collapse

Author Topic: Possible "Holy Grail Proof" of NASA Et Al Photo Tampering  (Read 21886 times)

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
Re: Possible "Holy Grail Proof" of NASA Et Al Photo Tampering
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 10:47:37 am »
Thanks ArMaP! What you have done with the "lines" drawn between the two pics is to pictorially confirm what I said in the OP ~~~~ "The after pic - well just see it for yourselves, as the tampering is so very obvious. Even with the tampering here, there are plenty of the common cliff features that do make it easy for making close comparisons. Of course in the “after” pic, the whole wall of the cape shows it has been given a tampering “textured look”!

Of course, there is still enough cliff-commmonality to see that the two pics are from the same cliff!! But that in much of the area is the extent of the commonality. There are smudged over anomalies in the before pic that are "either not seen at all or "textured over" in the after pic.

The "flat area" you don't see is at the place of your 4th red dot down, on the left.

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 10:50:10 am »
From these I noticed that in Sol 1170 Opportunity was closer to the stop where it was on Sol 1105 than on any other, so, looking at Sol 1170 I found this photo, that really looks much closer to the "before" photo, as expected.

That pic is basically the same as the "after" 1167 pic, except darker. Same!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:42:02 pm by zorgon »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 11:19:49 am »
Of course in the “after” pic, the whole wall of the cape shows it has been given a tampering “textured look”!
I suppose you know what happens when the light source changes positions over objects that do not have smooth surfaces; the appearance changes because the texture becomes more or less visible because of the different direction of the light.

There are smudged over anomalies in the before pic that are "either not seen at all or "textured over" in the after pic.
Then could you please point to them in an image? Post the image to Photobucket, ImageShack or something like that. Even if they may disappear in the future (I use ImageShack for many years and all the images that disappeared were recovered after an email to them) at least we can see now what you mean.

The "flat area" you don't see is at the place of your 4th red dot down, on the left.
Same as the above, to me, saying "4th red dot down, on the left" doesn't make me know what you mean, as it will be base on my interpretation of what you mean by that.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 11:20:43 am »
That pic is basically the same as the "after" 1167 pic, except darker. Same!
Are you saying that's the same photo, only darker? ???

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 11:40:51 am »
Ok guys, I have made a little progress. I have figured our how to post a photo link from Facebook, of the "before" photo with "locaters". This is the Sol day 1105 with specific notations.

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 11:58:03 am »
Are you saying that's the same photo, only darker? ???

I am saying that photo is showing the "same cliff" as does Sol 1167, and yes it is darker.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »
Ok guys, I have made a little progress. I have figured our how to post a photo link from Facebook, of the "before" photo with "locaters". This is the Sol day 1105 with specific notations.
Now that's better, thanks. :)

Too bad the compression is too high, some parts of the text are difficult to read.
Why don't you use a real image hosting site instead of Facebook? ???

Could you please use the image below (converted from the IMG file) and post it on some image hosting site? :)
I think Facebook is the responsible for all that excessive compression.

(click for full size)

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 03:08:33 pm »
I just simply choose to not use such sites as Photo Bucket , and etc.

Relative to reading the text, the "yellow" should all be readable, and for the other color, it says the same every place, so that should not be a problem either.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2013, 03:16:08 pm »
I just simply choose to not use such sites as Photo Bucket , and etc.
You prefer to use Facebook and post (almost) useless photos? ???

deuem

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2013, 05:59:34 pm »
Do you want to email me the photo and I'll post it for you? If it goes away sobeit. It will be here long enough to get it.

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2013, 07:13:58 pm »
Deueum, I assure you, the quality of the/a photo is not going to make a peanut's difference in the end, relative to what ArMaP sees. It will be about everything but "what is actually shown in a photo. So, I don't want to waste your time nor mine either.

The photos we have are maybe not the greatest, but they do show everything that we need to see. The "before" photo shows several anomalous objects, and difference of areas on the cliff, while they are not there in the "after" pic, or, are there, but have been "textured" over. And, there is grounds for pre-intent to consider, if a "different angle" were the reason for "some" of the anomalies not being seen - ie, same as tampering, just in a pre-determined way.  ::)

deuem

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 05:25:26 am »
Hey redunk, If I thought helping you was a waste of time I would just go sit on my fence. The offer is there if you need it.

I do see the yellow marked up print and can read all colors with little problem. Thanks for posting it. Now I can see the flat spot and others areas you are talking about.
Deuem

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 06:49:38 am »
Deueum, I assure you, the quality of the/a photo is not going to make a peanut's difference in the end, relative to what ArMaP sees.
If you use the image I posted it will not make a difference in what I see, obviously, unless you change the photo yourself, but it may make a difference (although I doubt it) in what you see, as, apparently, you keep on using the worst images available and ignore the best.

The photos we have are maybe not the greatest, but they do show everything that we need to see.
It's possible they show them because they are not the greatest, working with bad data when you have access to good data makes you look like someone that is not interested in the truth.

The "before" photo shows several anomalous objects, and difference of areas on the cliff, while they are not there in the "after" pic, or, are there, but have been "textured" over. And, there is grounds for pre-intent to consider, if a "different angle" were the reason for "some" of the anomalies not being seen - ie, same as tampering, just in a pre-determined way.  ::)
You forgot the difference in the direction of the light, and if you think that neither of those makes a difference then you're going in the wrong direction.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 06:51:24 am »
Now I can see the flat spot and others areas you are talking about.
So can I, but only on the highly compressed, with too much contrast image, on the better image I see that things are not exactly like that.

deuem

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2013, 06:58:16 am »
ArMaP or Rdunk, can either of you do some math and come up with some numbers for that cliff. Is it 500 meters tall or 5 meters tall. Without any dimensions the stair case could be 2 feet or 200 feet or just perfect. Is there anything we can toss in the salad to make it taste better. How big is this place, how deep is it put some numbers on anything. Even if they need to change later. Right now we are playing in the dark! Light it up with any math...

Deuem

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]