too believe your are currently infected?" If not, I wouldn't be too concerned, I just personally believe it should be the safe guarder's from our gov too provide it free of charge, hell, if they would have done that from the beginning, would have been taken care of months ago, IMHO.
Sorry I don't have better answers for you. Got to do what you got to do I guess.

I just read your plea and life story from your domain page you had created, I truly do feel for you, I guess I am baffled of why these Gaming institutions aren't hiring you either.
I am not as near educated with such thing's as you are, but, if it really comes down too it, I am a softy, and beings your are such a computer whiz, maybe we can work something out with the remaining network cards I have too use on my current software VIPRE package.
Don't usually do thing's like this over the Internet with people I don't really know, but I understand your situation and have been there myself, not too long ago at that.
Well, thanks for your story and putting all that info up about yourself, it was a very humbling tale too say the least. Drop me a line and we will see where it goes from here, OK?
With Respects,
1Worldwatcher
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:06:56 pm by 1Worldwatcher »

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 09:41:37 pm »

This one is easy as we be known in some circles as MacGyver

"Operationalization and Execution of Solutions"

... is our company motto.

This is good to see!

I am just now catching up with the days activity....

If anyone should need help, please feel free to send me a
message, I would be glad to help. No fees, just love and
the best intentions.

bts~
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2012, 12:18:17 am »
In the report Amaterasu, it said that it was mostly people that got infected that had home loans and other small time business transactions. I don't know if that pertains too you or not, but I would weather the storm, if for some reason it had hit your PC, and you don't have any protection at all, I would venture the Website provided, if it gets to too personal and you don't feel safe, I suggest getting a job and earning the Money to get it right.

I think I am safe.  [smile]  About "getting a job..."  I have applied to over 50,000 jobs since I was laid off over six years ago.  I have to have a desk job because I cannot stand up more than 1/2 hour without pain, and 8 hours leaves Me unable to get out of bed the following morning.  But I have not been picky.  ANY job that I can sit at, and have the skills for, I have applied to - even a chicken plucker job at minimum wage!  (A 20-something got that job...like most of the other jobs I apply to.)

I just read your plea and life story from your domain page you had created, I truly do feel for you, I guess I am baffled of why these Gaming institutions aren't hiring you either.

It's a catch 22 unless One knows somebody:  have to have experience to get the job, have to have the job to get the experience.

I am not as near educated with such thing's as you are, but, if it really comes down too it, I am a softy, and beings your are such a computer whiz, maybe we can work something out with the remaining network cards I have too use on my current software VIPRE package.

I wouldn't call M'self a "computer whiz..."  I can run most any software, given 1/2 a day to get the basics, and once built My own PC (when the 386 was the top of the line), but I am surely no programmer!  LOL!  Not sure what You have in mind, but if I can do it, I will!

Don't usually do thing's like this over the Internet with people I don't really know, but I understand your situation and have been there myself, not too long ago at that.

I appreciate Your gentle spirit and empathy.  Truly, I do.

Well, thanks for your story and putting all that info up about yourself, it was a very humbling tale too say the least. Drop me a line and we will see where it goes from here, OK?

I will.  [smile]  Not sure which URL You were at... 

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2012, 05:07:34 am »
I for one welcome the crashing of my pathetically challenged dell laptop, which, although giving me great service for the last six months, has developed a nasty line on the screen issue, and is nearly impossible to read anything on a black background, so bear with me if I cant read half the words Im typing right now!
Crash my pc, please, in the immortal words of that old guy...LOL!

Our government can throw the switch at any time, and what we need to do is establish a series of underground(not literally) ham operators with binary conversion modules that can transmit information, although very slowly, from town to town. If we go martial, we will wish we had, so instead of trying to figure how to keep our computers safe, why not go to the airwaves with a crypto-code based network of ham operators, trading important info with waht basically amounts to morse code.
It might seem a primitive idea, now, but when you have NO method of communicating with even your neighbors, due to martial law, youll wish youd joined the fold earlier.
They can take our wired devices, and shut down the cell towers, but to scramble ham frequencies with any effectiveness, is far too expensive and resource taxing for them to really do it.

I think Amaterasu has the right idea with robots, and if we could hybridize them to integrate ham radio into their software framework, they could become our communication devices as well.

ROBOT RADIO!
WRBT the only way to talk to your neighbors through the fallout, and the bullets flying from our fine servicemen as they kill their own in the behest of our fearless lizards...I mean leaders!LOL!

We would, once again, feel like TT Brown, firing up his first radio station.
Ah, the spirals of technology!
Our past becomes our future.

Ouch, must...get....coffee!
Littleenki
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2012, 09:43:18 am »
Amaterasu
I will.  [smile]  Not sure which URL You were at... 

It was the one you provided with your profile here on Living moon, the lay out was quite user friendly!! LOL Good thing for me... All thumbs as they say, when it comes to PC intellectualism.. But, I have learned a lot since reverting from paper and pen too the Internet...lol

I think Littleenki is probably right about running some kind of binary program too and through HAM operator's. I have a friend that has been one for over 40 years now, and he has told me stories of how he has actually saved lives by tuning into distress and SOS calls via transmitter. My friend swears by it as well Littleenki, so it must mean something coming from him and now you.

