collapse

Author Topic: fake news - live  (Read 27994 times)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
Re: fake news - live
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2018, 07:15:23 am »

least anyone think this influencing / fake news is new   read this one
geeeeeeeeeesh

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/former-french-leader-sarkozy-held-over-libyan-funding-inquiry/ar-BBKsjY0?li=BBnb7Kz

Former French leader Sarkozy held over Libyan funding inquiry
 Reuters Reuters
By Brian Love
48 mins ago

Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy was held in custody on Tuesday and questioned by magistrates investigating whether late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi helped finance his 2007 election campaign, an official in the French judiciary said. It is the second major judicial investigation to fall on the 63-year-old, who served as president from 2007 to 2012.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2018, 09:43:22 am »
  i am not on farce book but maybe someone can use some of this info to remove stuff on there..

entire article here
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/i-downloaded-14-years-of-my-facebook-data-and-heres-what-happened/ar-BBKEbnS?li=BBnb7Kz

I downloaded 14 years of my Facebook data and here's what happened
 CNN
Sara Ashley O'Brien
19 hrs ago

pieces from article

After downloading my stored data on the site — I've been a member since 2004 — I was presented with an enormous amount of personal details that have been collected about me over the years.

By visiting the Settings page, I clicked an option to download a copy of my data at the bottom of the general account section.

Facebook emailed me a link to download my data. The process took about 10 minutes. (The downloading time depends on how much data you've generated.) The data is segmented into groups: like ads, contact info, events, messages, timeline, and more.

Facebook also preserved conversations I had with people I've triedto forget.

I needed to delete the history of our conversations in order to erase it from Facebook's digital memory .

How to control other data was more straightforward -- like manually revoking the Facebook app's permissions that I once authorized to access my Facebook information.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2018, 07:39:55 pm »

ahhhhhhhh group speak.. right from the owners point of view

Local TV forced to denounce 'one-sided news' by America's largest media company

Sinclair, which owns or operates more than 170 TV stations across the U.S., has come under fire in recent weeks for directing dozens of anchors to read from the same strongly worded script during on-air broadcasts.

“The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media,” the script read. “Some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias. ... This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.”

Deadspin created a supercut of anchors reading the script. ThinkProgress shared a similar clip that showed newscasters reciting the identical lines:

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 10:47:42 am »

i'm all for  having two sides but when regular folk fall for this stuff i think it's very  sad..  but then  humans are a herd-able bunch, aren't they.?

Trump’s Most Influential White Nationalist Troll Is A Middlebury Grad Who Lives In Manhattan
Twitter troll “Ricky Vaughn” had a bigger influence on the 2016 election than NBC News and the Drudge Report. Here’s who he really is.
Who is Ricky Vaughn? That was one of the big questions for anyone following far-right politics during the 2016 presidential election. The Twitter troll who took his name and avatar from Charlie Sheen’s character in “Major League” was everywhere on social media, an indefatigable circulator of edgy memes and rah-rah Donald Trump boosterism.

And anti-Semitism and white nationalism:

He did this thing that people connected to organized white nationalism have not been able to do ― walk both sides of the extremist line in the sand,” said Keegan Hankes,

Ricky Vaughn also played an important role in amplifying disinformation injected into American politics by the Russian government

In the data set of significant accounts we looked at, Ricky Vaughn retweeted @TEN_GOP the most, by far. Although Twitter shut down his @Ricky_Vaughn99 handle in October 2016, another handle he used, @RapinBill, took over and retweeted @TEN_GOP at least 162 times between early March and late August 2017. (@RapinBill also retweeted @Pamela_Moore13, another Kremlin-controlled account, at least 37 times during this period.)
Curiously, @RapinBill, which is still active and followed by Donald Trump Jr.,
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-white-nationalist-troll-ricky-vaughn_us_5ac53167e4b09ef3b2432627

ya know if you follow someone and know who you are following  because you agree with them that's one thing
but to just take anything you read as gospel  just proves how easily humans are being dumbed down and managed
i want out ..where my ride.!!!!!

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2018, 11:55:38 am »
ahhhhhhhh group speak.. right from the owners point of view

Local TV forced to denounce 'one-sided news' by America's largest media company

Well if it's HIS business and he doesn't fear any backlash, then he can dictate what he wants. They could have refused to say those things of course. But in all probability, they would be looking for employment elsewhere. But it's still a free country, isn't it? They can find employment else where, right?.. ;) ::)
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2018, 11:57:26 am »
i'm all for  having two sides but when regular folk fall for this stuff i think it's very  sad..  but then  humans are a herd-able bunch, aren't they.?

Trump’s Most Influential White Nationalist Troll Is A Middlebury Grad Who Lives In Manhattan
Twitter troll “Ricky Vaughn” had a bigger influence on the 2016 election than NBC News and the Drudge Report. Here’s who he really is.
Who is Ricky Vaughn? That was one of the big questions for anyone following far-right politics during the 2016 presidential election. The Twitter troll who took his name and avatar from Charlie Sheen’s character in “Major League” was everywhere on social media, an indefatigable circulator of edgy memes and rah-rah Donald Trump boosterism.

And anti-Semitism and white nationalism:

What if, just if, they thought that the cartoons and ramblings were funny...I know it's a stretch, but funny things have happended, haven't they?.. ::)

He did this thing that people connected to organized white nationalism have not been able to do ― walk both sides of the extremist line in the sand,” said Keegan Hankes,

Ricky Vaughn also played an important role in amplifying disinformation injected into American politics by the Russian government

In the data set of significant accounts we looked at, Ricky Vaughn retweeted @TEN_GOP the most, by far. Although Twitter shut down his @Ricky_Vaughn99 handle in October 2016, another handle he used, @RapinBill, took over and retweeted @TEN_GOP at least 162 times between early March and late August 2017. (@RapinBill also retweeted @Pamela_Moore13, another Kremlin-controlled account, at least 37 times during this period.)
Curiously, @RapinBill, which is still active and followed by Donald Trump Jr.,
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-white-nationalist-troll-ricky-vaughn_us_5ac53167e4b09ef3b2432627

ya know if you follow someone and know who you are following  because you agree with them that's one thing
but to just take anything you read as gospel  just proves how easily humans are being dumbed down and managed
i want out ..where my ride.!!!!!

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 01:00:35 pm »
i am not on farce book but maybe someone can use some of this info to remove stuff on there..

The easiest way to remove facebook posts is to delete your account :P

However that may not be what you wish to do.

So there is a SOLUTION

Google Chrome has a free app  called SOCIAL BOOK POST MANAGER  Here is a link
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/social-book-post-manager/ljfidlkcmdmmibngdfikhffffdmphjae?hl=en-US

Firefox has a similar one but I didn't need it so don't have a link

This App can be used with filters  You can delete all your posts,   You can delete posts others made on YOUR timeline and you can delete posts you made on other people's timeline

It is NOT 100%  I found you have to refresh several times and run it again. It works better if you do one month at a time but doing one YEAR at a time worked for me 90%

That left a few posts I had to remove manually.  And it needed several refreshes to get rid of the residual posts other people tagged you in

But now ALL my posts are gone  save a couple recent ones I left

It took a couple days because I had a lot  but its clean now  :D

I think I will add this to Members Help section

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2018, 03:23:53 pm »

But it's still a free country, isn't it?

not as much as it used to be

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2018, 03:31:37 pm »

not as much as it used to be
I'll agree on that one.

on another front, I'm slowly but surely coming to the belief of alternate timelines. I know it's an old age effect. But something isn't right. I can't put my finger on it yet but yeah, something happened.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »

on another front, I'm slowly but surely coming to the belief of alternate timelines. I know it's an old age effect. But something isn't right. I can't put my finger on it yet but yeah, something happened.

yeah for sure some of it is an age thing
but some daze i feel  like we are slipping in and out of timelines
so i am going with something IS happening...and no i can't put my finger on it either..sigh

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2018, 03:59:25 pm »

hey Sarge... perfect example

i guess you can say anything as long as you don't believe it..
yeah something sure is goofy

ATLANTIC SACKS WILLIAMSON!
Atlantic Fires Kevin Williamson After Realizing He Believes The Things He Says
By Ashley Feinberg

no i didn't read the article and i don't know who that is but the headline sure proves  a time line point

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2018, 04:30:23 pm »
no i didn't read the article and i don't know who that is but the headline sure proves  a time line point
How? ???

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:11 pm »

How? ???

perfect example

you can say anything as long as you don't believe it..

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2018, 08:54:05 pm »
Hmmm  in my old time line Judith Resnik died on the Challenger Shuttle explosion :P In THIS time line...

Judith Resnik is the Arthur Liman Professor of Law at Yale Law School, where she teaches about federalism, procedure, courts, prisons, equality, and citizenship.

https://law.yale.edu/judith-resnik

:o

::)

8)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:58:08 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2018, 08:57:32 pm »
As for 'fake news live' you can thank Obama, Destroyer of Amerika, for that :P

The NDAA Legalizes The Use Of Propaganda On The US Public
May. 21, 2012

The amendment — proposed by Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) and Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and passed in the House last Friday afternoon — would effectively nullify the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which explicitly forbids information and psychological operations aimed at influencing U.S. public opinion.

Thornberry said that the current law "ties the hands of America's diplomatic officials, military, and others by inhibiting our ability to effectively communicate in a credible way," according to Buzzfeed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-legalizes-propaganda-2012-5

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]