collapse

Author Topic: I like Scotch  (Read 17875 times)

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
  • "Why are we all here? Because we ain't all there!"
    • Inception Radio Live-Chat
Re: I like Scotch
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 12:01:51 pm »
Interesting thread, I am glad I stopped in to read it, there was one thing that LE had posted that made me laugh hard, and with LE's track record for catching me off guard with what he posts, well lets just say he has a knack for doing this repeatedly...LOL ;)
It was because of this supplied photo:

Back in the 70's, my mother decided to sell Avon prod. She always had good turn outs and such, so she decided to have a big Avon party with all the fixing's for a cocktail party.
She had a friend that was just coming out of the Hippie era and was somewhat of a chef when it came too setting up these type's of parties. My mother is not an alcohol drinker, does have a liking for 7/7's and also BV Cokes, well my mom was at a loss how too make it special, so her Hippie friend offered a suggestion "Why not have spiked Melon Balls?" the horse was off and running...LOL
As the time came closer to the big night of the party, my mothers Hippie friend unfortunately couldn't be there too help her prepare the succulent feast and had given my mom verbal instructions. During these instructions, my mother had misinterpreted one statement that was being made for creating the perfect Spiked Melon Ball, and that was her friend told her "use a clear alcohol for the spike" this my mother registered as "EverCLear" for alcohol...110% LOL
Needless to say, it was quite an Avon party, nothing but women dancing, singing laughing and hugging..... That memory has not been in my thoughts for many years, and growing up in this era of finer thing's in life ideologies such as being able to throw an extravaganza such as an Avon party,  well, lets just say "It was a night too remember and funny as He#@!!!"
Thanks once again LE for lifting my spirits, as your posts usually do. ;)

1WW
"To know men is too have knowledge, to know self is to have insight."

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 03:33:44 pm »
WOW 1WW, I bet sales were good that night LOL! Everclear makes my entire mouth numb!

Great story!

Cheers!
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 04:02:32 pm »
WOW 1WW, I bet sales were good that night LOL! Everclear makes my entire mouth numb!
Great story!
Cheers!

Well, that leads too the sequel of the story, was another laugh. Mom had waken up with massive hangover, started to get her bearings and started going through the receipts from the night before for the sales, as she was over viewing them, and looking at the night signatures as they went on, they became more and more illegible for reading....LOL Even mom was laughing at that, and her Hippie girlfriend was the one to wake her up the following day too ask how things went, of course her hippie girlfriend offer the cure for her ill feeling with hangover, "Hair of the Dog that Bit ya!" LOL
Clearly evident then and there though, "Don't conduct business under the influence!!" Ha ha ha! Good thing there were names stamped on the checks to get back in touch with those type's of payments, My mom had no idea what some of the receipts even said with such terrible writing....LOL Couldn't even make out th order forms from about 1 hour after her party started...Haha! Was really funny, guess you had too be there. And I am glad I was. Great memory, and funny as he$@ too remember.
I just called my mom too remind her of that party, we are now both laughing so many years later...

1WW

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2012, 10:18:45 am »
Hmm, if we fill Pimander with enough melon and stollie will he become a "melonstollie baby?"  I've never tried Everclear.  My cousin, who boasted of his ability to handle that stuff, tried some Tennessee moonshine that I had received from a friend.  The moonshine outshone the Everclear.  That moonshine was pretty good stuff.  Wish I still had some.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:18 am »
Thats a story that made me ache with a bit of belly LOL 1ww ;)

Thanks for sharing and sheesh wish i was a lone male at that party LOL

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2012, 11:08:34 am »
It was a Riot Soma, You truly had too be there to see all the thing's that ensued shortly after the succulent melon balls were consumed...LOL And I happen too be the only male person there, there was one of our neighbor's that was a bachelor, and of legal age, knew my mother well, he had watched us when her work called her in, poor guy got Wolf-Whistled with every step he took, his name was Dwayne, also a Hippie era type of gut, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, etc. etc. Was always a "FUN" time having him sit us, taught me how to view thing's differently, so, felt real bad when the women of fleet Avon harassed him to the point of forcing melon balls with in his mouth, was hilarious, remember the sheer chagrin of agony as they surrounded him...LOL Was so funny, a night too remember and reflect on, times have changed, and thing's such as innocence is questionable, it was a hilarious mistake made by mother's perception of what was being said. LOL

Thanks for letting me share this story, have too remember, this was something on the fringes of abnesia, glad I read this posted thread...Good discussion thread!! ;)

1WW

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 12:40:32 pm »
That is a really funny story.  Thanks for sharing.

I can just imagine the conversation at the party also.  If it is anything like some all women parties my wife has been involved with, the topics discussed would make a lot of men blush!
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter