collapse

Author Topic: The Pipes of Scotland  (Read 36713 times)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
Re: The Pipes of Scotland
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 12:28:43 pm »
i was not struck by light, when i became a christian.  just a very gentle nudging.  no big booms or flashes or blinding lights.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 12:35:24 pm »
I think everyone is different in their experience Undo. For some reason it was important for Saul to be practically " knocked off of his horse" by this " light".

But getting back to a point that I was hoping to make... that quote is not complete... do you remember what else it said? Its sort of important...and I think that you might appreciate it...If I could find my Bible here I would look it up myself but with the remodeling we are doing here I have put much of my library away to keep it safe.....

I am hoping someone will find it.... Linda

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 12:40:49 pm »
Where the four points meet. Of course you have my attention Hobbit... which lead me through your link to this.... and that led me back to another instruction.... Do not let go of Ball lightning..... so here we are again.... but not seeing????

"The transformative enlightenment experience is recounted in the various religions. In the Christian tradition, the conversion of Saul of Tarsus is a well known example. He is reported to have been "Struck by light," after which he understood his purpose in life.

"About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, 'Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?' " `Who are you, Lord?' I asked. "`I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,' he replied. My companions saw the light, but they did not understand the voice of him who was speaking to me. " `What shall I do, Lord?' I asked. " `Get up,' the Lord said, `and go into Damascus. There you will be told all that you have been assigned to do.' My companions led me by the hand into Damascus, because the brilliance of the light had blinded me" (Acts 22:6-11).

There is more to this quote.  Are there some Biblical scholars out there who can add them?????? Its important.... honest....

Linda

Linda maybe this is what you were asking for (in the Amplified translation).

Bible - Book of Acts, Chapter 22:12-21

12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the Law, well spoken of by all the Jews who resided there,
13 Came to see me, and standing by my side said to me, Brother Saul, [c]look up and receive back your sight. And in that very [d]instant I [recovered my sight and] looking up saw him.
14 And he said, The God of our forefathers has destined and appointed you to come progressively to know His will [to perceive, to recognize more strongly and clearly, and to become better and more intimately acquainted with His will], and to see the Righteous One (Jesus Christ, the Messiah), and to hear a voice from His [own] mouth and a message from His [own] lips;
15 For you will be His witness unto all men of everything that you have seen and heard.
16 And now, why do you delay? Rise and be baptized, and [e]by calling upon His name, wash away your sins.
17 Then when I had come back to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple [[f]enclosure], I fell into a trance (an ecstasy);
18 And I saw Him as He said to me, Hurry, get quickly out of Jerusalem, because they will not receive your testimony about Me.
19 And I said, Lord, they themselves well know that throughout all the synagogues I cast into prison and flogged those who believed on (adhered to and trusted in and relied on) You.
20 And when the blood of Your witness (martyr) Stephen was shed, I also was personally standing by and consenting and approving and guarding the garments of those who slew him.
21 And the Lord said to me, Go, for I will send you far away unto the Gentiles (nations).

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 12:56:48 pm »
FWIW, I do think we now are pretty off-track from the original intent of this OP! We have moved from the "Pipes of Scotland", to works of a "dorje tool, and the "salvation" of Saul of Tarsus by a great light???

We probably need to think about how we digress into other issues, as we have our open discussions. Some of this probably should be on another thread, to maintain a little bit of decorum. JMVHO!!  ;D

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 01:04:09 pm »
Absolutely.... I agree.... I will start another thread called " Saul on the Road to Damascus" Hows that?

Meet you there????  Linda

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 01:15:46 pm »
FWIW, I do think we now are pretty off-track from the original intent of this OP! We have moved from the "Pipes of Scotland", to works of a "dorje tool, and the "salvation" of Saul of Tarsus by a great light???

We probably need to think about how we digress into other issues, as we have our open discussions. Some of this probably should be on another thread, to maintain a little bit of decorum. JMVHO!!  ;D

A switch of points , to get back on track.

hobbit

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 01:16:55 pm »
I think everyone is different in their experience Undo. For some reason it was important for Saul to be practically " knocked off of his horse" by this " light".

But getting back to a point that I was hoping to make... that quote is not complete... do you remember what else it said? Its sort of important...and I think that you might appreciate it...If I could find my Bible here I would look it up myself but with the remodeling we are doing here I have put much of my library away to keep it safe.....

I am hoping someone will find it.... Linda

oh just ask me. i gots links to anything related to ancient texts:

html bible (the bible online in over 30 different languages, various translations and concordances:
http://www.htmlbible.com/

if you can't find it that way, try strong's concordance, where you can input any word into the box, and press the button and it will find every occurence of that word in the text. then just look at the categories of books the word appears in at the bottom of the page, select the appropriate book from the choices and it'll list every example of the word in that book and any other books on either side of that book.

strongs
http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »
Those bible links are priceless, Undo, thanks a million!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »
The Saul on the Road to Damascus thread is established.... thanks to Undo we have a wealth of links.... but lets meet over there and leave this thread to continue properly.....

Sorry for the stampede folks.... we should be clear now!  Linda

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »
Queen Mothers Funeral - Pipes & Drums

[youtube]DX05mATrOmQ[/youtube]

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:13:58 am by A51Watcher »

sky otter

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »
 ;)

well it sorta - kinda fits..it's one of my favs

ok..second verse...sing loud ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2VayTZ_gPo[/youtube]

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:20 pm »
It fits beautifully!  I love that one too!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 09:16:00 pm »

Highland Dance Team - Military Tattoo (Australia 2006)

[youtube]5dVP8AKw4So[/youtube]

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:13:58 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline Elvis Hendrix

• Gold 398
  • It is not the critic that counts.
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 11:27:54 am »
A51 thanks for the heads up. Very kind.

I live only an hour from Scotland and have a great affinity with the place.
My home is Northumberland, and we too have our own pipes.
They are slightly smaller than their Scottish cousins and bellowed by the arm, not blown.
IMHO they are a little gentler and sweeter to my ear.

This is a local girl who is a fine proponent of her art.

Enjoy

[youtube]7PQvld9jMAQ[/youtube]

Elvis
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
B H.

Offline Elvis Hendrix

• Gold 398
  • It is not the critic that counts.
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 11:35:17 am »
Sorry it would not allow embedding.

Her name is Kathryn tickell

Check her on you tube.
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
B H.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]