collapse

Author Topic: Nuclear Effects on the South West USA  (Read 10604 times)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
Re: Nuclear Effects on the South West USA
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 07:04:22 pm »
Just wondered 'Z' if you have ever known about monitoring LV after a dust storm for radioactivity levels ?

It must be really quite bad around the borders of the NTS range...That they are not letting us really know the facts...

This shows how bad dust storms can get in Las Vegas !

Lol  that lasted about 20 minutes  never even made it to my place

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 07:18:30 pm »
The 'elite' breath the same air and drink the same water and use the same soil we do. Radiation does not discriminate between us and them.

Unless...  They have technology that creates discrimination.  Just sayin'.

Cockroaches survive radiation... maybe this is the way the human species will cull itself so only the fittest survive the fallout  Pure Darwinism at work :D

And maybe that's the source for ideas in technology that discriminates.  Could be.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 08:05:16 pm »
Yes it does seem that way !...They seem everywhere, that the world is flooded with such people...Surely with all the info now on the internet you would think they would be held more accountable !..

They are not "everywhere..."  But They have what it takes to bribe (pay), coerce (blackmail), and force (armament) People to do Their bidding.  And so the toadies seem to be "everywhere" because the money/power tentacles are nearly so.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

ShotInTheDark

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 01:07:41 pm »
The amount of radiation on Papoose lake being 30 micrgrams per square meter which takes either a massive cleanup to get rid of ar 100 of thousands of years. Makes it completely impossible for anything to have even been built at Papoose Lake. In the 1950 Horse and cattle were dying left and right that grazed Papoose sop imagine a human going there everyday with no radiation badge to even monitor fallout it would never happen ever.

Papoose has been off limits and has been well except when Jerry Freeman camped there one night in 1992 and took who knows how many rolls a film who then died of prostate cancer in 2001. These pics will surface some have showing nothing at Papoose and according to Jerrys diary he searched for signs of inscriptions of the lost 49ers on every section of the area where people claim S4 was located thing is there Jerry Freeman was an archaeologist and could probably tell the last time someone ever urinated on the soil...Just kidding. The evidence is right in front of everyone Project 57 Papoose lake.

One of a number of pics of Jerry right at the Alleged S4 Papoose. If S4 exists I believe its in the south east corner of Groom if it exhists.

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 01:12:37 pm »
That's a whole lot of worry right there.
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 07:12:20 pm »
The amount of radiation on Papoose lake being 30 micrgrams per square meter which takes either a massive cleanup to get rid of ar 100 of thousands of years. Makes it completely impossible for anything to have even been built at Papoose Lake. In the 1950 Horse and cattle were dying left and right that grazed Papoose sop imagine a human going there everyday with no radiation badge to even monitor fallout it would never happen ever.

Let me correct a few false assumptions.

NEVADA TEST SITE

Overview

President Truman established the NTS in December 1950, as the nation's on-continent nuclear weapons testing area. Prior to 1950, most tests were conducted in the Pacific. This was costly, time-consuming, and logistically difficult. The first bomb, a one kiloton warhead dropped from an airplane, was detonated on January 27, 1951. Between 1951 and 1962, 126 atmospheric tests of atomic weapons were conducted within the Test Site's boundaries.

What You'll See

Take a walk through "Doom Town", realistic sets constructed by the Atomic Energy Commission to measure effects of atomic weapons on animals and various types of buildings.

Public Tours Dates and Times

The site is only open to the public once a month, with the exact day picked a few months in advance. The site is closed on Friday through Sunday, so the public tours will always fall on a Monday through Thursday. To find out the day of the next tour call the Office of Public Affairs at (702) 295-0944. You meet at the Department of Energy offices in downtown Las Vegas at 7:00am, and a bus takes you there and returns you by 4:30pm. You need to call several weeks in advance and give them your full name, your date of birth, your Social Security number and your place of birth.

Radiation badges are no longer necessary when visiting.

http://expdvl.com/internet/TRAVEL/WWWOZ~1.NET/~CHRISP/NTS.HTM

So if the test site itself with all those clearly visible craters no longer requires radiation badges, why would a lake bed 12 miles away from the crater range and protected by mountain ranges need one?

Aside from that, Bob said that all employees at S4 wore dosimeter badges. A reasonable precaution considering they worked with antimatter reactors.

Papoose has been off limits and has been well except when Jerry Freeman camped there one night in 1992 and took who knows how many rolls a film who then died of prostate cancer in 2001.

That's a bit misleading inferring that Jerry got prostate cancer from Papoose lake. did you know he was diagnosed with prostate cancer 10 years before he took this trip?

From Jerry's own diary -

"I have no military training. My clothing blended well with the terrain I was in, but I wore no camouflage fatigues, and no black makeup adorned my countenance. I am too old for that "Rambo" poop: 55 now and afflicted with prostate cancer (currently in remission)."

...or so he thought.

These pics will surface some have showing nothing at Papoose and according to Jerrys diary he searched for signs of inscriptions of the lost 49ers on every section of the area where people claim S4 was located thing is there Jerry Freeman was an archaeologist and could probably tell the last time someone ever urinated on the soil...Just kidding.

Well first off Jerry was an ametuer archaeologist, meaning no formal study no degree. Basically in the same league as a rock hound.

Also Jerry did not go down to the lake bed and search the perimeter for hangar doors. He looked down at Papoose lake from hilltops, a long way away from being able to see any detail. Bob himself said you would have to be within 40 yards to see the camouflage paint job on the doors.

Again from Jerry's diary -

"Saturday morning, April 26, 1997

At first light, I climbed down off my "telecommunications perch" and recovered my gear. Then proceeded to penetrate deeper and higher into "Dreamland," generally following the ridges that paralleled Nye Canyon. I never dropped into it en route, fearing detection, but my obsessive pursuit of high ground consumed precious time and energy.

But WOW! At 10:30 in the morning, I lay beneath downed cactus trees on a windswept ridge overlooking the most restricted place on Earth: Papoose Lake, the very soul of "Dreamland."

The aliens appeared to be in short supply. So were the ex-Navy Seals, who were supposed to be protecting this place. North of my position, I occasionally caught sight of the Black Hawk helicopter, chasing the tourists away from the Air Force's front door near Groom Lake.

That night as I lay awake in the darkness, high above that ancient playa, I half expected a "close encounter of the third kind," but no such luck. Hale-Bopp gleamed in the northwest, the comet's remarkable brilliance strengthened by the clear desert air. Near the mountainous side of Papoose I saw lights. Security vehicles? Hangar doors opening and closing? (He speculated on this because the lights got brighter and dimmer.)

My only purpose for being in this forbidden land is to pay homage to our past. To hold aloft that "lamplight" for those brave men and women who forged this great nation's heritage. How ironic that, 150 years after they passed, I'm desperately dodging my own country's militia, just to see the places where they labored so valiantly. These were not military people. These were not mountain men. They were just people, like you and me, dreaming of a better life for their husbands, wives and babies.

That innocuous lake bed below me was of pivotal importance to their survival. 

The evidence is right in front of everyone Project 57 Papoose lake.

Yes project 57 was to set off a dirty bomb to determine what would happen if a nuclear equipped aircraft crashed for any reason.

"The first challenge of Project 57 was to select a test site. A lengthy discussion at the first project meeting focused on a choice between "Papoose Lake with adjoining valleys and the Groom Lake Valley lying due north of it," both outside the Nevada Test Site.

Both sites were considered equal from an operational viewpoint, but the decision was ultimately based on soil contamination levels from previous testing. Samples taken by K. H. Larson of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) indicated that "in the first inch of cover, maximum plutonium backgrounds differed by a factor of 60."

Soil in the Groom Lake area contained a maximum of 0.5-micrograms of plutonium per-square-meter versus 30-micrograms per-square-meter around Papoose Lake.

After reviewing these results, according to the minutes of the first meeting, "the choice of Groom Lake Valley went uncontested."

So since Groom Lake was selected as the target for project 57 instead of Papoose lake, how have men been able to work there continuously ever since?

Even if there was a concern for constructions workers at S4, radiation suits and Geiger counters were certainly available at that time (circa 1980).

Also, all workers arrive at Groom lake before departing for S4. Then they are taken by buses with windows covered by aluminum foil. The ride is pretty short as well.

Then, after a quick departure from the bus to the facility housed inside of rock, they spent their day.

And their dosimeter badges never gave readings that were a cause for concern.

One of a number of pics of Jerry right at the Alleged S4 Papoose. If S4 exists I believe its in the south east corner of Groom if it exhists.

But still not close enough to inspect the mountain perimeter line for hangar doors. His own diary indicated he never got close enough to do so.
His diary is available many places on the net for anyone to inspect for themselves.

eta: Bottom line is - Jerry did not get cancer from Papoose lake and he never got close enough to the perimeter to search for hangar doors.

And then there's this item -

"Wandering Across Papoose Dry Lake

A group of protestors associated with Greenpeace stormed the grounds near Papoose Dry Lake in an effort to protest nuclear weapons research. The trespassing Greenpeace members traversed Papoose Lake unscathed, reporting nothing out of the ordinary."

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5984407/are-there-ufos-in-hidden-hangars-at-papoose-dry-lake

These protesters survived the experience just fine as well. Any ill effects would have boosted their cause and been reported loudly.

From Jerry's perch in that photo, I would think you could get a drone over there to search for hangar doors, unless the radiation brought it down.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:03:08 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 08:16:07 pm »

Personally I think the rocky outcrop on the dry lake itself which is an outcrop of the Papoose mountains is large enough to house the S4 facility and fits the bill for the saucer to be already on the lake bed when Bob witnessed the official test flight put on for his viewing.

The dry lake would also hide tire tracks coming to and leaving the facility.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:07:16 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 11:42:19 pm »
Just wondered 'Z' if you have ever known about monitoring LV after a dust storm for radioactivity levels ?

It must be really quite bad around the borders of the NTS range...That they are not letting us really know the facts...

Most of the wind from the test site blows into UTAH :P  In fact during the testing of the bombs they waited for the winds to blow towards UTAH for any fall out

::)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:56:53 am by The Seeker »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56