collapse

Author Topic: object is being called A/2017 U1  (Read 8972 times)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: object is being called A/2017 U1
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »
Another cylindrical object spoted and reported to MUFON, case #88566:
It's a 30 second exposure.  ::)

Offline RUSSO

• Administrator
  • Gold 423
  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    • PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 07:11:40 pm »
It's a 30 second exposure.  ::)

And?

Is it mean it is not cylindrical? How can you be sure? Do you know the speed of the object?

Can you explain how it works to me? ty in advance.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 06:06:26 pm »
Is it mean it is not cylindrical? How can you be sure? Do you know the speed of the object?
If it's a long exposure and we can see the stars as stars then it means that the camera that took the photo was synchronized with the Earth's rotation, so the object was either cylindrical and synchronized with stars or was not cylindrical (or at least not that long) and not synchronized with the stars.

The fact that the object appears to be made of several segments also helps the idea that the cylindrical shape is a result of the long exposure, as that happens with long exposures of far away objects, as small changes in visibility create those "segments", darker when the visibility is worse and brighter when visibility is better, like in the following photo of an eclipse of the Moon.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 07:12:13 am »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/our-1st-interstellar-visitor-likely-came-from-2-star-system/ar-BBKqRai?li=BBnb7Kz

Our 1st interstellar visitor likely came from 2-star system
 Associated Press
By MARCIA DUNN, AP Aerospace Writer
14 hrs ago

© The Associated Press This artist's rendering shows the first interstellar asteroid: 'Oumuamua. This unique object was discovered on Oct. 19, 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii. The University of…

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — Our first known interstellar visitor likely came from a two-star system.

That's the latest from astronomers who were amazed by the mysterious cigar-shaped object, detected as it passed through our inner solar system last fall.

The University of Toronto's Alan Jackson reported Monday that the asteroid — the first confirmed object in our solar system originating elsewhere — is probably from a binary star system. That's where two stars orbit a common center. According to Jackson and his team, the asteroid was likely ejected from its system as planets formed.

"It has been wandering interstellar space for a long time since," the scientists wrote in the Royal Astronomical Society's journal, Monthly Notices .

Discovered in October by a telescope in Hawaii millions of miles away, the asteroid is called Oumuamua, Hawaiian for messenger from afar arriving first, or scout. The red-tinged rock is estimated to be possibly 1,300 feet (400 meters) long and zooming away from the Earth and sun at more than 16 miles (26 kilometers) per second.

Last month, a science team led by Wesley Fraser of Queen's University Belfast reported that Oumuamua is actually tumbling through space, likely the result of a collision with another asteroid or other object that kicked it out of its home solar system. He expects it to continue tumbling for billions of more years.

Scientists originally thought it might be an icy comet, but now agree it is an asteroid.

"The same way we use comets to better understand planet formation in our own solar system, maybe this curious object can tell us more about how planets form in other systems." Jackson said in a statement.

Close binary star systems may be the source of the majority of interstellar objects out there, both icy comets and rocky asteroids, according to the researchers.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 10:08:01 pm »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/scientists-mysterious-object-in-solar-system-could-be-alien/ar-BBPpxIw?li=BBnbcA1

Scientists: Mysterious Object in Solar System Could Be Alien
Alexa Lardieri  10 hrs ago

Sunlight ascending over Earth in outer space.: The object was first discovered on Oct. 19, 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii.
© (Caiaimage/Rana Dias/Getty Images) The object was first discovered on Oct. 19, 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii.

A mysterious object that passed through our solar system last year may have been part of a vessel sent by an alien entity to investigate Earth.

Research published earlier this month by the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics states that the object, called Oumuamua, is "the first object of interstellar origin observed in the Solar System."

The cigar-shaped object was first discovered by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii on Oct. 19, 2017. It was given the Hawaiian name of Oumuamua, which means "A scout: one sent forward before a battle to discover the position of the enemy," according to A Dictionary of the Hawaiian Language. First suspected to be a comet, further analysis of the object "implies that Oumuamua is not an active comet."

Oumuamua was also thought to be an asteroid. However, scientists have now deemed it an object of interstellar origin – the first of its kind to be observed in the solar system.

But based on its characteristics and trajectories, researchers are now suggesting that Oumuamua "may be a fully operational probe sent internationally to Earth vicinity by an alien civilization," calling it a "targeted probe."

The research theorizes that Oumuamua could possibly have been debris from advanced technology that was traveling in space.

"Considering an artificial origin, one possibility is that Oumuamua is a lightsail, floating in interstellar space as a debris from an advanced technological equipment," the scientists wrote in the paper.

During its flight, Oumuamua experienced "excess acceleration," or boosts in speed, which scientists believe resulted from solar radiation pressure. This fluctuation in speed, the object's "unusual geometry" and other "various anomalies" could be the result of "space debris of equipment that is not operational anymore." Rather, it is now simply "floating at the characteristic speed of stars relative to each other in the solar neighborhood."

According to the authors, similar lightsails have been constructed by scientists on Earth and can be used for transportation of cargo between planet or stars.

Unfortunately, Oumuamua left the solar system in January and it is now too late to capture images of the mysterious object. However, scientists say "thousands of interstellar Oumuamua-like space debris are expected to be trapped at any given time in the solar system."

Copyright 2017 U.S. News & World Report

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 12:49:50 am »
Yes Space Otter, this is very interesting.  When an object is being discussed as a potential alien artefact or even a deliberately targeted probe by two Harvard Professors in public then it deserves attention.

I have some material on this to share.  I will try to post it tonight (UK time).  If I forget remind me tomorrow. :)

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 04:23:54 pm »
I haven't forgotten.  Just delayed. :)

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 06:38:13 pm »

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 06:52:33 am »
I still haven't forgotten.  Urgent matter to attend to.  Back Wednesday.  Apologies...

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 08:13:40 am »

well that's good to know cause i was ready to label your post as a tease

reserving judgement till thursday...bwhahahahahahahahah  :-X

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 08:16:07 am »
I have to go to London for the weekend then its my birthday Tuesday.... I'll be back. ;)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 08:41:17 am »

i have heard that line before  ;D

but have a good trip and a wonderous natal return..don't drink too much though.. getting older messes with that

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 09:32:42 am »
I'm intending to enjoy but I don't recover the way I used to so...

Thanks D XXX

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 10:03:51 pm »

but I don't recover the way I used to so...

yeah that seems to be true as that was posted on nov 15..
i guess you're still recovering, huh?  getting old sucks, doesn't it.!
we're still waiting for all this info you have to share

I have some material on this to share.  I will try to post it tonight (UK time).  If I forget remind me tomorrow.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter