collapse

Author Topic: Time Lines A Glitch in the Matrix Something funny happened on MARS  (Read 134553 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Time Lines A Glitch in the Matrix Something funny happened on MARS
« Reply #465 on: June 18, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »
I haz coined a new phrase...

Timeline Deniers :P

:o

::)

8)

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #466 on: June 18, 2017, 06:45:05 pm »

:o

::)

8)

;)
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #467 on: June 18, 2017, 06:47:36 pm »

ANd somne of us are working with limited time to do things; it's called trying to survive.

Seeker
WE ARE ALL TRYING TO SURVIVE..

Seeker thur many years and many posts and pm conversations I felt that I have been privileged to call you friend.
I feel deeply for your hardships at this time but I know you will survive because that’s just who you are
but even though we do not have the same hardships at the same time doesn’t mean any of us have it easy
some of us speak of our lives to share and some of us don’t..it’s all good..but we are all trying to survive as best as we can
I wish for you all that you would wish for yourself..may you be blessed with all you need or want
big hugs
All well and true, Otter; I do appreciate the fact that all (or at least the greater majority of us) are having a go of it these past few years...most of us aren't slackers or quitters, or we wouldn't still be here

we just have to keep pushing forward as best we can, one day at a time  8) it may take longer now to do what used to be a breeze, and a lot of things may have to be done by others now, but irregardless we will get it done...

8)

Seeker
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:49:58 am by The Seeker »
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #468 on: June 19, 2017, 01:19:51 am »

There's no need to deny something that hasn't been proved as existing. :)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #469 on: June 19, 2017, 02:49:55 am »
There's no need to deny something that hasn't been proved as existing. :)

Parallel universes do exist, and scientists have the proof…

God and quantum physics - Xavier Xavier du pont quebec

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/parallel-universes-exist-scientists-proof/

'Parallel universes DO exist': Multiple versions of us are living in alternate worlds that interact with each other, theory claims

The parallel worlds constantly influence one another, researchers claim
    This is because, instead of a collapse in which quantum particles 'choose' to occupy one state or another, they in fact occupy both, simultaneously
    The theory could resolve some of the irregularities in quantum mechanics
    It states some worlds are almost identical to ours, but most are different
    Theory may even create possibility of one day testing for these worlds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2816039/Parallel-universes-exist-Multiple-versions-living-alternate-worlds-interact-theory-claims.html

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #470 on: June 19, 2017, 06:01:19 am »

so now i can blame all my mis-takes on the other me living in tandem
with this me but in another dimension.....cool

bwhahahahahahahahah

but i sure wish that other me would tell me
 where certain things are that i can't find..
or
maybe pay some of the bills
or
make my dinner now and then

and there are no  timeline deniers
just
timeline non-experiencers
or
timeline non-recognisers

the other deminsion thing is like religion..
you need to believe before you see stuff

had to come back to add another thought

unless the dimension thing bites you in the butt and scares the you-know-what outta you
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:28:55 am by space otter »

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #471 on: June 19, 2017, 09:03:51 am »
I just had an errant thought. Perhaps déjà vu is when universes briefly merge because there is an identical occurrence in both universe at the same time.
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #472 on: June 26, 2017, 04:33:04 pm »
If this needs moving admins, please do.  I did try to find the right thread.

I watch this guy now and again re: the Mandela effect and I have found them interesting.  He has a thick English accent, I'm pretty sure he has a Ph.d. but lays things out in a down to earth way.

I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #473 on: June 29, 2017, 02:08:17 am »
Quantuum Entanglement and String Theory

WHY are the Time Lines crossing?

GOD  is a CAT

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #474 on: June 29, 2017, 02:37:19 am »
so now i can blame all my mis-takes on the other me living in tandem
with this me but in another dimension.....cool

Well I remember the other you :P

but i sure wish that other me would tell me
 where certain things are that i can't find..

look back in this thread  There was another lady figured out how to do that

and there are no  timeline deniers
just
timeline non-experiencers
or
timeline non-recognisers

Except ArMap :P he is a denier :P  But i like that "timeline non-experiencers"  And they don't have a Pony in the Race

unless the dimension thing bites you in the butt and scares the you-know-what outta you

Yes THAT.  It's only a Religion if you Worship it :P

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #475 on: June 29, 2017, 04:32:50 am »
Except ArMap :P he is a denier :P
It's just an idea, not even a theory, so there's nothing to deny. :)

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #476 on: June 29, 2017, 07:31:36 am »

Quantuum Entanglement and String Theory

WHY are the Time Lines crossing?

GOD  is a CAT

jumping up and down here..we have an answer..give that man a prize

i remember the other you also
as for the other me.. i wish i knew where she went cause i want to go too
SIGH

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #477 on: July 10, 2017, 04:22:07 am »
Looks like Scientists are getting with it :P

This Quantum Theory Predicts That The Future Might Be Influencing The Past

No, seriously.
MIKE MCRAE

One of the weirder aspects of quantum mechanics could be explained by an equally weird idea – that causation can run backwards in time as well as forwards.

What Einstein called "spooky" action at a distance could theoretically be evidence of retrocausality, which is the particle equivalent of you getting a stomach ache today thanks to tomorrow's bad lunch.

A pair of physicists from the US and Canada took a closer look at some basic assumptions in quantum theory and decided unless we discovered time necessarily ran one way, measurements made to a particle could echo back in time as well as forward.

We all know quantum mechanics is weird. And part of that weirdness comes down to the fact that at a fundamental level, particles don't act like solid billiard balls rolling down a table, but rather like a blurry cloud of possibilities shifting around the room.

This blurry cloud comes into sharp focus when we try to measure particles, meaning we can only ever see a white ball hitting a black one into the corner pocket, and never countless white balls hitting black balls into every pocket.

