collapse

Author Topic: Space Game!  (Read 10471 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Re: Space Game!
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 12:25:47 pm »
Not sure what help I can offer...but I would LOVE to help out.  I am good at creating textures in Photoshop...  I can model in 3D Studio Max...  I have minor skills in animating 3D...  I can paint in Photoshop (backgrounds, etc.)...  I can edit video - if there is any requirement for that...

Only problem is I am on an 8 year old computer and all I have is Photoshop and After Effects.  No 3D program and little RAM.

Still, if there is something I can do, holler at Me!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 12:36:46 pm »
Not sure what help I can offer...but I would LOVE to help out.  I am good at creating textures in Photoshop...  I can model in 3D Studio Max...  I have minor skills in animating 3D...  I can paint in Photoshop (backgrounds, etc.)...  I can edit video - if there is any requirement for that...

Only problem is I am on an 8 year old computer and all I have is Photoshop and After Effects.  No 3D program and little RAM.

Still, if there is something I can do, holler at Me!

oh man, i wish i could help upgrade your machine.  i know you've been struggling for awhile. 

and textures for 3d models would be awesome!  thank you and welcome aboard.  one sec will get you the link to the developers forum.

i may have to modify your permissions for this, not sure.  if you have a problem accessing it, i'll ask z what to do
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:50:47 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »
I'm on it!  Not a problem, undo!  (Nice to see You, BTW!)

Should I post My availability for textures?
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 01:07:11 pm »
I'm on it!  Not a problem, undo!  (Nice to see You, BTW!)

Should I post My availability for textures?

sure.  it's not pressing yet.  we're just getting started.   the guy who created mojo world (a nasa project for creating 3d alien landscapes that was eventually cancelled and he started selling it online) said he would be willing to help, but he would need a very good real time guy. 
by that he means, real time rendering, since it's a real time universe concept.  a space and planet simulation with rpg, rts, and simming.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Guardian Angel

• PEGASUS STRIKE FORCE
  • Order of the Red Dragon
  • Regular Members
  • Gold 5005
    • Warrior Women of Eurasia
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 11:14:18 pm »
Okay so  who here needs to be exterminated?  ;D

Just a reminder that this is the open to all (but guests) forum
TRUST ME

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 10:44:02 am »
I have a little 3d modeling experience, mostly in the Mechanical-Structural field. Attached is a sample.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 10:49:17 am »
I have a little 3d modeling experience, mostly in the Mechanical-Structural field. Attached is a sample.

nice!  the hub would need something like that.  so you specialize in like cad work right? 

i'll have z give you permission to join the development thread.
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 01:14:57 pm »
nice!  the hub would need something like that.  so you specialize in like cad work right? 

i'll have z give you permission to join the development thread.

30 years experience in 3d Cad using various programs from the old Auto-trol system to Caligri Truespace, Poser, 3d Studio, a little Maya, also used the game map editor for America's Army. Mostly self-taught stuff, if not trained I usually can figure it out. Have you ever heard of Bryce 3d? That's a interesting piece of software.  Also EVE Online, a multi-player space game? Anyway, BTW, I might get my son to help. He's in school right now majoring in game design and visual productions. 8)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 01:38:32 pm »
30 years experience in 3d Cad using various programs from the old Auto-trol system to Caligri Truespace, Poser, 3d Studio, a little Maya, also used the game map editor for America's Army. Mostly self-taught stuff, if not trained I usually can figure it out. Have you ever heard of Bryce 3d? That's a interesting piece of software.  Also EVE Online, a multi-player space game? Anyway, BTW, I might get my son to help. He's in school right now majoring in game design and visual productions. 8)

yes siree bob!  fantastic.  will let z know as soon as i see him on the forums.  or he reads this, which ever comes first. :D
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »

K here you go.  You  have access to the developers forum.
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=530.0
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 06:48:38 pm »
Thanks a bunch. As I mentioned above my son is currently in school for game design. I mentioned this topic to him and he was extremely excited about this project. This is his life's dream to be a game developer. He starts his programming phase next semester and he said he could also get some of his mates at school to help if you're interested. Just let me know..... 8)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »
Thanks a bunch. As I mentioned above my son is currently in school for game design. I mentioned this topic to him and he was extremely excited about this project. This is his life's dream to be a game developer. He starts his programming phase next semester and he said he could also get some of his mates at school to help if you're interested. Just let me know..... 8)

surely.  we need to keep total developers involved to a reasonable amount, which i don't know what that would be on a project this size. i've heard as much as 200 people can be working on the same mmo in the big game companies. and i've heard as few as 1 person creating an mmo in the independent side of gaming creation.  soo, here's a guy who is creating a.......i think it's a vampire mmorpg using a program called realm crafter (i think he's one of the few who have successfully gotten the software to work correctly. he's tireless!).  he made the sounds, the models, and is doing all the scripting and necessary tweaks to the software.   1 man team.

i didn't particularly care for his dark themes, but there's no doubt, he took a product that most people couldn't get to work right, and made it into a working product.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGFuRxatZdE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8unlvZq50[/youtube]

anyway, i think we'll need alot more than 1. i had it set initially at 20 max, but that may not be enough.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:31:03 am by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Fight for truth, fight against suppression of information!
  • Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 05:23:25 am »
   Interesting thread! I wish I was a computer wizard, but sadly Im not. But I play console games and pc games(the ones my computer can handle).
I would be happy to test anything you can put together though. And computer upgrading is on its way near future  :)
Nice to see so many with skills and passion about it!

WW

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 06:30:44 am »
   Interesting thread! I wish I was a computer wizard, but sadly Im not. But I play console games and pc games(the ones my computer can handle).
I would be happy to test anything you can put together though. And computer upgrading is on its way near future  :)
Nice to see so many with skills and passion about it!

WW

ty ww!

you're more than welcome to visit the real "Space game " thread. the first part is a repeat of this one, but the rest of it is huge, videos, debate on financial and method of delivery,  examples, software that does things somewhat similar, that you can download and goof around with for free, artwork,  interfaces and concepts i've been developing for the game, along with lore and guidance from amaterasu.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=530.0
JOIN THE GAME!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter