collapse

Author Topic: ALIENS - Real or Obfuscation? or "How I got into this mess!"  (Read 14687 times)

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
Re: ALIENS - Real or Obfuscation? or "How I got into this mess!"
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:02 am »
A conversation with the guy that raised the question about a pyramid or something hidden in Alaska. Pretty interesting seemingly personal account, while a warrant officer!

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 09:14:15 am »
A very long time ago....

In A galaxy now merging with this one...

Before "Ancient Aliens" was a term anyone was familiar with, I watched a debate on TV show in Toronto. It was this show that started me on the path of research that led to where I am today.

The show was the Pierre Berton Show. It was a debate format

On the one side was a lady Archaeologist. She had all the degrees and was considered an expert in her field

On the other side was then unknown Eric von Danekin, author of "Chariots of the Gods"  a book that cause instant stir challenging religious and scientific beliefs at the time

Pierre Berton was often a  critiques of mainstream religion so this was right up his alley. Turns out Pierre is a family member on my wife's side

During the course of the debate Eric would present items and the archaeologist would rebut them

At the end of the debate Pierre said to Eric  "While I do not agree with your findings, I never the less declare you winner of this debate because of how you handled yourself"

Subject of the debate was Ancient Aliens and how Eric believed that certain artifacts and landmarks around the world are signs of past Alien visitations. At the time his book came out this was a relatively new concept

Now what made me interested was that every time Eric presented an item, he did so calmly, and ALWAYS maintained "This is how I interpret it, you will have to research and make up your own mind"

To this day he still uses that philosophy... merely presents his finds, offers his interpretation and leaves it to the reader to decide in the end

On the other side the "lady" expert, every time Pierre asked her for her version of what these items represents she had no answer. All she did was raise her voice, get agitated and finally resorted to name calling and character assassination. She called into question where Eric had received schooling while pontificating which degrees she had

All the while Eric smiled and stuck to his presentation. Never returned attack, just simply asked her to explain the items

Moral of the story...

It's not whether you are right or wrong that matters, its how you present the material that wins people over.

The minute you start attacking the opponent or resorting to name calling, you HAVE LOST the debate, no matter which side has the truth

Something to ponder when posting in a forum

::)

This is exactly why I have seen you as a wise teacher of researchers, Z, Ive learned a great deal from my time spent here from you, Seeker, Thor and many others.

There is always two sides to any story, regardless of how wild and crazy one side may or may not be, and to ignore or dismiss one side is akin to ignoring oxygen's very existence, while breathing it to live.

On the latest comments of pyramids "under the ground", Ive always thought there is a secondary element to pyramids, whereas the area beneath the pyramid is either a metaphorical form, or an actual physical aspect of the above ground portion. Considering the amount of underground elements of the GP, and tunnels found in many subsurface sites where pyramids are or were, theres something to be said for how a pyramid might just be a frosting upon a vastly more interesting cake.

Along with the idea of Dulce-like places..ancient or modern...I feel the underground portion of our planet holds all the answers to not only past civilizations, but to clues of those who may have visited here, and how the locals built megalithic edifices to protect themselves from whatever those visitors were.

Could things falling from the sky, have been lifeforms? Or were they just fire and brimstone? or...both?

Dolmens, megalithic complexes, Pyramids, while some say might be piezoelectric in nature, to me seem like hideyholes for something important at that spot underground, which have been long concealed by geological activity.

Just my three cents..

Cheers!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 12:06:14 pm »
Here is another about it from LMH

Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 03:19:36 am »
This is exactly why I have seen you as a wise teacher of researchers, Z, Ive learned a great deal from my time spent here from you, Seeker, Thor and many others.

Thank you for the kind words, Lil Enki;  8) Have a spot of Gold
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline yazzie03

• Regular Members
  • Gold 1
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 10:38:44 am »
Personally i find it not only hard,but also foolish to accept everything mainstream archaeologists propose. But on the other hand i am not really a big alien fan,and i do not have a theory of mine which i am radical about.I simply like being skeptic and more importantly always trying to find reason in everything.That being said,let's move on to the actual review.

Info : http://moviesonline.gy/watch/pxwkknxz-ancient-aliens-season-12.html

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 08:19:43 pm »
William Pullin
Posted at FB  ยท May 4 at 1:53pm
The Jaroslaw Brothers Hoax..

....teenaged brothers Dan and Grant Jaroslaw testified that on January 9th of 1967 they witnessed an unidentified flying object hovering over Lake St. Clair from their vantage point on Mount Clemens in Michigan state. The brothers stated that the object promptly took off at speed in a southeasterly direction, but that they had managed to take four photographs of the UFO. The photographs were published in multiple newspapers and UFO-related publications and eventually analyzed by the U.S. Air Force's Project Blue Book.

The official conclusion given by Blue Book was "insufficient data for evaluation", as the Air Force was unable to examine the original negatives. Later, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Project Blue Book's scientific consultant, stated "analysis so far does not show any indication of a possible hoax". As time passed, the images were generally accepted as authentic by the UFO research community, however in 1976, the brothers wrote a letter to Dr. Hynek confessing that they had hoaxed the photographs and had let the situation get out of hand. They wrote that the reported "UFO" was a model suspended with a fine thread.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter