collapse

Author Topic: US Stock Market and Gold / Silver Update  (Read 2648 times)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
US Stock Market and Gold / Silver Update
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:37:12 pm »
I hope to update on the Threads that I posted earlier this year with ref to the US Stock Market and Gold.

Generally so far...Many of the dates and cycles that I indicated did see some very good moves or turn dates in the markets...

I had dates in Late July, and Aug 6th that found highs and went on to have a large decline in the market..

Some inversed...ie made lows instead of highs or vice versa...

BUT  ONE of the MAIN Cycles that I had referred to FAILED...Unfortunately that was the main one that I had in mind..and It made made trading difficult..

But two or three other cycles did make very good moves..and worked very well...

Since then I indicated that the next time Frame that Id be looking at was December to January..

One date I indicated was December 4th... So far this came close to a recent high after the market rallied from the last Sept 28th date
 I had indicated...for a 2000 point rally on the Dow..
That made up for the failure of the Aug 30th cycle.

I think we may be in for another big move in the next 2 weeks...
Maybe another large decline.

Gold August Lows have not held but again I am now looking at the next cycle dates  for it that I indicated

Will try to update in the coming days..

-------------------------------

Update Since my last comments, Fortunately the market did not go on to crash further on Sept 13th with the Shemitah cycle as what was mentioned in an article that I posted.Maybe it was because it came in on a Sunday..or maybe some times it does not react on certain years.

So far the Markets low on August 24th Low held and we did see the Dow Jones make new 3 week highs on Sept 17th that took out the prior late August high since the 24th Aug low.

With all the various Astro and Lunar cycle dates that we have had or may have for September... I wonder will that August 24th Low now hold and we may see a continued rally and avoid any further concerns of a crash.

In another post.. I had indicated that I had cycle dates in for the 24th Aug...as well as Aug 30th.. but I thought that Aug 30th may be a more important date to either come in as a main low or a high..

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=8671.msg118731#msg118731

The 26th/28th Sept date worked really well !  :P

I think if it creates another low today that holds (That is above that of August 24th) that we may see it reverse for the start of a stronger rally that could break above the Sept 17th High.

I think there are some other dates of concern on Sept 23rd and Sept 26th and another Blood moon and Lunar eclipse on Sept 28th..

As the Cycle date I had in mind did not work for the August dates on the Dow.. the next Main one I have in Mind for now comes in December/ early 2016.

Zorgon
Today is the 11th... Two days to the end of Shemitah. Cone Sept 16th I will check back here for the excuses ;)

In the meantime... I need to go make some more money

I wonder if GOLD and SILVER are going up yet?

This is an example of a Cycle Inverse.. That I thought may have been a Low point..but has come in as a high !  at least so far ...

The Dow recently made recent high point close to December 4th..
It has since started a decline..

I have a feeling we could either see an even larger decline than the August one...

or if the market breaks above the recent highs..That the market will make a huge rally to either late December or Mid to late January.

When these cycles come in they usually see large moves one way or the other...and can be a good opportunity to turn small low cost trades into good returns..

This shows a chart for the Dow..

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=djia&insttype=&freq=1&show=&time=8

Then a decline into  4th or 21st to 28th near end of December or into early January 2016.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=8390.0

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:09:02 pm by astr0144 »

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
Re: US Stock Market and Gold / Silver Update
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:25:05 pm »
Gold so what's up with gold, where is all of the gold? I notice all commercials for jewelry, wedding rings and all show white settings, looks like silver. They used to show gold nearly every time.

Has the gold been collected to use in space electronics for the big Motherships of the secret space program! :o

Sorry I gave my heavy pure gold bracelet with pearls to my daughter-in-law in Wales can I get that back please :P
When the debate is lost,
slander becomes the tool of the loser.
Socrates

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 01:22:52 pm »
Gold so what's up with gold, where is all of the gold? I notice all commercials for jewelry, wedding rings and all show white settings, looks like silver. They used to show gold nearly every time.
That's probably platinum, now it's cheaper than gold.

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 02:18:39 pm »

They would normally have a selection of metals, none are gold on any commercials I see any more. if any gold is shown it is a small accent on things I still find it odd.
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 03:23:07 pm »
White gold is used a lot with diamonds these days

But gold prices are dropping like a lead balloon so is silver

Platinum is also falling

Maybe the Space Mines are flodding the market :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »

Possibly but very hard to work with.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 11:38:23 pm »
Wall St. drops as oil's multi-year low adds to investor fears.

Crude Oil also dropped severely lately..

U.S. stocks closed sharply lower on Friday, with the S&P 500 ending its worst week since August, as plunging crude oil prices compounded investor nervousness on expectations for the first U.S. interest rate hike in nearly a decade.

Oil dragged down market as a whole, as investors worried whether a weakness in commodities signaled a broader slowdown.

Furthermore, investors were worried about declines in China's yuan and in high-yield debt markets.

"Positioning has been clearly along the lines of taking risk exposure off," said Michael James, managing director of equity trading at Wedbush Securities in Los Angeles.

The sell-off gained ground ahead of the close as investors took profits on stocks such as Amazon.com <AMZN.O>, which had performed well this year, said Dennis Dick, head of markets structure at Bright Trading LLC in Las Vegas.

"If you had a large oil position you need to raise cash, probably from some of your winners," he said.

The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> fell 309.54 points, or 1.76 percent, to 17,265.21 with every component in the index ending down. The S&P 500 <.SPX> lost 39.86 points, or 1.94 percent, to 2,012.37 and the Nasdaq Composite <.IXIC> dropped 111.71 points, or 2.21 percent, to 4,933.47.

For the week, the S&P 500 fell 3.8 percent in its worst week since Aug. 21. The Dow fell 3.3 percent and Nasdaq dropped 4.1 percent for the week.

Small caps sold off as well. The Russell 2000 index <.RUT> fell 5.1 percent for the week, its biggest weekly percentage decline since May 2012.

The continued plunge in oil prices added to investor uncertainty ahead of the Federal Reserve's expected rate hike after the U.S. central bank's Dec. 15-16 meeting.

Brent futures <LCOc1> fell to an almost seven-year low, while U.S. crude futures <CLc1> fell to just above $35 a barrel after the International Energy Agency said it expected the supply glut to worsen in 2016 as demand slows and OPEC shows no signs of slowing production in its fight for market share.

Adding to the somber mood, China's yuan currency <CNY=> fell to its lowest in 4-1/2 years on concerns about the country's slowing economy and expectations of a U.S. rate hike.

James of Wedbush said investors are worried about high-yield markets, especially as it relates to high-yield debt and energy needs after New York-based Third Avenue Management said Thursday it was trying to liquidate a roughly $1 billion junk bond fund in the biggest failure in the U.S. mutual fund industry since the 2008 financial crisis.

Tracking oil prices, the S&P energy index <.SPNY> fell 3.4 percent, leading the decliners among major S&P sectors. The index has lost 11 percent since the beginning of the month in its worst month since September 2011.

The materials index <.SPLRCM> was down 2.7 percent, weighed down by DuPont and Dow.

Both DuPont <DD.N> and Dow Chemical <DOW.N> shares were down following a deal valuing the combined entity at $130 billion, falling 5.5 percent and 2.8 percent respectively.

Declining issues outnumbered advancing ones on the NYSE by 2,745 to 376, for a 7.30-to-1 ratio on the downside; on the Nasdaq, 2,388 issues fell and 448 advanced for a 5.33-to-1 ratio favoring decliners.

Adobe Systems <ADBE.O> was the S&P 500's sole new 52-week high for the day. The index had 43 new lows; the Nasdaq recorded 19 new highs and 187 new lows.

About 8.3 billion stocks traded on U.S. exchanges compared with the 6.98 billion average for the last 20 sessions, according to Thomson Reuters data.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/futures-down-sharply-oil-hits-seven-low-122131831--finance.html

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 11:49:50 am »
As you can see gold is being accumulated not only in the East (China and India) but also in Europe, Middle East and North Africa. The major selling seems to be in the US and mostly in the paper gold market, which still has control of price at least for now.

Gold is an opaque market but my research and anecdotal evidence shows me that there is a lot of accumulation of gold going on that takes gold of the market for a long time. This is not short-term buying. Based on recent statements, as I already stated above, coming out from European central bankers, I would not be surprise to hear that Europe will soon start buying gold for its official reserves.

The Graphs here are really interesting.
https://www.goldbroker.com/news/where-all-gold-going-862
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 04:36:03 pm »
Thanks for this Information on Gold Dyna..

It does look very indepth and interesting information

The Graphs here are really interesting.
https://www.goldbroker.com/news/where-all-gold-going-862

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 04:45:17 pm »
I meant to post some further info on this..before today.

It maybe that the large down move I suggested has already started..I was aware that a top may had came in between the 4th to 7th....and was expecting the start of the next main move either later to  the end of this past week or Monday ..

But the market declined much quicker than I was initially expecting.. I thought it would hang around in a range for a few days..before making a large sell off.

But The Dow declined severely (700 point )in the last 2 days from a 17800 level to 17100 so far...Starting the large decline from around Mid day Thursday 17th.

I am now curious to see if it continues to decline severely again into into next week

One date I indicated was December 4th... So far this came close to a recent high after the market rallied from the last Sept 28th date
 I had indicated...for a 2000 point rally on the Dow..
That made up for the failure of the Aug 30th cycle.

I think we may be in for another big move in the next 2 weeks...
Maybe another large decline.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:50:57 pm by astr0144 »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56