collapse

Author Topic: A Call To Arms...  (Read 45628 times)

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
Re: A Call To Arms...
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 10:18:56 pm »
You may be right  All those click bait ads on other sites must work or they wouldn't do it  but I cannot bring myself to do that as it annoys ME :P

I will figure it out

Sad thing is we have coffee mugs and they are collecting dust :P And I never got enough requests to do the minimum order on T-shirts  I will try yo fine a place like cafe press though  might work as they market it but they do get the lion's share
Very true they annoy me also; but I am fast believing that as long as access to the sites is free that the majority of the peeps are going to do nothing because they don't have to; at several places I have worked no one would contribute to the coffee kitty as long as I supplied the coffee and condiments; I locked everything up and put a coffee pot in my office  8) wasn't long until everyone that wanted a cup was dropping cash into the kitty jar...
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 02:57:02 am »
Very true they annoy me also; but I am fast believing that as long as access to the sites is free that the majority of the peeps are going to do nothing because they don't have to;

That is certainly true...

In the medieval group we call them good time Charlies... they make excuses why they couldn't show up for set up,,, and more excuses why they had to leave before tear down :P but where there for the party and the show :D

We considered this the price to pay for running a Kingdom...   

Offline SerpUkhovian

• Gold 17
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 05:52:28 am »
This is very disappointing, people; 495 members at Pegasus and upwards of 100 guests a day to the forum, and exactly 13 people have stepped forward to answer the call.

I would be more than happy to make a donation or pay a subscription.  I would like to remain anonymous.  If Zorgon could put up a Post Office box to mail to, I would send a half-way disguised financial instrument and sign it with my user name.  Sending a address by email to registered members seems like a good thing to do, at least to me anyway.
Have you noticed since everyone has a cell phone these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 05:57:08 am »
That is certainly true...

In the medieval group we call them good time Charlies... they make excuses why they couldn't show up for set up,,, and more excuses why they had to leave before tear down :P but where there for the party and the show :D

We considered this the price to pay for running a Kingdom...
Understood; but now Pegasus is more on the lines of a very high tech Ren fair, and you can't enter the gates at the drawbridge without either earning the right or paying the toll master  :P

I know, I need more coffee 8)

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 11:36:35 am »
I would be more than happy to make a donation or pay a subscription.  I would like to remain anonymous.  If Zorgon could put up a Post Office box to mail to, I would send a half-way disguised financial instrument and sign it with my user name.  Sending a address by email to registered members seems like a good thing to do, at least to me anyway.

So far I have only posted the Gofundme page on Facebook but both the forum and the website already have a donate button that is direct via paypal and is anonymous  However paypal has fees   and a $1.00 donation nets 65 cents for Pegasus and 35 cents for paypal due to their minimum transaction fee.   

I am aware that many people do not use paypal but paypal now has the option to use any credit card without joining

I will make a front page announcement here on the home page today and see if i can set that up.

I also need a better 'hook' on the webpage 

Right now we have THIS

How YOU can help Support us

If you find what you see on our sight of value, please consider showing your support with a small TIP or subscribe.  Every little bit helps

SUBSCRIBE (coming Soon)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 11:41:25 am »
Also I am seeking out other affiliate programs many companies have them

rather than pay per click annoying ads affiluiates are real time hits  If a person uses the link and makes a purchase  rather than a few peenies for a click link, you get a percentage as 'advertizing fee' or 'finders fee'

AMAZON is a good one

We also have several AFFILIATE PROGRAMS
Shopping at your favorite Vendors simply using our link below helps us pay the bills and costs you nothing but we earn a small commission for sending you their way

AND  I just figured out how to insert those in the forum easily :D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 11:46:01 am »
If Zorgon could put up a Post Office box to mail to, I would send a half-way disguised financial instrument and sign it with my user name.  Sending a address by email to registered members seems like a good thing to do, at least to me anyway.

We are working on the subscription

The issue with subscription is you need a newsletter at least once a week and make sure there is always new content and bonuses like access to files etc...

A post office box is a good idea  though my home address is pretty easy to find on Google these days :P  But then everyone knows my real name :D

I will check into a small PO box tomorrow  There is a small sub station just down the street from me and a UPS store that also has boxes. Would only need the smallest one

Thanks for the idea

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 03:16:22 pm »
Zorgon said, :Also I am seeking out other affiliate programs many companies have them

rather than pay per click annoying ads affiluiates are real time hits  If a person uses the link and makes a purchase  rather than a few peenies for a click link, you get a percentage as 'advertizing fee' or 'finders fee'

AMAZON is a good one"

Hey Z, as you might expect, for security reasons I do not do the Pay PAL and Go Fund Me things, nor do I provide any credit card information with most general sites who may not have the very top in security measures/protection of personal information. There is just too much stuff going on to take any chances - not that I have much money to loose anyway though!  :P

As I said once before, I will make a very concerted effort to use your link for when I want to use Amazon. Amazon is a very convenient stocking seller, and their "Prime" 2-day deliveries work well for me. So, if I can remember to use Pegasus Amazon link, I believe that maybe I can indirectly/directly help with the needed "contribution".

Just for reference, I did go back to see what I have been doing with Amazon - 2015 & 2016 - I placed a total of 62 orders, both single and multiple item orders, for a total value of $2,270.00. 

I do hope I can help you in this way!!!  :)

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 04:18:09 pm »
Just a little info for those concerned about releasing credit and /or debit card info due to fraud, hacks, etc.:
you can now open a cash card account, functions as a debit card, and is not linked to any of your accounts; you put the amount of money you wish to be available on the card (Say $100) and if some scumwaffle gets your card number all they can get is whatever the balance on the card is, it can't be over-drawn, and since it isn't linked to any bank or financial account all your resources are protected.

8)

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 05:17:15 pm »
Hey Z, as you might expect, for security reasons I do not do the Pay PAL

I have heard that from many people BUT just as an FYI

Paypal is now VERY secure because once you set up an account the ONLY one that has your bank info is Paypal... Any transaction after that is only via paypal internally and that bank or card info NEVER goes to anyone else

Even when Annonymous hacked paypal all that happened was it cause a shutdown (which only affected paypal0 and that in turn just meant that the little guy couldn'y use paypal for a few days (Nice going Anon  way to go attacking we the little guys  >:( )

I set up a bank account just for paypal and online use so nothing can touch my main account

So paypal is indeed a very safe and secure system for paying and buying as you do not need to use your card info once set up

They also give you a debit card to use your funds

AMAZON also has a similar system now called AMAZON PAY  If you trust Amazon for buying  you might trust them with that

Wow  that much huh?  You are an Amazon junkie :P  But yes  the affiliate program costs the user nothing  Amazon is just really nice in giving the link provider a small 'piece of the action'

I have found some credit card companies that do that as well It seems some legit card have really nice finders fees  It makes sence to do this because they pay nothing for advertizing unless there is a solid hit

I suspect it will be the way of the future

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 05:27:54 pm »
Just a little info for those concerned about releasing credit and /or debit card info due to fraud, hacks, etc.:
you can now open a cash card account, functions as a debit card, and is not linked to any of your accounts; you put the amount of money you wish to be available on the card (Say $100) and if some scumwaffle gets your card number all they can get is whatever the balance on the card is, it can't be over-drawn, and since it isn't linked to any bank or financial account all your resources are protected.
In Portugal anyone that has a debit card can go to an ATM machine and create a temporary card that works exactly like a normal credit card, with a limited amount of money associated to it. The card expires at the expiration date or when it has no more funds.

I have to create one of those to put some money in my Paypal account. :)

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2017, 04:18:00 pm »
In Portugal anyone that has a debit card can go to an ATM machine and create a temporary card that works exactly like a normal credit card, with a limited amount of money associated to it. The card expires at the expiration date or when it has no more funds.

I have to create one of those to put some money in my Paypal account. :)
We aren't quite to that point over here yet,Armap; when I got hacked back in August my bank set up the cash card for me, and it is a permanent card just like a debit card, exp date and everything; right now the issue for me is having any money to put on the damn thing  :P

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 10:38:06 am »
Come on, People  8) it is time to rally around the keep; we must fund the campaign in order to continue our search for answers, and against the tyranny of ignorance...

8)

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 11:24:58 am »
Would any donations be put towards a subscription if that is the direction we are heading?
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 11:45:52 am »
The subscription idea would be voluntary to be sure

Seems only fair that any donation should count towards subscription 

A subscription system is a good way to do it  I have checked around and that is the best way to avoid imperial entanglement with the government

Now I just need to figure out what to offer for subscription.   So that it makes it worthwhile  IE value for that buck

We have thousands of file and videos available but so far not many people have shown much interest in wanting to read or view them   A newsletter is needed of course so people get at least a weekly update  and whats new

Some places offer membership levels...  will have to study the best way to do it

I am almost finished all the repairs  (not the store yet)  so I can then focus on new content and being back here full time

So any suggestions on what people would like to see for that subscription now is the time to shout out  :D

And don't forget that MOST of the traffic we get is at the actual website, not the forum  If we had 30,000 plus people posting here daily it would be scary

That is one reason I originally set up the private areas  with the intent of having different access levels for subscribers  to stay away from the common noisy area

All suggestions appreciated at this point  Time to make a big effort to revive this

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter