collapse

Author Topic: The Whys and the Wherefores  (Read 18313 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
The Whys and the Wherefores
« on: December 11, 2013, 12:21:36 pm »
Starting this is very difficult.

When I was very young, I knew I was going to do something important.  I did not know what that was.  It drove Me itchy often, looking at My life as it passed by and wondering what I was supposed to do with all these data I was collecting.

I also was taught that We had the technology to extract the energy We swim in, and could control gravity.  I did not know about the impact of this until much later.

As time passed, and I moved into teenhood, I still had that burning in My mind, as the itch managed to get Me every so often despite the direction I strove to concentrate on.  And I would step back and feel frustrated.

I followed the prescribed course of getting a job and inputting My Human energy into things that "earned" My living, but really, except for the initial learning of the duty, left Me bored to tears.  EveryOne I worked with was just waiting for the weekend, as the song goes.

I went into banking, dropping out of college to get married.  This, though I waited for the weekends, was a blessing.  I got to observe this system of money from an angle many don't, and discovered that I almost knew the way it all worked, astounding the trainers in My General Ledger class by explaining things to those around Me when They didn't get it.

Through My 20's and into My 30's, I moved from banking to what I love to do:  create graphics for Others.  (And I still do graphics on request.)  It was a step down in pay to get the on-the-job training, but I knew that's what I wanted to do.

And still, that itch that I struggled with all along itched.

Through Kinko's to a contract working directly with the military - which gave further perspective in the field of data I managed to collect.  The contract ended in September of 2001, as priorities shifted.  Out into the post-911 job market this now 40-something, slightly eccentric feminine Human.

Crazy times ensued, and so did the interweb.

In 2008 I read a book called Entropy and when Jeremy made it very clear that money and all the suffering it causes on this abundant planet was accounting for Human energy expended (I got accounting tokens for the time/energy I expended into the system of money - heh, banking, yeah), and that the solution was simply to provide free energy and ensure no One feels compelled against Their will - which meant robots.  The problem always has been, at the root, how do You get People to do things They don't want to do.  And I can see We have THAT well on the way.

When it all came together, I knew what that thing was, and the itch went away.   In its place is a keen desire to do all I can to fulfill this.

I am also willing to do all that is within My ability to sustain Myself, and I do look at job after job.  I have "agents."  Every day I apply to any that I can remotely justify qualifications.  I admit to avoiding the west coast.

And so this now 50's - and heading into the latter part of that decade - woman, with a solution that has been Her drive throughout Her life, and therefore even more eccentric, seeks either a job, or a patron for Her work.

Today I burden a friend.  No more than $600 a month, I would guess.  For His support, though He struggles, I love Him dearly.  I have asked for a patron now and then on twitter, but none have stepped up.

So, if I can do it from here and it's worth $600 a month, or it's somewhere else and will "pay the bills," and I can do it, let Me know.  And if My work is important to You too, and You have $600 a month to offer, I would welcome Your patronage.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
Re: The Whys and the Wherefores
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:16:13 pm »
i would skip applying to dod jobs atm.  they are cutting everything back.  they have GS 5 guys doing their normal jobs plus the jobs of paygrades above them, so they are probably not hiring anybody with alot seniority.  like if you were a GS 10, for example, they'd just have the GS 10 train a GS 5 to do their job before hiring another GS 10.  this is what happens when people call for cuts in military spending.  people make less money, folks who earned their seniority don't get hired when their jobs are axed, and some GS 5 has twice the workload.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:19:33 pm »
i'm pondering your situation, amy. gimme a few to think about it.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 01:34:10 pm »
first suggestion

seasonal work.  with christmas coming up, sometimes smaller towns will have little art fairs where people can buy hand crafted christmas goods.  examples might be simple wooden houses (just a chunk of wood, cut in the shape of house with a sloped roof, painted in christmas colors that can be hung on the tree or placed underneath it or on a nearby table.

handcrafted wreaths -- go pick some evergreen branches, create wreaths with it, and add some decoration, like a bow, or just sell the wreaths as is.  check the local town and see if they have any christmas events where people sell arts and crafts.

check if there are any traveling art fairs, like renaissance festivals and see when they are in the closest town and  if they allow tables for crafted stuff. then get with zorgon as he has all kinds of renaissance festival connections, including people who might be able to work out an agreement for you to sell their stuff at a local fair for a commission.  examples are chain mail, replica swords and daggers, robes, cloaks, gowns, that kinda thing.

if you're any good at playing a musical instrument, find out the laws regarding playing instruments on a sidewalk for donations and see if you can get hired playing it for seasonal events. 

check if there are book festivals, and hawk your book at them. 

offer your services as a speaker on the subject of enki, to ufo conferences, write up a presentation and a book on the subject, put your tap book next to it on your book table and mention it during your presentation, like tellinger does.

think what the worst jobs are.  check if any are available,

offer your services as a nanny or companion for the elderly or baby sitter.  offer your services as a pet sitter.  offer to edit people's college papers for a fee. 

thinking...
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 01:53:14 pm »
grow bonsai trees and sell them on ebay.
those things are worth a fortune. 

paint christmas pictures on something you can find laying around in the woods, like flat smooth stones or large pieces of bark.  weave baskets from twigs and branches you might find laying around on the ground. 

start hydroponic decorative plants garden and sell the plants to local nurseries.

make your own scented cachets with christmas fragrances.   sew little pouches, fill them with something absorbent, douse the absorbent filler with a scented christmas oil, tie it up with little ribbon, sell at christmas fairs or on ebay.

offer to house sit while people are out of town.

check out what programs are available for female entrepreneurs and start a small business of some kind.

think of a fun charitable program to create, raise funds to get it started,  get it on 501 status. 

check the local good will, salvation army or other second hand store, if they are hiring. in hard times, the cheaper stuff sells best so those places are probably crazy busy

learn to recognize valuable items in yard sales.  shop the yard sales, pick up the stuff for cheap and resell on ebay or auction.

have yard sales filled with stuff you've picked up or created yourself, or both. 
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 01:55:50 pm »
restaurants are busy at christmas. see if you can get a job working as a waitress in one of the nicer restaurants (don't accept dishwasher, cook or hostess. that's a rip off. if you're friendly and personable, you will make many tips)

check catering services and wedding planners. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:58:53 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 02:06:19 pm »
events planning.  there are many christmas parties and new years parties this time of year, and they need people to coordinate the required materials.  offer your services in the local newspaper to do that, including arranging special things like santa visits or christmas foods like frosted christmas cookies or spice cakes that they pay for. you just get the stuff ordered and sent to their place. 

do you have a car or internet phone?
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 02:17:41 pm »
first suggestion

seasonal work.  with christmas coming up, sometimes smaller towns will have little art fairs where people can buy hand crafted christmas goods.  examples might be simple wooden houses (just a chunk of wood, cut in the shape of house with a sloped roof, painted in christmas colors that can be hung on the tree or placed underneath it or on a nearby table.

If My hands could stand carving for more than a few minutes, I might go for houses - I imagine a knife suitable could be laid hands upon.  Paints and brushes too, maybe.  I have none.  I know I love to carve but gave it up because My hands started hurting.  Maybe it is different now that I'm taking MSM.

handcrafted wreaths -- go pick some evergreen branches, create wreaths with it, and add some decoration, like a bow, or just sell the wreaths as is.  check the local town and see if they have any christmas events where people sell arts and crafts.

I'm unsure what the property owners would think of that, and most of said around here would require some climbing.  I imagine I could get stuff to make bows, and string to bind the branches.  I have none.

check if there are any traveling art fairs, like renaissance festivals and see when they are in the closest town and  if they allow tables for crafted stuff. then get with zorgon as he has all kinds of renaissance festival connections, including people who might be able to work out an agreement for you to sell their stuff at a local fair for a commission.  examples are chain mail, replica swords and daggers, robes, cloaks, gowns, that kinda thing.

My biggest problem with this (and is also a problem in others) is that I have no transportation and must rely on others.

if you're any good at playing a musical instrument, find out the laws regarding playing instruments on a sidewalk for donations and see if you can get hired playing it for seasonal events.

I used to play the recorder 25-30ish years ago...  I don't presently have one.

check if there are book festivals, and hawk your book at them.

Tough to do with a kindle only pub.  Here:  take this flyer home and order it...  Not sure how time-effective that would be... 

offer your services as a speaker on the subject of enki, to ufo conferences, write up a presentation and a book on the subject, put your tap book next to it on your book table and mention it during your presentation, like tellinger does.

I already have written up a presentation, in My thread, "T.A.P., You're It."  I have offered it to many and have been ignored.  No kindle to show My book on, either.

think what the worst jobs are.  check if any are available,

They all are labor-intensive.  I doubt I would last long.  And I'm not sure where I would check...

offer your services as a nanny or companion for the elderly or baby sitter.  offer your services as a pet sitter.  offer to edit people's college papers for a fee. 

Reliable transportation would be a must for the first, not insurmountable...  Unsure where I would advertise for the latter, maybe craigslist...  And I am not sure that is something I could do very well.  What would I charge?  And is it steady?

thinking...

I appreciate that.  [smile]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 02:22:00 pm »
offer your services as ms. santa claus or a christmas elf. lol

find a huge church and see if they need any help with planning, advertising or maintenance of some kind.

go to the nearest mall and put in an app at every store
go the main office for the mall and see if they are hiring for parking lot cleaners, decorations, removal of decorations and so on.

check if any libraries are hiring.

there are alot of jobs this time of year because of the christmas and new years thing. 

JOIN THE GAME!

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »
Theres some folks on amazon selling first year pecan trees.direct nut planting.i bought one.find the hardiest of a breed that grows natural in your area.since your in georgia.may i reccomend paw paw.
Its not too late to get started if you can get ahold of the seeds.plant them in trays of soil.they will winter and then sprout in the spring.i would buy from you.if you keep your price low we could all hit amazon at once to get your ratings up and we could all give you five stars.
I know i want a hardy threesome of paw paws.they are almost extinct in my area.maybe we could all preorder so you know how many you will need.we together can get you rolling but i cant guarantee success.you can use the local dirt and not potting soil.just dont say so.say potting soil.or steralize the soil in a pressure cooker.
You can buy the starter trays or get them for free from landscapers.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 02:25:23 pm »
robo's got some cool ideas

too bad about the transportation problem

also, i think zorgon offered to help you by teaching you what to do to sell and list your stuff on his store or ebay, so get back with him on that as well

what would it take to get tap you're it on amazon books?

JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 02:30:39 pm »
restaurants are busy at christmas. see if you can get a job working as a waitress in one of the nicer restaurants (don't accept dishwasher, cook or hostess. that's a rip off. if you're friendly and personable, you will make many tips)

check catering services and wedding planners.

Uh, You do know I have physical limitations, right?  I cannot stand much more than 1/2 an hour at a time, and though that may be up from the MSM, I still have joint damage.  I have to have a sit-down job.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 02:34:40 pm »
events planning.  there are many christmas parties and new years parties this time of year, and they need people to coordinate the required materials.  offer your services in the local newspaper to do that, including arranging special things like santa visits or christmas foods like frosted christmas cookies or spice cakes that they pay for. you just get the stuff ordered and sent to their place. 

do you have a car or internet phone?

I do not have a vehicle.  I have skype, but it stopped connecting.  My computer is grossly infected.  I have no idea where to get the stuff for events around here (except the Wal - and I go out of My way to avoid them, and they likely don't have all I would want).

I really am not an events planner. 

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 02:34:53 pm »
Uh, You do know I have physical limitations, right?  I cannot stand much more than 1/2 an hour at a time, and though that may be up from the MSM, I still have joint damage.  I have to have a sit-down job.

noo, i did not know that!  what is it???
so back to my last question, what would it take to get "tap you're it" on amazon books? 
does ebay allow you to sell ebooks ?
get tap you're it set up on a website with link to download it from pay pal for cheap then hit all the radio show websites and advertise advertise advertise
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:44 pm »
offer your services as ms. santa claus or a christmas elf. lol

Uh...  A little late for this time of year, and I have no costume, and no clue what I'd do, or where I would go to offer this...  But it is a creative thought. 

find a huge church and see if they need any help with planning, advertising or maintenance of some kind.

Probably have to travel 50+ miles for that.  This here is backwater.  And most churches I have worked with like things like that done by volunteers.

go to the nearest mall and put in an app at every store
go the main office for the mall and see if they are hiring for parking lot cleaners, decorations, removal of decorations and so on.

Few are looking for desk jobs to be filled, and I have no clue where a mall is around here.  Unless strip malls are the thing...  Could not do any of that effectively if at all.

check if any libraries are hiring.

I have a rejection letter from the only one I know of.

there are alot of jobs this time of year because of the christmas and new years thing.

In larger cities, or requiring labor, yes.  But Us Humans with limitations are...limited.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]