collapse

Author Topic: Decriminalisation of Drugs and Cannabis  (Read 35596 times)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: Decriminalisation of Drugs and Cannabis
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 03:33:35 pm »
This is the way I look at it. If marijuana relieves pain or even more significantly, CURES CANCER!, then what's the F'n problem?
But does it really cures anything?

The problem I have with most promoters of marijuana is that they act in the same way as big farma acts to promote their products: they present studies and promote unproven things to make their side look better.

For example, this is the end of the article from your first link:
Preet says much work is needed to clarify the pathway by which THC functions, and cautions that some animal studies have shown that THC can stimulate some cancers. "THC offers some promise, but we have a long way to go before we know what its potential is," she said.
So, it may cure (or at least help cure) some types of cancer but it can also stimulate other types.

To me, there's too much hype surrounding this whole marijuana issue. If it was as good as they say, seeing that this is a plant that is known by humans for a long time, their medicinal use should have been known for centuries and it should have been in use in many countries as traditional medicine (we still have a lot of that here in Portugal, but no use of marijuana, as far as I know).

Not ONE person has ever died from using marijuana - EVER - but tens of thousands die every year from opiates, and even more from drunk driving.
That's one of those things I was referring to, some words that cannot be verified. How can you say that not ONE person has ever died from using marijuana? Do you know ALL people that ever used it?

Priorities people, priorities.
That's the problem, we cannot know what are the priorities of the marijuana promoters, but most people accept them without any problems.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »
Another thing, what happened in Portugal was the decriminalisation of the use of all drugs, not just marijuana.

As most drug related crimes are connected with the harder drugs, the decriminalisation had little effect on marijuana users (they were already mostly ignored by the police), but there were big changes to the users of hard drugs.

On the street where I live we had a methadone centre, where the drug addicts came to get their treatment, and I saw several appearing with that famous drug-addict look and, some weeks later, they looked completely different. There was only one guy that kept on appearing for some years, as he kept on mixing alcoholic drink with the methadone, and it looks like that affects the treatment.

As a side effect of all those voluntary treatments (Portuguese law doesn't allow anyone to be hospitalised or treated against their will), I think that the methadone centre has closed, as they don't have enough "customers" to keep it open any more.

Obviously, we still have many drug addicts and we still have many AIDS resulting from drug use, but the situation is much better than it was in the 80s and 90s.

Offline watchZEITGEISTnow

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/trippy123
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 05:11:31 pm »
Oh don't get me started :P

http://www.jackherer.com/

Get the e- book for free off his site...

What I find very hard to believe is cannabis is illegal - yet bath zombie salts are A-O-K!?

I don't like alcohol either - and that kills many many people - cannabis has no recorded ODs or deaths in history to my knowledge.

We have receptors in our body hardwired into every single cell for cannabinoids ! THAT IS AMAZING!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 06:14:25 pm »
Yes, ArMaP, it DOES cure cancer. 

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/run-from-the-cure/
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 06:36:21 pm »
Marijuana

A Legal Marijuana Farm

{{okay Watchzeitgeist  stop drooling}}

Marijuana is a plant... it has certain chemicals in it that have certain known effects... and some unknown/untested/unproven effects

Opium Poppy is a plant It has hallucinogenic properties and is addictive as is well known and documented.. yet many of our modern medicines come from this plant

At the other extreme is the Willow Tree...  the bark of the Willow tree gave us aspirin

Before modern medicine came along, the knowledge of herbs and plants was the only medicine they had...

The destruction of the Rain Forest may destroy many plants who's value we have not yet discovered

But the issue is not about cures and medicine, Its about people escaping life to get high :P They use the medical aspect as a means to push their personal agenda so they can get their buzz.

THAT is why its so hard to win the battle

Now do these girls look like they need medical help?

Marijuana Supporters in Light of its Benefits

What makes marijuana so bad that it can’t be legalized? It’s definitely not the idea that marijuana is bad for your health because if it was bad for your health, it wouldn’t be prescribed for medical purposes. In fact, medical research has proven several benefits of marijuana use including treatment for glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, and the obvious fact that it is both anti-emetic (prevents nausea) and used for pain relief. For those concerned about the health effects due to smoking marijuana, remember, smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana benefits, you can also eat it or even vaporize it.

In fact, many economists are trying to push the legalization of marijuana because they believe it will help bring up the drowning economy of the United States.

Why the Government Won’t Legalize Marijuana

Ultimately, the reason the government does not want to legalize marijuana is because it would be impossible to prevent illegal sales even if it was legalized. I doubt they’re worried about the health concerns (minimal) that follow with the usage of marijuana – so most of their concern lies with how to have high prices whilst taxing it and prevent illegal sales. Medical marijuana currently sells for equal to or more than street prices, and if it were legalized, why would people purchase it for the same as street price and pay tax on it rather than purchase it illegally tax free.

Why the Government Won’t Legalize Marijuana

And don't forget the illegal trade helps fund certain Spook agencies :P

But hey drive up to Ontario Canada and light up to your heart content :D

OH and Santa's Reindeer fly because they eat MAGIC SCHROOMS

Magic mushrooms & Reindeer - Weird Nature - BBC animals

[youtube]MkCS9ePWuLU[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:45:50 pm by zorgon »

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 07:35:17 pm »
 ;)
Love Strain Hunters - awesome especially Franco the Italian.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqFiucWKo-8[/youtube]

and  Jorge for president!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz-xdJU1hw8[/youtube]

Many many docos on the tube such as The Union: Business of getting high
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO_ncXj7RE[/youtube]
and Run from the cure
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI[/youtube]

It's history alone I find fascinating. The knowledge you can get from cannabis education alone is amazing;

Uses
Medical uses
Historic uses
Botany and agriculture
Science and Philosophical
Energy
Food
Clothing
Paper

If only they had this when I went to uni: http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Marijuana & Pregnancy
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 08:11:18 pm »
Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica:
An Ethnographic Study

Melanie C. Dreher, PhD; Kevin Nugent, PhD; and Rebekah Hudgins, MA

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

DISCUSSION

Although no positive or negative neurobehavioral effects of prenatal exposure were found at 3 days of life using the Brazelton examination, there were significant differences between the exposed and nonexposed neonates at the end of the first month. Comparing the two groups, the neonates of mothers who used marijuana showed better physiological stability at 1 month and required less examiner facilitation to reach an organized state and become available for social stimulation. The results of the comparison of neonates of the heavy-marijuana-using mothers and those of the nonusing mothers were even more striking. The heavily exposed neonates were more socially responsive and were more autonomically stable at 30 days than their matched counterparts. The quality of their alertness was higher; their motor and autonomic systems were more robust; they were less irritable; they were less likely to demonstrate any imbalance of tone; they needed less examiner facilitation to become organized; they had better self-regulation; and were judged to be more rewarding for caregivers than the neonates of nonusing mothers at 1 month of age.

More at link.

Though I will never admit to use, My daughter did benefit...
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 12:40:26 am »
The problem I have with most promoters of marijuana is that they act in the same way as big farma acts to promote their products: they present studies and promote unproven things to make their side look better.
It doesn't cure cancer. Its most useful as an adjunct to chemotherapyas it reduces the side effects.  It can also inhibit some types  of tumour growth.  It is likely that regression is due to the patients own immune system functioning better in the presence of Cannabis.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:52:31 am by Pimander »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 02:40:36 am »
One Reason NOT to take Pot

[youtube]MrCqPaSm8TA[/youtube]

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 02:51:38 am »
One Reason NOT to take Pot
Another good reason is that the people I know who smoke a lot of it never actually achieve anything.  They talk about it but rarely do it. ::)

Offline ColoradoGold

• The Roundtable
  • Regular Members
  • Gold 6
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 05:12:00 am »
Another good reason is that the people I know who smoke a lot of it never actually achieve anything.  They talk about it but rarely do it. ::)

That's prolly why the us gov/military black ops has been in the marijuana distribution business for so long

Another way to keep the populace in check

Wouldn't want an awake nation of achievers, now would we?

Might even bring to light 'free energy'

Might even figure out the 'control system' and do something about it

Might even freak out TPTB so much that they run for the DUMB warrens ahead of green light

450,000 rounds of hollow-point won't be nearly enough when the worm turns

I know citizens who know citizens who know citizens who know of patriot groups (that's 4 levels of plausible deniability) that accumulatively have that much squirelled away - just in case the prices go up at WalMart   :P

Come get some...

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 05:39:24 am »
It doesn't cure cancer.
You just have to look further up the page to see that someone posted that "it DOES cure cancer".

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 06:13:02 am »
It doesn't cure cancer. Its most useful as an adjunct to chemotherapyas it reduces the side effects.  It can also inhibit some types  of tumour growth.  It is likely that regression is due to the patients own immune system functioning better in the presence of Cannabis.

Respectfully yet wholeheartedly DISagree with you. What is your personal negative experience with it in your past that gives you this outlook if you may, thank you.

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 06:18:37 am »
That's prolly why the us gov/military black ops has been in the marijuana distribution business for so long

Another way to keep the populace in check

Wouldn't want an awake nation of achievers, now would we?

Might even bring to light 'free energy'

Might even figure out the 'control system' and do something about it

Might even freak out TPTB so much that they run for the DUMB warrens ahead of green light

450,000 rounds of hollow-point won't be nearly enough when the worm turns

I know citizens who know citizens who know citizens who know of patriot groups (that's 4 levels of plausible deniability) that accumulatively have that much squirelled away - just in case the prices go up at WalMart   :P

Come get some...

Cathy O'Brien in her book Trance describes how the CIA/NSA are against cannabis due to the fact MK people would lose focus on their mind being controlled... I always liked that... and they also promoted MKers to take heroin Ecstasy and Cocaine!

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 08:42:55 am »
Zorgon you said

"In fact, many economists are trying to push the legalization of marijuana because they believe it will help bring up the drowning economy of the United StatesEspecially California. They need the money from the income legalization would bring. Its really as simple as all that.

Linda

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]