collapse

Author Topic: Omar Zuhdi The Search for the Real Daniel Jackson  (Read 17589 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Omar Zuhdi The Search for the Real Daniel Jackson
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:09 am »
Omar Zuhdi  The Search for the Real Daniel Jackson

Who is Omar Zuhdi?  Well back in the early days of the "Stargates are Real" thread at ATS Beth made a cooment that the movie plot was based on a story from an Egyptology student. A resident skeptic/nee archaeologist at ATS called BS on it... so Beth found the article in Wikipedia...   from that point this person never came back to the thread... but a week later the entry at Wikipedia was deleted. But Wikipedia does keep records of all previous edits so it can still be seen when it was deleted.

Here is the article, still available at the originating source, the Internet Movie Database

Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued for stealing the storyline from a student of Egyptology named Omar Zuhdi who submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). Zuhdi even had a well-respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

Now this is REALLY ODD... because when we looked at this not that long ago, the name Omar Zundi WAS NOT mentioned... using the Internet Archives here is the version we had before...

Roland Emmerich and 'Dean Devlin' were sued for stealing the storyline from someone who submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). The person that sued the men (a student of Egyptology) even had a well-respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

Wayback Machine Capture Dec 2008

The name appears to have been added August 25th 2010 according to the Archive HERE

Just goes to show it pays to go back to old leads once in a while :D

So Omar WAS the student, not the professor

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Omar Zuhdi The Search for the Real Daniel Jackson
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:37:06 am »
I will repeat the court case here nice work Beth. This is the best lead we have had for a while :D  The fact that IMDB added that name to their trivia is also interesting... disclosure? or dropping bread crumbs?

DOCKET 5:95cv00090
Case Name:    Zuhdi v. Metro Goldwyn Mayer, et al
Terminated:    01/16/1997
Disposition:    Dismissed - Voluntarily
Filed:    1/19/1995
Court:    Oklahoma Western District Court
Assigned to:    Robin J. Cauthron
Jury demand:    Both parties
Amount demanded:    $50,000.00
Nature of Suit:    Property Rights - Copyrights (820)
Jurisdiction:    Federal Question
Basis:    17:101 Copyright Infringement
Origin:    1
Office:    Oklahoma City
County:    Pottawatomie
Flags:    87BD, CLOSED, MTNDDL, _RR

PARTIES and ATTORNEYS
Plaintiff(s)
 Omar Zuhdi, Plaintiff

Defendant(s)
 Carolco Pictures Inc, Defendant
 Centropolis Film Productions, Defendant
 Dean Devlin, Defendant
 Joe B Michaels, Defendant
 Joel B Michaels, Defendant
 Le Studio Canal+, Defendant
 Mario Kassar, Defendant
 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc, Defendant
 Oliver Eberle, Defendant
 Roland Emmerich, Defendant
 Ute Emmerich, Defendant

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:36:47 pm »
hehe! They didn't scrub it all  ;D

Stargate (device): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(device)

The concept was developed by the writers of the feature film Stargate, Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich.[5] Similar devices had been seen in previous fiction, but their complete conception as seen in the film was quite original – though there has been contention as to whether they plagiarized the idea from a previous script submission from a student of Egyptology named Omar Zuhdi who submitted a screenplay to them about ten years before the movie was made.[5] Zuhdi pursued legal action regarding this, and the case was eventually settled out of court.[6]

Following link [5] from Wiki takes you to IMDb, where the quote is basically the same:

Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued for stealing the storyline from a student of Egyptology named Omar Zuhdi who submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). Zuhdi even had a well-respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111282/trivia

At that other site, they reckon that he is a teacher at Shawnee High School, Shawnee, Oklahoma.

Has anybody near there, got in the car and found him yet????  ;D ;D
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:38:31 pm »
I wonder!  :D

Omar S Zuhdi

(405) 275-6052

2303 Robinwood Pl Shawnee, OK 74801-0502
Associated:    Shelley H Zuhdi, Christopher H Zuhdi

Ring, ring........ "Mr Zudhi? Would you be interested in coming to Pegasus to answer some questions"  ;D
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:21:36 pm »

Omar S Zuhdi

(405) 275-6052

2303 Robinwood Pl Shawnee, OK 74801-0502
Associated:    Shelley H Zuhdi, Christopher H Zuhdi

Ring, ring........ "Mr Zudhi? Would you be interested in coming to Pegasus to answer some questions"  ;D

SW, you just earned a non-existent star from me.  (I would star that post in a heartbeat!)  I would call...but I'm not sure I would have all or the best answers to the questions He might ask.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »

Nice!  Thanks  Have some gold  Its better than stars :P

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 09:29:38 pm »
Nice!  Thanks  Have some gold  Its better than stars  :P

Well...  It's that knee-jerk reaction again.  I have been starring posts for so long, that I grab My mouse and start for the corner of the post.  Only there's nothing there to click.  And I haven't a way to give gold, either.

But I do agree...  That is DEFINITELY worth gold!  Let Me know what happens, whoever calls.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:10:08 pm »
Really? You should be able to give gold  :o You have enough posts.  I will have to take my sock puppet out for a test walk :D  There should be a 'give gold' line below your gold

Undo used to do a radio podcast for us before that fell apart  To bad I don't have copies of the interviews anymore. Will have to check the archives. She would be perfect for the job :D and knows all the right questions

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:04 am »
1 gold. i have 1 gold.  depending on how much it weighs , i could be rich or a poor sucker. :D
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 01:11:02 am »
Really? You should be able to give gold  :o You have enough posts.  I will have to take my sock puppet out for a test walk :D  There should be a 'give gold' line below your gold

Undo used to do a radio podcast for us before that fell apart  To bad I don't have copies of the interviews anymore. Will have to check the archives. She would be perfect for the job :D and knows all the right questions

What do I click to give gold???  Have I missed something?

Posted before reading You in full.  Nope.  Nothing below My gold listing. 

Yes, Undo!  Do it!  And tell Us what You find!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:12:42 am by Amaterasu »

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 01:57:29 pm »
In regard to:

Case Name:    Zuhdi v. Metro Goldwyn Mayer, et al
Terminated:    01/16/1997
Disposition:    Dismissed - Voluntarily
Filed:    1/19/1995
Court:    Oklahoma Western District Court
Assigned to:    Robin J. Cauthron
Jury demand:    Both parties
Amount demanded:    $50,000.00
Nature of Suit:    Property Rights - Copyrights (820)
Jurisdiction:    Federal Question
Basis:    17:101 Copyright Infringement
Origin:    1
Office:    Oklahoma City
County:    Pottawatomie
Flags:    87BD, CLOSED, MTNDDL, _RR

PARTIES and ATTORNEYS
Plaintiff(s)
 Omar Zuhdi, Plaintiff

Defendant(s)
 Carolco Pictures Inc, Defendant
 Centropolis Film Productions, Defendant
 Dean Devlin, Defendant
 Joe B Michaels, Defendant
 Joel B Michaels, Defendant
 Le Studio Canal+, Defendant
 Mario Kassar, Defendant
 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc, Defendant
 Oliver Eberle, Defendant
 Roland Emmerich, Defendant
 Ute Emmerich, Defendant

Zuhdi v. Metro Goldwyn Mayer, et al
Could have settled out of court in Zuhdi's
favor. He has numerous defendants listed.

Surely the attorneys for the defense could
easily come to terms with Zuhdi and give
him the $50,000 and royalties and perhaps
credit on future projects.

$50,000 is nothing in terms of hollyweird
closure. Perhaps Zuhdi had some real
evidence to defend his position and the
folks that control reality gave the OK to
settle and keep it on the down low.

There is no doubt another race of beings
run this world and they control information
to things like this Stargate.

One other thing, that serpent depicted in
Stargate. We read of it in the genesis of
the bible, we see it on the walls of Egyptian
civilization, we see and read of it in all parts
of this worlds civilizations. The serpent is
all over this planet.

The serpent is depicted on the Pharaohs
forehead, in glyphs and above Zorgons
Stargate image.

I have concluded the pyramids are markers
for the serpent race, they own this planet
and the triangle is there symbol. That has
brought me to the fact this world is run by
The triangle brotherhood of the serpent.

There is an image in stone within, I think,
The dendara lightbulb. There is six of these
and all six show a serpent in an elongated
clear bulb of some kind. It is speculated
this is a light bulb. Look closer, its a serpent
suspended within a device.

Add it all up, the serpent on the foreheads of
Pharaohs, on the walls of tombs, on mounds
in the Americas, on lost civilization remains
in south Americas. The serpent is everywhere.

When Stargate first came out I missed the
first 2 seasons since it was of no interest
to me. Than I got to thinking and watched
several episodes of Stargate and it was like
a what the moment.

Stargate has some very profound introductions
of things that were, that I had to buy all ten
seasons of the series.

That show was a revelation to pre history of'
when mankind was made to forget.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

sky otter

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 03:48:51 pm »
 ???

I have concluded the pyramids are markers for the serpent race, they own this planet
and the triangle is there symbol. That has brought me to the fact this world is run by
The triangle brotherhood of the serpent.

so taking your premise just a bit further..if the world is run by triangle serpents
..who decided that the serpent was satan..
who is the god of the cross and the church....

i haven't read the bible in many years so this is paraphrasing ..very loosely
 but doesn't it say

that when eve ate from the tree of life her eyes were opened and they saw they were naked
and then god banished them from the garden
 and set an angel with a firey sword to guard the tree
?.......?.......?

sooooooooo are the serpents bad guys for talking her into a bite of the tree of  knowledge
or good guys for it..
who is god in this story?????????..forbidding them from this..

kinda makes ya think doesn't it................

edit  to fix the dang speeling..again!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:58:42 pm by sky otter »

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »
The creator created a garden where it created man. This was something other than what was populating outside the garden. The man and woman were told to not partake of the tree of knowledge or the tree of immortality by creator.

The covert god serpent shows up and speaks to woman and truthfully says ye shall not die. At this point only the gods have access to the garden. Like in the Stargate series, all the gods are jealous of each other and war amongst themselves, to hold power over lessor subjects of numerous worlds.

The god of the garden wanted ignorance upon man in order to maintain subjects for its pleasure. Nothing better to a god then ignorant obedient followers to do with as it pleases.

In godly fashion, a serpent being hidden within man is ultimate power to facilitate mankind. Perhaps the reptilian brain is a doorway into mans mind for ultimate control of anyone at any time. If these serpents are etherian beings from cross dimensional boundaries that have the power of our minds, then they can Stargate from anywhere in the multi-verse to any place in time space - space time.

Either mankind is strapped in some kind of time warp and the serpent beings run the show or we are all nuts because this world is full of mystery and bizarro events that make no sense most the time.

I still hold to reptilian serpent power over mankind and we are occupied and deceptively bred.

Serpents came to man, built this, then went covert and wiped mans mind of their nature. Unfortunately they should have cleaned all the grafitti about them so we would have no record of their existance here.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline Oatbelt

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:51 pm »
Hi all.

Googling the name of my old HS Latin teacher lead me here. I was pleasantly surprised to see the discussion in this thread. Of course, I have no way to verify my authenticity, but, as far as I can see, there's no real reason I'd make any of the following up.

It was I in fact who added Omar Zuhdhi's name to the IMDB 'trivia' section, and subsequently to the Stargate (device) Wikipedia page, back in 2010. Mr Zuhdi was my Latin teacher while I was attending Shawnee High School in Oklahoma, many years ago now. He used to speak often about his involvement with what is now known as the Stargate franchise.

While I was first in his classes the film had not yet been released, and yet he read many passages from his novel 'Windgate' to us during downtimes in class. The following year the film was released, without Mr Zuhdi having any prior knowledge of what was about to happen - he attended the film over one weekend and came back to school on Monday visibly horrified, telling our class that there was a film out that had seemingly lifted vast passages, direct quotes etc from his Windgate novel. There were already members of my peer group (including myself) who'd seen the film and already come to this conclusion.

Around one month later, he began the legal process against Emmerich and co. Mr Zuhdi's brother was his legal counsel. We would be updated by Mr Zuhdi as to the progress of the (very long, drawn out) case. I left HS before the case had been concluded.

How had the plagiarism been possible? We learned that the novel had been submitted (to a studio I no longer recall the name of) in screenplay form many years previous, when he was a university student. Naively, he hadn't considered copyrighting the material before submission. It transpired that Emmerich had worked at the same studio that the screenplay had been submitted to and, presumably, this was where the alleged plagiarism had taken place.

The last firm details I had about the case were given to me by my younger classmates who were still in attendance at Shawnee HS. Mr Zuhdi explained that he had been given a small settlement, was not allowed to disclose the amount and was, strictly, no longer able to speak about the plagiarism, or the connection between Windgate and Stargate any more, under threat of legal action.

Finally, in light of all this, why did I end up posting this fact to IMDB and Wikipedia? I suppose I grew rather sick of the rather outrageous theft that had taken place, and wanted to get the facts out there. From my googling over the last year or so, the fact seems to be widely known now, and that pleases me.

Also, for what it's worth, I can confirm that the details in the post above marked 'I wonder!' are indeed correct, as of three years ago at least.

Hope some of this was relevant/helpful to your discussions (as I'm fairly certain that none of this information is already available on the internet), if not, my apologies.

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 09:04:55 pm »
1 gold. i have 1 gold.  depending on how much it weighs , i could be rich or a poor sucker. :D

I took pity in you and gave you another one  :D

Now you have 2 gold.... don't spend it all at once  ;)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter