collapse

Author Topic: Wildfires  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
Wildfires
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »
Colorado is being hit hard with wildfires, along with other western states.  Space Command is going to send in C-130s to drop retardant for the Waldo Canyon fire.  We really need some rain around here.  I-25 is having rear end collisions down by Colo Springs due to rubbernecking.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
Re: Wildfires
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:12:06 am »
to use retardants has been bad idea: poisoning of Soil & Water is good method to fuel new wildfires.
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:15:39 am »
Colorado is being hit hard with wildfires, along with other western states.  Space Command is going to send in C-130s to drop retardant for the Waldo Canyon fire.  We really need some rain around here.  I-25 is having rear end collisions down by Colo Springs due to rubbernecking.

Shasta

florida has your rain. it has rained every day for over 2 weeks now, and not just once a day but off and on, all day long.  it's like a very gentle monsoon.  we need to reroute water when it's overly abundant and other states don't have enough.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Iamschist

• Regular Members
  • Gold 34
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 04:41:25 pm »
"This is the worst fire season in the history of Colorado," he said during the conference.
The City of Colorado Springs has issued a map on the mandatory evacuation areas. (Click on photos for expanded view)

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/1584/20120627/colorado-fires-2012-maps-satellite-photos-waldo-canyon-high-park-flag-staff-wildfires.htm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There are several maps on that web page showing the areas being evacuated.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:01:46 pm by Iamschist »

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 06:48:10 pm »
I've been feeling bad for Florida and wishing we had something in place to reallocate that water.  It would make sense, so I don't expect it to happen.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:03 am »
God forbid they use haarp to save the forests and folks there with you, shasta!
Best wishes for you and your fellow coloradans.
Like the crackhed rappers say...make it rain!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline SarK0Y

• Gold 37
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 01:14:23 pm »
God forbid they use haarp to save the forests

Littleenki, haarp is too overestimated :) chemical &, especially, biological weapon has been much more useful to change Climate than haarp - like stuff ever can do.

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 01:23:43 pm »
florida has your rain. it has rained every day for over 2 weeks now, and not just once a day but off and on, all day long.  it's like a very gentle monsoon.  we need to reroute water when it's overly abundant and other states don't have enough.
If i keeps up you will finish up as green as our fertile land.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:32 pm »
God forbid they use haarp to save the forests and folks there with you, shasta!

As SarKoy says HAARP gets blamed for everything and HAARP can do everything LOL

How come no one ever picks u\on the rest of the similar facilities around the world? I even made a mega thread about it

But one day, when the Earths's magnetic shield falters and HAARP comes to save the day with what it can REALLY so... you HAARPIES will sing a different tune

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:36:42 pm »
haarp is too overestimated

Hey can you get me some photos of SURA?  Seems its still fuzzy on Google Earth :D

{{for those in the know, that is the Russian HAARP, built 10 years before ours :D}}

Offline SarK0Y

• Gold 37
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »
Hey can you get me some photos of SURA?  Seems its still fuzzy on Google Earth :D

{{for those in the know, that is the Russian HAARP, built 10 years before ours :D}}
Amicus, my hands t :o short to reach out there  :) Ancient Brothers carefully have watched after their lovely stuff. Anyway, SURA ain't among most curious objects  ::)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:06:20 pm »
Anyway, SURA ain't among most curious objects  ::)

That may be true, it is old  but I don't have a lot of access to Russia :P

Now if I could afford to fly over and drive around I have a list of interesting places I would like to snoop...  errr look around

Just need to know whether my German passport or my Canadian passport would be safer than an American one :D

Offline SarK0Y

• Gold 37
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 05:04:23 pm »
Amicus, stick together with these guys (http://lah.ru/), they're quite enough insane to shake out something what'd be better off to leave alone  :) admin<<?>>lah.ru if ye will show'em own usefulness, they'll take you in a new expedition or, at least, will give some worthy info. anyway, i'm skeptical to be sneaking around about hi-tech ancient toys because to deal with all that stuff cannot give new techs at all  :) it's hella like dark-aggy dude'd stumble against aircraft remnants.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 05:07:08 pm »
Amicus, stick together with these guys (http://lah.ru/), they're quite enough insane to shake out something what'd be better off to leave alone  :)

Thanks will check them out :D

ETA Oh yeah those guys  Yeah they had those Hobbit Houses   Yeah those guys are great. I better brush up on my Russian

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:25:49 pm by zorgon »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 09:37:34 am »

Greetings:

It's been being done for over 50 years.

China To Increase Weather Manipulation Program Started in 1958...

And this report is merely the tip of the Titanic iceberg.

Heck, we were doing it in the Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia TOA... must be someone out there that remembers Project Popeye - did you ever have dry socks?

A pilot program known as Project Popeye conducted in 1966 attempted to extend the monsoon season in order to increase the amount of mud on the Ho Chi Minh trail thereby reducing enemy movements. 

A silver iodide nuclei agent was dispersed from WC-130, F4 and A-1E aircraft into the clouds over portions of the trail winding from North Vietnam through Laos and Cambodia into South Vietnam. 

Positive results during this initial program led to continued operations from 1967 to 1972.

While the effects of this program remain disputed, some scientists believe it resulted in a significant reduction in the enemy’s ability to bring supplies into South Vietnam along the trail.

E. M. Frisby, “Weather-modification in Southeast Asia, 1966–1972,” The Journal of Weather-modification 14, no. 1 (April 1982): 1—3.

Re: North Florida underwater

We wust returned from St. Marks and all points east of there in a line along Hwy. 90 through Live Oak to Jacksonville... the First Responder fireman thing... not near as much tree damage as the media would have you believe... but a lot of places still underwater and more hazardous, many roads still have over two feet of water in the low spots, making access impossible to regular vehicles.

We were in my high-water Jeep Cherokee (8" lift on 33x12.50's), fuel injection, etc.) so had no problems - never used 4WD the whole time there.

All folks evacuated that needed to be, no fires due to electrical equipment malfunctioning underwater, no gas leaks - we got out of it pretty good, except for all the water damage.

Better than Out West, where it is near impossible conditions to fight a fire, much less consider containment in the near future... one can only pray for rain, because it doesn't appear that the UDGOV will assist, as it would tip their hand - that's right - The Pink Hand - as to Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025

Nanotechnology also offers possibilities for creating simulated weather.  A cloud, or several clouds, of microscopic computer particles, all communicating with each other and with a larger control system could provide tremendous capability. 

Interconnected, atmospherically buoyant, and having navigation capability in three dimensions, such clouds could be designed to have a wide-range of properties.

They might exclusively block optical sensors or could adjust to become impermeable to other surveillance methods. 

They could also provide an atmospheric electrical potential difference, which otherwise might not exist, to achieve precisely aimed and timed lightning strikes.  Even if power levels achieved were insufficient to be an effective strike weapon, the potential for psychological operations in many situations could be fantastic.

One major advantage of using simulated weather to achieve a desired effect is that unlike other approaches, it makes what are otherwise the results of deliberate actions appear to be the consequences of natural weather phenomena. 

In addition, it is potentially relatively inexpensive to do. 

According to J. Storrs Hall, a scientist at Rutgers University conducting research on nanotechnology, production costs of these nanoparticles could be about the same price per pound as potatoes.

This of course discounts research and development costs, which will be primarily borne by the private sector and be considered a sunk cost by 2025 and probably earlier.

And this from the Zorgon:

Have scientists discovered how to create downpours in the desert?

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter