collapse

Author Topic: "NukaTuna" - The Last Fish in the Ocean  (Read 31260 times)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
Re: "NukaTuna" - The Last Fish in the Ocean
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 06:15:15 pm »
Greetings:

While we have your attention...

You just can’t make this stuff up, folks... we’ll just run it unedited for your edification and enjoyment.

Fukushima 311 Watchdogs

For record before it disappears...

JAEA (Japan Atomic Energy Agency) tries to do the "risk communication" to ordinary citizens and blows itself up on Twitter.

JAEA's Tokai Research and Development Center Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering department has created the page below, to communicate things nuclear more effectively to general public who are not familiar with special terminology and numbers.

The target is women, who they say have less understanding of technical aspect of nuclear energy than men. Therefore, the key to better communication is to how to adopt women's point of view, they say.

So what have they come up with?

Using a quarrel between husband and wife to illustrate what radiation, radioactivity, radioactive material mean.

If we compare radiation and radioactivity to a quarrel between husband and wife...

Angry voice of the wife is "radiation",

The excited state in which the wife is in and which causes her to shout angrily is "radioactivity",

The angry wife shouting to the husband is "radioactive material" itself.

It would be the same if the shouting party is the husband instead of the wife. But they target women, because, as they say, women are considered to have less understanding of matters related to nuclear technology.

In general, it is what has been expected in Japan for long time - that women are not good at math and science.

Even the so-called "pro-nuke" people are appalled at this clumsy "risk communication" by JAEA.

"What is this? JAEA, what's the matter with you?" was the tweet from a female theoretical physicist.

The JAEA page does say it has come up with the idea by talking with 6 women who live in Hitachinaka City where the JAEA Tokai Research and Development Center is located.

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:21:10 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 09:15:22 pm »
"Well...  Who gets to invite???  *I*'m inviting Them!  But I guess I don't count.  [shrug]

You don't?

Linda

Well, I don't see Them coming to the rescue...
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 09:20:09 pm »
Careful what you wish for :P They may just comer and decide Hu-mons are not worth the trouble and disinfect the planet  :o

Well, I'm only inviting the "space BROTHERS," not the "space DISINFECTERS."  They can go find another planet to play with.

Despite what people say about the Russians, that situation was dealt with relatively swiftly. Though they didn't say why, they did evacuate the area fast ( I have the details and the aftermath info in a thread on Chernobyl... well worth the time to see the films)

Did you know they sent 500,000 Red Army soldiers in there to clean up by hand?

On top of that they covered the place in a concrete casket (and are working on a new one to replace the old one now)

In the case of Fukushima... they just let them run wild while telling us nothing to worry about we have it under control. Back at ATS I spent three MONTHS along with a few others reporting live as it happened. That thread is still the all time top thread at ATS. There were a few experts in there and we all knew from just looking at the photos that there were at least THREE reactors in full meltdown

yet there has still been no sarcophagus made to stop the leak...

It was obvious from the beginning that there was NO WAY they had containment because of the type of reactor that pumped the 'hot' water straight to the turbines in a secondary building. The pipes were all broken... how could they have had any containment?

We sent our aircraft carriers to help... (they have enough power plants on board to power a small city) but were told they were not needed... that things were under control... (as two more buildings exploded on live TV)

Thr carriers then high tailed it out of the area because the radioactivity leaking into the sea was so bad that it was effecting the cooling systems of the onboard nuclear power plants. They had to leave the area or risk their own nuke problem

So 15?  I would say closer to 98 :D

Well...  I was trying not to panic People.  [grin]  Yeah.  98 sounds closer to MY estimations when I saw it.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 09:28:44 pm »
Good thing You got that graphic when You did, Thor.  It's not there now.  I can't read Japanese, so I don't know what it says now, but the impression I get is something like, "Please stand by."

Cosmic4life

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:44 am »
Don't eat Pacific Tuna..in fact don't eat any Pacific fish..

and if your in the Pacific fishing trade start looking for another job.

It won't matter what the Government say's is safe....market forces are going to determine outcome..people just won't eat it or buy it.

This not going to go away..it can only get worse...as more radioactive material seeps into the Ocean the fish will accumulate more until defects appear...then the jig will be up.

Pacific fish prices will plummet...Atlantic fish  prices will rise...

Cosmic..

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 11:10:00 am »
Saw a National Geo episode of 'Wicked Tuna'  Seems the fishermen catching Blue Fin tuna for sushi are struggling to catch fish.

Shortly after the first release of radiation... when all those  Geiger counters and potassium iodide pills were being scooped up by scared Americans... there was talk that you could use kelp in the same way as the pills.

Only problem was that the California kelp beds were already showing traces of radioactive iodine picked up from the ocean.. And that was in the first months after the event  Imagine what it is like now.

Seaweed lovers beware

Radioactive particles from Japan detected in California kelp
April 9, 2012

Radioactive particles released in the nuclear reactor meltdown in Fukushima, Japan, following the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami were detected in giant kelp along the California coast, according to a recently published study.

Radioactive iodine was found in samples collected from beds of kelp in locations along the coast from Laguna Beach to as far north as Santa Cruz about a month after the explosion, according to the study by two marine biologists at Cal State Long Beach.

The levels, while most likely not harmful to humans, were significantly higher than measurements prior to the explosion and comparable to those found in British Columbia, Canada, and northern Washington state following the Chernobyl disaster in 1986, according to the study published in March in the journal Environmental Science & Technology.

LA Times

Radiation From Japan Disaster Found in Kelp Along California Coast
Apr 10, 2012 6:56pm

Kelp along the California  coast was found to be contaminated with radioactive material from a nuclear plant damaged in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan, according to a recent study.

Researchers at California State University, Long Beach  found that the kelp contained radioactive iodine, cesium, xenon and other particles at levels unlikely to be detrimental to human health  but much higher than the amounts measured before the disaster.

The levels were also about the same as those measured in British Columbia and Washington state after the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear power plant explosion.

The researchers  also expressed worry that the radioactivity could have made it into the coastal food chain, although they weren’t sure what impact that could have.

“Radioactivity is taken up by the kelp, and anything that feeds on the kelp will be exposed to this also,” said co-author Steven Manley in a news release.

ABC News

Seems that main stream media is now finally taking it seriously
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:39:39 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 11:21:29 am »
For record before it disappears...

Rule number one!!!

Whenever you find a controversial item

ALWAYS SCREEN CAPTURE and save :D

Good thing You got that graphic when You did, Thor.  It's not there now.  I can't read Japanese, so I don't know what it says now, but the impression I get is something like, "Please stand by."

Save for records...

http://translate.google.com/

Just paste in a phrase or a website url
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:24:01 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:32 am »
A Nuclear Reactor Explained by Poop and Farts: Nuclear Reactor Boy's Tummy Ache

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:16:01 am by thorfourwinds »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 11:30:23 am »
Japanese Nuclear Propaganda Cartoon: MUST SEE

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:23:41 am by thorfourwinds »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 11:36:03 am »
Being Medieval oriented I used to have a lot of respect for the Japanese system of honor... the old Samurai code...

But after spending three months watching the disaster unfold.. I have lost that respect.

I will post my stuff from that work shortly... I have it as it happened and will be a good record for those who didn't watch it unfold. It was live from NHK Japanese public TV and Al Jazeera... networks that covered up to the minute live coverage

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 01:43:48 pm »
Being Medieval oriented I used to have a lot of respect for the Japanese system of honor... the old Samurai code...

But after spending three months watching the disaster unfold.. I have lost that respect.

I will post my stuff from that work shortly... I have it as it happened and will be a good record for those who didn't watch it unfold. It was live from NHK Japanese public TV and Al Jazeera... networks that covered up to the minute live coverage
It is sad, Zorgon, how the once proud japanese people have been reduced to viewing pablum like that video. Their government has absolutely no respect for their intelligence, and it shows in the current state of affairs in Fukushima.

Ill be looking forward to your post, as most of what I know has been posted by Thor and the news hasnt been any help at all in understanding the real story.

Thanks for your efforts, the japanese have one last chance, and we need to give them all the help we can to eliminate their nuke plants on the fault lines.

Littleenki
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 09:22:46 am »

Fukushima reopens beach after nuke crisis

FUKUSHIMA prefecture has opened its first beach to swimmers since last year's nuclear disaster after judging the water to be safe.

Not everyone agrees with the idea.

About 1000 people descended on Nakoso beach on Monday.

The beach is about 65 kilometres south of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant, where three reactors melted down after the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

The opening was celebrated with beach volleyball games and hula dancers from a nearby spa.

Cheers returned to a beach in Fukushima Prefecture for the first time in two years Monday after all bathing beaches in the northeastern Japan prefecture were closed last year after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami and resultant nuclear crisis.

Iwaki city official Joji Kimura says negligible radiation was detected in water at the beach. Airborne radiation was measured at 0.08 microsieverts per hour, far below dangerous levels.

Swimming had been banned at all beaches in Fukushima prefecture since March 2011.

On the Marine Day national holiday, the Nakoso beach in Iwaki was filled with families with children as well as young men and women.

While the prefecture has 17 bathing beaches, Nakoso is the only one that was reopened, because debris disposal and facility restoration have not proceeded well.

Beside the conventional water quality check, the Fukushima prefectural government measured radiation levels in late June. No radioactive cesium was detected in sea water, and air dose rates at the beach were low at up to 0.07 microsievert per hour.

Yosuke Shirado of Iwaki said he is concerned about radiation levels due to the nuclear crisis at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s disaster-hit Fukushima No. 1 power plant.

We thinks this fits rather nicely here.

Hiroshima Mayor to Stream Live Hiroshima Peace Declaration in English | House of Japan

Hiroshima Mayor Kazumi Matsui will read this year's Hiroshima Peace Declaration in English on Monday night and the municipal government of the atomic-bombed city will broadcast the event live on the Internet.   

After issuing the declaration in Japanese at Hiroshima's peace memorial ceremony to mark the 67th anniversary of the atomic bombing of the western Japan city on Aug. 6, 1945, Matsui will start reading it in English at 8:15 a.m. Monday CDT, which is 10:15 p.m. the same day JST. The bomb was dropped over Hiroshima at 8:15 a.m. local time.

The live Internet broadcasting, chiefly targeted at American viewers, is aimed at arousing international opinions toward the goal of eliminating nuclear weapons, Hiroshima officials said, adding the city will stream live an English peace declaration for the fourth consecutive year.   

In the upcoming declaration, Matsui will call for the elimination of nuclear weapons and lasting peace against the backdrop of the Atomic Bomb Dome, the remnants of the building that stood closest to the center of the nuclear blast.   

Messages to people affected by the nuclear accident at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 power plant will be included in the declaration.

Lest we forget:

Fukushima Daiichi Radioactive Seawater Update

Radioactivity levels in the seawater outside of the troubled Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant continue to ignite concerns over the spread of highly radioactive material in the surrounding seawater.

From the Washington Post: “Samples taken 360 yards offshore from the plant Friday showed radioactive iodine levels 1,250 times the legal safety limit. The levels of iodine-131 in the water had been closer to 100 times the limit this past week.

Attention has turned to cleaning up stagnant, highly contaminated water found in turbine rooms outside the reactors. Pools of the radioactive water have been found at the plant’s units 1 and 3. Similar standing water at units 2 and 4 is being tested for radioactivity.

Japan’s Nuclear Crisis likened to Chernobyl. Asian Markets Dip in Response (image courtesy googlenewslive.com)

"The unusually high rates of radiation found in the turbine rooms —

and now in the ocean

— have fueled concerns that water may be seeping from at least one of the reactor cores, leaks that could release longer-lasting and much riskier forms of contamination.”

Government officials have stated that they are not sure whether the primary containment vessels have been breached. Experts say it could be from reactors or from cooling pools where used nuclear rods are stored.

Nuclear experts have also suggested that the high levels of radioactivity in the surrounding waters could also be attributed in part to emissions in the air.

Officials continue to stress that contaminants will become diluted as currents carry them farther offshore.

However, the elevated radiation levels in the water pose a serious concern for Japan’s large fishing industry, with the possibility that other countries could impose bans on imports. Fishing has already been banned in the area around the plant.

“I don’t believe the levels we detected today would…cause a direct problem,” Nishiyama said.

ASR modeling of the radioactive seawater tells a different story, cause for serious alarm. While these models do not estimate levels of radioactivity in the surrounding waters, the assumption that nearby currents will quickly dilute the radioactive material does not appear to be accurate.

Instead our model shows radioactive sea water slowly drifting south at an average of 0.2 m/s in an low energy area between the Kuroshio Current, the Japan coastline and an large eddy formation further up in the north. 

Update on Thursday, March 31, 2011 by Nick Behunin

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said that seawater collected roughly 300 yards from the Fukushima Daiichi station was found to contain iodine 131 at

3,355 times the safety standard,

the highest levels reported so far.

On Sunday, a test north of the plant showed 1,150 times the maximum level, while a test one day before showed 1,250 times the limit in seawater taken from a monitoring station at the plant.

Responding to these concerns, ASR Limited, a New-Zealand based marine consulting and research firm, has developed computer models able to accurately predict the spread of the contaminated material.

“We’ve based our simulations on daily updates of the local winds and currents.  This information is then fed in to our model to predict how fast and how far the radioactivity will spread, and what its concentrations will be” Says ASR Scientist Laurent Lebreton who developed the model.

PRESS RELEASE
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:01:02 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 12:08:13 pm »
Good update, Thor, it seems the folks in japan are willing to turn a blind eye to the danger, too bad they dont have a clue...

I also noticed a decrease in seismic activity from the usgs system...a telltale sign or just a slow week..I think they are turning down the gain on the monitors and have sensed another big one is coming...look at the fault just north of Australia...very, very active, and usually the Japanese coast is much more active than that one.

turning off the sensors...sounds like that radiation in Indiana a while back, eh?

Cheers, brother Thor!
Dave
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »
There's nothing quite like doom porn, eh guys?  It's exactly what we all need; to read something that's going to cause us to all run outside the front of our houses, screaming hysterically and terrified out of our minds.

Don't bother giving me the standard protest that we need to be informed, either.  Radioactive fallout is one case where us being informed won't help us in the slightest.  It will kill us, either way.

The Divine Wealth consists of 26 attributes

Chapter 16, Verse 1:

1. Fearlessness (Abhayam)

Among the Divine qualities, Fearlessness stands foremost. Fear is an effect of ignorance. Identification with the body causes fear.  Blind attachment to the body, wife, children, house, property etc. is the cause of fear.The sage who has realised the Self is absolutely fearless.
"He who knows the Bliss of Brahman (God) from which words as well as mind turn powerless, fears nothing."  -Taittiriya Upanishad

Fear can be removed by constant thinking of the immortal and all-blissful nature of the Self. If you lead a life of honesty and truthfulness, if you devoutly observe the precepts of the scriptures without doubting, if you lead a life of right conduct, and if you remember God always, you will become fearless.

-- Divine Wealth

[youtube]oowR5vL6oPM[/youtube]

My point, in case anyone is wondering, is that we're going to die anyway.  Having a screaming feargasm about something like Fukishima, carries with it the implicit assumption, that supposedly we'd be immortal, if it wasn't for the occurrence of something like this.

We won't be.

And even more importantly:-

"To change your mood or mental state--change your
    vibration."--The Kybalion.

One may change his mental vibrations by an effort of Will, in the direction of deliberately fixing the Attention upon a more desirable state. Will directs the Attention, and Attention changes the Vibration. Cultivate the Art of Attention, by means of the Will, and you have solved the secret of the Mastery of Moods and Mental States.

"To destroy an undesirable rate of mental vibration,
    put into operation the principle of Polarity and
    concentrate upon the opposite pole to that which
    you desire to suppress. Kill out the undesirable by
    changing its polarity."--The Kybalion.

This is one of the most important of the Hermetic Formulas. It is based upon true scientific principles. We have shown you that a mental state and its opposite were merely the two poles of one thing, and that by Mental Transmutation the polarity might be reversed. This Principle is known to modern psychologists, who apply it to the breaking up of undesirable habits by bidding their students concentrate upon the opposite quality. If you are possessed of Fear, do not waste time trying to "kill out" Fear, but instead cultivate the quality of Courage, and the Fear will disappear. Some writers have expressed this idea most forcibly by using the illustration of the dark room. You do not have to shovel out or sweep out the Darkness, but by merely opening the shutters and letting in the Light the Darkness has disappeared. To kill out a Negative quality, concentrate upon the Positive Pole of that same quality, and the vibrations will gradually change from Negative to Positive, until finally you will become polarized on the Positive pole instead of the Negative. The reverse is also true, as many have found out to their sorrow, when they have allowed themselves to vibrate too constantly on the Negative pole of things. By changing your polarity you may master your moods, change your mental states, remake your disposition, and build up character. Much of the Mental Mastery of the advanced Hermetics is due to this application of Polarity, which is one of the important aspects of Mental Transmutation. Remember the Hermetic Axiom (quoted previously), which says:

"Mind (as well as metals and elements) may be transmuted
    from state to state; degree to degree, condition to
    condition; pole to pole; vibration to vibration."--The Kybalion.

The mastery of Polarization is the mastery of the fundamental principles of Mental Transmutation or Mental Alchemy, for unless one acquires the art of changing his own polarity, he will be unable to affect his environment. An understanding of this principle will enable one to change his own Polarity, as well as that of others, if he will but devote the time, care, study and practice necessary to master the art. The principle is true, but the results obtained depend upon the persistent patience and practice of the student.

-- From here.

So you can either be a good little sheep, and become a delicious fear battery on cue for the STS cabal, or you can get ahead of the game.  Why do you think Fukishima even happened in the first place?  Nothing occurs by accident. 

Nothing.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:06:52 pm by thorfourwinds »
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 06:53:13 pm »
Consider this...  Scientists (yeah, I know, "scientists") have shown that radioactive material does not decay while We (Consciousness) observes it.  (The fact that it does while only electronic observance and recording are keeping watch should clue Us into something here, I think...)

Could it be that positive thoughts can affect an accident like this?  Obviously Consciousness can have a direct affect on radioactivity.

(In case You had not heard, several studies have found that if They watch radioactive material with Conscious Observers 'round the clock, radioactive materials will not decay.)

*I* manifest the thought that all those particles that touch higher Consciousness's flesh (with a strong push for lower, too) will sit inert.  I'll be thrilled if Others join in this manifesting.  [smile]

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]