collapse

Author Topic: Award Winning Manga to be Freely Used, Author Will Not Request Royalties  (Read 31719 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Re: Award Winning Manga to be Freely Used, Author Will Not Request Royalties
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:28 am »
And how is this 'social currency' any different from money... which started out as social currency in the first place?

There is no way for a few to control the many.  There is no starvation and dying of thirst for lack of currency.  There is no material poverty.  There is no motive to hide cures and innovations.  There is no way to steal it.  There is no motive to defraud.  ...

And money did NOT start as social currency.  Meaningful energy expended in energy scarcity was the beginning of physical exchange:  I'll give You what My meaningful energy expended produced for what Your meaningful energy expended produced.

In Toronto several businesses set up a barter system. We were selling security systems so we would barter a home alarm to those in the system who needed one and they would return whatever service that they provided.

As I have said before, when I say "money," I mean ALL exchange:  barter, trade, work exchange, shells, beads, coins, bills, checks, electronic funds.  So bringing in an exchange example for illustration is moot.

Your system could work fine on a small local level... it can NEVER work on a Global scale...

You are only saying that because You are still approaching it from that scarcity paradigm which requires accounting for the energy expended.

It would require setting back the clock to a simpler age... and that would NEVER fit into the program of the majority of people today

No, it would not.  100% of the cost of anything is energy.  Remove the cost of energy and everything is free.  You are still stuck in the (energy) scarcity paradigm.

The example you used of sex for social currency... it has limits. Sooner or later you will reach saturation and then start to decline in production and eventually be cast aside for someone better.

Huh?  I have no idea what You're trying to illustrate here...

What do you do then? Back to more welfare? And what use is social currency if you cannot spend it or trade it or whatever?

No need for welfare once the cost of energy is removed.  No need to exchange for good food, appropriate clothing, comfortable housing and transportation anywhere.

Sounds good on paper... works okay in small scale test scenarios... but the logistics of even trying to convert the current system would be a near if not impossible task

Again, You assume a need to exchange.  There is none in the abundance paradigm.

But for it to have ANY chance of success you need to provide an interim solution that is acceptable to all... because if you cannot tell people how they will survive during the transition without hardship, your plan will fall on deaf ears

[sigh]  We are DOING the "interim solution" NOW.  All We need to do is add free energy, promote it and spend missile money on implementing it and as the cost of energy is removed, things become cheaper and cheaper until they're free.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:10 am »

...don't tell me that the first people that would be forced to go do those jobs no one else wants to...

No One will be forced to do anything but follow the three Laws.  Those jobs no one wants to do will be done by ROBOTS.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 09:38:45 am »
But see? You are contradicting your own (Amy's) plan. She says that if you work for free and do good you will earn social currency and 'spotlight'

No...  I am saying that if You work at YOUR BLISS and do well...You will earn social currency.  And if You do not do well...You have spent Your time in bliss.

So yes I have been harmed greatly because those people have stolen my 'spotlight' and in fact there is no mention of me at all... so all my work and ME don't even exist.

This will be radically reduced in T.A.P.  You will have Personal Witness to prove Your work, there will be negative social currency for trying to claim Others' work, and little motive to do so.

So where is my BLISS? To sit and watch others get the 'spotlight' for what should be my joy to share? My bliss in creating the work?

In this money motivated society, You are limited in time spent in Your bliss.  In T.A.P., ALL Your time can be spent as You would like.

Quite frankly then, if you deny me the justice of seeing that social currency or 'spotlight' which Amy says is all we get, then you are bring a hypocrite and have just given the answer why AP will never work

You will not be denied in T.A.P.

You guys are trying to sell your program to us based on being able to do what we want. our BLISS...  but if others take that away from you, then my Bliss would very quickly evolve to Anger. If it continues to not have a solution that returns mt Bliss it will evolve to Hatred and then to Action that will not be good.

Others will not take Your work in T.A.P.

In effect... just back to where we are today

Not at all.

That is the BIGGEST flaw with your system... you guys are like a broken record, stuck on that word "Money"

No.  You are stuck in the scarcity paradigm.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:40:19 am by Amaterasu »

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:53 am »
If i need to eat I am perfectly capable of going out into the Nevada Desert and hunt deer, grouse or jack rabbit or dig up a Yucca root and pick some prickey pears. In fact I have a batch of those right now. Can catch some fish in the lake... so don't need money to eat

Great.  If you realise that, you're ahead of the curve, relative to most people. :D

But if no one gives me credit for my work, then explain to me why I should continue wasting my time? If others can just take it for free and post it as their own... what is the point?

It might surprise you, but we are in full agreement, here.  Ego gratification has been one of the guiding forces of virtually every gift economy on record, at least that I've read about.  You probably about the Native American concept of the potlatch, where those who were considered wealthy tried to outdo each other not in terms of the amount that they had, but the amount that they tried to give away.

So absolutely, I insist on the right of attribution, 100%.  The license I've used for pretty much anything I've done in the past, has been the BSD license; I'll quote the relevant parts for you.

Copyright (c) <YEAR>, <OWNER>
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

I am not, as I have perhaps said, an advocate of copyright; in my own case, the copyright statement is left there primarily as a place to put my name.  Hence, the preservation of my name being attached to my work, is one of the legal conditions of anyone using my material, under this license.

If you have not done so in the past, I would suggest using something similar to this, and keeping a record of your having done so; and that way, if someone does plagiarise your work, you have the means of contesting said plagiarism.

I will, however, also make another point here; and that is to answer your question about why you should bother to do something at all, if it is simply going to be plagiarised.  While ego gratification is an important secondary motivation, (and can actually be applied for positive ends, if it is done appropriately) the real definition of someone's passion, at least in my own mind, is something that is done for reasons that go beyond said ego gratification.  In other words, it's something you'd do whether you were going to receive public adulation for it after the fact or not, simply because of the degree of joy you derive from it at the time.

Nobody will ever see what I have built in Minecraft, as one example.  Very few people, if any, will ever see the scripting work I did while using FreeBSD.  Most of my time as a Hunter within World of Warcraft was spent alone, as well.  Yet I would happily spend every last second I invested in all of those activities, all over again, regardless of the lack of public exposure, simply because of the degree of happiness that they provided me.

So while, yes, plagiarism would upset me, and I still consider avoiding it important, it ultimately would not prevent me from engaging in an activity which was truly emotionally gratifying to me, purely for its' own sake.

[youtube]hqav3L5_0O4[/youtube]
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 11:25:04 am »
As one other point; Amy, do you know about NESARA?  I only found out about it myself a few days ago.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2012, 11:33:03 am »
Sounds familiar....  Links...?

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:53:32 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2012, 02:18:38 pm »
Thanks, Thor.  I emailed them...  [grin]

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »
Those jobs no one wants to do will be done by ROBOTS.

ROBOTS    :o

Well bring em ON baby!!! I got my BLISS right here...

EMP cannon... take those suckers right out with one shot :D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »
[sigh]  We are DOING the "interim solution" NOW.

How? Raising 'awareness' is not a solution. How will you feed clothe and house people until your utopia is reached?

All We need to do is add free energy,

Well there is the hitch right there... there is no such thing as free energy. You have been duped.

It is true that energy is abundant all over the multiverse, but harnessing it, distributing it in a convenient way and using it are NOT free, no matter how your try to frame it :D

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2012, 05:34:18 pm »
How? Raising 'awareness' is not a solution. How will you feed clothe and house people until your utopia is reached?

Did not say *I* was doing it.  I said WE were doing it.  Soup kitchens, Salvation Armies, charity orgs, welfare, e&t&c.

Well there is the hitch right there... there is no such thing as free energy. You have been duped.

It is true that energy is abundant all over the multiverse, but harnessing it, distributing it in a convenient way and using it are NOT free, no matter how your try to frame it :D

Initially, true.  But...  Once the cost of the energy to build the machines (local access - like in Your home, in the factories, in the farm equip., etc.) and distributing them, the cost of building & distributing AND using will be FREE!

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »

undo -

You asked if I think this will work.

Truthfully I do not know.

And frankly I am skeptical.

However...

I also see it as I would being present at the first Wright brothers test flight where everyone was skeptical.

It has never been done before, and it is unknown if it even CAN be done, and the odds don't look good.

Sure looks worth a shot and a few crash landings to see if it COULD work though.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:58:36 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2012, 12:25:58 am »
Did not say *I* was doing it.  I said WE were doing it.  Soup kitchens, Salvation Armies, charity orgs, welfare, e&t&c.

Noble indeed to help those in need...  ;D

Well that works fine for the homeless, but I am not ready to give up my house and live in shelters and eat in soup kitchens... and neither will the rest of those in the working and middle class, the main target audience.

If it came down to that I will take my tent city on the road and set up camp somewhere comfortable...  maybe a benevolent farmer will have a spot of land not in use in trade for work :D And I have room for 60 in that city... more if they bring their own tent :D

But I like my creature comforts :P

It's the interim getting from here...

Initially, true.  But... 

to here...

using will be FREE!

that is the problem ;)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 09:36:55 am »
Noble indeed to help those in need...  ;D

Well that works fine for the homeless, but I am not ready to give up my house and live in shelters and eat in soup kitchens... and neither will the rest of those in the working and middle class, the main target audience.

If it came down to that I will take my tent city on the road and set up camp somewhere comfortable...  maybe a benevolent farmer will have a spot of land not in use in trade for work :D And I have room for 60 in that city... more if they bring their own tent :D

But I like my creature comforts :P

It's the interim getting from here...

to here...

that is the problem ;)

z, We continue as We have been except that We add free energy and promote it and finance it from government.  Somehow We will get there, as We somehow are getting from yesterday to today to tomorrow.  Add the free energy, and step by step, the cost of energy will be removed.  Nothing much changes except in how much One has to pay for things.  Today this costs $20; tomorrow $15.  A week or a month or a year...  Zero.  And that includes robots to remove the need for Humans to do things They don't WANT to do.

You seem to think that in order to have T.A.P., We need to do something differently outside of providing the means to have free energy.  We don't.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]