collapse

Author Topic: FukuGate - We've Been Conned  (Read 41500 times)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
Re: FukuGate - We've Been Conned
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 02:47:13 pm »
To start the ball rolling, we might begin by discussing specifications:

PRC RADetector   Specifications

We'll just toss out the specs for one of the most popular items (only because we have been salivating over it for a spell) - BlackCat's mid-range computer-powered GM-45 - for discussion porpoises, (Flipper) LeDave.    :P

Size:       5.3 by 3.4 by 1.5 inches (135 by 86 by 38 mm)

Weight:            9.3 ounces (264 grams)

Window:      Mica, 1.75 mg/cm2
                      1.75 inch / 44.5 mm diameter
                      Minimum allowed atmospheric pressure: 540 torr (8,000 ft altitude)

Radiation detected:
                           Alpha - Above 3 MeV
                           Beta - Above 50 keV
                           Gamma / X-Ray - Above 7 keV

It would seem to us that once we have the base specifications - at least in terms of detection ability - the other parts can be sourced more easily and brought to the clean room... :P
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 03:05:27 pm »
im confused on the min altitude.8000ft?
is that actually max?
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 04:53:31 pm »
is that actually max?

Roll another Dragon.   :P

"Minimum allowed atmospheric pressure"

NOT altitude.   :P

And you work on towers, Puffy?

Check out my 5 ft width at chest high tree pics in my 'soon to be posted' on the John thread  lol
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2013, 05:33:19 pm »
SO.

How many of you now own your own personal radiation dosimeter?
Sorry to harp on, but how many of you did provide yourselves with a method of actually detecting and proving these stories and reports for yourselves?

I would be quite scared to have one to be honest. I would probably open up the shiny packaging put in the batteries, go outside and take a reading...watch the pretty lights blink and the warning beeps go mad, then want to go back in the house and never leave again. If there is nothing that can be done about the environment there is no point scaring the crap out of myself. I do not worry about keeping pristine health in a toxic stew environment. When my time is up, hopefully there will be a better place the next go around.

Fruitbat

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2013, 01:31:04 am »

I bought three, 2 working, one in the process of being completed.

Of the two "workers" one is a "ray 2000" which has good battery life, and a memory so when you change the batteries the cumulative score doesn't get lost.

The other two were kits, one of which is the simple version which gives a click for every ionisaton, the other is the more complicated version which has an LCD display, and a PC interface.

I found that yes it did scare the crap out of me. (and since I carried around set to give a beep when the radiation was excessive I also found that when the levels went up, it didn't matter whether you were indoors or not..) No one (yet) lives in a sealed house with air filters.

I did find that the intermittent beep coming from my general direction was very good for reminding my fellow workers that there is an ongoing problem with fuku and our air, without me having to do it.

Fruitbat.

Offline rose

• Gold 22
  • Deuem Hands
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2013, 07:44:11 am »
Interesting, Fruity. Thanks for the report.  Questions, if you don't mind:
Was what you heard arriving as single particles or in a steady stream?
Were you able to determine what type of radiation you were observing?
Do you know what the background level should be?

and finally, have you had the counter operating long enough to detect any trends over time?

Thanks, rose

rose

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2013, 08:48:23 am »
is that actually max?
robo puffer; that means it works at 8,000 ft altitude or lower, i.e. above 8k feet it isn't reliable; basically means the same thing  8) but what the hell it is just another way to say we have been rolled...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Fruitbat

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2013, 09:17:19 am »
ON my home built one, I get one click per event detected.
depending on the tube selected there needs to be some mathematical weighting applied before that click is anything more than a general and comparative indicator, but it's good for "sniffing", for a change in rads.

The counter I used most was that ray 2000, and I took fairly continuous readings over last year and published them. Essentially (depending on who you talk to) the UK background is supposed to be around 1 or 2millisieverts per year. over teh period measured I got a little over 4 milli sieverts oevr teh year. On one day I measured 40x normal... I found that the counter was much more active in the evening and mornings.

I didn't record a measurement each day but kept a running total on a FB page.

The longest period that the counter was left with flat batteries (and hence not recording the cumulative increments) was about two weeks, I did not rigorously attend to the matter, because sometimes I just got tired of the combination of knowledge and my inabilty to do anything about it. Not to mention the bloody apathy I encountered whenever I raised the matter...

FB.

Interesting, Fruity. Thanks for the report.  Questions, if you don't mind:
Was what you heard arriving as single particles or in a steady stream?
Were you able to determine what type of radiation you were observing?
Do you know what the background level should be?

and finally, have you had the counter operating long enough to detect any trends over time?

Thanks, rose

rose

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2013, 07:08:46 am »
Fukushima Remembered:
Every Picture
Tells A Story

The earthquake triggered powerful tsunami waves that reached heights of up to 40.5 metres (133 ft) in Miyako in T?hoku's Iwate Prefecture, and which, in the Sendai area, travelled up to 10 km (6 mi) inland.

The earthquake moved Honshu 2.4 m (8 ft) east and shifted the Earth on its axis by estimates of between 10 cm (4 in) and 25 cm (10 in).

The tsunami caused a number of nuclear accidents, primarily the ongoing level 7 meltdowns at three reactors in the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant complex, and the associated evacuation zones affecting hundreds of thousands of residents.

And here we have an interesting video that ignores the question:

what about
the ongoing worldwide
radiation poisoning
with the no-end-in-sight
elephant in the room?

Operation Tomodachi (tomodachi sakusen, lit. "Operation Friend(s)") is a United States Armed Forces assistance operation to support Japan in disaster relief following the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. As of March 22, 2011, twenty US naval ships, 140 aircraft, and 19,703 Marines and Sailors were involved in humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts in and around Japan. By 29 March 2011, the operation, including relief supplies provided to victims of the disaster, was expected to cost a total of $80 million.

[youtube]SS-sWdAQsYg&vq[/youtube]

Riddle us this:

As we have always recommended to virtually anyone who will listen, "join ATS instead of lurking to enjoy an almost ad-free viewing experience," we lurked a bit the other day before signing in to get the feel of a non-member’s experience.

In perusing one of our fabulous threads, we innocently clicked on “nuclear power,” fully expecting a link to Babcock & Wilcox, Westinghouse, even G.E.

Can someone please explain the reasoning behind this pairing of “nuclear power” and an “electric car?”

Or is it really the subliminal pairing of “nuclear power” and “Environmentally Friendly Solutions?”

Or is this merely a “random” pairing - a co-inkydink?

There are no co-inkydinks.

The person who found it] says in his blog this substance is very light-weight and blows off easily. He is finding it all over Minami Soma.

He has asked the construction workers if it is from asphalt used in roads.

The workers say no.

Gee Wally,
what do you think it is ?

Ummmmm, here in the mountains of North Georgia, we call that stuff soot. It’s the stuff that spews forth from chimneys and smokestacks when burning.    :P

If we recall correctly, Arnie warned long ago against burning the debris and causing more fallout, significantly more concentrated by the burning process.

We, and they, were warned.

When is enough, enough?

When will someone step in here and take control and attempt to solve this crisis instead of standing by the wayside and watch TEPCO, et al, blatantly rely on disinformation and obfuscation to blind the public to the true danger until something else happens to further call their hand?

16 February 2012

New docs show iodine-131 contamination was 350% of highest amount reported: 54,100 Bq/kg in spinach 100 km from Fukushima

10 January 2012

5 billion becquerels of beta radiation in 10 liters of decontaminated water — Includes strontium and cesium

20 January 2012

8 trillion becquerels of cesium found in pit of water at Reactor 2

Peace Love Light

tfw

Liberty & Equality or Revolution

“In a time of universal deceit
telling the truth is considered a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

FAIR USE NOTICE

Fair Use has been an important part of Copyright Law for 170 years. The Supreme Court has erred on the side of Fair Use and Free Speech whenever challenged on this issue. 

This post to this website may contain copyrighted material - the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.

We are making such material available in effort to illustrate, criticize, preserve and discuss a variety of humanitarian, political, human/animal/hybrid rights, economic, democratic, criminal justice, scientific, social justice and radiation rights issues.

All the works contained herein are transformative and do not negatively impact the original copyright holders' financial benefit in any substantive way.

We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 section 107 of the US Copyright Law and therefore requires NO prior authorization for its use.

For more information go to: www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this post for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

WAR IS PEACE
SLAVERY IS FREEDOM
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

deuem

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2013, 08:10:31 am »
bump t bump t bump

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2013, 10:07:13 am »
[youtube]gmD3sRfLIZk#t[/youtube]

Published on Sep 16, 2013
Hitler is ashamed to be called human.
People have forgotten that Fukushima is close to Tokyo.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2013, 10:12:18 am »
The Fukushima tragedy
has revealed that Japan’s political, social, economic,
and moral standards are falling apart.

RadChick Radiation Research & Mitigation

TRUTH IN TOKYO: I want to stress that Japan is on verge of collapse after Fukushima — Osaka Professor:

If you don’t recognize health risks and take action right now, you have no future.

Professor Taisei Namura, Ph.D., National Institute of Biomedical Innovation (Under jurisdiction of Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, located in Osaka): Cancer doesn’t happen immediately. If you don’trecognize it and take action right now, you have no future. We must raise public awareness. We can’t rest assured just because it’s a small amount...

Professor Eiji Makino, Hosei University (“One of the most traditional private universities based in Tokyo”): This tragedy has revealed that Japan’s political, social, economic, and moral standards are falling apart. I think we’re facing a big crisis. I want to stress one more time that Japan is on the verge of a collapse.

link to www.arirang.co.kr

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
  • A fantastic journey begins with curiosity
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2013, 12:19:25 pm »
My hat is off to you with regards to the information you put forth about the Fukushima problem.  For me in the other forum I eventually tapered off because instead of being retired...I had to go back to work.  Fukushima is a very, very serious problem to the whole world.  I don't understand why we cannot help because this problem affects us all.  Our world is falling apart and we can't seem to do anything about it.  Much respect to you thorfourwinds.  Please continue your information.  Rod
From the past into the future any way I can...Educating...informing....guiding.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2013, 02:15:14 pm »
Thanks, Buddy.

Would you be up to do a radio show with a
few others of us from PRC?

We would let you know a month in advance...:P
Thor

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
  • A fantastic journey begins with curiosity
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2013, 04:09:49 pm »
I would be honored.  I don't know what I would have to offer that would be of any substance.  I am just a simple man with opinions.
From the past into the future any way I can...Educating...informing....guiding.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter