collapse

Author Topic: Dandelion Root Tea "Cancer cell killer?"  (Read 3384 times)

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
Dandelion Root Tea "Cancer cell killer?"
« on: March 15, 2018, 02:01:31 pm »
Just read this article about dandelion root tea  8) it was very interesting, especially the research showing it causes cancer cells to commit suicide...

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbesthealthyguide.com%2Fthe-plant-that-makes-cancer-cells-disintegrate-within-48-hours-2%2F&h=ATOJqOVlhuEHXCipQDr5y3uxb75_-8hAybxWTFwcdzymZIGdBPDIm7GFfxBYBALm2G6ciDwc4Cj7H28hF40uzjkp9kok9VP4dzLeL2zyUxjjhYASzJEZ

"

Healthy News
Everyone has this plant but NOBODY knows that it makes cancer cells disintegrate within 48 hours

Back in 2009, a group of Canadian researchers from the University of Windsor in Ontario started investigating an abundant weed as a potential cure for cancer.

It all started when an oncologist came across something quite interesting with some cancer patients.  Believe it or not, the plant we are talking about is the common dandelion!

A post-doctoral fellow at the University of Windsor named Pamela Ovadje has done an extensive work on the topic. She dealt with the anti-cancer properties of dandelion and similar extracts.

According to Ovadje,

“We had information from an oncologist, a collaborator here in Windsor, who had patients that showed improvement after taking dandelion root tea. And so, with a phone call, we decided to start studying what was in this tea that made patients respond to it, so we started digging up dandelions.”

She was quite suspicious in the beginning, but not because it was an all-natural source. “I figured dandelions are everywhere, and if there was something to it, people would have found this out already, “– she explained.

We should be glad to hear that the researchers have started conducting studies on dandelion root extract and its effects on cancer, as the results are more than amazing!

“Since the commencement of this project, we have been able to successfully assess the effect of a simple water extract of dandelion root in various human cancer cell types in the lab and we have observed its effectiveness against human T-cell leukemia, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, and pancreatic and colon cancers, with no toxicity to non-cancer cells. Furthermore, these efficacy studies have been confirmed in animal models (mice) that have been transplanted with human colon cancer cells.” (Source)"

More at the link  8) Think I am going to try some dandelion tea...

8)

seeker
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:29:17 pm by The Seeker »
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
Re: Dandelion Root Tea" Cancer cell killer?"
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 05:09:47 pm »
I wish I had heard if this much earlier. My ex died of metastatic pancreatic cancer last year. I would have shipped dandelion root tea to him in a heartbeat. At least it's legal, unlike the other unsubstantiated treatment he wanted to use. Of course, being diagnosed a couple of years earlier would have improved his chances.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 05:57:08 pm »

Seeker  that link took me to face book and  as i am not a member so it was a dead end for me but i think i found the article and  lots of info about the study with a simple search

here's one link
http://www.uwindsor.ca/dandelionrootproject/

dandelion tea from blossoms and roots is an old remedy and has always been labeled as a blood purifier so you need to be aware of interactions with meds if you are taking any...

i don't know about the stuff you can buy in the store as far as strength  or anything
but it's very easy to make your own with a bit of reading
after all they grow everywhere..
 the best time to harvest the flowers  is when they are buds in the spring and roots in the fall - so you would either have to grow them in one spot or mark them somehow...and make sure they weren't sprayed with anything in the mean time

a little research will lead you to some fun with herbs
also check into red clover

good luck

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 06:28:38 pm »
I have dandelions growing profusely in my yard, otter, so no worries about them being sprayed, nuked, etc.; I take an aspirin a day and a beta blocker for blood pressure, so have no fear, I will check for interactions before hand

the main thing I have to watch is vitamin k intake, which is most dark, leafy, green veggies, been on a k restricted diet for 18 years now...
      8)

Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
Re: Dandelion Root Tea "Cancer cell killer?"
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 09:23:00 am »

forgot to add that if you need to sweeten  the tea the most beneficial is raw honey

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Dandelion Root Tea "Cancer cell killer?"
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 11:26:52 pm »
Dandelion Wine

Dandelions were not a Weed

They were brought over to Canada and America as a food crop by italians  :D In Toronto you still see italians out on the hills and lawns collecting them.

Dandelion flowers also make an awesome wine

Dandelions are the bane of many a homeowner's existence, but they can be transformed into the most delicious sunshine-filled liqueur (colloquially called wine) by making a dandelion tea and then letting it ferment with sugar and citrus. You will find yourself creeping into neighbors' yards to pick more blossoms, it's just that good.

YIELDMakes about 1 gallon

INGREDIENTS

4 cups dandelion flowers
6 cups boiling water
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 Meyer lemon, thinly sliced
1 orange, thinly sliced

PREPARATION

1. Place dandelion flowers in a large heatproof container. Pour boiling water over top. Cover and let steep for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
When making dandelion wine, cleanliness is key. Make sure your kitchen counters, hands, and all utensils are sterile.

2. Pour the resulting tea through a fine-mesh strainer into a large pot or saucepan, pressing the petals to extract as much flavor as possible. Discard blossoms and bring tea to a boil.

3. Place sugar in a heatproof 1-gallon jar. Pour boiling dandelion tea into jar and stir to dissolve. Add lemon and orange slices. Cover jar and let liquid stand for 2 weeks at room temperature, shaking every couple days.

4. Pour dandelion wine through a fine-mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter into a clean container. Serve or cover and store refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.

Fermenting Flower Wines

Some of the flowers that make lovely flower wines include pink (dianthus), lilac, lavender, daylily, elderflower, violet, tulip, herb flowers, roses, and pansies. Swap in equal amounts of whatever flowers you like, except for lavender; because it has a particularly strong flavor, lavender should always be used in slightly smaller amounts.
Reprinted with permission from Cooking with Flowers: Sweet and Savory Recipes with Rose Petals, Lilacs, Lavender, and Other Edible Flowers by Miche Bacher; photography by Miana Jun. Copyright © 2013 by Miche Bacher; photographs © 2013 by Quirk Productions, Inc. Published by Quirk Books.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/dandelion-wine-51176210

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]