Amaterasu, did that website for anti virus software that Zorgon sent you work? Or was it a pay site? Just curious, know a lot of people that probably could use such a site , if it was free of charge. Still don't like software downloaded from a website, much safer having a program disc in your hand, if you ask me...

Online Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2012, 11:37:17 am »

Our government can throw the switch at any time, and what we need to do is establish a series of underground(not literally) ham operators with binary conversion modules that can transmit information, although very slowly, from town to town. If we go martial, we will wish we had, so instead of trying to figure how to keep our computers safe, why not go to the airwaves with a crypto-code based network of ham operators, trading important info with waht basically amounts to morse code.
It might seem a primitive idea, now, but when you have NO method of communicating with even your neighbors, due to martial law, youll wish youd joined the fold earlier.
They can take our wired devices, and shut down the cell towers, but to scramble ham frequencies with any effectiveness, is far too expensive and resource taxing for them to really do it.

I think Amaterasu has the right idea with robots, and if we could hybridize them to integrate ham radio into their software framework, they could become our communication devices as well.

ROBOT RADIO!
WRBT the only way to talk to your neighbors through the fallout, and the bullets flying from our fine servicemen as they kill their own in the behest of our fearless lizards...I mean leaders!LOL!

We would, once again, feel like TT Brown, firing up his first radio station.
Ah, the spirals of technology!
Our past becomes our future.

Ouch, must...get....coffee!
Littleenki

The fact of the matter is we are dealing with multiple issues:

-Governments that insisted OS developers leave in "Back-Doors" to enable spying
-Conterfeit components & software
-A population willing to use the exploits to their own benefit
-Ramping up government spying programs which = more back doors etc.

Had the developers been allowed to create a secure system from the beginning some (not all) of this would not be an issue today. So in a sense the government sort of brought this on themselves because no one was really ALLOWED to create something 100% secure. They always had to have a way to break into the system. EPIC FAIL!

Captain Dave

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2012, 11:50:03 am »
Modulator demodulator over ham? Transmit at specific times so that Emails etc could be transferred. Biznet, fidonet etc...

I like Robofx...

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2012, 05:11:12 am »
The fact of the matter is we are dealing with multiple issues:

-Governments that insisted OS developers leave in "Back-Doors" to enable spying
-Conterfeit components & software
-A population willing to use the exploits to their own benefit
-Ramping up government spying programs which = more back doors etc.

Had the developers been allowed to create a secure system from the beginning some (not all) of this would not be an issue today. So in a sense the government sort of brought this on themselves because no one was really ALLOWED to create something 100% secure. They always had to have a way to break into the system. EPIC FAIL!
How true, Ellirium, how true!
If I could buy a computer with no back doors I would buy ten. We really are a strange society of odd folks. The way we shoot our foot off, to spite our leg, is nominal behaviour for our ruling classes, and most of their cronies, yet I guarantee, if no way to spy had been interspersed with our software and web, the internet would already be shut down, as most of the hackers who make a big splash are sponsored by the governments to begin with.

Here, young man, we put a thorn in your eye, but if you pull it out, your brain will leak out, sorry...

Little guys get places and send out viruses and worms, but it's the PWB that do the dirty deeds of a humanity who loathes it's own privacy. How can we ourselves have any privacy, if we dont let anyone else have it? Make their software watch them, that's how!

I look at the processes in task manager daily, and wonder...wtf is a dgrhstcfnvl.exe?
If I knew, Id hit end program, but since there isnt any proof it does what they say beyond a definition on google search, I cant because it might crash my computer!

Spyware...dont get me going on that one, as it's a pain in the butt just keeping it off my blog comments. Thannks Akismet!

And now with the open source revolution beginning, we are destined for the battle of our lives......the battle to not become the uninformed society we are today, once again, over some leaders douchbaggery, and some lizardly dealings in our nations capital. A fight to make it so "out there" they cant stop it!

The true WAY is to share, and when the human race relearns to do that again across the board, we'll be fine. Our greed for our own needs has become our downfall....I need an Escalade, I need a new Speedboat, I need a new pair of 800 dollar sunglasses so I can look like my hero on tv!

WOW, we are a pathetic bunch of materialistic nimrods!

I personally think the internet has been propped up and repainted so many times because it was always meant as a spying tool for the PTB, and if youve ever heard of a collective concious, it's the same thing for them, with all of our thoughts and hopes placed upon the web's rippling waters.
It is now the ultimate info gathering method, with all of us who use it as the brains, and the PTB as the scalpels.

They gave us the power to destroy their world order through our daily lives when the web came along, yet we used it to saw off our own toes. And now we are bleeding to death  from the bottom up.

Back it up, write it down, take the papers, and run from town!

Fire up the ham, and get'er done as Larry the cable guy would say. Well,  the cable IS going away soon, Larry so thanks for the advice!

Littleenki
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter