collapse

Author Topic: FUKUSHIMA Unit 4 is SINKING, danger of collapse!  (Read 13392 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
FUKUSHIMA Unit 4 is SINKING, danger of collapse!
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:49:00 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08tk8TqqtuU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
Re: FUKUSHIMA Unit 4 is SINKING, danger of collapse!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 06:01:40 am »
Thats troubling, Amy, as for one, the ground water is going to be contaminated for sure, and if anything is sinking that would mean the ground beneath the reactor has been compromised in some way.

Can you say meltdown? Isnt that about what would happen if the reactor fuel had a full meltdown..it would sink into the ground beneath the reactor and form a void due to its incredibly high temperatues?

Or has it been in a meltdown all along, and Tepco has been able to hide it.

I remember seeing somewhere a photo of the fuel pool in one of the reactors and it was empty with no bottom. Hmmm..

Ahh here we go...

Looks like the ground beneath Fukushima will be compromised for centuries to come..sad:(

Le
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:07:07 am by Littleenki »
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Fruitbat

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 06:55:10 am »

I have been told that spent fuel pool four has the possibilty of poisoning the entire nothern hemisphere if the water slops out and the vast amount of toxite shite contained therein catches fire.

If that happens, I am going to get some fine intoxicants sorted out, and get with my favourite people and do my best to enjoy what remains of life before my premature death (IMHO) by radiation sickness or cancer.

Of course there will be days where I cannot just lightheartedly enjoy my time, and during those periods I will be revisting the wide pool of people I knew who were sensible and not rabidly anti nuclear, and saying:

"I told you what the problem was, and what to do, you didn't take any notice".

For this who have missed my previous rants on this subject the probelem is that nuclear energy  is inherently "wrong". We need to stop doing it immediately, and focus our energies on dealing with the energy shortfall resulting in the immediate shutdown of all nuclear plants, and the massive mess containment problem that we already have.

Ignore me at your peril. According to some bloke off the internet I and the other people who share my particular "disorder" am gifted with the ability to see the best of all possible ways.

Since my personal life experience suggests that he might be possibly be right, I think it would be irresponsible not to share my insight with the rest of you.

The amusing irony for me, I have always had a weather eye on the hideous danger presented by nuclear power, have planned for, and acquired the means and skills to have a damn good chance of escaping (even spent pool 4 going up in flames), I am sure my loved ones would still elect to sit glued to the TV watching the news reports of radiation-sick americans, and ignoring the fact that we are next, rather than helping me pack and plan for a long journey south in a stolen aeroplane... 

I've been keeping a very loose eye on my personal radiation dosage, and it's way higher than a german nuclear powerstation worker is supposed to get, and the background nowadays goes up and down much more than it should, but NO-ONE I ever told has ever reacted with more than resigned disinterest to these facts.

I suspect that it may possibly actually be too late now anyway, and if it is, whilst the normal people are panicking and complaining, I will again be out of step, because I know AFTER the life extinction event has happened will be the best time to get well and truly disinterested in this topic, and all things nuclear.  Can't change it then, may as well enjoy it, because I have paid my dues and done the work already when it comes to understanding about things nuclear...

Have you?

FB!

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 07:01:31 am »
Fruitbat, how can we check our personal radiation levels daily..is there a cheap sensor or badge we can pick up..you know I never thought about getting a sensor or any type of device to measure the radiation around me...good idea IMHO.

Let us know if there is an available one we can all afford, then the widespread folks of PRC can come together on a special thread and upload their daily readings...

Always good to have a chart to refer back to..eh?

Be safe, brother Fruitbat!

Dave

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:13:43 am »
I suspect that it may possibly actually be too late now anyway, and if it is, whilst the normal people are panicking and complaining, I will again be out of step, because I know AFTER the life extinction event has happened will be the best time to get well and truly disinterested in this topic, and all things nuclear. 

Can't change it then, may as well enjoy it, because I have paid my dues and done the work already when it comes to understanding about things nuclear...

Have you?

FB!

Greetings:

We try    ;D

Perhaps additional reading material might be helpful    :P

FYI

Do Citizens of Earth Have the Right to a Radiation-free Environment?

Fukushima, Pandora's Box and the Nuclear Demon

"I Have Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Wasting Away - The Nukes in Your Backyard

Radiation Watch 2012

San Onofre - America's Fukushima?

"NukaTuna" - The Last Fish in the Ocean

3/11/11 - The Day The World Changed Forever

America's Being Nuked: Can Together We Stop the Madness?

Fukushima Tsunami Meltdown Debris Field ETA America Summer 2012?

and our flagship piece

Earth Aid

Peace Love Light

tfw

Liberty & Equality or Revolution
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 07:27:56 am »
I have spoken often of the evils of nuclear energy.  I have protested.  But TPTB have it worked out how to kill most of Us off.  With radiation and poisons and toxicities and on and on...

Yeah, I want off this planet - but not to Planet Dirt.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Fruitbat

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14:17 am »
Fruitbat, how can we check our personal radiation levels daily..is there a cheap sensor or badge we can pick up..you know I never thought about getting a sensor or any type of device to measure the radiation around me...good idea IMHO.

Let us know if there is an available one we can all afford, then the widespread folks of PRC can come together on a special thread and upload their daily readings...

Always good to have a chart to refer back to..eh?

Be safe, brother Fruitbat! -Dave.

It's very very simple, and costs about 100 bux to find a cheap russian or chinese radiation counter that is (alledgedly, and most likely fairly accurately) calibrated in microsieverts. MIne keeps a running total of all the counts, and the batteries last three days of continous beeping and it sometimes takes me a fortnight to get around to changing the battery, but it also tells me that I am getting a frig of a lot more rads than I did last time I measured radiation back in the seventies and eighties.  More scarily it tells me that I have got a significant uptick in levels for a few  days at a time, and there is frig all I can do about it, except wear a sucession of NBC suits and breathe through canisters, which would make me even more unemployable than I already am...

LE to be more helpful, I just bought one of these because it is amazingly cheap, and can be used with an unbuilt kit I have (75$) that will give me much more options for calibration and accurate measurementes and logging, possibly straight to the internet WHICH IS WHAT MORE PEOPLE NEED TO BE DOING RIGHT NOW.
https://checkout.payments.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?XOProcessor&sessionid=18756837018&pagename=ryprender
and here's a kit for 36bux:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-IDE-compatible-DIY-kit-Geiger-nuclear-radiation-counter-w-LCD-/170907678427?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item27cae436db
ALL THE WORK DONE EXCEPT PUTTING IT IN A BOX AND POWERING up:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-IDE-compatible-Geiger-counter-dosimeter-w-LCD-shield-tube-and-USB-/170916377421?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item27cb68f34d
DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Electromagnetic-Radiation-LCD-display-Detector-EMF-Meter-tester-radio-EMC-/130758444599?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item1e71cf8637
This looks fairly useful, out of the box.. (but I'd ask em if it keeps it's memory in between battery changes..)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiation-detector-dosimeter-with-Geiger-Counter-SBM-20-model-R-tracker-GR-09m-/300790604276?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item46088461f4

I'm good at finding stuff on ebay, and given the way that teh fukuchima thing has been handled, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, measure it YOURSELF.

(Radiation related stuff pushes me over the edge and I start usings ALL CAPS, sorry about that...)

GO spend some money, on geiger counters, the econmy needs it and you may feel a "need to know" just when you should be getting on that plane headed south...

FB!

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 09:36:46 am »
Excellent post, Fruitbat, Im going to order a good one, and then we can corellate our readings from across the pond!

PRC Radcheck Unit..coming soon..anyone else want to join?

And, does anyone here have a knack for creating an editable map so we can all download our results from day to day?

Le

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:19:55 am »
If I get more book sales...

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:29:08 am »
If I get more book sales...

Uh oh  got bit by the money bug :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 11:42:55 am »
PRC Radcheck Unit..coming soon..anyone else want to join?

Sure I will :P As soon as I can afford one of these

Before Fuk U Shima there were $180ish  now they over $500   :o

I have an old NAVY one  big box but needs special battery hard to find

Bob Lazar used to have nice ones but he is all sold out, Seems Fuk U Shima has made the geiger counter folks reich :P

http://unitednuclear.com/

These ones are good  I would be happy with one of these :D  Then I can go find radioactive rocks and find out how hot the ones in my garage are

British Ebay Geiger Counters

This is a good one....  at $289.00

DX-2b Geiger Counter

Ebay

One left...at $439.00

[urhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009HAPEFA/ref=asc_df_B009HAPEFA2207470?ie=UTF8&condition=new&tag=dealtmp333626-20&creative=395165&creativeASIN=B009HAPEFA&linkCode=asml]AMAZON[/url][/size]

Price Compare
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:20:12 pm by zorgon »

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 12:36:36 pm »
Im looking too Zorgon..the ebay one is a bi pricey for me..we hav an army surplus here and he says he has one for a hundred bucks..not sure what kind though..Ill check it out this week.

Pretty sad day when we are looking for geiger counters to use for everyday basis, eh?

That first one looked nice..and German engineering..sehr schön

Cheers!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 12:55:16 pm »
Uh oh  got bit by the money bug :P

Uh...  Not really, just need money for rent, and three book sales ain't gonna cover that, let alone "luxuries" like ping counters.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 02:38:42 pm »
good idea on the map thingy,also i like the plane idea.gotta buy tires next month.gotta wait.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 03:14:51 pm »
Ama, I believe Z was making a simple statement, not a dig: we are all bit by the money bug right now; I would like to get a decent survey meter also, but the funds aren't there; I do believe we as a group do need to check levels daily wherever we are; Fukin shima is not going to go away, has been a total disaster since the first rumble of the quake, nothing but lies and deceit fed to everyone...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]