collapse

Author Topic: False artifacts Stonehenge was built in the 50's  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
False artifacts Stonehenge was built in the 50's
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:01:39 pm »
[youtube]aZiq_mgx_Co[/youtube]

I dunno...  This looks...real?

Thought?
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: False artifacts Stonehenge was built in the 50's
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:32:48 am »
No, Stonehenge was not built in the 1950s, as thousands of photos taken before that prove.

Like almost all historic sites, it was subjected to some restorations, some better than others (as is also usual), but those (at least the 20th century ones) are all documented.

Edited to add that in Portugal we have a saying: "you fool me with the truth".

That's what happens with this video, all the photo are probably real, but the photos that show an empty plane were taken with the photographer with the back to the stones, as that small circle is still there, southeast of the stone circle, and the other photos are most likely from the one or two restorations done in the 1950s and 1960s (I think there was more than one in those two decades).

The only thing not true is the title. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:13:52 am by ArMaP »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:18:31 am »
Well, I didn't think it was - the word would have gotten out, I would think.  I did not know They renovated Stonehenge - The stones stood for so long - what's there to "restore?"  They didn't right pieces that fell, did They?

Anyway, ArMaP, thanks for clarifying for Me what is really going on in these pics.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 08:37:34 am »
They didn't right pieces that fell, did They?
They did, if I remember it well, some pieces fell with an earthquake, and some were leaning (probably because the ground was not prepared good enough to keep the rocks in the same position for thousands of years), so they mostly made cement supports under the rocks.

I think I have seen some old paintings or drawings that show how it was on the 19th or 18th century.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 08:49:15 am »
Well, I'm guessing You're right that these pics are from restoration.

sky otter

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:48:44 am »
this was easy enough to find

://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_history_of_Stonehenge
Excavations[edit]By the beginning of the 20th century many of the bluestones were leaning precariously, probably due to the increase in curious visitors clambering on them during the nineteenth century. Additionally two of the trilithons had fallen over during the modern era. Three phases of conservation work were undertaken which righted unstable or fallen stones and carefully replaced them in their original positions using information from antiquarian drawings.

The first of the significant excavations at Stonehenge was led by Colonel William Hawley and his assistant Robert Newall after the site had come into state hands in 1918(see Deed of Gift of Stonehenge dated 26th October 1918). He excavated portions of most of the features at Stonehenge and was the first to establish that it was a multi-phase site.

After the Second World War, the Universal Bond was permitted to re-commence its ceremonies although archaeologists such as Glyn Daniel and Stuart Piggott continued to campaign against what they saw as bogus Druidry throughout the 1950s, 60s and 70s.

In 1950 the Society of Antiquaries commissioned Richard Atkinson, Stuart Piggott and John FS Stone to carry out further excavations. They recovered many cremations and developed the phasing that still dominates much of what is written about Stonehenge. More recent minor excavations have been held to mitigate the effects of electrical cables, sewage pipes, and footpaths.

In 2005, excavations as part of the Stonehenge Riverside Project uncovered the remains of what may have been a village for workers or festival-goers near Stonehenge. The site, next to Durrington Walls, about two miles from Stonehenge is also the location of a large timber monument. The floors of several homes have since been discovered, as well as tools, animal bones, arrowheads and several more monuments. The head of the project - Mike Parker Pearson - speculates that Stonehenge and Durrington Walls may have been connected by the nearby River Avon, as both monuments have Avenues which lead to the river. [2] He further considers it possible that the area around Stonehenge may have been the burial area for people living around Durrington Walls, and would have made up a 'Domain of the dead', whilst the village was in the 'Domain of the living'.

According to historical researcher Michelle Wilson, "What we have been looking at is a 20th Century landscape, which is reminiscent of what Stonehenge MIGHT have been like thousands of years ago. It has been created by the heritage industry and is NOT the creation of prehistoric people. What we saw at the Millennium is less than 50 years old."[3]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:52:33 am by sky otter »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 10:02:38 am »
Thanks sky!  That last paragraph...  Huh?  What is being discussed that is 20th century?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]