There is an argument among physicists over whether that cloud of maybes represents something real, or if it's just a convenient representation.

A physicist by the name of Huw Price claimed back in 2012 that if the strange probabilities behind quantum states reflect something real, and if nothing restricts time to one direction, the black ball in that cloud of maybes could theoretically roll out of the pocket and knock the white ball.

"Critics object that there is complete time-symmetry in classical physics, and yet no apparent retrocausality. Why should the quantum world be any different?" Price wrote, paraphrasing the thoughts of most physicists.

Matthew S. Leifer from Chapman University in California and Matthew F. Pusey from the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario also wondered if the quantum world might be different when it comes to time.

The pair exchanged some of Price's assumptions and applied their new model to something called Bell's theorem, which is a big deal in this whole spooky action at a distance business.

John Stewart Bell said that the weird things that happen in quantum mechanics can't ever be explained by actions taking place nearby. It's as if nothing is causing the multitude of billiard balls to take such varied paths. At a fundamental level, the Universe is random.

But what about actions taking place somewhere else... or somewhen else? Can something far away influence that cloud without touching it, in a way that Einstein called "spooky"?

If two particles are connected in space at some point, measuring a property of one of them instantly sets the value for the other, no matter where in the Universe it has moved to.

This 'entanglement' has been tested over and over again in light of Bell's theorem, plugging loopholes that might show they are really interacting on a local level in some way, in spite of what seems to be a distance.

As you might guess, the Universe still seems pretty spooky.

But if causality ran backwards, it would mean a particle could carry the action of its measurement back in time to when it was entangled, affecting its partner. No faster-than-light messages needed.

That's the hypothesis Leifer and Pusey were going by.

"There is a small group of physicists and philosophers that think this idea is worth pursuing," Leifer told Lisa Zyga at Phys.org.

By reformulating a few basic assumptions, the researchers developed a model based on Bell's theorem where space was swapped for time. By their reckoning, unless we can show why time must always tick forward, we run into some contradictions.

Needless to say, the idea of retrocausality is a fringe idea.

"There is not, to my knowledge, a generally agreed upon interpretation of quantum theory that recovers the whole theory and exploits this idea. It is more of an idea for an interpretation at the moment, so I think that other physicists are rightly sceptical, and the onus is on us to flesh out the idea."

Now keep in mind, this kind of backwards time travel isn't the sort that would allow you to go back in time and consciously change the present, sorry to say. Future scientists also won't be able to encode lottery numbers into entangled electrons and mail them back to their younger selves.

In any case, the idea of anything trickling backwards in time might not be an appealing one, but let's face it, when it comes to phenomena like entanglement, nearly any explanation is going to sound downright insane.

This research was published in Proceedings of The Royal Society A.

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-quantum-theory-predicts-the-future-might-influence-the-past

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #478 on: July 10, 2017, 05:39:36 am »

The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #479 on: July 10, 2017, 06:18:45 am »
Looks like Scientists are getting with it :P

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-quantum-theory-predicts-the-future-might-influence-the-past

That's interesting, I read something similar on a 1931 science-fiction magazine, Astounding Stories:

TWO-WAY TIME
A new theory of time, which rejects the notion that yesterday preceded to-day in any absolute sense, reveals the possibility that events now occurring are among the factors that decided Caesar nearly 2,000 years ago to cross the Rubicon, and which questions the theory of the fourth dimension, was propounded recently by Dr. Gilbert N. Lewis, physicist, of the University of California.

The theory revolutionizes the hoary idea of cause and effect. It presents time as symmetrical, flowing in two directions. It pictures the present as not only "pushed into existence by the past" but also "pulled into existence by the future." It denies that the universe is running down to a lifeless and changeless end and poses the idea that the whole universe may sometime return exactly to its present condition.

Thus far, Dr. Lewis made it clear, he has found proof for his theory only in the field of physics. "But if one has the temerity to apply to the whole universe the laws that are now adopted in the little republic of physics," he said, "the entire conception of the sequence of time must be changed."

Outlining prohibitory laws in physics, such as the law against perpetual motion machines, upon which certain branches of the science have been built, he said:

"In this address I am going to discuss another such prohibition which has the widest implications in science and philosophy. This law states that in the domain of physical science one must never attempt to distinguish between past and future.

"It was the careful scrutiny of the meaning of time in physics that led to the principle of relativity, but in the work of Einstein and of Minkowski there remain a past and a future, and the picture of events jostled into a mysterious and passive future by an active past."

This concept of time moving only in one direction was introduced by Newton, yet in the Newtonian mechanics it has long been recognized that no more than a simple symmetrical time is needed, said Dr. Lewis.

"From existing astronomical data," he went on, "we may predict an eclipse 1,000 years hence, or calculate an eclipse of 1,000 years ago, both with equal accuracy. If we should construct a moving picture to represent the motions of the solar system, it would be just as satisfactory if it were run backwards, and the Newtonian laws would be equally well obeyed."

With this banishment of the idea of "one-way time," Dr. Lewis pointed out that the established idea that cause precedes effect must be abandoned. Cause and effect, he said, are not analogous to purpose and fulfillment but are part of a symmetrical pattern. Events are thus controlled not alone by the factors which come before but also by those which follow. If you decide to buy a new suit today, you will do so not simply because you noticed that your old one was shabby yesterday, but equally because you will want to wear it to-morrow."

For evidence to support his theory, Dr. Lewis said, while it is still the current view, some physicists have questioned the law of thermodynamics which implies that the universe is running down and will eventually become lifeless and changeless.

"Beginning with Williard Gibbs," he said, "there have been many who realized that just as a pack of cards, if indefinitely shuffled, will eventually return to its original arrangement so any physico-chemical system, when left to itself in any initial state, must return to that state."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter