collapse

Author Topic: One thing no one can disprove...  (Read 58797 times)

Offline Jusdewit8

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
Re: One thing no one can disprove...
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 01:47:01 am »
Thanks, zorgon!  I hope it works, cuz I don't see it working in my preview...

Dang!  I followed this exactly:
Here in the post area you will see this image

When you click on that it will place {img}{/img} into your post with the cursor left between. Simply paste the url of the picture and your done

The photo is posted on my flicker account, JusTake2 https://www.flickr.com/photos/74880633@N05/

Maybe the vids will work, it's the ones that sure changed my mind:
[youtube]wptn5RE2I-k[/youtube]
[youtube]0-eazmX6-vc[/youtube]

The last link is a video which will start right where you get to see the astronauts faking an image of a "far away Earth" but the trickery is revealed at the end of the sham production.  The whole video is worth watching, but this one part really made me question why would they be faking their transmissions???
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:18:08 am by Jusdewit8 »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 03:26:21 am »
I hope it works, cuz I don't see it working in my preview...

It isn't working because the link you used is not an image link but a flicker viewing box. There is no 'share' option for the image url

Offline Jusdewit8

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 03:57:31 am »
Zorgon thanks for your help and patience-I went back and read more about the licensing options, which is I think what you mean by share option?  From what I now gather, I probably need to delete the images I posted on Flickr, seeing as how they do not belong to me.  They are in the public domain, not sure about the current copyright status.  Can you advise?  In the meantime, this is intriguing:
[youtube]hlqvlu_di6A[/youtube]

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 04:23:46 am »
I need a link to the original location

Offline Jusdewit8

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 04:26:24 am »

Offline easynow

• Gold 20
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 05:07:58 am »
That's Apollo 11 image AS11-40-5875
Link - http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5875HR.jpg

ATS thread with UFO-anomaly found in the Lewis archives version
Link - http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread509370/pg1

Many Apollo images have been Sanitized  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:55:31 am by easynow »

Offline Jusdewit8

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 06:50:48 am »
Sanitized, undoubtedly!  But how did they miss scrubbing up the shadow conflicts seen in Apollo 11 image AS11-40-5875?

Or, for those who have an answer, please explain how in Apollo 11 image AS11-40-5875, Buzz Aldrin's shadow lies directly behind him, yet the flag's shadow is clearly in front of the flag (and even that shadow looks odd, given it is strangely similar to Aldrin's shadow, but Aldrin looks nothing like the flag pole).  Since they claim no other light sources were used, how can it be that shadows fall in opposite directions of two vertical objects in the same photo? And how can a bulky man in a spacesuit cast an almost identical width shadow to that of the flag pole?  Eagerly awaiting a full and educated response!

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 07:05:39 am »
When you click on that it will place {img}{/img} into your post with the cursor left between. Simply paste the url of the picture and your done
This image?

It shows the flag's shadow where it's supposed to be, to the right, just behind the astronaut's shadow.

This is a link to a version taken from those famous disappearing TIFFs. :)

Offline Jusdewit8

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 07:27:33 am »
Thanks for posting my NASA pic!

So, you are saying the two dark lines which are behind the astronaut (and which also connect directly WITH the feet of the astronaut), that one of those lines is the shadow from the flag pole?  If so, please explain the odd way the flag pole avoids connecting to it's own shadow, as the astronaut does his! Or to put it a different way, how can there be a shadow-free zone directly to the right of the flag, but no shadow-free zone to the right of the astronaut?  Obviously, there are tiny shadows cast by the differing levels of the surface at the base of the pole, but we aren't talking about those...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:32:24 am by Jusdewit8 »

Offline Jusdewit8

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 09:37:20 am »
I don't know what a TIFF is, and I don't understand how the link provided to "those famous disappearing TIFFs" is any different from the others, except it is faded out and has vertical lines on both sides...can you please clarify?

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 09:55:26 am »
Do you know what a jpg is? How about a jpeg? How about a bmp? How about a gif? How about a pdf?

these are all file extensions that identify what type of file it is...try google....

ArMap correctly stated that there is no issue with the flag shadow...but try looking at this...same photo...I've hi-lighted some areas I find interesting.

it might be difficult to see in my file. So download your own from the link ArMap posted and zoom in and take a look...A blue streak of some sort and a small dot of unknown origin...

Peace
Rock..
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 09:59:49 am »
So, you are saying the two dark lines which are behind the astronaut (and which also connect directly WITH the feet of the astronaut), that one of those lines is the shadow from the flag pole?
No. :)

What I am saying is that the shadow is behind the astronaut's shadow, as you can see on the yellow box in the image below.

(click for full size)

If so, please explain the odd way the flag pole avoids connecting to it's own shadow, as the astronaut does his! Or to put it a different way, how can there be a shadow-free zone directly to the right of the flag, but no shadow-free zone to the right of the astronaut?
We don't see the pole's shadow connected to the pole because the ground is not flat, there's a slight elevation between the camera and the flag pole that hides the spot where the pole enters the ground.

Photos AS11-40-5885 and AS11-40-5886 show the flag from the other side and we can see the shadow starting on the spot where the pole enters the ground, as expected.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 10:14:02 am »
I don't know what a TIFF is, and I don't understand how the link provided to "those famous disappearing TIFFs" is any different from the others, except it is faded out and has vertical lines on both sides...can you please clarify?
A TIFF is, as Sgt.Rocknroll said, an image file format, the most versatile file format and is used in many science-related areas, although it has been replaced in many cases by the more recent PNG format, as both have lossless compression options (or even no compression, as suggested by the Portuguese central archives as the best method of archiving digital images).

My reference to "those famous disappearing TIFFs" is related to something that happened some years ago, when those TIFFs could be found on that site and I was downloading several while they started to disappear. I'm sure zorgon remembers that. :)

Although they appear slightly faded, those are the versions I consider as the closest to the original photos, as they are the ones that show the whole photo frame (including those vertical lines that show slightly more and that are left out on any other versions I have seen) and have the highest resolution.

Offline Jusdewit8

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 10:39:10 am »
Sorry, I don't see it the same way.  Especially since, by your explanation, the shadow of the actual flag itself ought to be somewhere in the photo.  The pole would need to be much taller for the flag shadow to be clear out of view, or precisely inline with the pole, but the ripples blow that option.  Thank you for your kind and helpful clarification, ArMaP.  I wish you peace and a good destiny to you too, Rock...despite the tone of your reply. :)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 10:49:43 am »
Sorry, I don't see it the same way.  Especially since, by your explanation, the shadow of the actual flag itself ought to be somewhere in the photo.
Don't you see the shadow inside that yellow rectangle? ???

The pole would need to be much taller for the flag shadow to be clear out of view, or precisely inline with the pole, but the ripples blow that option.
Or the Sun was relatively low, which was the case, as the astronaut's legs are not as long as their shadows, right? That's more noticeable on photo AS11-40-5872.

Thank you for your kind and helpful clarification, ArMaP.
No problem, I hate misunderstandings, so I always try to make things as clear as possible. :)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter