collapse

Author Topic: the fan is on * the manure ready to throw  (Read 9991 times)

sky otter

the fan is on * the manure ready to throw
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:34:12 am »

this is here because the reason for the war was and still is a theory..this is just the start of some of the truth coming out
will humans do anything about it..
nah...maybe just say.. see, told ya :'( :-\

vid and tweets at the link included in the article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/22/richard-dearlove_n_3635208.html

Sir Richard Dearlove, Former MI6 Chief, Threatens To Expose Iraq War Details

Posted: 07/22/2013 12:02 pm EDT  |  Updated: 07/22/2013 12:54 pm EDT

The former head of Britain's intelligence agency has threatened to expose new details about the state of affairs leading up to the Iraq war.

Sir Richard Dearlove, who helmed the MI6 from 1999 to 2004, told the UK's Mail On Sunday that he has spent the last year writing "a record of events surrounding the invasion of Iraq from my then professional perspective." Dearlove told the Mail that he has been planning to leave his account as a record for scholars, but may reveal the details sooner if he doesn't agree with the findings of Britain's Chilcot Inquiry, which is investigating the country's role in the lead-up to the Iraq War:

'My intention is that this should be a resource available to scholars, but after my decease (may be sooner depending on what Chilcot publishes). I have no intention, however, of violating my vows of official secrecy by publishing any memoir.'
Dearlove, now Master at Pembroke College, Cambridge University, has taken a sabbatical from academic life to work on this account, and is said to be "extremely aggrieved" that Prime Minister Tony Blair and his chief spokesman Alastair Campbell overstated the possibility that Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons could jeopardize British troops in Cyprus, according to the Mail.

A security source told the Mail on Sunday that the account is "Sir Richard's time-bomb."

Dearlove is perhaps best known in the United States for denying MI6 involvement in the 1997 death of Princess Diana.

One Brit weighed in on Twitter, referring to Dearlove as "our own Snowden" while another wondered if Dearlove would be found "dead in a forest with minor cuts on his wrists":

Dearlove left the intelligence agency in 2004, earlier then expected, though a spokesman at the time denied that he was leaving over differences with ministers over the handling of the Iraq War.

Offline Elvis Hendrix

• Gold 398
  • It is not the critic that counts.
Re: the fan is on * the manure ready to throw
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:43:58 am »
Interesting. Do you think he's waiting for a payoff?
If he is, that's a dangerous game he's playing.
WMDs eh?

What a friging mess.

People will believe what they are told it seems. About anything.

Elvis.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:46:29 am by Elvis Hendrix »
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
B H.

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:57:21 am »
One Brit weighed in on Twitter, referring to Dearlove as "our own Snowden" while another wondered if Dearlove would be found "dead in a forest with minor cuts on his wrists":

Now I am not placing Dearlove in this context...

But more so the reporters way of drawing attention to this.  I can find Dearlove in the National Lib in Canberra!

I can't make claim to making this Grand comment from twitter but, it's so damn true

Dear Media: Articles that are basically "this happened, and then there were all these tweets about it" are not actually journalism.

Offline Elvis Hendrix

• Gold 398
  • It is not the critic that counts.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 12:06:15 pm »
It seems to be as simple as that.

A few tweets, a lot of Facebook, throw in the old blackberry and the ten o'clock news.

3 SAS with AKs, a few grenades and Voila.

The Arab Spring.

Next.
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
B H.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 01:35:48 pm »
People will believe what they are told it seems. About anything.

No one on facebook or twitter really gives a crap about truth. All they want to do is post their pet peeve and will find any old story on the web that supports it

Then its retweeted and share by all those that want to believe it.

Inject any reality into it and in seconds you will be pounced on and called a shill and thrown off their wall LOL

Like yesterday with the story about bombing the Great Barrier reef. Started by one of your Britsh Rags :P

U.S jets drop four BOMBS on Great Barrier Reef after fuel emergency in training exercise

It is not yet clear what the impact will be on the Great Barrier Reef. Its world heritage status means it is strictly governed by a series of rules that limit development and activities in and around it.

I merely pointed out that the bombs were not armed nor did they explode and are simply going to be recovered  no harm to the reef... but was attacked and unfriended for pointing that out :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 01:40:07 pm »
As for the Daily Mail  at least they still have fun :P

Life's a beach! Princesses: Long Island stars Ashlee White and Casey Cohen strip to swimwear and cool off in the ocean

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2374020/Princesses-Long-Island-stars-Ashlee-White-Casey-Cohen-strip-swimwear-cool-ocean.html

sky otter

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 01:46:12 pm »

hey Z

i think with your last two posts that i need to say this

YOU'VE BEEN ON FACE BOOKLET TOO LONG, PAL
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:17:49 pm by sky otter »

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 09:12:49 am »
hey Z

i think with your last two posts that i need to say this

YOU'VE BEEN ON FACE BOOKLET TOO LONG, PAL

Agreed aha.

In regards to our MI6 'whistleblower'... I'm skeptical, why leave the release till death unless your worried about your life? Hence, if he's worried about his life, why announce his plans?

The fact that the daily mail covered the story, usually means we should keep our eye's peeled for BS.

What's he gunna tell us exactly? It was all a lie?

We already know that!!
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:35:45 pm »
I agree with Sinny :)

Remember that other weapons inspector who suddenly 'committed suicide' after his (about to be published) report that Iraq had no wmds to speak of, and even if they did, half the missiles that were to carry them were so poorly maintained that in his opinion, most of them wouldn't even reach their targets.

But because the occasional Scud hit Israel, they put pressure on the White House who in turn started to squeeze Tony B. liar

John Knott decides to sell off half our navy in the 80's, despite both MI6 AND the Americans warning him about the impending invasion of the Falklands by Argentina (whose top general's daughter is now queen of Holland, you couldn't make this up if you tried ::))

France of course (our able & trusted allies) sold Argentina a whole bunch of missiles & fighter jets to help things along :-X

Then Thatcher decides to actually do nothing until the invasion happens, and then with a lot of patriotic speech & flag-waving, promptly decides to declare war on Argentina.

To make things worse, she tells them to switch the Sea-Wolf & Rapier defense systems from 'automatic' to 'manual' & not fire them without express permission from Whitehall. :o

Surprise surprise, a ship gets sunk, with great loss of life.

Yet more flag waving in London.

Give me a break, as our siblings across the pond would say :P

Either he's a shill, like that whole 'transparency' BS or he's not going to live very long ::)

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 01:56:23 am »
I suggest you read what Dr. Beter Beter stated about Falklands - might help you make sense of the nonsense!

Oh she was a shill alllrighttt...
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 10:11:03 am »
Yep, and then she made over 4 million from selling her autobiography, which basically blamed everyone else for being incompetent ::)

Unfortunately, she had children.... :(

I have about 10 hours of Falklands news items, commentaries chat shows etc & some live film from the engagements, it's on V2000 video format (!) which i happen to have the very first STEREO model of.

It has Long Play mode, frame-by-frame, various playback speeds like slo-mo, and the overall quality is better than VHS.

Funny how VHS became the norm, even Betamax was better :P

Typical silly humans, always making the wrong decisions ::)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:15:15 am by PlaysWithMachines »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 10:35:08 am »
Funny how VHS became the norm, even Betamax was better :P

Typical silly humans, always making the wrong decisions ::)

VHS was cheaper than Beta.  It all boils down to money.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 11:37:41 am »
I know what you mean, money ruins everything...

I wanted a 5mW blue laser, they cost about 300-400 bucks from the electronic suppliers here.

They cost about 150 on Ebay, but you don't know what you're buying, it could just be a blue LED :P

I finally got one direct from china, it cost 8.50 including postage :o.....BATTERIES INCLUDED, LOL

I used up the batteries then built a supply with which i can adjust the brightness, and THAT cost about 8.50 as well.

So for 17 bucks i got my dream laser, and an adjustable supply, LOL

Maybe i should start selling them on Ebay for 100 bucks ;)

If everything was the same price (IE as low as possible) then the world would already be a better place!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 12:06:25 pm »
I bet You COULD sell them easily on Ebay for $100!  Hop to it!  [grin]

Yeah, without money promoting the cheapest, flimsiest, low quality products, and suppression of competition, the arts and sciences would flourish.  Products would be made to last.  We would all be so much happier - well, ok.  99% of Us would be, and the 1% would merely lose Their power over Others.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 12:34:37 pm »
If everything was the same price (IE as low as possible) then the world would already be a better place!

Depends..

If LASERS were that cheap... every Tom Fool would be running around with them pointing at everything :P

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]