collapse

Author Topic: A Call To Arms...  (Read 45646 times)

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
A Call To Arms...
« on: January 27, 2017, 02:28:36 pm »
A Call to Arms...

To All Pegasus members-Attention!

The keep is under siege and under duress; please devote your attention to the following announcement

Pegasus Research Consortium Fund Raiser

Pegasus, for the first time, really needs your help. Pegasus has been funded mostly out of my own pocket all these years with only the occasional ads and donations as compensation to help us along. We have never before asked anything from our followers and visitors. However, recently our server sold to a new owner and they have raised the rates to almost double and while we do have unlimited storage for the website itself (currently several thousand pages) and unlimited bandwidth, we can no longer store the massive amounts of large-sized files, videos and pictures on the server for free. The website was originally hosted on a dedicated server but we are now forced to use a shared server with the new owners.

My current financial situation has me retired at a fixed income and with the increased server costs along with the need to upgrade my work computer and internet service, it has become difficult to maintain the site without seeking some outside funding. While now being retired does afford me the time to put more effort into the website, forum and content, that time also needs to be spent keeping my bills paid.

Over the years we have grown to a site that is trusted and viewed by many... in fact we are averaging 35,000 unique monthly hits every month (A unique hit means 35,000 new, first-time viewers, not returning visits). If all our visitors would, just ONCE, send us the value of a cup of Starbucks coffee or even just a single dollar $1.00... That would have all our needs met in no time and would secure the website hosting for the long-term, upgrade computer hardware and software, and even hire some part time help to provide content and website management. Our administrators and moderators are currently all working on a purely volunteer basis... we would love to be able to help them out in return with a small paycheck but right now, we just don't have anywhere near the funding for that.

So if our site and what we do has any value to you at all, please consider sending us that one cup of coffee, or that single dollar. It's only a small amount but with the number of visitors we have it can quickly add up and make a huge difference.

There are also other ways you can support us besides outright donating...

1) We have an Amazon affiliate account. If you buy ANYTHING on Amazon simply using the link provided on our site, it costs you nothing but we get a small percentage from Amazon as a "finders fee" (We are looking at other affiliate programs out there).

2) Buy a Pegasus logo coffee mug or T-shirt (coming soon), a John Lear tinfoil hat or "My times with Bob Lazar" DVD (Available at our Ebay shop).

3) Just do some shopping at our Etsy and Ebay stores. We have lots of interesting items we find and list for sale. You might find something you like and those sales are my primary source of income these days.

4) Subscription. We are considering a subscription and currently working on a newsletter for this purpose (some of you may have already received a test letter). This will allow complete access to over 6,000 official documents, pdf files and videos for download. Since the new server won't allow us to keep them in the server directory, this will be a way to share the files and without an issue of robots creating DNS problems which has happened numerous times. We are looking at a $3.00 per month subscription rate (with a discount of $25.00 annually). More details will be available on the website.

As things are, I will not be able to keep the website running and I would hate to see it come down, but my personal bills must comes first. So again, if you truly value what Pegasus provides, please help us out with a one time donation of $5.00 and please share this fundraiser with you everyone you know.

Thank you,
Pegasus Research Consortium Manager,
Ron Schmidt

https://www.gofundme.com/pegasus-research-consortium-website

Our liege and patriarch Zorgon is in need. Who will stand with me?

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum

Seeker

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:53:34 pm by the seeker »
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
Re: A Call To Arms...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:33:03 pm »
Done... ;)
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 05:12:30 pm »
With pleasure.    8)

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Smilingtree

• Regular Members
  • Gold 7
  • Smile & The World Smiles With You!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 05:16:17 pm »
I shared on my FB and had someone mention that there is no link to Pegasus. They thought this may make newbies think it's a scam. Just FYI ??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:22:31 pm »
I shared on my FB and had someone mention that there is no link to Pegasus. They thought this may make newbies think it's a scam. Just FYI ??
Did you add one? sigh...That is the reason it is posted on the site itself, Smilingtree; some people would think it was a scam if the Pope offered to come to their town and hold communion...

I edited the OP so there is a link to the forum...sheesh

And quite the contrary, if you go to the gofundme page there is a link to the livingmoon and to Pegasus...

::)

Seeker
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:33:53 pm by the seeker »
Seekers Domain

Offline Smilingtree

• Regular Members
  • Gold 7
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 05:43:18 pm »
Wait a minute buddy ??.... Z posted on HIS FB page and I "shared" it. As did some one else from here 😉 before I did. And no, I did not add one bc I was living my life at the time so when I was notified, I simply turned around and notified "here". I just now sat back down to get online even though I did not log out earlier. I believed the person telling me. You say it was on there so I'm sorry I "bothered" you (sigh).

Offline Smilingtree

• Regular Members
  • Gold 7
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:52:30 pm »
I guess I have one more thing to say.... I have been a member for some time now, although I only read and never post. So as someone that doesn't post, and isn't admin, I would have NEVER taken it upon myself to "add" anything to something I wasn't in charge of. And the fact that I feel you know all of this makes me thoroughly beleive you are an old, grouchy person like your avatar says. Well, you picked the wrong day to call me out. I don't appreciate it. BTW, I did contribute and answered your e-mail question so I do participate in the "party" I'm not just a lurker.

Offline Smilingtree

• Regular Members
  • Gold 7
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 05:57:31 pm »
I deleted it from FB. You're welcome!!! I guess you need to make sure Z does as well.

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 06:05:43 pm »
I guess I have one more thing to say.... I have been a member for some time now, although I only read and never post. So as someone that doesn't post, and isn't admin, I would have NEVER taken it upon myself to "add" anything to something I wasn't in charge of. And the fact that I feel you know all of this makes me thoroughly beleive you are an old, grouchy person like your avatar says. Well, you picked the wrong day to call me out. I don't appreciate it. BTW, I did contribute and answered your e-mail question so I do participate in the "party" I'm not just a lurker.
Are you familiar with "chinese whispers"?
 Perhaps I am grouchy tonight; but a basic and primary premise of any research is to follow leads and verify them; as soon as you posted I immediately went to the site and verified it did have a working link; then added a secondary link to the OP in case anyone copied it to forward off site...
As to your facebook post, you are the only person that can edit and modify what you posted, so yes, i asked if you added a site link after you were informed of it; I do not participate on Facebook therefore I have forwarded your concerns to Zorgon...

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline Smilingtree

• Regular Members
  • Gold 7
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 06:31:53 pm »
Yes, I'm well aware of "Chinese whispers". And I thought, wrongly I'm assuming now, that you meant had I gone to the Gofund me page and adjusted that link. I had no idea you meant on my own shared post. Still not sure that's what you really meant.....
And I'm happy you took it to Zorgon. I know him. I feel confident he will laugh at my anger. And as for that, I have calmed down now and I'm sure you are not always grouchy. I know I'm sure not and this is the reason I DON'T post here.... I would rather not have to put up with crap like this. Anyway, for calling you that, I apologize. As for researching the lead, I met this person via Dr. Joe who is a dear friend of mine, and I assumed the person was here on Peggy so would know what they were talking about when they said the link wasn't posted. I have many FB friends that are members here.
Wow! Lol.... I really think this thread would have been my 3rd posting in IDK...2 years?? Well, hello everyone! I'm here and I follow but never post. I'm really super friendly and easy to get along with as long as you are friendly back.

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 06:46:18 pm »
Yes, I'm well aware of "Chinese whispers". And I thought, wrongly I'm assuming now, that you meant had I gone to the Gofund me page and adjusted that link. I had no idea you meant on my own shared post. Still not sure that's what you really meant.....
Smilingtree, the only person that can access the gofundme site is the original poster; I was referring to your post, as stated above...
And I'm happy you took it to Zorgon. I know him. I feel confident he will laugh at my anger. And as for that, I have calmed down now and I'm sure you are not always grouchy. I know I'm sure not and this is the reason I DON'T post here.... I would rather not have to put up with crap like this.
The written word is an excellent tool but it can lead to mistaken assumptions
Anyway, for calling you that, I apologize. As for researching the lead, I met this person via Dr. Joe who is a dear friend of mine, and I assumed the person was here on Peggy so would know what they were talking about when they said the link wasn't posted. I have many FB friends that are members here.
No apology necessary;just next time ask me what I meant if you are uncertain of my intended meaning,please...

8)
Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline Smilingtree

• Regular Members
  • Gold 7
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »
I will ask if there is a next time. I still feel as if the "sighs" and the "sheesh" were a little uncalled for, but I don't know you so maybe people just bug you in general. You have to admit you were upset that I had shared it in FB. And now I get that since you don't participate in that medium. All the same, to someone you've never spoken with, and was excited about sharing and asking for contributions, you were a little rough. That's ok, I took care of myself. But now I would like to move past it and maybe be kinder to each other in the future. Smile.... It's all good! And I sincerely hope you have a good evening.

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 05:58:06 am »
You know that Zorgon (Ron) has always shown respect to all the posters and accepted all posts (No matter how far out they may have seemed) and this is a sign of RESPECT. So for this, he has been rewarded with a donation (Not too much, but not too little), toward advancing this site called Pegasus, and at least making his dreams come true. At last a site that will allow the average person to grasp the concepts of the unknown and to at least comprehend the incomprehensible! Hats off to Zorgon (Ron) and may he prosper.
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 06:10:07 am »
Done... ;)

A man of a few words but amazing consequences  :)
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 06:12:59 am »
With pleasure.    8)

Thor! Amazing that after what you have gone through, you are still willing to help your fellow man! Is there a Gofundme or similar for you? Just realize that you are appreciated and that I will support you as well. :)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter