collapse

Author Topic: NASA & UFO  (Read 6644 times)

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
Re: NASA & UFO
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 10:49:57 am »
At5 about 6m55s in the above video some of the changes in direction are visible.  the fact that there are changes in more than one direction could suggest that the movements are propelled by the objects themselves and not an outside force.  There is no "wind" or similar force that could do that in space surely.

Isn't there a constant Solar Flux impinging the Earth? The atmosphere of the Earth extends nearly half way to the Moon, albeit very thin out there. The last measurement of the Current Arc from the Sun to the Polar regions of the Earth was 6.8 Billion Amps. Jupiter is 7 trillion!
With all that current there is sure to be a Lorentz component, that would propel an object perpendicular to both the Current Vector and Motional Vector.
Not enough is known about Electricity in Space, as the recent Rosetta Mission has eloquently shown. Physicists, instead of reassessing their obviously false theories, they have instead rehashed their current theories. Observation has become detached from Theory. So is it any surprise that weird phenomena can not be explained by science?
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 11:07:51 am »
My question is why are almost all changes in direction from up to down?

Because the Electric Field Vector is always a normal to the Surface, therefore only allowing up/down motion?

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node59.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_%28geometry%29
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »
You could be right, Starwarp.  The jury is definitely still out on LEO phenomena.

I reckon we should send out own UV camera up.  :)

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 03:50:14 pm »
I'm not sure that the normal is the camera normal though if you see what I mean?

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 04:18:38 pm »
You could be right, Starwarp.  The jury is definitely still out on LEO phenomena.

Back at ATS Jim Oberg of all people linked me to a file from NASA from the late 60's about the "Plasma phemnomena that plagued their spacecraft

Back when the STS-75 gave us swarms of Critters :P and a Fluorescent Tube called the Tether :P  NASA published press releases  Here is ONE

EARLY FINDINGS FROM TETHERED SATELLITE MISSION
POINT TO REVAMPING OF SPACE PHYSICS THEORIES
RELEASE: 96-43

Numerous space physics and plasma theories are being revised or overturned by data gathered during the Tethered Satellite System Reflight (TSS-1R) experiments on Space Shuttle Columbia’s STS-75 mission last March.

Models, accepted by scientists for more than 30 years, are incorrect and must be rewritten. This assessment follows analysis by a joint U.S.-Italian Tethered Satellite investigating team of the information gathered during the mission.

Source: Marshal  Marshall Space Flight Center, Press Release

Models, accepted by scientists for more than 30 years, are incorrect and must be rewritten.

That pretty much covers it THEY don't know either

Skeptics even tried to use Earth's gravity to explain some of the motions like the curved trajectories.  But gravity would not have such a large effect over a short time (minutes) on a (supposedly) small speck of dust that is moving at orbital speed.

Skeptic scream and stomp their feet saying the tether was NOT glowing, it was a thin wire reflecting light

Yet the report put out after the incident says ;

"Incidentally, the tether continued arcing long after it and its satellite were drifting free, until finally it went into night conditions where the electron density was insufficient to sustain the arc."

"However, the air trapped in the insulation changed that. As it bubbled out of the pinholes, the high voltage ("electric pressure") of the nearby tether, about 3500 volts, converted it into a plasma (in a way similar to the ignition of a fluorescent tube), a relatively dense one and therefore a much better conductor of electricity."

Those excerpts are direct from NASA To me there is no further point of discussion on the "GLOW" of the tether after reading the NASA 367 page LEO Charging Guidelines report

Source
NASA/TP—2003-21228
Low Earth Orbit Spacecraft Charging Design Guidelines

All this is documented on several pages on Livingmoon :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 04:24:55 pm »
Transcript from Report

"Its called an Electrodynamic Tether designed to collect high energy electrons in the Earth's ionosphere and electromagnetic field. The motion of the tether across the Earth's magnetic field produces a voltage along the 12 mile tether.

Utilizing estimates in the charged density of the earths electromagnetic field and the ionosphere the voltage produces is expected to be several hundred volts per kilometer. If successful this experiment could produce a lot of electrical power. If additional power is driven along the tether in the opposite direction to that in which it normally wants to flow the tether in theory could push negating propulsion against the Earth's gravity to raise the shuttles orbit.

The advantage to this revolutionary advance in propulsion is that it does not require any rocket fuel If successful electrodynamic tethers could prove a way to greatly decrease the cost of in space propulsion. For example the ISS could keep itself in orbit saving nearly 2 billion dollars in orbit reboost rocket fuel for every 10 years of the stations operation

But on Feb. 25 after the 12 mile tether began producing electricity an unexpected overload in electrical energy fluctuating between 2 and 10 times that which predicted due to inaccurate estimates in the electrical charge in the earths magnetic field, ionosphere, and possibly space radiation fried the tethers conductor cable and it broke severing it from the space shuttle..."

The conclusion was that a simple circuit breaker that would have cost a few hundred dollars would have prevented the loss of a 100 Million dollar satellites :P

The report covers a LOT of material about electricity in orbit  like when an Astronaut is not tethered to the spacecraft he can generate potential charges enough to fry him when he returns. Same when two spacecraft dock

Plasma arc in progress   

Damaged panels

Piece of plate from the shuttle bay after the tether arcing broke the line..

Perhaps it is better to find actual reports than collect info on the regular internet

Just sayin :P

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 04:32:23 pm »
Some of those guys are not real sceptics, they are deniers.  I know the difference.  I have no problem with genuine scepticism but I hate denial for its own sake.  It bores me and does rational thought a disservice.

I have contacted Jim about Russian UV cameras as he is the big cheese on the Russian program and can read Russian.  The Russians always have several Cosmonauts up there so they should have tons of data.

Some of the UV images seem to confuse NASA.  The one where they try to find Mir is hilarious.  There is so much visible they are lost. ::)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 04:39:18 pm »
Some of the UV images seem to confuse NASA.  The one where they try to find Mir is hilarious.  There is so much visible they are lost. ::)

That was always my favorite LOL   NASA cannot find MIR

NASA loses the Apollo Tapes
NASA loses the Lunar Orbiter tape
NASA forgot how to go to the moon and is reverse enginnering the Saturn V

NASA Scientists stumped over Rover malfunctioning that corrected itself

NASA scientist  after blowing up a comet  :P  "Jeez, and we thought it was going to be subtle!" marveled comet expert Donald Yeomans as images of the impact were received at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "We've had a far bigger explosion than we anticipated. ... I can't imagine how this could go any better." And they had no idea why there was a secondary LARGER explosion   

I am seeing a pattern :P

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »
Because the Electric Field Vector is always a normal to the Surface, therefore only allowing up/down motion?

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node59.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_%28geometry%29
Well, although most changes are from up to down we can also other changes, those are only the most common.

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 02:45:18 pm »
I'm not sure that the normal is the camera normal though if you see what I mean?

I'm not sure about the ISS, but on the Space Shuttle every piece of Avionic equipment that relies on orientation is aligned to the 'Bore Line' of the aircraft. To ascertain the angular orientation of a photograph, one has to know the angle of the aircrafts boreline with respect to its reference (usually the Earths surface) and add or subtract (depending on orientation) the angle of the camera from ref. 0 (zero). I doubt any of this would be instrumented on any video image and I am sure that the details pertaining to the ISS would be deeply classified!

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 06:39:39 pm »
I doubt any of this would be instrumented on any video image and I am sure that the details pertaining to the ISS would be deeply classified!
Agreed.

I have tried to guesstimate orientation of the craft based on views of the Earth during video segments  but it is practically impossible to have any confidence in my guesswork..

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 07:55:10 pm »
Well we can ask the Russians :P

NASA secure? Well not so much...  make you wonder how they keep Aliens a secret. To bad we didn't get hold of this..

Stolen NASA laptop contained space station control codes

A laptop stolen from NASA last year was unencrypted and contained command and control codes for the International Space Station on it, the agency's inspector general told a House subcommittee Wednesday.

In his testimony before a House Science, Space and Technology subcommittee, NASA Inspector General Paul Martin said the notebook computer stolen in March 2011 "resulted in the loss of the algorithms" used to control the space station. This particular laptop, Martin said, was one of 48 NASA notebooks or mobile devices stolen between April 2009 and April 2011.

Some of these thefts resulted in the leak of sensitive data "including export-controlled, Personally Identifiable Information, and third-party intellectual property," as well as Social Security numbers and data on NASA's Constellation and Orion programs, Martin said. [NASA Computer Hacked, Satellite Data Accessed]
The actual number of stolen and compromised devices could be much higher because NASA relies on employees to self-report incidents.

In an email, NASA spokesman Trent Perrotto told SecurityNewsDaily that "at no point in time have operations of the International Space Station been in jeopardy due to a data breach."

"NASA has made significant progress to better protect the agency's IT systems and is in the process of implementing the recommendations made by the NASA Inspector General in this area," Perotto added.
In 2011, NASA, which Martin rightly called a "target-rich environment for cyberattacks," was the target of 47 advanced persistent threats, 13 of which successfully compromised NASA computers.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46591964/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/stolen-nasa-laptop-contained-space-station-control-codes/#.VPkXGXzF8rV

space otter

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Offline Toltec

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 01:17:13 am »
Most pictures of Mars seem parehidolias, but the space, orbital station, I think they are not parehidolias ...
My question is: why do we see life on earth ?, like life in the universe has infinite ways or forms and need not be equal to the earth Mars, that's anthropocentrism.
regards
Your highest level of ingnorancia is when you reject something you know nothing about ...

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 02:50:09 am »
Most pictures of Mars seem parehidolias,

pareidolia is the excuse skeptics use a lot and it is true that a lot of Mars images are pareidolia, expecially the extreme enhanced or zoomed in or blurred ones

But some EVERYONE sees..

Like THIS face on Mars 

Now that face is really there... the only question is  is it NATRURAL or CREATED?

There is this one on Earth Near Medicine Hat Alberta Canada... the area is sacred grounds to Natives  so is this NATURAL or is a SPIRIT showing itself?

I have a huge collection of images like this  ALL are there... everyone that looks at them sees the same thing so its not simple pareidolia.  It could be a natural coincidence but it is what our ancestors saw and assigned spirits to them

I have see so many that literally look back at you (like the Mars image above. It is easy to believe there is more to it.  And when you can summon a Dragon to appear in the clouds, you no longer doubt

No that is not photoshop  that was an award winning photo that everyone saw the Dragon in :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter