collapse

Author Topic: HOW TO FIX THE DEFICIT  (Read 11724 times)

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
Re: HOW TO FIX THE DEFICIT
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 06:04:33 pm »
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 07:33:06 pm »
Says the person who NEVER uses the QUOTE BOX that is conveniently added to forum posts and tends to copy and paste the entire article :P

LOL I got that from a post at Facebook...   didn't get back in time to follow up

REALLY !!!!!!!

says the guy who never ever posts the link to what is posted...
and wow quoting facebook seems to be the new library of great thought

and when did posting the whole article become a BAD thing?

there is an easy fix, ya know

but this will probably get the old.."must be a time shift" thing where we disagree so much and so often any more
instead of taking the blame/credit for trying to sway opinions to your way of thinking  by only posting pieces

it's interesting that before the last election  you felt it was  a good thing
i mean geeeee how many years have i been doing exactly the same
but now you seem to think i'm the bad guy here
my posting of the WHOLE article has always been in aid of telling the whole story  of something i felt was interesting ..

my NOT cherry picking of certain phrases is my attempt at NOT trying to influence opinion and posting the entire thing so others may make their minds up with ALL the info not just  what i think works for me

i don't know Z..  is it money, age or politics ?

edit to add ..that the Plagiarism quote was against  the trupm thing
not your posting..
interesting that you are taking it personally
yeah like i am with your remark

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:50:46 pm by space otter »

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 08:29:09 pm »
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=176.msg1520#msg1520

The above link covers the guidelines for posting work of others, dated October, 2011  :P
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »
hey mods,lets move this thread,please.

Dumbledore

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 03:17:04 am »
Why? It is in the political forum...
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 03:22:41 am »
REALLY !!!!!!!

yes really :P

says the guy who never ever posts the link to what is posted...

Say what? 99% of time I have every link imaginable and then some on my posts. Where have YOU been?

and wow quoting facebook seems to be the new library of great thought

Seriously? I rarely EVER qoute from facebook but I thought THIS solution No matter WHO said it, was a good one.  I guess you pounced on it because the word "TRUMP" was in it :P

So forget WHO said it first, don't you agree that cutting those huge lifetime salaries for dead beat politicians is a GOOD THING?

it ALWAYS has been  Without written permission from the news service quoting an entire article is called PLAGERISM  and violates all sorts of usage policies from the news services

but this will probably get the old.."must be a time shift" thing where we disagree so much and so often any more
instead of taking the blame/credit for trying to sway opinions to your way of thinking  by only posting pieces

WOW what is up with the attack here? Just because the name TRUMP is in it... And how am I trying to sway opinions by posting a list of salaries for politicians that most people already know are insane?

it's interesting that before the last election  you felt it was  a good thing
i mean geeeee how many years have i been doing exactly the same
but now you seem to think i'm the bad guy here

That is just NOT true  I have ALWAYS said posting the entire article is neither necessary nor allowed UNLESS it is from a news source that has given PERMISSION to do so.  I just checked  (in case the time line thing :P ) but its still here  It is one of the FIRST rules I posted when I opened the forum with a LONG LIST of news sources that allow full article copying

Copyright - Posting Work of Others
« on: October 12, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=176.0

my posting of the WHOLE article has always been in aid of telling the whole story  of something i felt was interesting ..

That is all well and good but, as happened on ATS, a news agency CAN sue the forum for posting entire articles. Besides I have said many times to many people on this forum that few people ever read the entire story so its always better to post just the key points and let them decide if they want more

my NOT cherry picking of certain phrases is my attempt at NOT trying to influence opinion and posting the entire thing so others may make their minds up with ALL the info not just  what i think works for me
i don't know Z..  is it money, age or politics ?

So yet you attack me for ONE TIME  posting ONE full article without a linky because I didn't get back to it in time?  Seriously you need to get that hate for anything Trump out of your system... I haven't even posted anything political since the election  been far to busy

I do not understand this rage you have  but my record of providing sources stands for itself and has made the livingmoon as popular as it is today

edit to add ..that the Plagiarism quote was against  the trupm thing
not your posting..
interesting that you are taking it personally

His name is TRUMP not trupm  and I didn't take it personally.  YOU posted a PLAGERISM post in huge neon capitals  I responded with this... in a jovial manner

Says the person who NEVER uses the QUOTE BOX that is conveniently added to forum posts and tends to copy and paste the entire article :P
LOL I got that from a post at Facebook...   didn't get back in time to follow up

Seems to me like its a case of severe over reaction

And yes the QUOTE BOX is there for a reason... to protect the forum from law suits It is really not that hard to use it whether a small section or an entire article  You simply click on THIS 

and paste the article

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 03:23:36 am »

Move it where? Its a political post in the political forum... have you guys all lost the plot?

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 03:45:37 am »

Always has been  I linked you to the RULES section created Oct 2011 in the previous reply

THIS was posted in the mod coffee shop as instructions to mods (As I recall you had access at the time under Mystic Star0

Re: Mod Actions
« Reply #1102 on: October 02, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »

Mod Edit: Main Stream Media sources do NOT allow copying of the entire article. Please read the following thread for a list of sources that have allowed full copy and their terms
Copyright - Posting Work of Others

When you see a post that has too much, just edit it and add this at bottom and drop them a PM to read the rules

There are only a few repeat offenders :D

Re: Mod Actions
« Reply #1104 on: October 02, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

So far to date looking on the web... I see only Associated Press and Reuters making a stink

BBC has never gone after anyone for instance that I can see

Las Vegas Revue Journal did go after ATS with a law suit but that was via a Shyster copyright shark who has since been shut down

AP and Reuters have now created video reports that you are allowed to embed for free... so there is light at the end of the tunnel that ISN'T a train :P

The danger is that PRC has no lawyer and no funds... if there is ONE lawsuit, it will be me that gets sued.... and that would kill the forum and the website permanently

I know I have a lot of stuff on the website that was posted under the old 'fair use for educational purposed" rule that would not fly now under the current changes.

Will need to revamp that site soon but its over 1200 pages

That REVAMP has been what I have been hard at work at for MONTHS

So no its NOT something new since the elections  Its ALWAYS been the rule here...

(05 of your articles are from Huffington post ( a very liberal biased source) and as far as I can tell they do not seem to care about copying their material so I haven't pushed it

Feb 14 2012... Washington posts gives permission
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.msg6904#msg6904

August 28, 2012
The simple solution is just don't copy other peoples work without permission :P
There is no attempt to stop people's freedom of speech and right to express their personal opinion... but most people don't do that.. they copy and paste entire articles and say, "Hey, read this"
There is no need to copy an entire work by someone else to make your point. Its not your opinion if you copy someone else's
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=2529.msg35341#msg35341

April 10, 2013
MOD ETA: Please use the quote tags when quoting news storys and try not to copy the entire article. Yahoo News is not a public domain source. Thanks
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=4219.msg56115#msg56115

So as you can see it has ALWAYS been my policy and has nothing to do with an election BS  I can pull up many more time I said it

Hope that is clear now

Thanks

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 04:25:12 am »
Well if that is true  then what would stop the same psychopaths from sucking it all up again if your solution came about?  :P

The lack of money.  The lack of influence beyond personal charisma.  Since no One is "in control," no One CAN be - without reinstituting top-down control, and then...  It won't be My system.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 04:31:38 am »
Hmmm, if I read this right

it doesn't say it was original, but a quote  8)
It does say it was a quote, but the text is exactly the same as the one on the link I posted on my second post, this petition, so it looks like someone copied the entire text and changed the Buffet's name to Trump to make it sound like it was something Trump said.

Unless we can find an original source with Trump saying it, this is just another case of event faking.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 07:21:34 am »
what is the new rules for:
images,
words,
vids.
i thought it was 50% on text but never knew what else.what about making gifs from movies.what about short comment clips from movies.
good artist create,great artist steal.
do i grab an image and change the tint so as to claim it mine?
does this work for vid clips too?

Dumbledore

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 02:55:16 pm »
Hey Zorgon,

Where did you get that? It's great.  :D

This was originally from an email sent out in 2011 attributed to Third richest guy in the world Warren Buffet and it has been recirculated many times with attribution changed.

I got it from facebook and shared it :P  I posted it before going to bed to see what the reaction would be 

Here is ONE version of the story :P

Warren Buffett and the Mythical 'Congressional Reform Act'
It's true that Congress as an institution doesn't abide by the same laws.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/susan-milligan/2012/03/13/warren-buffett-and-the-mythical-congressional-reform-act

So on the face of it it APPEARS that it is a bogus story. The email source may be in question BUT the SALARIES are a matter of PUBLIC RECORD

Here is a DEMOCRAT Congressman's point of view

Congressman: We’re underpaid!

Virginia Democratic Rep. James Moran thinks members of Congress aren’t getting paid enough.

Moran and his colleagues make $174,000 a year, but he says that’s not enough money to live comfortably in the nation’s capital.

“Our pay has been frozen for three years and we’re planning on freezing it a fourth year. … A lot of members can’t even afford to live decently in Washington,” Moran told CQ Roll Call.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/congress-underpaid-moran#51462

Well THAT is from the Mouth of the Horse  so seems to me the story has merit...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 02:57:15 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 02:56:40 pm »
Unless we can find an original source with Trump saying it, this is just another case of event faking.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a personal reply to you ArMap :P

Okay so THIS is what is WRONG with America :P and it seems to have reached Portugal too

EVERYONE is fighting and bitching over WHO said it  yet NO ONE is discussing the MESSAGE and the SOLUTION

Because it has the name TRUMP in it  all the Trump haters are all flustered and frothing at the mouth to attack the post because the word TRUMP is in it...

I bet those people never even read past the word TRUMP  :P

Yes this article was (most likely) originally  written by Warren Buffet  So what?  The MESSAGE is still the same

The fact that career politicians are making INSANE salaries that are set in stone for LIFE while the average citizen can't even get by without a struggle IS the problem in America

The fact that no one is doing anything about it IS the problem in America

The fact that people would rather start stupid fights over whether or not Trump said it or Warren said it or Joe Blow said it first is STUPID and IRRELEVANT to the point

Surely lots of other people have made similar observations over the years...  who first put it in writing? WHO KNOWS and WHO CARES... it is the MESSAGE and the SOLUTION that needs to be addressed

I actually though people here at Pegasus were better than that, but it appears that the mere mention of the name "trump" causes a certain insanity to rear it's head...

So I changed it to say SOMEONE in the OP instead of Trump or Warren..

Now then  lets address the ISSUE of INSANE SALARIES

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 03:12:01 pm »
what is the new rules for:
images,
words,
vids.
i thought it was 50% on text but never knew what else.what about making gifs from movies.what about short comment clips from movies.
good artist create,great artist steal.
do i grab an image and change the tint so as to claim it mine?
does this work for vid clips too?

The general rule has always been 20% of an article from a for profit news source like CNN, FOX or newspaper

Reuters and AP say 10% but in reality their news feeds are normally just one paragraph long

Images:  have to be at LEAST 20% different to be considered "new"  but why would you take someone else,s images and change it just so you can steal it? 99% of photographers will give you permission if your not using it to make money... and there are thousands of photos online that are in the public domain. Since everyone has a camera these days it is easy to find free images on just about anything

The reality is that in recent years there have been very few cases of plagiarism filed against websites because a) it is hard to do because everyone is doing it (example Pinterest) and b) it is not worth the time to sue a website that has no money

That is why we don't even bring it up much these days  until someone throws it in your face.

WHY is it so hard for people to use the QUOTE box?

WHY is it so hard for people to add the photo credit?

Beats me  LOL  I just don't get it

On the website where there is some revenue  I send HOURS a day making sure links and credits are all attached  even when an image is in public domain like wikipedia I still attribute the original author  Its really not that hard and is good etiquette

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2017, 04:26:56 pm »
Disclaimer: This is NOT a personal reply to you ArMap :P

Okay so THIS is what is WRONG with America :P and it seems to have reached Portugal too
That looks personal.  :P

Surely lots of other people have made similar observations over the years...  who first put it in writing? WHO KNOWS and WHO CARES... it is the MESSAGE and the SOLUTION that needs to be addressed
To me, the "who" is part of trying to find if it's true or not, I do that to almost everything I see posted to see if it's true or not, regardless of any name that may be included in the text, specially when there's no source for the text in the post.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter