collapse

Author Topic: undo's healthy research  (Read 11231 times)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: undo's healthy research
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 04:39:30 pm »
One word of caution, sometimes the farmed fish is not good, as they
sometimes feed them dog food, and this sometimes is from china with toxic yuk.
One of the few things I miss from the time I went to the beach (I haven't gone to the beach for more than 20 years) is to see the fishermen going out on their small row boats (with some 8 men in them), spread the net, return to land and pull the net by hand with the help of their families. Then they usually sold the fish right there (I suppose they still do) to anyone that wanted to buy it.

That's what I call fresh fish. :)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 04:45:32 pm »
Heal Yourself 101. - Markus Rothkranz' book.  Markus is 50, and looks 35.

I read this:
Man is the only creature on the planet that cooks his food and the only creature that
gets cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, leukemia, bla bla bla.  The only
animals that get those diseases are ones fed by man.

And stopped there.

PS: he should never have used a beard, it made him look older. :)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 12:00:15 am »
I read this:
And stopped there.

PS: he should never have used a beard, it made him look older. :)

Your atheism is showing. ;)

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/hijackingterms.php

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeptic:-

In classical philosophy, skepticism refers to the teachings and the traits of the 'Skeptikoi', a school of philosophers of whom it was said that they 'asserted nothing but only opined.' (Liddell and Scott) In this sense, philosophical skepticism, or Pyrrhonism, is the philosophical position that one should suspend judgment in investigations.[1]

(Emphasis mine)

Skepticism is commendable, and I encourage it.  Pseudoskepticism, however, is not. ;)
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:59 am »
Your atheism is showing. ;)
It's not supposed to be hidden. :)

Skepticism is commendable, and I encourage it.  Pseudoskepticism, however, is not. ;)
So, where do you think I acted like a pseudosceptic?

Was it because I found an error on what that guy says and so I thought it was not worth my time reading something written by someone that starts by presenting wrong information?

sky otter

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 08:12:41 am »

no one into energy healing, huh?

oh well....... :-X

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:52 am »
It's not supposed to be hidden. :)
So, where do you think I acted like a pseudosceptic?

Was it because I found an error on what that guy says and so I thought it was not worth my time reading something written by someone that starts by presenting wrong information?

It's up to you, but personally, I don't immediately stop reading something the moment I come across the first piece of false information.  The third or fourth, maybe yes; by that point I'm at least starting to lose interest.  However, I've come across far too many sources of valuable information before, who still got a couple of things wrong, for me to do that now.

Also, even though we know about other animals that can get cancer, I think if you look into it, you'll tend to find that those are usually domesticated animals which have been fed on a Western, human diet.  That's not to say that cancer never happened in the ancient world either, but it did so with maybe 5-10% of the rate of frequency that it does now.  So Markus isn't exactly right, you could say; but I don't view him as being entirely wrong either.  He made a generalisation, and generalisations are usually problematic; but it is an idea with a certain amount of truth in it.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:03 am »

no one into energy healing, huh?

oh well....... :-X

I am a little, Otter.  My father wasn't formally trained, but he was practicing massage for a while, and was said to have "warm hands."  I also learned to do some minor aetheric transfer through my hands, as part of some of the informal magick stuff a friend of mine and I did back in 2007.  I don't claim to have worked miracles with it; but I used to find when I was smoking marijuana in particular, I'd develop a strong heat buildup internally, and while I was stoned I was able to consciously direct said heat, and move it out of my body gradually.  I found that marijuana and LSD made doing such things easier, mainly because they allowed me to bypass the usual default level of background fear which is normal for me, in my more usual state.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »
It's up to you, but personally, I don't immediately stop reading something the moment I come across the first piece of false information.
If I found something that I know is not true presented as such, it means two things: he was either wrong about something he should know or he is lying.

Either results in something that I cannot trust, so I don't spend my time reading it.

Also, even though we know about other animals that can get cancer, I think if you look into it, you'll tend to find that those are usually domesticated animals which have been fed on a Western, human diet.
No, all animals get cancer, but it's true that human intervention (mostly pollution) helps cancer to be more frequent than it would naturally be.

The same happens with the other diseases he talks about, they exist in wild animals but are more common in animals that do not eat what they naturally would (like vegetarians do ;) ).

That's not to say that cancer never happened in the ancient world either, but it did so with maybe 5-10% of the rate of frequency that it does now.
Where did you get that 5-10%?

So Markus isn't exactly right, you could say; but I don't view him as being entirely wrong either.  He made a generalisation, and generalisations are usually problematic; but it is an idea with a certain amount of truth in it.
Generalisations are usually used to hide the truth. I don't like that.

Now, why did you saw my opinion as pseudosceptical?

sky otter

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 08:47:01 pm »

Undo..if you feel this is taking the wrong turn from your stuff.. maybe you could split it and remove it from here..

I am a little, Otter.  My father wasn't formally trained, but he was practicing massage for a while, and was said to have "warm hands."  I also learned to do some minor aetheric transfer through my hands, as part of some of the informal magick stuff a friend of mine and I did back in 2007.  I don't claim to have worked miracles with it; but I used to find when I was smoking marijuana in particular, I'd develop a strong heat buildup internally, and while I was stoned I was able to consciously direct said heat, and move it out of my body gradually.  I found that marijuana and LSD made doing such things easier, mainly because they allowed me to bypass the usual default level of background fear which is normal for me, in my more usual state.

well petz r 4 us.. you went to those things for the very reason i didn't..
i could always trip out so easily without aids that i was afraid if i ever did use em i might
 never get back, kinda still feel that way...although the fear of it is mostly gone

if you get the frame of mind to spend time  on the vid i posted you will probably get some good laughs
but also a very good bunch of info too
the best advice for any of it is
1. have no fear
2. have no expectations  of outcome
and
3.  we all do it automatically in degrees

when i was first aware of the transfer of energy, i thought it was mostly empathy
 so i started my journey of exploring many of the disiplines..
and i found many useful things and many that made no sense to me
and came away with my own way of doing stuff..to see eric pearl express 
most of what i deduced for myself was a real kick.

to me magic is when we use our real talents and i feel that sadly it has been bound
to ritual by those who think they are in control of what  they teach

the only real lesson is to become fear~less..then you recognize how powerful we really truly are
to most that is the scariest part because as one guy said
with great power comes great responsibility...
few can handle it

Undo, i hope i haven't drifted to far from the main idea
i have planted every herb i could find with the idea of using them medicinally..they surround the house and property..sadly i have only used a few..but man my book collection on plants is still growing so there is hope that i will make use of all that written info someday

8)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »
nah it's fine, sky.  i think it's all very interesting.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

sky otter

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 10:31:57 pm »

;D..thanks
well if you're ok with it maybe i can repete this question for you..i would be interested to hear what your thoughts are

do you have any thoughts on the mind being involved  and the psycholology of certain body parts telling a story
i.e. Louise Hay ..
Acne   possible cause:            not accepting the self. dislike of self
           new thought pattern:  I am divine expression of life.   i love and accept myself
                                               where i am right now.

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 11:29:03 pm »
well not exactly, but i do believe we can effect our health by our emotions.  i'm thinking we are genetically predisposed to certain conditions that will surface more readily if we are stressed out or eating incorrectly or ingesting substances that accentuate the underlying genetic problems.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 02:34:47 am »
So.. if we eat a bug and think this is a strong placebo that causes cancer.. we will die from cancer?

Poor smokers.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 03:15:22 am »
So.. if we eat a bug and think this is a strong placebo that causes cancer.. we will die from cancer?

WOW Look what the cat dragged in :P Where the hell you been? On Venus? You better have pictures

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 06:46:11 am »
well not exactly, but i do believe we can effect our health by our emotions.
A person from my family, many years ago, died in a freezing room (or whatever those room-sized freezers are called) when there was no reason for it, as it was not working.

Doctors concluded that he was convinced that he was going to freeze to death and stopped living.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter