collapse

Author Topic: 2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’  (Read 3195 times)

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
An interesting report!! However, this now reported incident actually happened in 2004. This article does state that it "was studied by a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s".  Pilots saw them, as did the U.S.S. Princton, which had been tracking mysterious aircraft for 2 weeks.

Plus, they have it caught on video!!

The New York Times
By HELENE COOPER, LESLIE KEAN and RALPH BLUMENTHALDEC. 16, 2017

"The following recounts an incident in 2004 that advocates of research into U.F.O.s have said is the kind of event worthy of more investigation, and that was studied by a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s. Experts caution that earthly explanations often exist for such incidents, and that not knowing the explanation does not mean that the event has interstellar origins.

WASHINGTON — Cmdr. David Fravor and Lt. Cmdr. Jim Slaight were on a routine training mission 100 miles out into the Pacific when the radio in each of their F/A-18F Super Hornets crackled: An operations officer aboard the U.S.S. Princeton, a Navy cruiser, wanted to know if they were carrying weapons.

“Two CATM-9s,” Commander Fravor replied, referring to dummy missiles that could not be fired. He had not been expecting any hostile exchanges off the coast of San Diego that November afternoon in 2004.

Commander Fravor, in a recent interview with The New York Times, recalled what happened next. Some of it is captured in a video made public by officials with a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s.

“Well, we’ve got a real-world vector for you,” the radio operator said, according to Commander Fravor. For two weeks, the operator said, the Princeton had been tracking mysterious aircraft. The objects appeared suddenly at 80,000 feet, and then hurtled toward the sea, eventually stopping at 20,000 feet and hovering. Then they either dropped out of radar range or shot straight back up.

Read more and see video
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:44:53 pm by zorgon »

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
I noticed this too, as something out of the ordinary as to mainstream reporting.  Normally, you might see this sort of story on a fringe site or tabloid.  A change maybe?

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42379749

Pentagon ran secret multi-million dollar UFO programme
5 hours ago

The Pentagon has been running a secret multi-million dollar programme to investigate Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), US media report.

Only a small number of officials were aware of the programme, which began in 2007 and was reportedly closed in 2012.

The New York Times says documents from the operation describe strange speeding aircraft and hovering objects.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html

But scientists were doubtful, stressing that unexplained happenings were not necessarily proof of alien life.

CIA releases 13m pages of declassified documents
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663522

The Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Programme was the brainchild of Harry Reid, a retired Democratic senator who was the Senate majority leader at the time.

He told the New York Times: "I'm not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going. I've done something that no one has done before."

The programme is reported to have cost the Department of Defense more than $20 million (£15m) before it was shut down in order to save costs.

Although its funding ended in 2012, officials have reportedly continued to investigate sightings of unusual aerial phenomena and suspicious objects alongside their daily duties.

One former congressional staffer told Politico the programme may have been set up to monitor the technological progress of rival foreign powers.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/16/pentagon-ufo-search-harry-reid-216111

"Was this China or Russia trying to do something or has some propulsion system we are not familiar with?", they said.

Earlier this year, the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) released millions of pages of declassified documents online.

The records included UFO sightings and a collection of reports on flying saucers.

More on this story
The great saucer invasion: The day six 'spaceships' landed in England
3 September 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-41110193

Australian government reviews funding for UFO group
19 May 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-39946130

CIA releases 13m pages of declassified documents online
18 January 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663522

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
seems this info is everywhere..but just wanted to post the pic here

good article - you should read the whole thing

thanks rdunk

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/glowing-auras-and-%E2%80%98black-money%E2%80%99-the-pentagon%E2%80%99s-mysterious-ufo-program/ar-BBGOIOQ

© Isaac Brekken for The New York Times Robert Bigelow, a billionaire entrepreneur and longtime friend of Mr. Reid, received most of the money allocated for the Pentagon program. On CBS’s “60 Minutes” in May…

WASHINGTON — In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

further  down the article

© Justin T. Gellerson for The New York Times Luis Elizondo led the Pentagon effort to investigate U.F.O.s until October. He resigned to protest what he characterized as excessive secrecy and internal opposition…

in the body of the article he also says

But Mr. Elizondo said the only thing that had ended was the effort’s government funding, which dried up in 2012. From then on, Mr. Elizondo said in an interview, he worked with officials from the Navy and the C.I.A. He continued to work out of his Pentagon office until this past October, when he resigned to protest what he characterized as excessive secrecy and internal opposition.

and further down
Officials with the program have also studied videos of encounters between unknown objects and American military aircraft — including one released in August of a whitish oval object, about the size of a commercial plane, chased by two Navy F/A-18F fighter jets from the aircraft carrier Nimitz off the coast of San Diego in 2004.

Two other former senators and top members of a defense spending subcommittee — Ted Stevens, an Alaska Republican, and Daniel K. Inouye, a Hawaii Democrat — also supported the program. Mr. Stevens died in 2010, and Mr. Inouye in 2012.

While not addressing the merits of the program, Sara Seager, an astrophysicist at M.I.T., cautioned that not knowing the origin of an object does not mean that it is from another planet or galaxy.

for those interested ..
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/collection/crest-25-year-program-archive

Welcome to the new CIA Electronic Reading Room.  Be sure to bookmark this site, and note that our former URL will be decommissioned in the near future.
The automatic declassification provisions of Executive Order 13526 (formerly EO 12958, as amended) require the declassification of nonexempt historically valuable records 25 years or older. The EO was originally issued in April 1995 and via amendment established 31 December 2006 as the first major deadline for automatic declassification under the "25-year program." By that date, agencies were to have completed the review of all hardcopy documents determined to contain exclusively their equities. For CIA, the 2006 deadline covered the span of relevant documents originally dating from the establishment of the CIA after WWII through 1981.

The requirement to automatically declassify records 25 years or older "rolls" forward one year at a time. For example, by 31 December 2012, permanent records through 31 December 1987 were automatically declassified, unless appropriately exempted under the guidelines of the EO. In this regard, CIA maintains a program operating out of the CIA Declassification Center to review records under the purview of EO 13526 before they reach their automatic declassification deadline.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:40:55 am by space otter »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593

Great catch Rdunk.

Sky, in the Bigelow article you quote, this paragraph stands out to me -

"Mr. Elizondo, in his resignation letter of Oct. 4, said there was a need for more serious attention to “the many accounts from the Navy and other services of unusual aerial systems interfering with military weapon platforms and displaying beyond-next-generation capabilities.”

He expressed his frustration with the limitations placed on the program, telling Mr. Mattis that “there remains a vital need to ascertain capability and intent of these phenomena for the benefit of the armed forces and the nation.”

I think Mr. Elizondo's frustration comes from discovering that he was not in charge of policy or response to the situation, but merely was a paper pusher designated to collect the data and pass it along.

Ever since 1947 many military commanders have been frustrated to the apparent lack of interest from the top.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691

I think Mr. Elizondo's frustration comes from discovering that he was not in charge of policy or response to the situation, but merely was a paper pusher designated to collect the data and pass it along.

i agree 51 that the guy at the visible top  is usually not the guy in charge - more like a good cheerleader for the cause than the one who knows

but this sentence is the one that sticks the most with me

While not addressing the merits of the program, Sara Seager, an astrophysicist at M.I.T., cautioned that not knowing the origin of an object does not mean that it is from another planet or galaxy.

after years of re examining my sightings i believe strongly that what we are dealing with is not from outer space so much as  other dimentional

don't get me wrong i don't cast doubt on others experiences - not ever.. but can only go with my gut on what i have witnessed and so what  this person said just jumps at me

that not knowing the origin of an object does not mean that it is from another planet or galaxy

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593

after years of re examining my sightings i believe strongly that what we are dealing with is not from outer space so much as  other dimentional

True. But it also does not mean it is not.

You also could be right about it being other dimensional.

Or underground or underwater.

Or time travelers from the future.

Whatever the source turns out to be - it all comes under the heading of: These little fellers ain't from round here! (from our point of view)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691

These little fellers ain't from round here! (from our point of view)
welllllll i have no idea how to quantify or qualify where the other dimensions are  :-[
are we stacked in the same spot only not
is the separation a large or small distance
can i tell the guy who keeps showing up in my library that he's lost
or am i showing up in his place?
so many questions so few answers..

but yeah i agree not from around here...

i think  ::)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/luis-elizondo-ufo-pentagon_us_5a388debe4b0860bf4aa9a9d?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

NEWS 12/19/2017 12:16 am ET
Pentagon’s Former UFO Hunter: ‘We May Not Be Alone’
The man who previously ran the Pentagon’s secret UFO program has a lot to say on the topic.

By Rebecca Shapiro

video

Days after the The New York Times published an investigative report detailing the Pentagon’s secret and supposedly defunct UFO research program, the military intelligence official who led the initiative is speaking out on one of the universe’s greatest mysteries.

“My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone,” Luis Elizondo told CNN’s Erin Burnett on Monday night.

Elizondo, who ran the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program during its tenure from 2007 to 2012, said he no longer works for the U.S. government. The Department of Defense says it shut down the initiative in 2012, but the Times reported that some backers say the program is still operating.

“I will tell you unequivocally that through the observation ― scientific methodologies that were applied to look at this phenomenon ― that these aircraft ... are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the U.S. inventory nor in any foreign inventories that we are aware of,” he added.

Elizondo told the Times that he resigned from his role leading the program in October and that a new successor was named.

Check out Elizondo’s full response in the video above.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593

Well well! Grant seems to be indicating you are right on the money with this!

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=10672.msg141380#msg141380

Offline Canine

• Gold 10
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4OhbzSFpnk
Update:

Detailed Official Report On Harrowing Encounter Between F/A-18s and UFO Surfaces

The 13-page report isn't dated and lacks a cover sheet, but it provides a rich recounting of the encounter, with a clear accounting of the assets and sensors involved, and how the Navy handled the incident administratively in its aftermath. The supercarrier USS Nimitz, the Ticonderoga class cruiser USS Princeton, E-2C Hawkeye airborne early warning and control aircraft, and F/A-18C Hornets and F/A-18F Super Hornets were all involved with the incident. Other ships that were also part of the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group were also likely involved but to a lesser degree.

https://media.lasvegasnow.com/nxsglobal/lasvegasnow/document_dev/2018/05/18/TIC%20TAC%20UFO%20EXECUTIVE%20REPORT_1526682843046_42960218_ver1.0.pdf

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21000/highly-detailed-report-on-harrowing-encounter-between-f-a-18s-and-ufo-off-baja-surfaces

on the craft being cloaked:

visual description:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:48:18 pm by Canine »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]