collapse

Author Topic: A Call To Arms...  (Read 45644 times)

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
Re: A Call To Arms...
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2017, 12:37:59 am »
Things are moving ahead people; more changes are coming to the forum and LivingMoon website...

8)

Seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2017, 10:41:51 am »
This is very disappointing, people; 495 members at Pegasus and upwards of 100 guests a day to the forum, and exactly 13 people have stepped forward to answer the call.  ::)

Seriously, people, there is such a tremendous volume of research data available only here, for free, for years; free of annoying and distracting click ads, no popup ads, and especially no restrictive or heavy handed moderation...

::)

Seeker

To be sure, if I was not homeless, destitute, disabled, and sleeping on the floors of friends, using Their wifi, I would be donating.  [smile]  But I surely could use a hand as well.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2017, 11:05:02 am »
How much, a ball park figure would the forum need to keep open on a yearly basis.

Currently the server is charging $334.80 annually for the main living moon account. It is set to auto deduct on Jan 1st  Then there are the Domain name registrations(we have 5 currently and Seeker will be adding 2), site lock security(stops hackers and mal ware from being added to the webpages)

01/03/17   RECURRING PAYMENT AUTHORIZED ON 01/01 EIG*Globat 866-5392854 MA xxxxxxxxx CARD xxxx       $334.80

Currently we have had to remove all the PDZF files and the Video collection because now that we are on a shared server, when someone sets a ROBOT to repeatedlt download a huge file, it ties up that server for everyone on it...  so we no longer have file sharing

Since few people really ever bother to LOOK at those files and videos  it isn't a big deal but before we had unlimited file sharing on a dedicated server (only us on that server)

I think the problem with reaching out to the 80,000 is probably mostly a matter of THEY DON'T SEE the request

IF someone enters the site from the front page at Livingmoon they will see the TIP blurb and the direct link to the gofundme site

However if they are visiting the site via google search they bypass that front page

So I need to learn how to have that visible on all pages without annoying people

Wikipedia has a popup that comes up on each page for a few seconds then fades away... THAT would be nice and can be used for other announcements as well

Also the FORUM is sorely in need of an update  As of now we cannot access the front page to change the message

I will do a full back up today and we can try the upgrade tonight and hopefully fix that. The other option is start a NEW clean copy of the forum, reset all the bells and whistles then attempt to import this database

That would also give us the black background option back

I will be away for a week end of Feb... but when I return Seeker Thor and myself will be full focus on changes.  I am almost finished repairing all the menues  Only John lear's and the Main pegasus menus need fixing. The matreial is still there the but needs organization

Offline Norval

• Gold 161
  • hmmmm what should go here? Ahh, a question!
    • Crater Chains Research
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2017, 06:21:05 pm »
hmmmmm is this a back door?   :P

I think yah need to unstick this thread before yah tries and lockses it and moveses it?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:23:48 pm by Norval »
It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
 What will you know tomorrow? Have a question?
Send me an email at craterchains@yahoo.com

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2017, 08:06:19 pm »
hmmmmm is this a back door?   :P

I think yah need to unstick this thread before yah tries and lockses it and moveses it?
  Nope, no back door  8)  only parts were moved but thanks for trying to help  :P

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2017, 12:19:21 pm »
All right people; this thread has been lying dormant now since the middle of February  8) unfortunately, so has the GoFundme campaign associated with it...

I am putting this out there for member discussion and will post an email address so guests can have a say also: I just want everyone's reaction to going to the forum one day and discovering that it is locked down tight, requiring a login to access anything, a login that you have to pay for;

or have a popup ad appear every time you click a link for a page; so you tell me  8)

There is an affiliate link for Amazon and for Walmart.com on the forum; for those of you that do shop online at either, by clicking the link on the site, Pegasus receives a token percentage from your purchases; and no, it does not add to your purchase price, it comes out of the seller's take...

contact email for non-members is theseeker@thelivingmoon.com answers to questions will be posted in this thread along with the questions

so which would you rather do: donate the cost of a good cup of coffee every now and then, or pay a monthly/yearly subscription fee? Or put up with those annoying ads...

Seeker
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:21:32 pm by The Seeker »
Seekers Domain

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »
I would be willing to pay a subscription fee. The GoFundMe links usually don't work for me.  Sometimes the site won't load for me.  I blame that on the phone that needs replacement.  I stay away from sites that have constant ads.  I do use the Amazon link here, and I probably spend too much money on Amazon.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline fansongecho

• We search by night and day -
  • Gold 31
  • Check.. Check-6
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2017, 03:15:30 am »
I don't mind, either a Go Fund me, or direct donation -

I was wondering though, why don't John L and his very close friends write either a factional novel, or a fact based book about the moon and its anomalies ?..  or the Area 51 and other unacknowledged AOA sites ? 

I am sure that there must be enough stories to fill one or two volumes?, and I suspect that they would get gobbled up in no time - Doesn't Rich Dolan have a publishing company ?

cheers! Fans' :D 8)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2017, 04:14:11 am »
I would be willing to pay a subscription fee.

Working on that... as soon as I figure out how to provide regular content for subscribers :D  I had once thought access to documents would be a feature but no one reads them :P

::)

The GoFundMe links usually don't work for me.  Sometimes the site won't load for me.  I blame that on the phone that needs replacement.

That is a very good point  I have issues with people buying from Ebay via phones. Seems the phone apps are not good enough to use all the features like combined shipping  and over 50% of ebay sales are phone

This is also why Windows 10 made the new crappy basic white with black text  and dropped all the years of work on making pretty windows... The phones can't handle it :P

I stay away from sites that have constant ads.

So do I I get many offers for ads but I won't post those annoy ones that pop up and scream at you :P The bottom link banner on the menu pages is not that obtrusive  but don't yet know if it works

Direct banner links like Kim Greenhouse are passive and paid for for a period of time. If they pan out they get renewed. Same with text link ads. The ones we have most people don't even know are there as they are cleverly hidden and in context  Those pay really well and run a year. If I could find an agent to get those that would be great :D

I do use the Amazon link here, and I probably spend too much money on Amazon.

That is much appreciated and it does work. Costs you nothing but we get a small commission  It is really great that Amazon allows this because unlike other ads that rely on new accounts, Amazon pays forever as long as they use the Pegasus door.  And the affiliate links are static  so not annoying

Don't know how Walmart pans out yet... but they allow me to use my own link, which Amazon doesn't

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2017, 04:29:19 am »
I don't mind, either a Go Fund me, or direct donation -

Just a note: Gofundme charges 5% (not bad) and Paypal 3% and a 30 cent one time fee  So a $1.00 donation nets us .65 cents :P

The original intent of the fundraiser was to wake up the SILENT MAJORITY  the millions of monthly hits that view fir free. They must like what they see as they keep coming back  :P

Perhaps a funding drive like PBS does with pledges   and you get a cup or T-shirt for certain level. Maybe even a garage sale on line for certain items say like a Lunar orbiter photo book from the 70's  :D

One thing that happened when I got John to put in his request for help was that all the attention switched from Pegasus to him :P  because people know he is associated with us and many thing Pegasus is his website :P

Well he reached his goal YAY!! and he did need it for more serious immediate needs :D

I was wondering though, why don't John L and his very close friends write either a factional novel, or a fact based book about the moon and its anomalies ?..  or the Area 51 and other unacknowledged AOA sites ?

On that note:
John has attempted to start a book several times  Years ago back at ATS Beth (Undo) and I started on laying out the format for the first book  In fact this image on the front of Livingmoon is the original cover design

But it never got going because John said he didn't want to go to book as he clanged his mind to often  And on a forum you can correct yourself but not in print.

Then recently his daughter Zoe was starting on a book but I have not heard if that has gone anywhere... That was before Four Names got into the mix

As for ME  I am working on a concept for a book It will be my gate and portal theory and how it all ties together. But I need an assistant  or Ghost Writer... heck I will even take a co author as long as my idea is kept intact...

I have been years gathering the bits   Time to start laying out the paragraphs.  While I write thousands of posta and webpages monthly, I have never tried a full out book  LD

Doesn't Rich Dolan have a publishing company ?

I did not know that I will check  I just heard Dolan attack the MUFON Secret space program idgit :D  warning people to not get caught up in that  Interesting   I will look into him re books

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:11:51 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2017, 04:33:22 am »
I will also say a

VERY BIG THANK YOU

to all of you loyal friend who have helped. It has really been a big help

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2017, 07:14:37 am »

well Z i think i've tossed a few ideas at ya in the past..

maybe go with talk is cheap and the forum 'talk' is free but any of the  info otherwise is considered worth buying a ticket for..
you can buy a ticket for  a month or year or whatever time you  decide
and that gets you into the more private areas..which you can list so folks would know what is there
also  perhaps a membership thing with a nice special color for the names and avatars for time spend contributing

also have the donations thing open and
maybe an exchange room for members to exchange 'stuff' or barter stuff or perhaps even purchase stuff...

then every so often a preview hour or so to see one of the 'rooms' with info as a taste test

the stuff you have at the living moon is a library that should only be accessible to those with a library card.. (fee involved)

me personally  i don't do paypal or such or buy on line and when i donate i like to do cash and be anonymous  or just one on one

with getting older there are a lot of things i don't need anymore and in very good condition so i do take a lot of stuff to the salvation army or donate to the vets.....i would have no trouble handing it over to folks   here..but not sure how to do that right now

and i know  of a few folks who are writing books so a book place would be really good
and yeah i also know you need an assistance to do a bunch of this
and sorry that my computer skills are so limited

anyway tossing in my thoughts and sending really really good vibes for  this

hugs
D

ps  oh yeah looking at what folks  are reading might give you a good handle on what to make 'payable'
 ;D

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2017, 10:27:53 am »
Working on that... as soon as I figure out how to provide regular content for subscribers :D  I had once thought access to documents would be a feature but no one reads them.

I always have trouble trying to access all the files, the comprehensive menu page, and the PDFs. We could use these links front and center, so they're easier to access.

For some reason, even after looking around, I haven't been able to get there. I was originally trying to access the McMoon pages and never got there.

:(
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2017, 02:30:21 pm »
As for ME  I am working on a concept for a book It will be my gate and portal theory and how it all ties together. But I need an assistant  or Ghost Writer... heck I will even take a co author as long as my idea is kept intact...
I can only proofread (I was a proofreader for Project Gutenberg for two years or so), but if you need it just say it. :)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter