collapse

Author Topic: WARNING - Internet Under Attack - MUST READ  (Read 85278 times)

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
Re: WARNING - Internet Under Attack - MUST READ
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2012, 05:08:17 pm »
I found this. Not watched yet but:

Nobody seem to know for sure whats going on, but after this video was posted at Disclose.tv and within an hour the site was seized!

If  they have started shutting down TRUTH SITES,things are going to start getting REALLY bad in that case!

[youtube]17nJYctICzM[/youtube]

Nobody seem to know for sure whats going on, but after this video was posted at Disclose.tv and within an hour the site was seized!

http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2010/0410_cybersec/

>>>>>>>>http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2010/0410_cybersec/<<<<<<<<< :o

Link:http://reinep.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/disclosetv-closed-by-authoritys-or-hacked/
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2012, 05:48:39 pm »
OMG.  I surely hope this is indeed a "pretend" notice to wake up People about CISPA.  [sigh]

If that's for real...  We do indeed have a problem!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2012, 07:56:10 pm »
oh my gosh that's art bell! it's art with a voice modifier.  listen carefully. 

hehehe!  that's definitely art.  wonder why he decided not to go on the air with his own voice?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:06:20 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2012, 03:48:48 pm »
It seems Disclose TV has a new site up now...

Disclose.tv - Seizure cancelled, welcome to DTV 2.0

http://www.disclose.tv/

Sweet!  :)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2012, 04:08:53 pm »
It seems Disclose TV has a new site up now...

Disclose.tv - Seizure cancelled, welcome to DTV 2.0

http://www.disclose.tv/

Sweet!  :)

[whew!]  I figured, because I could find no record of those "agencies," that it MUST be a plan of the site's.  But in this day and age...  Who knows.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:45 am »
Web freedom faces greatest threat ever, warns Google's Sergey Brin
Ian Katz guardian.co.uk,
Sunday 15 April 2012

Sergey Brin says he and Google co-founder Larry Page would not have been able to create their search giant if the internet was dominated by Facebook. Photograph: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

The principles of openness and universal access that underpinned the creation of the internet three decades ago are under greater threat than ever, according to Google co-founder Sergey Brin.

In an interview with the Guardian, Brin warned there were "very powerful forces that have lined up against the open internet on all sides and around the world". "I am more worried than I have been in the past," he said. "It's scary."

The threat to the freedom of the internet comes, he claims, from a combination of governments increasingly trying to control access and communication by their citizens, the entertainment industry's attempts to crack down on piracy, and the rise of "restrictive" walled gardens such as Facebook and Apple, which tightly control what software can be released on their platforms.

The 38-year-old billionaire, whose family fled antisemitism in the Soviet Union, was widely regarded as having been the driving force behind Google's partial pullout from China in 2010 over concerns about censorship and cyber-attacks. He said five years ago he did not believe China or any country could effectively restrict the internet for long, but now says he has been proven wrong. "I thought there was no way to put the genie back in the bottle, but now it seems in certain areas the genie has been put back in the bottle," he said.

Web freedom faces greatest threat ever

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2012, 10:38:00 am »
Nervous Kremlin seeks to purge Russia's internet of 'western' influences
Miriam Elder in Moscow
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 15 April 2012

Demonstrators attend a protest against Kremlin policies and vote rigging. Photograph: Dmitry Lovetsky/AP

Unlike other media, the internet in Russia, has developed largely untouched by the arm of the state. The protests have prompted many to wonder: is that about to change?

"It's too late to change things," said Anton Nossik, an internet guru. "Kids are now born into the internet and grew up in the internet. Like it or not, you have to embrace it."

That is the view of most internet observers in Russia: that it's too late, and too technologically complicated, to institute a China-style firewall. Yet the government is infamous for its attention to propaganda, and for the power of its suspicious spy services, and there are signs that it is seeking to boost its ability to control the internet.

Opposition bloggers and activists have already come under attack from the state, via prosecutors and the Federal Security Service (FSB), the main successor agency to the KGB. Some have been arrested, others called in for questioning. Websites have been shut by spurious means. But for now, it has been an entirely ad hoc approach.

"There is no strategy. They don't know what to do," said Andrei Soldatov, an expert on Russia's security services.

Current and former officials in the FSB and other security service have been at the forefront of calls for an internet crackdown. With Putin's return to the presidency next month, their power and influence is only expected to grow.

Nervous Kremlin seeks to purge Russia's internet

How open is your internet? An interactive map

US and China engage in cyber war games
Exclusive: US and Chinese officials take part in war games in bid to prevent military escalation from cyber attacks

China's censors tested by microbloggers who keep one step ahead of state media
China may have the world's most internet-savvy government but Beijing has been struggling to keep a lid on bold social networks

Google fined by FCC over Street View
Web giant to pay $25,000 for collecting personal information without permission and impeding investigation

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:46:33 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2012, 10:54:22 am »
How will the new law on cookies affect internet browsing?
James Ball, with interactive by Chris Cross
guardian.co.uk, Friday 13 April 2012

Sadly, not this kind of cookie. Photograph: Getty Images

We are being watched. The websites we visit, and the advertisers who promote products on those sites, are tracking our online activity, building a profile of where we go and in some cases what we do when we get there.

The computer on which this article is being written has no fewer than 2,901 tracking files (known as cookies) monitoring its online activity, from sites including Google (121 cookies), Amazon (14), the UK government (46) and dozens upon dozens of advertising networks. These track different things: some monitor which sites are visited, some track which adverts are clicked, others store and report back on preferences and favourites on different sites.

The Guardian site is no exception. Unless your browser's security settings are particularly high – and most users' aren't – the Guardian will have placed several cookies on your computer as you arrived at this article, and its advertisers will have placed a few of their own.

Given virtually every internet user will have hundreds of cookies, and other forms of tracking, on their computer, and only a small proportion will be aware of this fact, cookies present a privacy concern for visitors and site owners.

How will the new law on cookies affect internet browsing?

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2012, 10:59:37 am »
I have been using Ghostery but every new site I hit I have to disable new trackers

We have only one here at Pegasus right now... the Amazon Affiliate link. Its simply a l;ink to Amazon that if you shop Amazon anyway, if you do it via our link, Amazon sends us a few pennies as 'finders fee'

So you all have white listed Pegasus on Ghostery, Right?  :P

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2012, 10:46:52 am »
I have been using Ghostery but every new site I hit I have to disable new trackers

We have only one here at Pegasus right now... the Amazon Affiliate link. Its simply a l;ink to Amazon that if you shop Amazon anyway, if you do it via our link, Amazon sends us a few pennies as 'finders fee'

So you all have white listed Pegasus on Ghostery, Right?  :P

Not sure what that means or how to do it, whatever it is...  Any help?

Captain Dave

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:01 am »
I found this. Not watched yet but:

If they do start shutting down truth sites, I'm sure people will eventually revert back to a direct dial BBS type deal but more advanced. For those of you who might not be familiar with the term:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system
The Truth will always find it's way out there...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:54:13 am by Captain Dave »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2012, 12:34:50 pm »
Not sure what that means or how to do it, whatever it is...  Any help?

Ghostery allows you to block tracking sites and allows you to pick which ones are okay

http://www.ghostery.com/

Most sites use the same trackers so there is a library list...  some trackers are necessary to make sites load.  Its easy to use on sites you visit regularly

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2012, 12:41:16 pm »
I'm sure people will eventually revert back to a direct dial BBS type deal but more advanced.

My Medieval life started via BBS systems  I still have the Wildcat BBS software loaded :D

But back in those days you needed a separate phone line for each user... now that problem can be handled differently.  Also there is newer software that any new BBS like system would be much more efficient.

Also back then a BBS was usually local to your town. Now with internet phone service and unlimited long distance calling that too has improved

However, there was a BIG advantage to a BBS being local... you actually could get together with people of like interest (such as the Medieval recreation) because the users were all in the same town.

Today I get a lot of interest in our group, but they are all over the world so we cannot interact outside the web.  End result is everyone stays in their little caves :D

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
  • "Why are we all here? Because we ain't all there!"
    • Inception Radio Live-Chat
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:25 am »
Infected PCs may lose Internet in July

The number of victims is hard to pinpoint, but the FBI believes that on the day of the arrests, at least 568,000 unique Internet addresses were using the rogue servers. Five months later, FBI estimates that the number is down to at least 360,000. The U.S. has the most, about 85,000, federal authorities said. Other countries with more than 20,000 each include Italy, India, England and Germany. Smaller numbers are online in Spain, France, Canada, China and Mexico.

Vixie said most of the victims are probably individual home users, rather than corporations that have technology staffs who routinely check the computers.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-04-20/internet-woes-infected-pcs/54446044/1

"Installing and running the two substitute servers for eight months is costing the federal government about $87,000."

Are you freaking kidding me, $87K and they are whining? I have had it with this instition of politics and resolve or so called resolutions. I went out and bought an over the counter remedy and installed the latest version of VIPRE 2012, But I still get "FBI is trying to warn you" Email crap all the time. I think it cast about $.12 too produce such an over the counter anti-virus software, and if my calculations are right, that is approx 725,000 copies of such an anti virus disc that could be available to the consumer's that have paid their fare share to our Gov facilities already. If they have a program readily available and created already, and are only getting it out to the people that are inquiring to this website they had posted, this is poor Money management and rather irresponsible tactics and expenditures on the Govs part once again.
DHS is a funded entity by the US civilians, and this should not be happening with cyber fraud and even though other countries are not as adamant as we are here in the US about such Cyber Crimes, they should be aware and do the same as I suggested instead of relying on so called Gov too allow our freedoms being taken away over such a trivial number as $87K.
My suggestion:
Go to your local Computer store, inquire about purchasing Anti-virus software, then save your receipt's. They should be tax deductable for the remaining balance of the under writed cost of producing the necessary 725K that could be distributed. This way the Dept. of Homeland security gets their job done, and we as consumer's, tax payers and civilians can then say "Thanks for the warning and protecting me and my privacy." instead of "What hell you mean I won't have internet anymore, I did nothing wrong!" Scenario's.
C'mon folks, we are trying to run an efficient country here, aren't we? Why does it take so ungodly long for these entity's of our Gov too figure out such simply planned ideology's such as the one I presented above?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:04:47 am by 1Worldwatcher »
"To know men is too have knowledge, to know self is to have insight."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56