collapse

Author Topic: Worsening Weather, Earthquakes, Vortices, Volcanoes, CMEs ... What's Up?  (Read 124589 times)

bobathome

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
Goodnight Kiddo.   Linda

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
yet another piece has to be put to Entire Puzzle.  ;)
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

bobathome

yet another piece has to be put to Entire Puzzle.  ;)
yup,

well tech. should be galaxsum want :)

no offence.

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
yup,

well tech. should be galaxsum want :)

no offence.

Disease of Forests is real Climatic weapon, but not haarp  ;)

bobathome

Disease of Forests is real Climatic weapon, but not haarp  ;)

harp,,is an elf. period.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
And from that link

This fascinating conjecture

"In any event, we may have livid proof in front of our eyes of Cayce’s famous prediction about the shifting of the poles.  During the 1930’s he predicted, in answering questions about future changes which would impact humanity, that a shifting of the poles, or a new cycle would begin, in the years 2000/2001, eventually to culminate in catastrophic upheavals.

We are very close on Cayce’s schedule.  In fact, this current wobble cycle began in 1999/2000 and is closing or terminating abruptly leaving us hanging in mid-air so to speak, waiting for the outstretched ballerina of the Earth to regain her sense of balance after an ambitious leap…

which….

she may be unable to do….

This may be the beginning of an escalating slide, one which may take many more years, even a couple more decades, to fully play out.  I hope a couple more decades.  I am not ready. Are you?

Given the profound seriousness of all this I have spend the last several days pouring over my tables and graphs of polar motion, especially the circular plots. I have tried to compare them in a systematic way to come to a 100 year perspective.  This is not easily done and in fact is impossible without a deep dive into the attics of geophysics which are not on the Iway.  The data series is just not adequate.

I find it interesting that this scientist would even mention Cayce...... do you?   Linda

Linda,

I know this is off topic but it has been driving Me bananas.  I note that You highlight most of Your quotes in pink.  It is likely My screen, with its red snow (bad screen weather? [grin]), but I cannot tell the difference between the pink and the white. I can easily distinguish yellow, though...  (Trying to determine what is something You are saying from something You are quoting is the issue.)

Back to the weather.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

sky otter

we have been having very nasty storms here..but wow to this..3 feet of hail.. :o

Hail, flooding swamp cars in Colorado
More severe weather expected after 6 twisters also reported

By Miguel Llanos
msnbc.com
updated 6/7/2012 1:32:50 PM ET 2012-06-07T17:32:50
Denver and other parts of Colorado were told to expect a second straight day of extreme weather -- anything from tornadoes, hail and flooding -- after Wednesday storms that made for surreal scenes, including some cars swamped by hail and floodwater.

KOAA-TV
Hail and floodwaters swamped this vehicle in Colorado Springs Wednesday night. A rescuer is seen helping someone from the vehicle, in this video clip from NBC Affiliate KOAA-TV
Six tornadoes touched down across northeast Colorado on Wednesday, including one near Denver's airport, though none caused any damage.

But golf-ball sized hail punched holes in car windshields and combined with heavy rain to flood streets in Colorado Springs, where NBC affiliate KOAA-TV lost count of the numerous water rescues.

"Holy hail," was how KOAA-TV anchor Rob Quirk began his broadcast Wednesday night.

KOAA video showed a person being rescued from a car swamped by hail and water at an intersection near a mall, one of 10 rescues at that site alone.

By Thursday morning, floodwaters had receded but some areas of Colorado Springs, as well as some Denver suburbs, were still coated in compacted hail.

One area south of Denver had knee-deep hail still piled up in a ditch, NBC affiliate KUSA-TV reported.

"It looks just like winter," commented KUSA-TV anchor Gary Shapiro, "except the grass is green."

© 2012 msnbc.com Reprints

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47722386/

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
AMY.... I can put the quotes up and put it in italics. Would that be better? sorry you were having a hard time with the pink!  Linda

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
AMY.... I can put the quotes up and put it in italics. Would that be better? sorry you were having a hard time with the pink!  Linda

That would help greatly!  Not a problem overall.  [smile]

we have been having very nasty storms here..but wow to this..3 feet of hail.. :o

Yeah, I got a tweet that said Colorado was getting megaloads of hail.  Wow!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

sky otter

it continues
 ::)

Record rainfall inundates central Gulf coast
..PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — Record amounts of rain dropped on the central Gulf coast Saturday, causing what could be millions of dollars in flood damage in the Pensacola area alone with more rain on the way.

The National Weather Service said 13.11 inches fell on Pensacola over 24 hours by Saturday, coming close to the city's all-time record of 15.29 inches set in 1934.

The rain hit a lull by Saturday night, but NWS meteorologist Jason Beaman said they expected more showers and thunderstorms overnight and more intense rain again on Sunday and into Monday.

The Florida Panhandle's Escambia County declared a state of emergency. Sheriff David Morgan told the Pensacola News Journal that he estimated the damage around the county at around $20 million. The sheriff's department's central booking building was among the buildings flooded.

Emergency shelters were opened at a few local schools for people who were urged to evacuate from low-lying areas, the newspaper reported. Thousands were without power. Neighboring Santa Rosa County had about 40 homes flooded.

Streets were flooded throughout Mobile, Ala., which got 5.79 inches of rain. County authorities warned residents to stay off the roads until the waters receded and workers could look for damage and downed utilities.

http://news.yahoo.com/record-rainfall-inundates-central-gulf-coast-011317160.html

By Kristina Pydynowski, Senior Meteorologist
Jun 10, 2012; 12:51 PM 
Photo by Jorgen Udvang/Photos.com.
 The tropical downpours further soaking the central Gulf Coast today will continue to expand northward into Tuesday, eventually reaching the Northeast.

More drenching showers and thunderstorms will stream onto the central Gulf Coast through tonight, adding to the extreme rain totals that put Pensacola, Fla., and Mobile, Ala., Saturday.

Saturday is now Pensacola's second wettest day on record with a total of 13.13 inches. The 5.79 inches that soaked Mobile Saturday shattered the day's rainfall record of 1.39 inches from 1968.

Additional bouts of heavy rain that followed earlier this morning put roads under one to two feet of water near Covington, La., located just north of Lake Pontchartrain.

Flash flooding remains a serious concern throughout the central Gulf Coast into tonight as the drenching showers and thunderstorms persist. Low-lying and poor drainage areas and places along streams and rivers are most susceptible.

While avoiding flooding issues Saturday, New Orleans may not be so lucky as this weekend comes to a close.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/gulf-coast-flooding-downpours/66366

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
I have to tell ya Sky, we got over six inches in three days here near tampa, and it was the most wet week in years.

I cant even imagine 13 inches, wow!

I will say, my plants are perking up quite nicely though!

Hope you do ok with the deluge, and where is that thread about Noah's flood when ya need it?
Cheers!
Littleenki
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Caver78

• Gold 13
for no particular reason.....

is there a way to correlate some of these storms geographically to see if what's going on with the earth's core is attracting them to specific spots? Or at least magnifying their intensity?

One pattern I noticed is the counterclockwise motion. In extremely simplistic terms [I'm a twit] it's a bringing in of energy from the atmosphere. It would seem to me, something would also have to be ''pulling'' from ground level as well.

Maybe it's possible by looking at the fields in flux of the earths core to begin predicting ''hot spots'' of nasty weather?

....lol...go easy on me....I'm a self admitted noob an uneducated goof!

sky otter

yikes... ::)

Greenland Ice Melt, Measured By NASA Satellites, Reaches Unprecedented Level
Posted: 07/24/2012 2:07 pm Updated: 07/24/2012 5:56 pm

Unprecedented melting of Greenland's ice sheet this month has stunned NASA scientists and has highlighted broader concerns that the region is losing a remarkable amount of ice overall.

According to a NASA press release, about half of Greenland's surface ice sheet naturally melts during an average summer. But the data from three independent satellites this July, analyzed by NASA and university scientists, showed that in less than a week, the amount of thawed ice sheet surface skyrocketed from 40 percent to 97 percent.

In over 30 years of observations, satellites have never measured this amount of melting, which reaches nearly all of Greenland's surface ice cover.

When Son Nghiem of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory observed the recent melting phenomenon, he said in the NASA press release, "This was so extraordinary that at first I questioned the result: Was this real or was it due to a data error?"

Scientists at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, University of Georgia-Athens and City University of New York all confirmed the remarkable ice melt.

NASA's cryosphere program manager, Tom Wagner, credited the power of satellites for observing the melt and explained to The Huffington Post that, although this specific event may be part of a natural variation, "We have abundant evidence that Greenland is losing ice, probably because of global warming, and it's significantly contributing to sea level rise."

Wagner said that ice is clearly thinning around the periphery, changing Greenland's overall ice mass, and he believes this is primarily due to warming ocean waters "eating away at the ice." He cautiously added, "It seems likely that's correlated with anthropogenic warming."

This specific extreme melt occurred in large part due to an unusual weather pattern over Greenland this year, what the NASA press release describes as a series of "heat domes," or an "unusually strong ridge of warm air."

Notable melting occurred in specific regions of Greenland, such as the area around Summit Station, located two miles above sea level. Not since 1889 has this kind of melting occurred, according to ice core analysis described in NASA's press release.

Goddard glaciologist Lora Koenig said that similar melting events occur about every 150 years, and this event is consistent with that schedule, citing the previous 1889 melt. But, she added, "if we continue to observe melting events like this in upcoming years, it will be worrisome."

"One of the big questions is 'What's happening in the Arctic in general?'" Wagner said to HuffPost.

Just last week, another unusual event occurred in the region: the calving of an iceberg twice the size of Manhattan from Greenland's Petermann Glacier.

Over the past few months, separate studies have emerged that suggest humans are playing a "dominant role" in ocean warming, and that specific regions of the world, such as the U.S. East Coast, are increasingly vulnerable to sea level rise.

Wagner explained that in recent years, studies have observed thinning sea ice and "dramatic" overall changes. He was clear, "We don’t want to lose sight of the fact that Greenland is losing a tremendous amount of ice overall."

NASA CAPTION: Extent of surface melt over Greenland’s ice sheet on July 8 (left) and July 12 (right). Measurements from three satellites showed that on July 8, about 40 percent of the ice sheet had undergone thawing at or near the surface. In just a few days, the melting had dramatically accelerated and an estimated 97 percent of the ice sheet surface had thawed by July 12. In the image, the areas classified as “probable melt” (light pink) correspond to those sites where at least one satellite detected surface melting. The areas classified as “melt” (dark pink) correspond to sites where two or three satellites detected surface melting. The satellites are measuring different physical properties at different scales and are passing over Greenland at different times. As a whole, they provide a picture of an extreme melt event about which scientists are very confident. Credit: Nicolo E. DiGirolamo, SSAI/NASA GSFC, and Jesse Allen, NASA Earth Observatory

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/greenland-ice-melt-nasa_n_1698129.html

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]