collapse

Author Topic: Worsening Weather, Earthquakes, Vortices, Volcanoes, CMEs ... What's Up?  (Read 124640 times)

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
Re: Worsening Weather, Earthquakes, Vortices, Volcanoes, CMEs ... What's Up?
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2017, 04:25:38 pm »
That's a good one. Mind if I use that?

By all means.  8)
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2017, 04:41:50 pm »
It's common knowledge that the planet is actively "growing".
Is it really growing? How much the Earth's diameter grows each year?

The inflexibility of your thinking is really starting to piss me off.
What inflexibility? The fact that I think that the growing Earth theory (if we can call it that, as I haven't see an explanation of the process) is without merit?

Do you do it on purpose?

Wait, we've had this f***ing discussion before. Yes, you do.
I wasn't talking to you and you are the one complaining about my "inflexibility", so if anyone did any thing on purpose it was you. If you don't like my opinions, though, I am as entitled to them as anyone else.

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2017, 04:47:57 pm »
micjer,

Regarding that person, I have a low tolerance for inflexible thinking. It is the kind of small-mindedness best left to the Vatican.

You do put a smile on my face Irene, thank you.
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2017, 04:58:28 pm »

Do your research. Start with the Island of Hawaii. Two volcanoes have been adding real estate to that chain for decades. The other islands, now inactive and having been formed by the static vent under that area, have been moving northwest over millions of years.

Now what would that be?

Next -

sub·duc·tion
[s?b?d?kSH?n]
NOUN

geology
    the sideways and downward movement of the edge of a plate of the earth's crust into the mantle beneath another plate.

Say it with me now, s h r i n k a g e .

Growth + Shrinkage = Variations in the size of the planet.

Edited by author to remove insults.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:39:14 pm by Irene »
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #244 on: March 06, 2017, 05:07:42 pm »
How much the Earth's diameter grows each year?

ArMaP - One scientific answer to your question could very well be:

"The specific growth of the Earth each year is directly relative to the sum total size and weight of the amount of POOP that is deposited upon it", plus the size and weight of the cadavers and ashes of dead HUmons (and all other surface beings) also deposited on and in the Earth's surface!!!!   ;)   ;D

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2017, 05:38:27 pm »
So if the earth's core has heated up then the conclusion that it also has expanded could be reached.
Probably, but the expansion of most materials (metals included) is limited to a few percent, and for the Earth to keep on expanding it would need to keep on heating more and more, right?

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2017, 05:44:04 pm »
Growth + Shrinkage = Variations in the size of the GD planet.
Local growth and local shrinkage, not global growth, like in the video.

When you have a pimple do you say you are growing?

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2017, 06:46:35 pm »
Why would the earth have 30 percent land in one section and the balance be ocean before continental drift started?  Seems lopsided.

Wouldn't it make more sense that a crust formed world wide and then water was formed from oxygen and hydrogen as the atmosphere cooled, which in turn created lakes in land depressions.

Where I live, is 500 feet above sea level. Also 300 feet above closest lake lake level. Yet beneath the topsoil is 20 feet of sedimentary rock which was formed by an ancient sea bed.  You can see shell fossils in the rock.

NASA says the Universe is expanding, so why can't the earth?  ArMaP makes a good point in regards to where does the increase in mass / matter come from.  But the same can be said for the Universe.

Mass addition[edit]
In 1888 Ivan Osipovich Yarkovsky suggested that some sort of aether is absorbed within Earth and transformed into new chemical elements, forcing the celestial bodies to expand. This was connected with his mechanical explanation of gravitation.[6] Also the theses of Ott Christoph Hilgenberg (1933, 1974)[7][8] and Nikola Tesla (1935)[9] were based on absorption and transformation of aether-energy into normal matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_Earth

The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2017, 06:50:22 pm »
Neal Adams wrote the following.....

MY ANSWERS IN CAPS.Dear Mr Adams,
1. What do you consider the strongest proof for a growing earth?
A. SIZE OF DINOSAURS.B. DIFFERENTIATED LIGHTER  MOLTEN GRANITIC CRUST THAT COATED THE WHOLE EARTH. NOW SHATTERED INTO PIECES BY A SPREADING UNDER CRUST.  C. LACK OF FISH FOSSILS IN THE DEEP OCEANS OLDER THAN 70 MYOLD.  D. LONGER DAY.  E. LONGER YEAR.
F.   SHALLOW SEAS COVERING 2/3'S OF THE CONTINENTAL PLATE MAKING SEA LEVEL OVER 700 FEET DEEPER THAN TODAY.  G. TWICE THE NUMBER OF FRESH FISH FAMILIES THAN SALT WATER FISH FAMILIES.  H.  NO MOUNTAINS OLDER THAN 60 MYOLD. I. ALL SUNS GROW.  J. JUPITER HAS BECOME THE INNER PLANETS METEORITE UMBRELLA. K. THE MOON IS MOVING AWAY FROM THE EARTH. IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS THE SOLAR SYSTEM IS GROWING. L. THE UNIVERSE CAN'T BE EXPANDING. THERE IS NO SUCH PHYSICAL CONCEPT. IT MUST BE GROWING. M. THE UNIVERSE ONCE HAD NO MATTER!  N. I DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC.

Picking up on the Dinosaur subject.  Wouldn't it make sense that gravity was weaker when they existed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:57:52 pm by micjer »
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2017, 07:48:46 pm »

I do not know I have no way to measure such growth and I don't know if anyone is doing that :P But it would certainly fit the hollow earth theory :P  I personally don't think it is hollow, just filled with chambers like Swiss Cheese. Jule's Verne's book shows the interconnected caverns concept, not a full hollow earth. And we are finding more and more huge caverns these days, like the Crystal cave in Mexico that has crystals the same relative size Jules Verne sketched in his book in the 1800's

What inflexibility?

Sometime not everything needs to be debunked. Don't forget that Pegasus was created to explore OUTSIDE the box. people come here to discuss the possible ALTERNATIVE answers to what they experience and are not seeking the 'normal' explanations that are so easily offered by skeptics and those who have NOT experiences the things being discussed.

::)

The fact that I think that the growing Earth theory (if we can call it that, as I haven't see an explanation of the process) is without merit?

Well here is the thing... if you haven't seen an explanation of the theory, how can you know the theory has no merit?  Would you not need to actually see the theory to make a fair accessment of it before deciding it has no merit?

I personally like this explanation  as it fits :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2017, 07:52:44 pm »
Picking up on the Dinosaur subject.  Wouldn't it make sense that gravity was weaker when they existed.

The lower gravity in ancient time has not only been brought up regarding dinosaurs, but also in building the gigantic megaliths in the past, stones moved that are so huge we cannot move them today with modern technology and yet we are to believe the ancients did it with ropes and slaves :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2017, 08:02:08 pm »
So...  Where did all the water come from?

Well the Bible say God made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights :P

But there is something else that we over look.   back in the days of Ancient Egypt people in Egypt, Greece and Rome ran around almost naked, wearing just light clothing and mostly bare skinned... You can see it in the Egyptian tomb paintings

yet today we know if your exposed to the sun for a long time you FRY  literally  And even Arabs living in the desert now cover up completely in heavy cotton robes

So what changed?

What IF the Earth at that time had cloud cover like venus?  They could not see the stars because it was cloudy... they did not get sunburn because it was cloudy... and they had longer lives because the couds kept the radiation from space to a minimum...

Then something happened... a cataclysm (more on that soon) that is recorded sporatically (and out of time sequence) in all the old texts..

So the firmament opened and now you could see the stars, the clouds dumped their water and created floods... after that the space radiation shortened lifespans, which are slowly getting longer as we adapt to the radiation levels

And today the water is slowly draining into the hollow cavities of the earth.  If the expansion theory has any merit, it will mean that soon the surface will dry up as all the water seeps into the caverns.

national Geographic already showed us an ocean under ground the size of the Arctic ocean  800 MILES below the surface

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2017, 08:03:20 pm »

Perhaps you could make that a research project :P Then you would be able to present a better opinin based on evidence collected  be it for or against

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2017, 07:10:03 am »
No, because although the big dinosaurs are the most famous, there were also small dinosaurs. For example, in the Jurassic there was the 10 metres long Saurophaganax and the 25 centimetres Epidexipteryx.

Also, the bone structure of the heavier dinosaurs is consistent with them weighing as much then as now.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2017, 02:51:27 pm »
Sometime not everything needs to be debunked.
True.

Don't forget that Pegasus was created to explore OUTSIDE the box. people come here to discuss the possible ALTERNATIVE answers to what they experience and are not seeking the 'normal' explanations that are so easily offered by skeptics and those who have NOT experiences the things being discussed.

No, I don't forget that, but that has nothing to do with inflexibility. Inflexibility would be me ignoring facts pointing that one alternative theory was right and keep on denying the possibility of it being true.

Well here is the thing... if you haven't seen an explanation of the theory, how can you know the theory has no merit?  Would you not need to actually see the theory to make a fair accessment of it before deciding it has no merit?
That's true, I should have said that the video is without merit, as it doesn't present any hypothesis or theory, it just presents their alternative ideas as facts, even saying that something else is impossible.

I personally like this explanation  as it fits :P
Fits what? ???

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56