collapse

Author Topic: Confederacy 2.0  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
Confederacy 2.0
« on: June 21, 2017, 06:57:51 am »
I will make a prediction - the future of the US is not civil war, it is "Confederacy 2.0".   The snowflake rebellion apparently lacks both good sense and marksman skills and will provide little more than targeted amusements for those opposed.  Most Americans could not sustain a conflict since they are dependent of prescription drugs or transfer payments to stay alive.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/06/bleeding_america.html

Which brings us to a more probable outcome: "Confederacy 2.0".  Democrats push for nullification on climate, immigration, marijuana and hemp while Republicans push for nullification on gun control and borders.  There are other such issues connected with land use, the FDA, the EPA and more.  States will become more independent of a dysfunctional Washington DC and so, ignore it.

This will be good in some ways - although it may compromise Civil Rights in many areas ( sadly).  I think the power of the Federal government may have passed its peak. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
Re: Confederacy 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:26:16 pm »
I will make a prediction - the future of the US is not civil war, it is "Confederacy 2.0".   The snowflake rebellion apparently lacks both good sense and marksman skills and will provide little more than targeted amusements for those opposed.  Most Americans could not sustain a conflict since they are dependent of prescription drugs or transfer payments to stay alive.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/06/bleeding_america.html

Which brings us to a more probable outcome: "Confederacy 2.0".  Democrats push for nullification on climate, immigration, marijuana and hemp while Republicans push for nullification on gun control and borders.  There are other such issues connected with land use, the FDA, the EPA and more.  States will become more independent of a dysfunctional Washington DC and so, ignore it.

This will be good in some ways - although it may compromise Civil Rights in many areas ( sadly).  I think the power of the Federal government may have passed its peak. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.
I have a question for you,8thman; are you a student of history?

If so, in 25 words give an adequate synopsis of what led to the original confederacy;
 8)

Seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:54:26 pm »
Lincoln said in his 2nd Inaugural that the 'slavery interest' caused it.  (You can read it in the marble on his memorial in DC.)  Economics was a related cause because of differing interests in North and South as to trade and tariffs.

Confederacy 2.0 is my conclusion to explain where trends are leading us.  Civil War seems ridiculous because I can't imagine paunchy middle aged men with their hunting rifles going revolutionary and leaving their arm chairs behind. The Antifa crowd can't seem to be master organization or marksmanship.  Inner city types would riot, burn down their neighborhoods and then complain they're hungry.

Maybe we could generate electricity from the Founding Fathers spinning in their graves at this rate. 

So, polls indicate distrust in government is at unprecedented levels - worse than ever recorded.  What does this leave us with?  Reduction of centralized authority especially the Feds.  Confederacy 2.0

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 05:50:43 pm »
  8) The origins of the conflicts that lead to first the formation of the confederacy and to the civil war was about states rights and responsibilities as outlined by the constitution; ;)

The majority of rule of law is supposed to be enfranchised by each state, not the fed; the legal federal government ceased to exist with the birth of the IRS and the privately owned Federal Reserve.

A return to the legal form of government that existed prior to 1917 would not necessarily lead to a new confederacy, but perhaps to a once more stable legal fed. :)
Seekers Domain

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 06:35:04 pm »
Oregon may decriminalize all drugs in small amounts.  Worth noting too, is that Scalia helped create precedent for the Tenth Amendment in which states don't have to help enforce federal law - they  can't be commandeered.

I'd love to see some states screw over the FDA and refuse cooperation in their fight against alternative medicines. Cannabis could open the way.

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 03:22:31 am »
Reduction of centralized authority especially the Feds.

I would honestly appreciate it if someone would non-ironically explain to me why this would be a bad thing.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 03:03:51 am »
Well Trump is already giving more power back to the states... and over turning the Obama and Bush federal land grabs... two things that Liberals are fighting him over for some stupid reason

The legalization of Marijauna is another example  Nevada and California just did it in the middle of the elections

The Bundy ranch standoff where the federal goos were sent packing (and not one shot fired) is another example and the Bundy aquital over the Oregon issue is another.  The power of Washington is eroding. The curious thing was Las Vegas police went out in SUPPORT of the Bundys while Sheriff Gilespie commited political suicide by NOT taking a stand (he won't be running for reelection :P )

UTAH:
Iron County Utah Tells Feds – Don't Try to Enforce Gun Laws Here
http://freedomoutpost.com/iron-county-utah-tells-feds-dont-try-to-enforce-gun-laws-here/

Utah Sheriffs Threaten To Arrest Rangers If They Try To Close Public Lands
http://www.npr.org/2016/05/31/480100279/utah-sheriff-threatens-to-arrest-rangers-if-they-try-to-close-public-lands

GROWING LIST OF SHERIFFS SAYING ‘NO’ TO OBAMA GUN CONTROL
http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/

The life time Senators saying they can't live on 174,000 a year with free medical while the population is broke are not seen in a favorable light :P

So it has already begun.

The BLM and ANTIFA movemnets will soon be seeing a tougher stand  mark my words... Americans take a slow time to reach that point where they have had enough  but that point is fast approaching

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 11:33:51 am »
Well Trump is already giving more power back to the states... and over turning the Obama and Bush federal land grabs... two things that Liberals are fighting him over for some stupid reason

That is because they want the fed to own everything, and control every aspect of our existence

The legalization of Marijauna is another example  Nevada and California just did it in the middle of the elections
Take the illegality out of it; should also reduce the price, and be a kick in the groin to the drug cartels, not to mention added tax revenues for those states

The Bundy ranch standoff where the federal goos were sent packing (and not one shot fired) is another example and the Bundy aquital over the Oregon issue is another.  The power of Washington is eroding. The curious thing was Las Vegas police went out in SUPPORT of the Bundys while Sheriff Gilespie commited political suicide by NOT taking a stand (he won't be running for reelection :P )
That slime ball Harry Reid was behind all that mess

UTAH:
Iron County Utah Tells Feds – Don't Try to Enforce Gun Laws Here
http://freedomoutpost.com/iron-county-utah-tells-feds-dont-try-to-enforce-gun-laws-here/

Utah Sheriffs Threaten To Arrest Rangers If They Try To Close Public Lands
http://www.npr.org/2016/05/31/480100279/utah-sheriff-threatens-to-arrest-rangers-if-they-try-to-close-public-lands

GROWING LIST OF SHERIFFS SAYING ‘NO’ TO OBAMA GUN CONTROL
http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/
Another step in the right direction; those gentleman are staunch believers in the Constitution, and willing to enforce it  8) For the most part, Joe Sixpack believes that the Fed can do whatever it wants to; No, it cannot...

The life time Senators saying they can't live on 174,000 a year with free medical while the population is broke are not seen in a favorable light :P
That bunch needs to be retired, term limits imposed, and slapped in the face with a fish

So it has already begun.

The BLM and ANTIFA movemnets will soon be seeing a tougher stand  mark my words... Americans take a slow time to reach that point where they have had enough  but that point is fast approaching
The IRS and a few more also need to be dealt with, for the good of the people; most of our citizens are like Popeye the Sailor : "I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!"

We all do make a difference, if we only try; pick up the phone and call your city or county council people, call your representatives and senators, bug the living hell out of them until they respond in a positive manner  8)

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:40 pm »
That bunch needs to be retired, term limits imposed, and slapped in the face with a fish
... From Fukushima.  ;D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 05:57:13 pm »
... From Fukushima.  ;D

WOW  I about fell off the chair with that one LOL

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 06:07:55 pm »
WOW  I about fell off the chair with that one LOL
GADZOOKS !!! I thought I was dreaming when I read ArMaP's post  :o

He's been kidnapped by the Klingons!!!  :o
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 06:09:21 pm »
He's been kidnapped by the Klingons!!!  :o
Why, do Klingons like sushi?

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 06:18:26 pm »
Why, do Klingons like sushi?
After seeing all that Klingon cuisine in your country, who else would it be?

And yeah, Nuka tuna from Fukushima would probably fit right in  :P
Seekers Domain

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]