collapse

Author Topic: Tom Campbell at Gonzaga, Science meets Metaphysics  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
Tom Campbell at Gonzaga, Science meets Metaphysics
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:56:38 am »
Was sent this video recently, and while I dont personally agree with everything in it, the commentary on science and metaphysics was interesting to listen to.

Im sure many here will find it very useful in formulating their views on the situation regarding physics and metaphysics as a whole instead of parts.

Enjoy!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKwAgU1wWa0[/youtube]

Cheers!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline COSMO

• Gold 157
Re: Tom Campbell at Gonzaga, Science meets Metaphysics
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:32:33 pm »
Nice find LE.  It talks about using bucky balls in the double slit experiment!  Cool!  First I have heard of something that large displaying the quantum wave patterns!  Gold.

I have been talking about exactly this in this thread:

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=6176.msg99378#msg99378

The experiment there is recent lab verification of the quantum wave/collapse process and they were able to "map" it for the first time! 

Kater Murch (right), assistant professor of physics, and junior Chris Munley work with the equipment that can map a quantum device’s trajectory between two points in quantum state space, a feat until recently considered impossible!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2712015/Watch-Schr-dingers-cat-die-live-Physicists-quantum-theorys-bizarre-wanderings-time.html

Fascinating to consider that we really are luminous quantum wave beings!  The Eternal Illumination, Brahman!  Our true nature.  There can be gnosis...Samadhi...

Cosmo

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:36:52 pm by COSMO »
And you may ask yourself
Well...How did I get here?

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:41:20 am »
Its all there for the taking, information, past and present, accessed through what has been called Akasha, not easily achieved for most....meditation for me is key, as I cant afford them there fancy gold colored machines those scientists have!LOL!

An endless but fruitful search for myself has been many years in the making, with many ideas and theories cast by the wayside along the road...but one thing which will always be on our sides is the desire for humanity to elevate itself to an understanding of the cohesive connections between science and spirituality.

We dont need an invented messiah like christianity, or islam, or any theistic cult, and we certainly dont need any form of control inspired mindset regarding the spiritual realm, as thats why the spiritual realm is different from the physical..they are two different parts of a whole brought together by desire and self introspective, and the rejection of past religious disfigurement of truth.

Now that science is adopting spiritual ideas, albeit in a logical, gradual way, there is hope for humanity to "meet its maker"  and cast aside the insanity of religious constriction forever once and for all....and that my friend is truly what oneness with a creative force.....MADE BY OURSELVES.....is all about.

Even the Zealot Essene Jesus said this..look within  (duh! ::)  )   cant humanity hear what is for those with ears to hear?(Gospel of Thomas)

Cheers!
Le

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 10:37:54 am »
Something to read on a rainy day, for those who wonder what Cosmo and I speak of regarding Upanishads or Samadhi..etc...Indian style...Eastern Sacred Books..for FREE!

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Books-East-Various-ebook/dp/B0084B7HJO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407692083&sr=8-3&keywords=upanishads

Cheers!
Le

Offline onetruekeeper

• Gold 21
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 10:56:05 pm »
I t is my opinion that data as Tom Campbell explains it is a product of consciousness, not the other way around as Campbell  supposes. He seems to suggest that consciousness is a result of some sort of vast data processing going on in the background, like a supercomputer creating a simulation of sorts. However there is no evidence that I can see which proves that such data processing is taking place at all or if consciousness requires such data processing to exist in the first place. 

Offline COSMO

• Gold 157
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 10:37:21 am »
There is the human thought process which is the product of our biological, organic brain machinery, with memories being encoded electro-chemically, which we perceive as the past and present and then there is the energetic, timeless, quantum wave universe, which we manifest from, from the subatomic on up and is the pre-particle medium. 

EVERYTHING in the universe manifests from the common quantum ocean, "collapsing" from it's energetic  wave state into the material universe we perceive, as described in the video.  THAT is what the double slit experiment shows us.  So, our consciousness and or total being is just an extension of the universe as is all matter and energy.  We are creatures with a dual nature with a quantum wave facet as well as the flesh and blood body you see and the energetic wave state can be experienced DIRECTLY in Samadhi.  Everything IS connected, like Ben Rich said.  The universe, us and consciousness are ALL connected in the primary medium like waves on the ocean.  Not a theory!!! 

It has been theorized that the basic particle of this quantum stuff, the ETHER, is at the sub-Planckian scale.  Some have proposed that each of these tiny fundamental building blocks of the universe could  be represented in a computing system, possessed by an advanced race, powerful enough to simulate the entire universe.  That would indeed be a powerful computer! 

This is related to this thread:

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=6176.msg85794#msg85794

Cosmo 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:41:59 am by COSMO »
And you may ask yourself

Offline onetruekeeper

• Gold 21
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 04:54:38 pm »
I think that any form of building blocks, data and computing elements can be COMPROMISED ( hacked ) by external forces which could pose a threat to existence if consciousness was made up that way which I don't think it is. However I am not worried , for I believe that consciousness is a eternal and ALL POWERFUL manifestation and that it has no causal origins and it's not compromised of anything other than consciousness itself. It's  means of survival is absolute and cannot be compromised by anything that exists in time and space or even beyond it. Whatever limitations that consciousness appears to have immersed itself in, the reasons for it, if any, may never be known but change seems to be part of it's characteristics for it could be evolving  and learning as it goes or perhaps it has already done that and it's just bored with nothing else it wants to do other than repeat the same actions over and over...LOL

Offline COSMO

• Gold 157
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 06:25:26 pm »
Maybe...

What is your interpretation of the double slit experiment? 

The quantum wave state the PRECEDES the physical universe by an instant, whether we believe it or not. 

The Uncertainty Principle has been verified many times.

All matter and energy was quantum wave energy just BEFORE it became our material universe as well as our thoughts and beliefs.

Everything, all matter, energy and you and I...even our very thoughts, beliefs and memories are sustained at every instant by the invisible ocean of creation. 

At the foundation level, our physical reality is NOT what it appears to be.

Just truth, not theory or belief.

Cosmo 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:39:18 pm by COSMO »
And you may ask yourself

Offline onetruekeeper

• Gold 21
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 10:30:01 pm »
There was a typo where I meant to say composed, not compromised, as to what consciousness is "made" of, which is just consciousness. I do not think it is quantum this or wave that or anything that we can conceive of from our limited perspective. As to the double slit experiment, since it is taking place in the arena of consciousness, it is also a creation of it and could be interpreted in any way one wishes I suppose. Consciousness can only look at it's own creations but cannot look at itself, for that is impossible due to the "fact" that what lies behind and is the foundation of consciousness is INFINITE.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter