collapse

Author Topic: US clears arms deal for Taiwan worth up to $1.3B  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
US clears arms deal for Taiwan worth up to $1.3B
« on: July 05, 2017, 11:54:48 am »
WASHINGTON — The State Department on Thursday cleared a massive arms deal for Taiwan, worth up to $1.3 billion.

The move comes as at a time when the Trump administration continues to rely on China to pressure North Korea into dismantling its nuclear weapons program. 

The potential package includes seven different items sought by the Taiwanese government:

Early Warning Radar Surveillance Technical Support ($400 million)
AGM-154C Joint Stand-off Weapon (JSOW) ($185.5 million)
AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-Radiation (HARM) Missiles ($147.5 million)
MK 48 6AT Heavy Weight Torpedoes ($250 million)
MK 46 to MK-54 Torpedo Upgrade ($175 million)
SM-2 Missile Components ($125 million)
AN/SLQ-32A Electronic Warfare (EW) Shipboard Suite Upgrade ($80 million)
As with all foreign military sales, the agreement must be cleared by Congress and then go through actual negotiations over the equipment and dollar figures. As a result, the sale will likely shift and end up below the $1.3 billion estimate.   

A U.S government official, speaking on background ahead of the announcement, said the weapons offer does not reflect any change in the long-standing “One China” policy. China does not recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation.

SOURCE:

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/us-clears-massive-arms-deal-for-taiwan

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Re: US clears arms deal for Taiwan worth up to $1.3B
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:21:12 pm »
But, but...  China is the ENEMY!  LOL!  Geez, the (powers that be - would want to use that OTHER "P" word, Gods forbid!) own ALL the corporations We call "governments," and make "deals" like this all the time!  And then They script wars, pumping out propaganda to whip Us up into believing killing Others is "necessary."  [sigh]  Albert Pike's 3rd world war is in the script.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:29:08 pm »
But, but...  China is the ENEMY!  LOL!
I don't understand what you mean by that. ???

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 10:44:34 am »
But, but...  China is the ENEMY!  LOL!  Geez, the (powers that be - would want to use that OTHER "P" word, Gods forbid!) own ALL the corporations We call "governments," and make "deals" like this all the time!  And then They script wars, pumping out propaganda to whip Us up into believing killing Others is "necessary."  [sigh]  Albert Pike's 3rd world war is in the script.

Taiwan does not recognise that Taiwan is part of China.  China have a malignant issue in acquiring land that is not theirs to own.

It's a very serious issue, and also an indication of the intentions of an Alliance between Countries.  Taiwan have been sold this amount of Arm's in the past countless times... But in the current Climate I find it quite significant seeing China won't do anything about their nutter neighbour in the North of Korea. 

It would be fair to call North Korea "The Bastion of Failed Communist's from China" and have a valid argument.  :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:47:25 am »
It would be fair to call North Korea "The Bastion of Failed Communist's from China" and have a valid argument.  :P

Well that isn't sounding to good   :-\

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 11:56:51 am »
Yeah I know it sound's dramatic, but ask the exiled leader of Tibet how they are rolling these days after their dealings with China which were peaceful for the most part LOL

Weird thing with all of this is that people defend China, yet they are going full ww2 Nazi in Asia and have the money to do so..Once Trump call's their BS it's all a different snowflake story. 

After all my years of research I have no doubt the US could eradicate any country off the face of this planet. 

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 12:12:02 pm »
After all my years of research I have no doubt the US could eradicate any country off the face of this planet.

I agree but its not the people who run Washington that have that power :D

PS you have mail

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 02:06:59 pm »
I agree but its not the people who run Washington that have that power :D

PS you have mail

Yeah it's pretty funny hey when you look constantly at a complete domination force and then look at media... The US is so restrained.  I still have silicon tooling for an electric bullet/grenade launcher that is totally devasting to human life.  One time in life when I had good info and blabbed I had a couple of car's follow me and the occupant's stare at me... and the reality is I had no secret's... well a couple, but more I put two and two together LOL

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 10:39:53 am »

You know Amy I've worked with many an OLDER Chinese Immigrant who hate the Chinese Gov. I was just recalling a story today to someone how an old friend of mine (who taught me how to cook certain food's at work with pieces of paper to replicate how it would feel with bamboo and banana leave's) said that he thought the Commie's would be out in 20 years and people would be able to decide their fortune through political choice. 16 years later he is wrong.  I would it's getting worse by stealth with China and their merry islands and economic clout.   

It's just me though and I do hold what Taiwan do close to me Heart, which is a democracy, with good ideal's and willing to work with others for mutual benefit.  Can YOU imagine what it must feel like having some Regime like China pulling all your Strings to reign you in under false pretences?  As a US citizen, you really cannot as you have Freedom from BS like that rot China is pulling. 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter