collapse

Author Topic: Lunar rover on the moon. Is it an RC model?  (Read 19537 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Lunar rover on the moon. Is it an RC model?
« on: September 05, 2012, 02:32:54 pm »
Lunar rover on the moon. Is it an RC model?

This interesting video is an analysis of the Lunar Rover footage. If you watch it closely you can see he is right :D  No arm movement.

[youtube]eK3R2en4p_8[/youtube]

Now we need to pull up other clips of the Lunar rovers and see if they show similar details :D

Published on Aug 28, 2012 by moonfakery

Vsevolod Yakubovich is a director of photography of the Mosfilm Studios. He teaches "Technology of the shooting process". He graduated from the All-Union State Cinema Institute (VGIK) in 1968. Currently he is an Associate Professor of VGIK Camera Department. As a special effects cinematographer he was involved in shooting of more than 200 movies.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:36:10 pm by zorgon »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: Lunar rover on the moon. Is it an RC model?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:48:05 pm »
If, as he says, it looks filmed in a "big pavilion", why the need for a radio controlled rover with a doll instead of a person?  ???

As for the movements, I have to look at more images to get an idea.

Offline The Matrix Traveller

• Gold 253
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:53:08 pm »

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/A17_LunarRover2.pdf

I think someone in The NASA had a warped sense of Humour...   :D

I Mean 1802m processor "Tech"..... Come on....   ;)  ;)   ::)    :P   :D

And what's the Directional High Gain Antenna for ?

Looks good in a fictional movie I guess.

I thought they would use a Data logger ?   :D

They had personal Com. with base. So why the Truck and accessories.

Definitely a "budget movie" for the masses...   ;D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:47 pm »
As for the movements, I have to look at more images to get an idea.

Same here... need to find any other Rover clips :D

He did mention the HILLS in the background. I have always said they look like they were added in later :P

I recall we were going to look at those once upon a time :D

Lunar Orbiter images show sharp jagged peaks and lots of features...

Apollo surface images show smooth and featureless piles of dirt...

Something is not right... I think the backgrounds were added in later :P  Just like THIS one :D

• Gold 253
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:43:36 pm »
Hi Z,

Looks like some Atmospheric based Erosion has taken place, regarding them there hills,
displayed in/on the Stage "Back Drop", in this photo...   :D

deuem

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 12:40:44 am »
So far every photo I have done looks like the real thing. To make a model so complex would need to be full size. All details on the rover and suits and ships have matched actuals. What would be the reason for models? They had all the money in the world for the real or say full size stuff. The RC issue is a joke in my book because of this. They would have needed to use full size to get in all the details.

One guy, you can find him on line built a model of the LEM, the best one in the world and it took him over 2 years and it still does not look like the real thing. If someone wants to push that it was faked with real size units then that is another story to go with but RC models ? I don't buy it. If I tell you I have not found the smoking gun and that at every turn it justs gets Better. Would that mean anything. The deeper I look the better it gets. I will stick with the photos for now. I don't care if they faked the videos. All I care is if, one time, one person stepped on the moon. That is all that counts. Did they do it at least once. Even for a minute.
\
Deuem

• Gold 253
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 12:53:15 am »
So far every photo I have done looks like the real thing. To make a model so complex would need to be full size. All details on the rover and suits and ships have matched actuals. What would be the reason for models? They had all the money in the world for the real or say full size stuff. The RC issue is a joke in my book because of this. They would have needed to use full size to get in all the details.

One guy, you can find him on line built a model of the LEM, the best one in the world and it took him over 2 years and it still does not look like the real thing. If someone wants to push that it was faked with real size units then that is another story to go with but RC models ? I don't buy it. If I tell you I have not found the smoking gun and that at every turn it justs gets Better. Would that mean anything. The deeper I look the better it gets. I will stick with the photos for now. I don't care if they faked the videos. All I care is if, one time, one person stepped on the moon. That is all that counts. Did they do it at least once. Even for a minute.
\
Deuem

I wouldn't claim the human species has NOT walked on the Moon.

But I would suggest the reason for the "Staged acts" (NOT using radio controlled vehicles)
was an attempt to keep the pubic from viewing what really exists on the moon and what is really going on
regarding the Earth and its place in the realm of things.  :-X

You may find a film studio in England that was involved with some of this.

There are reasons for this taking place, NOT controlled by Government's.

But at the same time this took place during the "cold war", so it had its political uses as well I guess.

Offline exuberant1

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 10
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 02:33:37 am »

One guy, you can find him on line built a model of the LEM, the best one in the world and it took him over 2 years and it still does not look like the real thing.

That's more an argument for why one should seek out a government contract despite one's own incompetence than it is an argument against the USA being able to fake a LEM.

And ultimately what you are saying is that because one man failed to do a thing, that the thing couldn't be done.  That is just bogus. You are effectively saying that the nation which landed men on the moon couldn't convince the only people that matter that we landed men on the moon. The soviets don't matter. The chinese don't matter. If some Russian or Chicom got on TV and said we didn't land on the moon, they'd be laughed at.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:37:03 am by exuberant1 »

Offline exuberant1

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 10
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 02:47:59 am »

But I would suggest the reason for the "Staged acts" (NOT using radio controlled vehicles)
was an attempt to keep the pubic from viewing what really exists on the moon and what is really going on
regarding the Earth and its place in the realm of things.  :-X

More than any other reasons, the most likely purpose to fake the Apollo missions would have been to free up that lifting power for the military. Heck, Have you seen any images of the landing sites which came from soviet, Chinese, Indian or Japanese probes? Nope. Only our probes can see evidence of the lunar landers (so that also means the Soviets could never have blown the whistle by showing us empty landing sites, and even if they had we'd have said they took the pics before our guys got there, or retouched the photos - because that's what communists do: they lie).

*It probably would have only taken two Saturn V rockets to land the materials on the moon necessary to create the facsimile of a lunar mission when viewed from several dozen miles above. The other missions could be used militarily and each could contain the device needed to facilitate the appearance of a craft en route to the moon, so that the boys back on earth can track it to and fro. It's not like anyone would suspect anything.

Offline Lunica

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 37
  • Its al Music
    • AVB Music Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 04:31:48 am »
The only big thing I always question. Why would you do such a very risky thing like driving a buggy on the moon...
Look how things are going on Mars with the rovers now.

Two worlds in IMO.

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 08:37:10 am »
I agree with Matrix :)
They went there, but they were doing a whole lot of stuff besides planting flags & playing golf, and there's a whole lot more on the moon than just rocks.....so much that they couldn't even edit all of it, better to fake the whole scene, it would be quicker & cheaper IMO ::)

• Gold 253
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »
Hi exuberant1,

You wrote  Quote;

because that's what communists do: they lie.

Hell that's a bit unrealistic...   >:(

My Lovely Wife is Chinese.

Have you ever lived in China ?  No ?    I have.

• Gold 253
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 02:55:02 pm »
I agree with Matrix :)
They went there, but they were doing a whole lot of stuff besides planting flags & playing golf, and there's a whole lot more on the moon than just rocks.....so much that they couldn't even edit all of it, better to fake the whole scene, it would be quicker & cheaper IMO ::)

BINGO...  Right on the nail.

There is more than Rocks on that there moon and playing with a poor excuse for a "Go Kart"
or was that a "Go Truck" is plain ridiculous.    :D

I really think some in the NASA is laughing over all this...   :D

I know a little about electric vehicles as I imported many Electric cycles some years ago..

I have also serviced (Repaired) Electric vehicles.

Here are a couple of Photos of a "Go Kart" I designed, with a CBR 250 R engine with sequential shift etc.

Offline Vandalis

• Regular Members
  • Gold 9
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 06:30:46 pm »
Wow, its funny how u never notice these things till there pointed out. Now it stands out so much its funny. Totaly looks like a doll. xD

I meen if you compare that to somone driving a vehicle in the desert or on the beach. They would bounce all over wouldnt they? Looks like there nailed to that rover lol.

As for the backgrounds. Didnt they use that back lit projector thingies? i cant remeber the name.
"We have the ALIEN SPACECRAFT under observence" - NASA

"There certainly are a lot of big boulders...whoop! - WINK!" - Jack Schmitt

• Gold 253
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 07:15:32 pm »
Wow, its funny how u never notice these things till there pointed out. Now it stands out so much its funny. Totaly looks like a doll. xD

I meen if you compare that to somone driving a vehicle in the desert or on the beach. They would bounce all over wouldnt they? Looks like there nailed to that rover lol.

As for the backgrounds. Didnt they use that back lit projector thingies? i cant remeber the name.

On looking at this again Something involving Kinetic behavior of the driver and the other Components, doesn't seem quite right. Esp. if gravity were 1/6 of that of the Earth.

But as John tells us re. Gravity.... I go along with him.

I would like to know your thoughts on this John, regarding the Lunar rover.

Perhaps you can throw some light on this for us.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter