collapse

Author Topic: Railroading and my family history  (Read 15786 times)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
Re: Railroading and my family history
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 06:53:12 pm »
i didn't design the mounts.  those are from a game called world of warcraft.  it's a fantasy based mmorpg (massively multiplayer role playing game).  the game's epic history is so indepth it would take a month just to explain it, so here's a brief overview, and i do mean brief.  it started out as a small 2d game of humans vs. orcs.  and eventually blossomed into a 3d game with even more races, like elves, gnomes (reminiscent of hobbits), worgens (werewolf looking), dwarves, and then into a 3d mmorpg, with humans, orcs, night elves, blood elves, trolls, dwarves, worgens, gnomes, tauren (cross between a large human and a bull or cow), undeads, draenei (a cross between a human, a dragon and a goat), goblins, and soon, panda people (yes, a cross between a human and a panda).   

they are separated into  2 factions: the horde vs. the alliance.  the horde are the orcs, tauren, undeads, goblins, blood elves and trolls.  the alliance are humans, night elves, gnomes, dwarves, worgens and draenei.  the panda people, called pandaren, can be either faction.

mostly you go around doing solo quests, teaming up in battlegrounds where you fight the other faction, and beating epic monsters in dungeon groups or raid groups.  you can also collect in-game pets, mounts (which you saw some of mine), and various other things of interest.  idea is to level to maximum level and get the most advanced armor and weapons the game has to offer, while also leveling up 2-3 professions.  there are many professions to train in. 

the classes available to play are: warrior, paladin, mage, druid, hunter, warlock, death knight, rogue, priest, shaman, and when the panda expansion arrives, also monk (think karate expert)

that's it.  believe me, that's the condensed version.  lol
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:13:35 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 07:17:05 pm »
I couldn't help but be concerned about who You are????,

And why is that?

Did I just suddenly appear on this forum?

Is anyone with an avatar that looks even remotely like train tracks now a suspect here?

I find all this childish, silly and rude. And trying to use my family history as an icon for evil rates the same description.

My previous avatar which had you and others fearing the end of the world was at hand and the sky is falling -

...is just a graphic from a 50's UFO sighting reporting form.

Y'all need to get a grip.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:18:20 am by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »
And lest anyone become concerned and alarmed with my current avatar -

it comes from -

" It's The Fear Of The Dark".

...maybe that has some true meaning for you.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:38:15 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 08:13:41 pm »
A51...

We may be being silly and rude in your eyes and yet you have no idea of why we both responded the way that we did. That means that you are ignorant.  And I would venture to say that you have no idea why you suddenly wanted to put a mans figure on a train track..... Do you?.... if you DID then we are looking at other agendas here entirely, aren't we?

Did you realize that it was nearly identical to an photo that Mikado used as his Avatar for a while.... a man with his back to the camera with diminishing track in front of him? If you knew that..... then what does THAT mean. If you didn't then the ignorance situation maintains.

No Linda I was not aware of your mikado boogey man until I was going through my usual daily thread cleaning chores around here.

I was also a bit busy at that moment removing personal attack posts in threads around here.

So what about other members around here unaware of your boogey man?

Are they to be accused if they make the mistake of unknowingly posting something you may happen to interpret as related and evil?

Are we all to walk on eggshells around here and have to be sure to check all your threads before posting anything?

Oh that sounds like a plan. Attention all members - be sure to read ALL of Linda's threads and dont' skip anything lest you become a target.

Now if someone were to come into one of your threads and making overt insinuations directly related to your thread, you might have a case.

But to go around this entire forum into threads totally unrelated to you and begin with the accusations is again - childish silly and rude.

As to why and when I decided to change my avatar had nothing to do with you. It was done long before you even noticed it. Your comment "oh look A51 has just added train tracks to his avatar"  is incorrect. Just because you noticed it that night you proclaim it related. Mere 'ignorance' on your part.

You have this penchant to think everything here is related to you.

Any chance people around here just might have something to say or post that does not have you in mind at all?

eta: the point I am trying to make is you are projecting your fears way too far and innocent bystanders may take offense to these accusations.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:40:43 am by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 08:32:47 pm »

Oh great.

I posted your message as mine.  ::)

Must have hit modify instead of quote.

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »
Its Ok A51. I got your message clearly enough.
You say you didn't know anything about mikado.
Thats fine. I accept that.

Linda

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 09:02:29 pm »

Yes and I tend to skim through your threads pretty quickly during daily chores because I have never seen evidence of discord or personal attacks and figure if there were you would handle it as the moderator of your area.

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 09:28:28 pm »
Actually A51.... I don't think that I am a moderator " of my area" as you put it..... am I? ( I have looked.... sorry.... it does call me a moderator) I didn't think that I had the kind of power that you guys have ( and I don't want it either!!!) so what do you mean by your statement here.

Yes and I tend to skim through your threads pretty quickly during daily chores because I have never seen evidence of discord or personal attacks and figure if there were you would handle it as the moderator of your area.

I have never had to "handle" anything in that area....so I guess I missed that part....

I know that you guys are busy and this is an enormous and constantly growing Forum ( yea!!!)

So if it looked like I jumped on you for the similarity of avatars..... and the sudden ( to me) mention of trains.... I am really sorry....

But I know how the Mikado Effect works. I am familiar with its technology and it is not a PERSON per se but a PROGRAM... and once established it turns one forum member against the other. I thought that I was seeing that beginning to happen here. Maybe I over reacted and for that I am sorry. You yourself said that you were dealing with a problem at the time..... I submit that the problem was just the beginning of something that might have gotten much worse if you hadn't stepped in as quickly as you did. I SO appreciate that.

I am hopefully not being overly sensitive but it sorta feels like you are saying " Stay out of the other threads that don't concern you." But that is a puzzle to me because I would not bother to respond to anything that was not at least interesting to me.

Am I being restricted here? Just so I know.

Maybe its a good thing because I am kind of  over sensitive to all of this and I think that I have already explained as much as I possibly can in that long interaction with Undo and others...... I tried to explain there that you are not up against a single man....the man I refer to as Mikado is not a boogie man.... he is the programs victim.

If its for the better health of this forum I promise. I will stay out of other threads.... anybody needs to talk with me.... they know where they can find me....<g>  Linda

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:52:52 pm by Linda Brown »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:51 pm »
Actually A51.... I don't think that I am a moderator " of my area" as you put it..... am I? I didn't think that I had the kind of power that you guys have ( and I don't want it either!!!) so what do you mean by your statement here.

"

What I meant is you would either verbally admonish the offender or if need be PM a Mod to remove offending posts.

You have absolute power over what goes on in your threads.

I am hopefully not being overly sensitive but it sorta feels like you are saying " Stay out of the other threads that don't concern you." But that is a puzzle to me because I would not bother to respond to anything that was not at least interesting to me.

Am I being restricted here? Just so I know.

Not at all and yes you are being overly sensitive.

In a new member thread where I was joking with Pimander about his 'Well I never' comment I find myself suddenly accused of being mikado.

Next thing undo is being accused of being the mikado queen.

undo was also unaware of your mikado fears and needed to have it explained.

That is what I mean about projecting your fears too far.

If mikado or anyone else shows up here and directly menaces YOU -anywhere- on this forum my actions will be swift and sure.

You are of course free to roam here as all are, but noticing imagined coincedences in areas unrelated to you and then begin accusing members there of being mikado or his queen is taking it too far.

And presuming mikado can influence my actions is very naive.

Shall we try an experiment to prove it?

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »
Lets take this carefully one step at a time because I think that you are helping me prove that there is a THIRD entity at work her. Its stock and fingerprint is distrust..... and misinformation....

You said

"In a new member thread where I was joking with Pimander about his 'Well I never' comment I find myself suddenly accused of being mikado.

I DID NOT DO THAT, YET YOU BLAME ME?Next thing undo is being accused of being the mikado queen.
I DID NOT DO THAT EITHER. THAT WAS UNDOS OWN MISINTERPRETATION OF SOMETHING HOBBIT SAID AND HE HAS ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT HE DID NOT MEAN IT THE WAY SHE TOOK IT.

undo was also unaware of your mikado fears and needed to have it explained. I have explained it in detail to her. If she does not want to take my warnings seriously then that is entirely her choice. But at least she has been made aware.

THESE ARE NOT MY FEARS BEING PROJECTED HERE this is my knowledge of what this technology is capable of... its hard and fast science.... not mystical attacks. And there is enough out there now in ( granted.... difficult to find sources.... but it is out there) I said all I needed to say to Undo. Those interested can read that exchange..

Sorry for the all caps but I wanted to make my point because this is important.

Linda

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2012, 10:41:38 pm »
Lets take this carefully one step at a time because I think that you are helping me prove that there is a THIRD entity at work her. Its stock and fingerprint is distrust..... and misinformation....

You said

"In a new member thread where I was joking with Pimander about his 'Well I never' comment I find myself suddenly accused of being mikado.

I DID NOT DO THAT, YET YOU BLAME ME?Next thing undo is being accused of being the mikado queen.
I DID NOT DO THAT EITHER. THAT WAS UNDOS OWN MISINTERPRETATION OF SOMETHING HOBBIT SAID AND HE HAS ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT HE DID NOT MEAN IT THE WAY SHE TOOK IT.

I said I found myself being accused. By whom? hobbit.

But then it was you who chimed in with support -

hobbit -

Say sowry, cos I don't have a clue how to remove any posts, as I see You now know who did though....why?
Maybe this A51watcher has a liking for removing posts???
Here's a little steam train on the move from pennsylvania a mikado.
it's all black.

hobbit

Linda -
I can't see your Utube Hobbit but I can guess.

I tip my hat.... or if I were driving a carriage I would touch my driving whip to the brim. Well done sir.
Steam trains have a hard time when there is no steam.

Linda

So actually you are an accomplice to this act, "touch my driving whip to the brim. Well done sir" just as in the previous thread where you were yelling at hobbit to 'close this door' intimating he was talking to the dreaded mikado himself.

Here you are congratulating him for sending me or undo a mikado video. Sure in your belief that even though "I can't see your Utube Hobbit but I can guess."

undo was also unaware of your mikado fears and needed to have it explained. I have explained it in detail to her. If she does not want to take my warnings seriously then that is entirely her choice. But at least she has been made aware.

A warning is much different than an accusation. undo clearly felt accused, and I had to explain it to her when I discovered what you and hobbit were up to. Your explanation came much later.

THESE ARE NOT MY FEARS BEING PROJECTED HERE this is my knowledge of what this technology is capable of... its hard and fast science.... not mystical attacks. And there is enough out there now in ( granted.... difficult to find sources.... but it is out there) I said all I needed to say to Undo. Those interested can read that exchange..

That may or may not be fact. But supposing it is, do you have any -proof- it is occuring here?

I see only suspicions and speculations.

And whether this a real fear or not, is beside the point.

Even if it is a real fear, you are projecting it way too far into areas and people not interacting with you at all.

I can also guarantee you that your 'mikado program' is in for a -nasty surprise- if it attempts to influence any of my actions, dreams, or thoughts.

In fact I openly challenge ANY 'mikado program', entity or spirit, or channelers or remote viewers or -any- nefarious forces of any kind to give it their best shot in any area of my life.

I will get back to ya with any attempts.

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2012, 10:46:49 pm »
second part of your message A51

mikado or anyone else shows up here and directly menaces YOU -anywhere- on this forum my actions will be swift and sure.  You will not know that it is him. That's NOT the way that this thing works.

You are of course free to roam here as all are, but noticing imagined coincidences in areas unrelated to you and then begin accusing members there of being mikado or his queen is taking it too far.

AND AGAIN I SAY.... I NEVER DID THAT. WHAT YOU ARE SEEING HERE IS A MIKADO EFFECT FINGERPRINT. SHOW ME WHERE I ACCUSED ANY MEMBERS OF BEING MIKADO OR HIS QUEEN. SHOW ME AREA 51.

And presuming mikado can influence my actions is very naive.  Whatever you say.Shall we try an experiment to prove it.

The Mikado Effect has already affected you. Look at what you have written here. If I didn't know what was going on ( and most don't) this whole thing could have spiraled into a major dust- up. That's what was happening and what you were having to deal with. I just wish that you could see it for what it actually was. I think that Undo has seen her power against this program and I hope that you realize yours too.......
The fact that you think that you can set up an experiment when you have already been used in one.... is sort of laughable to me but I will listen to anything that you have in mind.

Linda

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »

It looks like our messages are passing in the ether again. i will wait and let us catch up.

I will just submit it is your 'perception' that my actions have already been manipulated.

I however perceive no change. Since I am more familiar with the pattern of my actions than you, I submit my perception is better supported.

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »
Dear A51

You said

So actually you are an accomplice to this act, "touch my driving whip to the brim. Well done sir" just as in the previous thread where you were yelling at hobbit to 'close this door' intimating he was talking to the dreaded mikado himself.
First of all .....

your interpretation right here is EXACTLY what I meant by misinformation and distrust transference. Was this actually you? You think? really?
Hobbit and I both know that is not what was actually happening but look at the slant that you have just put on it

Just a matter of differing perceptions here Linda. My perception is I was having fun with a friend in a innocuous little welcome thread and suddenly I am jumped by hobbit 'wondering' if I 'watch' mikado trains.

I had no idea what you or him were going on about, and when I did find out, I felt it to be silly and very rude at the same time. My hope here is that this type of thing will not happen to other unwitting members.

hobbit's very first post in this thread attempts to explain why he was 'concerned' about who I might be, which is what I replied to and you are now* replying to.   

And while explaining yours and his actions and fears it might, it does not justify or excuse them.

Here you are congratulating him for sending me or undo a mikado video. Sure in your belief that even though "I can't see your Utube Hobbit but I can guess.". Again, completely off the mark from what was actually meant here.... your perceptions have been seriously tweaked toward the negative.

I can see no positive merit in 'wondering' if someone is mikado to their face when they have no idea what it even means.

All of this could have been avoided if hobbit had not 'opened the door'.

I would hope he will not be sending any more cryptic messages and web pages and videos of mikado's to any other members who are unfamiliar with your fears and have never intimated such knowledge.

And this is the most revealing of all of your statements A51" A warning is much different than an accusation. undo clearly felt accused, and I had to explain it to her when I discovered what you and hobbit were up to. Your explanation came much later.  what we were "UP to?" Isn't that kind and generous and helpful of you. Stir the pot there while you were at it..... was that REALLY your idea or did you just " FEEL" like taking that stance?

Yes. At first neither undo or myself had any idea what you 2 were going on about, and 'up to' is the correct phrase when someone is sending you cryptic messages containing mikado web pages and you have no idea what they are talking about.

All you can do is wonder what they are 'up to'.

That may or may not be fact. But supposing it is, do you have any -proof- it is occuring here? I can see it happening in front of my eyes. I know its fingerprints.

Even if it is a real fear, you are projecting it way too far into areas and people not interacting with you at all.

What are you really saying here A51.... ship out.... this is none of your business here.... EVEN if it is really happening???? How convenient for you! Sorry but YES! That kind of statement should make anyone suspicious.

Nope. Never said anything about shipping out and did not intimate it.

I said I have seen no proof here. 

I never said anything is not your business. I said people not interacting with you. As in - have not said boo to you or hobbit, and are off in a faraway land having a few jokes. Suddenly they are suspects and need to be interrogated?

can also guarantee you that your 'mikado program' is in for a -nasty surprise- if it attempts to influence any of my actions, dreams, or thoughts.
In fact I openly challenge ANY 'mikado program', entity or spirit, or channelers or remote viewers or -any- nefarious forces of any kind to give it their best shot in any area of my life.

Well, thats nice to know..  The only cure for this that I truly believe in is an excercise in positive attitudes and a certain self control.  Linda

I can not tell others how to achieve this. All I know is that any who have tried in the past, have not only failed, they have suffered a nasty blowback effect for their efforts.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:52:29 am by A51Watcher »

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2012, 11:15:19 pm »
"[color=yellow]I will just submit it is your 'perception' that my actions have already been manipulated[/color[

/color]Absolutely..... but..... you won over the Effect A51 because you followed through and damped down the firestorm that was brewing between Undo and Hobbit. I did not even read some of those exchanged messages because you had swept in and made things calm. I was ENORMOUSLY relieved to see that happen but I wasn't really sure who was doing it.

So you may be right. Maybe you were not as affected as I thought that you were being. And I know that you were making fun of my comments about not letting the " dark " take over..... but meanwhile you took the emergency steps that were needed to blunt the Effect.

You don't have to believe me if you want to. That's fine. I know enough about the technology of this thing to know that once the " wave " of this thing passes its target.... it takes awhile to build up again and in that time all of you have the opportunity to build stronger understandings with each other so when and if it ever hits again you will withstand it again.

There are instances when very valuable Forums have not been able to withstand this. They never knew what it was. And they never knew that the simplest way to blunt it.... is when you feel things starting to go sideways..... just look at your words carefully and ask yourself. Do I really want to say that.... would that statement further a negative thread? And then simply replace it with something more understanding and positive. That's the light that I was talking about. Nothing more than that.

Talking stick is yours now A51.   Linda]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:25:54 pm by Linda Brown »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56