collapse

Author Topic: VINDICATION!!!  (Read 36900 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
VINDICATION!!!
« on: December 26, 2011, 03:00:57 am »
VINDICATION!!!

A long time ago (well about 5 years) we did a thread at ATS...

Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite

Press Release - Pegasus Research Consortium -December 15th 2006

Now I will bring that info over here, but what is important for this thread is how that came about.

A couple of weeks before that dates 'someone' at Northwestern University sent me an email and links to some very large image files in .cub format  2.5 gigs in fact. Those files require Linux and a special program to few, but there were also large .tiff versions of the images.

So we posted that leak in that thread...  Clementine was 1994, so these color images have been around for some time. And naturally all the skeptics said "Oh yeah those have been out forever - no big deal"  well that was not true because it wasn't till a few weeks later that the USGS released their Map-A-Planet website using those .cub files as reference.

What is important is that at the same time those files were moved from North Western University... to Arizona State University. I found out later who sent us that leak... well not who but from where it came

Mark Robinson, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  Currently Principal Investigator of the LROC team
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/EPO/Team/scientist.html

See it was his data base that we were linked to... and he was transferring his work from North Western to Arizona State... so we had about a 4 week head start on those images. When USGS got involved, the head of the project, Patty Garcia, sent me a personal thank you for all the hits they got on opening day because of our thread..

LOL We were USED :P  But hey... it's all good :D

Well I bring this up because of some news I saw today...

We should scour the moon for ancient traces of aliens, say scientists

Online volunteers could be set task of spotting alien technology, evidence of mining and rubbish heaps in moon images

A pit in Mare Ingenii, possibly the result of a collapsed lava tube. Natural tunnels like this would be ideal sites for an alien moon base. Photograph: Nasa

Hundreds of thousands of pictures of the moon will be examined for telltale signs that aliens once visited our cosmic neighbourhood if plans put forward by scientists go ahead.

Passing extraterrestrials might have left messages, scientific instruments, heaps of rubbish or evidence of mining on the dusty lunar surface that could be spotted by human telescopes and orbiting spacecraft.

Though the chances of finding the handiwork of long-gone aliens are exceptionally remote, scientists argue that a computerised search of lunar images, or a crowd-sourced analysis by amateur enthusiasts, would be cheap enough to justify given the importance of a potential discovery.

Prof Paul Davies and Robert Wagner at Arizona State University argue that images of the moon and other information collected by scientists for their research should be scoured for signs of alien intervention. The proposal aims to complement other hunts for alien life, such as the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Seti), which draws on data from radiotelescopes to scour the heavens for messages beamed into space by alien civilisations.

"Although there is only a tiny probability that alien technology would have left traces on the moon in the form of an artefact or surface modification of lunar features, this location has the virtue of being close, and of preserving traces for an immense duration," the scientists write in a paper published online in the journal Acta Astronautica.

"If it costs little to scan data for signs of intelligent manipulation, little is lost in doing so, even though the probability of detecting alien technology at work may be exceedingly low," they add.

The scientists focus their attention on Nasa's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), which has mapped a quarter of the moon's surface in high resolution since mid-2009. Among these images, scientists have already spotted the Apollo landing sites and all of the Nasa and Soviet unmanned probes, some of which were revealed only by their odd-looking shadows.

Nasa has made more than 340,000 LRO images public, but that figure is expected to reach one million by the time the orbiting probe has mapped the whole lunar surface. "From these numbers, it is obvious that a manual search by a small team is hopeless," the scientists write.

One way to scan all of the images involves writing software to search for strange-looking features, such as the sharp lines of solar panels, or the dust-covered contours of quarries or domed buildings. These might be visible millions of years after they were built, because the moon's surface is geologically inactive and changes so slowly.

The seismometer on Nasa's Apollo 12 mission detected only one impact per month from roughly grapefruit-sized meteorites within a 350km radius. According to Davies and Wagner, it could take hundreds of millions of years for an object tens of metres across to be buried by lunar soil and dust kicked up by these impacts.

An alternative approach would be to send tens of thousands of amateur enthusiasts images over the internet for examination, though this could lead to disagreements over what constituted an unusual, and potentially alien, feature.

The easiest artefact to find would probably be a message left behind intentionally. This might be held in a capsule and left in a large fresh crater like Tycho in the moon's southern highlands, the scientists write. Some longer-lasting messages could be buried at depth but fitted with transmitters that penetrate the lunar surface, they add.

Alien life might once have set up a lunar base in the underground networks of lava tubes beneath the moon's dark, basaltic plains, and perhaps have left rubbish when they departed. "The same factors that make lava tubes attractive as a habitat imply that any artefacts left behind would endure almost indefinitely, undamaged and unburied," the scientists write.

Paul Davies and Robert Wagner

Wagner, Robert   PO BOX 873603 Tempe, AZ 85281-3603    Research Technician
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/EPO/Team/staff.html

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!

THE SCIENTISTS AT ARIZONA STATE ARE GOING TO EXAMINE LUNAR ANOMALIES FOR SIGNS OF ALIENS

VINDICATION AT LAST!!!

WHAT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT :D

I will be out of town for four days and away from my computer. Can anyone contact Robert Wagner at ASU to get us a statement? I may have online access but not sure.

John how about it?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:58:52 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: VINDICATION!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 03:02:20 am »

Robert Wagner's ASU Homepage
http://www.public.asu.edu/~rvwagner/

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 03:26:14 am »
Two of the color images from Clementine

I will get back to this when I return, but wanted to leave you with two full color images as a sample...

These areas are the two major magnetic anomalies on near side and farside. The images are reduced from the full size available

Reiner Gamma Near Side

Mare Marginas Farside

I will try to post in the evenings but if not, happy holidays to everyone...

See you when I get back

Offline exuberant1

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 10
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:00:04 am »
This is strange.

People doing papers and writing articles on the topic is weird and abnormal. 

I wonder if they trust their data completely and if they think that such evidence could be altered or removed before it reached them.

I'd like to get a copy of the paper.

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 08:50:27 am »
In my experience, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I can't see them giving up any pictures that are of any significance IMO. What would be the reason to allow this now?

Offline johnlear

• Inner Circle - John's Den
  • Gold 32
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 09:03:56 am »
VINDICATION!!!

John how about it?

You are more familiar with the facts so also send him a copy of Aristarchus and ask him also for a statement on that.

Have a good trip!!!

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 08:38:17 pm »
This is hard to believe.  After all the ridicule now they might ask for volunteers?  They could have asked before. ::)

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 12:15:35 am »
All very interesting!

Disclose the knowledge of Alien Structures on the Moon? > As more Lunar Mappings are being done outside the control of NAZA (ESA/China), they must face the inevitable: These structures are obvious!

Create an excitement about the event >  Stir up public distrust and fear about the possibility of an advanced Alien Race operating in our Solar System.

Strike while the iron is hot > Von Braun's list: Oh, no! They are attacking us...........  :o  8)
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Captain Dave

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 02:30:40 am »
Hmmm, smells like a little whiff of Freedom? ???
 ::) Yeah right; I'm going back to my cage. lol

(mumbling on the way back) yeah, yeah, I know the World is Flat and we are the center of the Universe... Blah blah blah...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:44:10 am by Captain Dave »

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 05:19:17 am »
All very interesting!

Disclose the knowledge of Alien Structures on the Moon? > As more Lunar Mappings are being done outside the control of NAZA (ESA/China), they must face the inevitable: These structures are obvious!

I think the above is probably closer to the truth. With the Japanese, and the Chinese messing around up there, the fact that there are structures on the moon is bound to be forth coming. "Oh by-the-way, while we were flying around, we decided to stop for a lay-over at the 'Lear International SpacePort' for some rest and refueling."...IMO ::: Peace  8)
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 05:24:49 am »
It does seem as if it's just a matter of time before anything anomalous "up there" comes under close scrutiny by either foreign or private space travellers.  We shall see....

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 07:57:13 am »
Nice find  8)

Something else I noticed in the text ya quoted  ;)

One way to scan all of the images involves writing software to search for strange-looking features, such as the sharp lines of solar panels, or the dust-covered contours of quarries or domed buildings. These might be visible millions of years after they were built, because the moon's surface is geologically inactive and changes so slowly.

Hey so is it any coincidence that a Russian fringe scientist (who also seems to have funding) was in the States only in the last Six months and said "this is what we see on the moon" ?

sky otter

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 02:40:09 pm »
 ;D

here's the huff/aol version

i think this is a cover your ass thing..cause they have seen just how good you guys are at this
and now they can say..wow..the only mistake those guys made is thinking it was ours'

2012- wake up time

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/26/aliens-moon-acta-astronautica-seti-nasa-_n_1170217.html?ref=weird-news&ir=Weird%20News

Are Aliens On The Moon? Scientists Want YOU To Join The Search

American scientists want to enlist online volunteers to identify signs of alien life in moon images collected by NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO). http://www.nasa.gov/

Physicists Paul Davies and Robert Wagner of Arizona State University http://sese.asu.edu/
believe there may be signs of extra terrestrial life http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/dec/25/scour-moon-ancient-traces-aliens?newsfeed=true
in the form of messages, scientific instruments, waste http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/23/space-ball-namibia_n_1167408.html
or evidence of mining that could be spotted by human telescopes and orbiting spacecraft.

In their paper published online in the journal Acta Astronautica, the pair wrote: “Although there is only a tiny probability that alien technology would have left traces on the moon in the form of an artefact or surface modification of lunar features, this location has the virtue of being close, and of preserving traces for an immense duration.

"If it costs little to scan data for signs of intelligent manipulation, little is lost in doing so, even though the probability of detecting alien technology at work may be exceedingly low.”

The paper adds: “Alien civilizations may have sent probes to our region of the galaxy. Any mission to the solar system would probably have occurred a very long time ago.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0094576511003249

“The lunar environment could preserve artefacts for millions of years.”

The LRO has been taking pictures of the moon’s surface since 2009, with more than 340,000 images collected so far. http://gizmodo.com/5871092/scientists-say-we-should-search-moon-for-alien-traces

The proposals would complement other hunts for alien life, including the Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI), which uses data from radiotelescopes.
http://www.seti.org/

??? ::)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:49:35 pm by sky otter »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »
Hey so is it any coincidence that a Russian fringe scientist (who also seems to have funding) was in the States only in the last Six months and said "this is what we see on the moon" ?

Got a link to that Russian guy? Might be important.  I'm back, will look into this. I wish I had time before because this is already going viral at websites that have always ridiculed this. We may have a long line up of volunteers :D I will have to try to put together a serious letter and see if we can't get in on this. I will work on it tomorrow.

I need to call Jack on this as he had the original connections and we have already asked LROC to look at Tsiolkovsky Crater... a request they complied with.

In the meantime I need to get a copy of their paper...

Searching for alien artifacts on the moon
P.C.W. Daviesa, R.V. Wagner

Now the great thing about that paper abstract is that it has the contact info for both the authors...

P.C.W. Davies
Beyond Center for Fundamental Concepts in Science at Arizona State University, PO Box 871504 Tempe, AZ 85287, USA

R.V. Wagner
School of Earth and Space Exploration Lunar Recon Oribiter Sci Ops Cn, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, 85287, USA

Abstract:

Received 5 March 2011; revised 7 October 2011; Accepted 29 October 2011. Available online 23 November 2011.
Abstract

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) has a low probability of success, but it would have a high impact if successful. Therefore it makes sense to widen the search as much as possible within the confines of the modest budget and limited resources currently available. To date, SETI has been dominated by the paradigm of seeking deliberately beamed radio messages.

However, indirect evidence for extraterrestrial intelligence could come from any incontrovertible signatures of non-human technology. Existing searchable databases from astronomy, biology, earth and planetary sciences all offer low-cost opportunities to seek a footprint of extraterrestrial technology. In this paper we take as a case study one particular new and rapidly-expanding database: the photographic mapping of the Moon's surface by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) to 0.5 m resolution. Although there is only a tiny probability that alien technology would have left traces on the moon in the form of an artifact or surface modification of lunar features, this location has the virtue of being close, and of preserving traces for an immense duration.

Systematic scrutiny of the LRO photographic images is being routinely conducted anyway for planetary science purposes, and this program could readily be expanded and outsourced at little extra cost to accommodate SETI goals, after the fashion of the SETI@home and Galaxy Zoo projects.
Highlights

? Alien civilizations may have sent probes to our region of the galaxy. ? Any mission to the solar system would probably have occurred a very long time ago. The lunar environment could preserve artifacts for millions of years. ? Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter provides a photographic database to search for artifacts. ? Searching the LRO database would make an excellent educational project

Keywords: SETI; Lunar reconnaissance orbiter; Extraterrestrial technology; Nuclear waste; Lava tubes; Regolith
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:35:28 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 09:33:16 pm »
An earlier paper... but related

A Search For Alien Artifacts On The Moon

ALEXEY V. ARKHIPOV Institute of Radio Astronomy, 4 Krasnoznamenaya Str., Kharkov, 310002 Ukraine

ABSTRACT

The moon is an attractor of alien artifacts, hence, the search for alien artifacts on the moon (SAAM) is a promising unique project developed by the Research Institute on Anomalous Phenomena (RIAP). SAAM activity and current results are reviewed.

INTRODUCTION

In recent years, interest has grown among researchers in the search for traces of extraterrestrial intelligence within the solar system. It has been shown earlier that within the time of existence of our planet, approximately 10 stars capable of having inhabited planets approached the Son to distances within 1.5 pc (Arkhipov, 1994a). Such distances can be covered by space probes even at the present day level of science and technology (Project Daedalus 1978). These researchers have chiefly concentrated on a search for artifacts which are in orbit, on the Earth, or on asteroids. It seems that this list should also include the moon (Graham 1990, Arkhipov, 1993a).

Paper: A Search For Alien Artifacts On The Moon

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56