collapse

Author Topic: The Day Before Roswell  (Read 44236 times)

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
Re: The Day Before Roswell
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 11:46:24 pm »

Several interesting names and dates here:

I wonder how the "talk" at the Lyons club went?  ;D

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:29:41 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 11:48:33 pm »

lme7898354 posted on 23-4-2011

For me the proof of something gone arye is the fact that after the crash at Roswell, ATT labs suddenly comes up with the invention of the transistor. I am an electronic technician and for my it is a far cry to go from the idea of vaccuum technology to using a device based on silicon sand as the basis for operation. That would be about the same as going from horse and buggy technology to have flying cars. I really makes you wonder.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:30:02 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 11:50:04 pm »

posted on 23-4-2011     

Originally posted by lme7898354

For me the proof of something gone arye is the fact that after the crash at Roswell, ATT labs suddenly comes up with the invention of the transistor. I am an electronic technician and for my it is a far cry to go from the idea of vaccuum technology to using a device based on silicon sand as the basis for operation. That would be about the same as going from horse and buggy technology to have flying cars. I really makes you wonder.

Yes those of us involved with the electronics field are more acutely aware of what the "state of the art" was in various time periods than most. And having disc- shaped craft with no aerodynamic features that can go 15,000 mph and cut corners on a dime was simply not possible for any earthly technology in 1947 (or even today).

As I understand it, of the 2 men credited with the invention of the transistor, one of which was still alive after Colonel Corso published his book, The Day After Roswell.

When questioned about his invention in relation to Corso's statement, he replied "Actually we had some help on that one."

I have not seen any follow- up reports on this cryptic statement.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:30:30 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 12:15:26 am »

posted on 23-4-2011   

June 28 1947 - Montgomery, Alabama - 9:20 p.m. CST

USAF FILES

Maxwell Air Base - Four Army Air Corps officers including 2 pilots and 2 intelligence officers, watched a strangely maneuvering light over the base.

Captain William H. Kayko, Captain John H. Cantrell, First Lt. Theodore Dewey, and Captain Redman watched the bright light for 25 minutes. It was first seen to the west, close to the horizon, in the clear moonlight.

It approached the observers in a jagged, zigzagging course, with frequent bursts of speed.

In five minutes the light had approached to a point directly overhead, and the four officers reported that it then made a sharp, sudden 90° turn toward the south...
they heard no noise.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:30:55 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 12:17:40 am »

posted on 23-4-2011

July 2 1947 - Cincinnati, Ohio - 8:00 P.M. EST

CINCINNATI POST (Ohio) 7/7
COLUMBUS CITIZEN (Ohio) 7/7
CINCINNATI ENQUIRER (Ohio) 7/8

Over a hundred spectators at an amateur ball game in Cincinnati saw two of 'the discs' move slowly over the field on the evening of July 2nd.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:31:18 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 12:21:07 am »

posted on 23-4-2011     

July 4 1947 - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2:50 p.m. MST

SEATTLE POST INTELLIGENCER (Washington) 7/5
AP in many papers for 7/5

A. E. Mitchell, of Goose Creek, Texas, was visiting relatives in Twin Falls when, during a July 4th outing at Twin Falls Park, seven miles east of the city, he was one of seven persons who reported seeing a group of disc—like objects in a rough V-formation flying overhead to the west.

They were flying high and at great speed, Mitchell reported.

About ten minutes later, Mitchell and a group of others, now totaling more than twenty, saw a second flight of nine or ten objects circling overhead in a loose formation. The objects gained altitude rapidly and, when almost out of sight, were seen proceeding westward.

All the witnesses agreed that the objects were not in any well—defined formation while climbing.

At 3:10 p.m., with a sizeable crowd of now nearly sixty persons peering skywards, a third group was seen circling and climbing.
Mitchell reported that "I distinctly counted 18 before they climbed so high only two or three could be seen."

He said that these objects too, were last seen moving westward, putting on a burst of speed as they departed.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:31:49 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 12:22:19 am »

posted on 23-4-2011 @ 06:52 PM     this post   

July 1 - Dallas, Texas - 12:45 P.M CST

OREGON JOURNAL (Portland) 7/3

Tom Dean, traveling between Dallas and Fort Worth said he and his wife and daughter saw a disc-shaped object "going like blue blazes from northeast to southwest at cloud level."

Dean recounted that it resembled a flattened—out balloon as it zoomed by in a matter of only fifteen seconds.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:32:19 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 12:25:34 am »

July 4 - Lake City, Washington - 5:30 P.M. PST

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER (Washington) 7/5
SEATTLE TIMES (Washington) 7/5
AP & UP in nearly all papers, 7/5
USAF Files

Coast Guardsman Snaps Photo of Flying Saucer

Alerted by a group of neighbors who had spotted a disc-like object approaching the northern Seattle suburb from the south, Yeoman Frank Ryman, of the Coast Guard Press Information office in Seattle, dashed into his house and grabbed his Speed Graphic camera.

Before taking the photo he had a chance to view the disc through binoculars and estimated it to be traveling northward at about 10,000 feet —— somewhere around 500 miles per hour.

Ryman said that the object was in sight for four or five minutes and was observed by at least 20 others in the neighborhood with Ryman as he lowered his field glasses and replaced them with a camera.

He waited until the disc was directly overhead before taking a photograph...

It was flashing silver in the sun, about one-tenth the apparent size of a full moon," he reported later.

He said the gleaming disc appeared to change course slightly in its northern flight. "As the object hurtled through the sky," he said, "it seemed brighter at certain times than at others. I believe it was the way the sun hit it."

He heard no noise, no sound of engines.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 12:28:13 am »

July 4 1947 - Greenwood Lake, Washington - 5:30 P.M. PST

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER (Washington) 7/8

At the residential area of Greenwood Lake in north Seattle, Washington Mr. Larson sighted a -
round white object descend vertically, then make a 90° turn and proceed horizontally flying toward the south.

Two more people at the nearby University of Washington campus also saw the object:

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 12:29:28 am »
posted on 23-4-2011

July 4 1947 - Boise, Idaho - 6:30 P.M. MST

BOISE DAILY STATESMAN (Idaho) 7/5
SAN FRANCISCO NEWS (UP, Boise) (California) 7/5
CINCINNATI POST (UP, Seattle) (Ohio) 7/5
CLEVELAND PRESS (UP) (Ohio) 7/5
DETROIT FREE PRESS (UP) (Michigan) 7/5
BOSTON TRAVELER (Massachusetts) 7/5
WINDSOR DAILY STAR (Ontario) 7/5

Newsman and Wife See Idaho Discs

John Corlett, manager of the Idaho United Press and a fifteen-year veteran reporter, who was sitting in his garden with his wife and two friends, reported that they had seen a single disc—like object which crossed the sky in a matter of three or four seconds.

Mr. Corlett reported: "Before dark last night, as my wife and I and two friends were relaxing after dinner, a tiny white disc — one of the mysterious 'saucers' — scudded across the sky at a terrific speed.

In just about the time it takes to turn your head, the silver object was nearly out of sight.

Both my wife and I and our guests, Mr. and Mrs. V. H. Selby, caught a glimpse of the tiny object. There was no noise —— absolutely none that we could hear, either before or after the disc shot by.

At one point in its progress the disc was almost overhead.

Until last night, I didn't believe in them. But now I know those 'saucers' aren't just a myth, part of someone's imagination.

It took seeing them with my own eyes to believe it."

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 12:31:07 am »
posted on 23-4-2011

July 5 1947 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 11:30 A.M. EST

NUFORC Sighting Report

Six craft observed that brought people out of their homes to look up.

I was 13 years of age. It was a very clear Saturday morning in the Olney section of Philadelphia, Pa. I am sure it was Saturday because people were taking groceries from their cars.

We were playing a childhood game called wireball that involved throwing a tennis ball at the power line wires. As I reared back to throw the ball, I saw something flash in the sky and stopped to get a better look. The object that I saw was round, flat, very shiny (like polished aluminum) and proceeded in a southwesterly direction.

"A flying saucer," I yelled." The other kids all looked up and one of them said, "Where?" I pointed up and said, "There." Then he pointed and said, "I see it." I said, "Not there... There!" But when I looked at where he was pointing, there was another one. Well, we counted a total of six saucers. All were very high and flying in the same direction with no apparent formation.

As they flew they would turn over slowly so that you would see them edgewise and they would occassionaly shoot off to the right or left but would maintain their southwesterly course.

We created such a clamour that people came out of their homes and looked up. I feel sure that at least twenty people must have seen these craft.

I learned very quickly shortly after this happening that you didn't speak of this to anyone that wasn't there that day. If you did you were immediately dubbed "the kid that saw the little green men from Mars".

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 12:32:13 am »
posted on 24-4-2011

Daily headlines and now this.
It looks like it was getting so you couldn't even go for groceries without seeing the flying saucers.

No wonder the Colonel from A-2 Division had to present 'a talk to counteract the growing hysteria towards flying discs'.

I would love to hear that one!

But obviously 'the hysteria' was growing... enough to the point where it was noted in the base log book.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 12:34:06 am »
posted on 24-4-2011

I think at this point we have reached the crux of the biscuit.

Once the origin of the saucers was determined via the recovered craft and crew in New Mexico, the "reasonable justification" (i.e. public "hysteria") for the beginning and official creation of a TS government branch to deal with the situation now in their hands was duly noted and action taken.

Hysteria was thick and getting worse every day. Obviously the public was not ready to handle news of this magnitude. So... 'at least for now...' it was deemed necessary hide the news (and hardware) at all costs.
The potential military advantages and implications alone made this worth hiding.

Also current religion would have been vaporized by this revelation. And there is no denying that religion continues to play a huge role even in the struggles of today's world. This majority population was, and continues to be a consideration.

Has 'the public' changed so much since then and are now ready for this information? I think the range of comments you see posted in various forums on the net answers that question.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 12:35:05 am »
posted on 24-4-2011

June 24 1947 - Joliet, Illinois - 1:50 P.M. CST

CHICAGO TIMES (Illinois) 6/27

Railroad engineer Charles Kastl saw a peculiar formation of nine flat, circular objects "going faster than any planes I ever saw” in a stretched out line formation at about 4,000 feet flying north to south.

"I could see no connecting link between them," Kastl reported, "but they acted as though the leading disc had a motor in it to power the others, because when it flipped, the others would, too. When it would right itself, the others would right themselves."

When asked by newsmen if he had been drinking, he answered sternly, "I was on my way to work, and you know a railroad man never touches the stuff on or before duty hours."

His friends and neighbors all agreed that Kastl was not the sort of man given to telling tall stories.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 12:36:18 am »
posted on 24-4-2011

June 24 1947 - Richland, Washington - 2:30 P.M. PST

RICHLAND VILLAGER (Washington) 7/3

Flying Disks Are Seen Here

Leo Bernier reported several silvery-shaped discs high in the sky heading west by southwest.

He stated they were traveling as fast as a P-38 fighter or about 400 miles per hour, and also

"I believe it may be a visitor from another planet."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]