collapse

Author Topic: The Gates Foundation's Hypocritical Investments  (Read 14384 times)

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
Re: The Gates Foundation's Hypocritical Investments
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:38 pm »
So...  You truly believe Billy is trying to "help out Humanity?"  Really?  I guess if One defines "helping Humanity" as helping the "elite" stunt it, damage it, make it ill, suck money from it, then, yeah.  He's helping.

But if the crippling "vaccines" He purveys in India are a measure of "helping" in the sense of uplifting, curing, freeing, respecting...  Then efforts to "plan families," as opposed to providing opportunities, can be seen for what it is.

Oh, so little faith in humanity.  A very sad post.  I was expecting a little more walk from the TAP talk.
Time is the fire in which we burn.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 09:01:30 am »
Faith in Humanity?  I have plenty.  Faith in Those who have climbed the psychopath's ladder to extreme power over Others?  In Those who are at the top of the money/power heap?

WHY would I have faith in THEM?
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 10:07:06 am »
WHY would I have faith in THEM?
Two questions:
1- Don't you think people can use the present system to do good?
2- Don't you think people can change?

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »
Two questions:

It is always easier to change from within, then start over, especially with a larger group

If people cannot change then they wouldn't accept TAP either :D

Omnes mundi ad nos pertinent

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:34 pm »
Two questions:

1.  I think it would be possible but for the fact that the bulk of the wealth has (as it always does in money systems) aggregated to the most psychopathic.  THEY do not want to "do good."  THEY want power/control over Others with no regard for the affects Their behaviors and efforts have on the "common" Human.

When no "good" People are left with any power, as We see today, We can hardly expect good to be done on any large scale.

2.  Do You mean the psychopaths in control?  I would doubt it unless We can get Them into treatment.  Heh.  Like THAT will happen.

Seriously, ArMaP, as long as We continue to account for meaningful energy expended through exchange to survive, We WILL see the psychopaths emerging at the top of the money/power heap.  Period.  THEY are the Ones willing to do ANYTHING to get and keep that money/power over Others.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »
1.  I think it would be possible but for the fact that the bulk of the wealth has (as it always does in money systems) aggregated to the most psychopathic.  THEY do not want to "do good."  THEY want power/control over Others with no regard for the affects Their behaviors and efforts have on the "common" Human.
That's because you always link power to money and vice versa, and that doesn't work that way to all people. Do you think all business-men are psychopathic?

2.  Do You mean the psychopaths in control?
No, I mean people in general.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 03:01:11 pm »
That's because you always link power to money and vice versa, and that doesn't work that way to all people. Do you think all business-men are psychopathic?

Only the Ones with trillions to Their names.  And maybe a fair few with billions...

The closer One is to psycopathy, the higher the likelihood of massive "success" in the business world.

No, I mean people in general.

People in general don't have to change - We are caring, loving Beings wanting to make things better.  But the bulk of the wealth is in the hands of a VERY few on this planet and that is the ONLY thing that gives Them power over Us.  And They are psychopathic as evidenced by things like trying to reduce birth rates through sterilization and prophylactics rather than creating opportunities to let wealth flow to the People such that birth rates drop.  As evidenced by "charities" that accrue millions and then use those funds to richly pay the high end administrators and maybe 2% actually is used to help.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 03:29:57 pm »
Only the Ones with trillions to Their names.  And maybe a fair few with billions...
Do you know that because you have been analysing their actions during their careers?

The closer One is to psycopathy, the higher the likelihood of massive "success" in the business world.
I was talking about the opposite, is massive "success" in the business world always linked to psychopathy?

People in general don't have to change
I didn't ask if they have to change, I asked if you think they can change.

And They are psychopathic as evidenced by things like trying to reduce birth rates through sterilization and prophylactics rather than creating opportunities to let wealth flow to the People such that birth rates drop.
Sterilization is instantaneous, changing the way things work to create opportunities to let wealth flow (while avoiding the creation of opportunities for the diverting of the wealth flow) to the people to create the conditions that allow the birth rates to drop is not instantaneous and, even if it works, things will get worse until then.

As evidenced by "charities" that accrue millions and then use those funds to richly pay the high end administrators and maybe 2% actually is used to help.
That's because of the hypocrisy of those that are not billionaires, millionaires or even rich but that like to appear to other people like someone they are not.

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 03:43:17 pm »
Come on, Armap, you don't get to the top without being ruthless :P

That's why i'm only considered a 'second rate mechanic' by my bosses, and their bosses, and the 2 silent partners who siphon off all the money from my sweat.
Because i'm not ruthless, or assertive enough, i don't care what THEY think :P
Do you guys think i'm just a 'second rate mechanic' or just a bit more?

I'm happy with their assessment, i'm a loyal worker ant  :-X

What i do after hours is my business :D

Heck, i can do ruthless, but it's not in my nature to be so, i'm too kind :'(

So i'm not a millionaire 8) OK i understand Armap's point, peeps can change, and not all millionaires are creeps :)

I have decided to be a typically selfish human & decide for myself what's good for me, and how i invest my hard earned cash.

You wil be pleased to know it will be invested in PRC, i'm going to play Bill Gates for a couple of years & then start the 'TAP Foundation'.... ::)

..So there :P

LOL ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:52:47 pm by PlaysWithMachines »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 04:01:21 pm »
Do you know that because you have been analysing their actions during their careers?

Pretty much.  Haven't seen a one of Them use Their enormous wealth to improve living for Other Humans - but I do see Them doing whatever makes profit by hiding cures and free energy, promoting "laws" that give Them an advantage, paying workers such that the workers live in poverty, "vaccinations" that are filled with poisons, "laws" that forbid collecting rain water, profiteering in war, pharma, chemicals, medical, food, clothing, shelter, water and air.

I was talking about the opposite, is massive "success" in the business world always linked to psychopathy?

Seems it is, yes.  Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc., ALL exhibit psychopathic tendencies.  The businessHumans that seek betterment never make it to those heights, with MANY, MANY betterment ideas quashed because they threaten profit somewhere of "bigger boys."

I didn't ask if they have to change, I asked if you think they can change.

Change how?  Why do We need to even ask that?

Sterilization is instantaneous, changing the way things work to create opportunities to let wealth flow (while avoiding the creation of opportunities for the diverting of the wealth flow) to the people to create the conditions that allow the birth rates to drop is not instantaneous and, even if it works, things will get worse until then.

No sterilization does NOT = creation of more opportunity.  It lowers the numbers living in poverty.  If nothing is done to bring opportunity in, all One does with sterilization is devalue Human life, and leave the sterile Ones just as They were.

As evidenced by "charities" that accrue millions and then use those funds to richly pay the high end administrators and maybe 2% actually is used to help.

That's because of the hypocrisy of those that are not billionaires, millionaires or even rich but that like to appear to other people like someone they are not.

Huh?  Most of the high end administrators are also CEO's and attorneys, and other members of society who are in the psychopathic range.  They are not there to help - They are there to make money and gain the power over Others it allows.

Hypocrisy, yes, but on the part of the rich.  The contributors are Us, the caring People, who can't afford Ourselves to bring relief but add what little We can while trusting Our money will go to actually help.  The psychopaths laugh all the way to the bank.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 04:57:59 pm »
Come on, Armap, you don't get to the top without being ruthless :P

Perhaps it is because if your a nice guy the little peeps take advantage of you :P

We had an Alarm Company in Toronto... basically two people that merged two one man operations. I was installer extraordiniare, Fred was an awesome salesman... so it worked great

Then we got too much work.... so we had to hire a few people...

We were nice guys... we provided a car that the employees could take home for personal use. They had a gasoline card...

Next thing we knew... the two of them were down in Vermont skying using our car and gas card...

Needless to say they were out of a job when they got back and the next employees didn't get a car or a gasoline card. In fact we just contracted out.

Small example BUT this is how it starts  "We the Peeps..." are our own worst enemy. That is why the phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted"

You talk to any successful businessman who ever tried to give workers a break... I bet they will have hundreds of similar stories

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »
That's why i'm only considered a 'second rate mechanic' by my bosses, and their bosses, and the 2 silent partners who siphon off all the money from my sweat.
Because i'm not ruthless, or assertive enough, i don't care what THEY think :P
Do you guys think i'm just a 'second rate mechanic' or just a bit more?

No its because like any other mad scientist :P you are too busy being all over the map with ideas and no head for business. This is why most genius inventors died broke

Artists are the same... but somewhere along the line artists figured out they could hire an AGENT to 'sell' them and their work. In today's world that is called 'licensing' and many former starving artists now make a side living(fortune0 of licensing their art to greeting cards etc...

If Inventors would learn from this and hire agents, then the big corporations wouuld have to pay the inventor and his agent before they could market it

The inventor needs the corporation... because the inventor cannot fund mass production and still spend his time inventing

But an agent as a go between, like artists have, would ensure that the money is more equally distributed

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 05:10:10 pm »
Pretty much.  Haven't seen a one of Them use Their enormous wealth to improve living for Other Humans -

BULL SH!T

Quite frankly my dear... you don't SEE IT because you don't WANT to see it...

Try googling the word PHILANTHROPIST

Milton Hershey ~ founded the Milton Hershey School and gave the majority of his assets, property, and control of the Hershey Company to a trust that supports the school.

Here is a short list...

Name               Amount given    Cause
Warren Buffett      $30.7 billion            healthcare, extreme poverty, education, access to information technology
Bill Gates               $29.0 billion            Education, AIDS-prevention, sanitation(washrooms)
Li Ka-shing       $10 billion            Education, healthcare
George Soros       $6 billion           Democratic governance, anti-Fascist publications, human rights, economic, legal, and social reform
Azim Premji       $2 billion           Education, healthcare
Howard Hughes   $1.56 billion           Healthcare

Bono ~ One of the world's best-known philanthropic performers and was named the most politically effective celebrity of all time by the National Journal. He has been dubbed, "the face of fusion philanthropy", both for his success enlisting powerful allies from a diverse spectrum of leaders in government, religious institutions, philanthropic organisations, popular media, and the business world, as well as for spearheading new organizational networks that bind global humanitarian relief with geopolitical activism and corporate commercial enterprise.
Alagappa Chettiar Notable for his work on Indian education.
Sir Cliff Richard ~ One of the vice-presidents of Tearfund, a British religious, relief and development agency which have done many charity works in over 50 countries including projects in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sudan, Kenya, Uganda, Haiti Bulgaria and Cambodia. He supports anothers organizations and foundations: The Hunger Project, Kidney Research UK, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, Teenage Cancer Trust, Cliff Richard Tennis Foundation, Alzheimer's Research UK. He also opened two new purpose-built buildings - Tamarisk and Marion Court in New Barnet, Herts. for Self Unlimited, a national charity for people with learning disabilities.
Sir Ganesh Dutt Longest serving minister in British Empire who gave all his earnings for charitable works specially education.
Tarek Ben Halim ~ Investment Banker and Founder of Alfanar in 2004, the first Venture philanthropy organization with a special focus on the Arab Region.
Prince Karim Aga Khan IV ~ founder[1] and chairman[2] of the Aga Khan Development Network which focuses on health, education, culture, rural development, institution-building and the promotion of economic development.[2]
Jane Addams ~ co-founder of the Hull House settlement house in Chicago.[3]
Howard Ahmanson, Jr. ~ multi-millionaire philanthropist and financier of the causes of many conservative Christian cultural, religious and political organizations.
William Allen - founded and endowed many institutions and causes including 'Schools of Industry' at Lindfield and Newington Academy for Girls.
Michael Bloomberg ~ Donations include over USD$300 million to Johns Hopkins University.
Warren Buffett ~ pledged US$30.7 billion worth of Berkshire Hathaway stock to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Arpad Busson ~ founder of Ark (Absolute Return for Kids) Academy. ARK projects focus on health in sub-Saharan Africa, education in the UK, US and India and child protection in Eastern Europe.
Nicholas Murray Butler - president of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace from 1925 to 1945.
Andrew Carnegie ~ donated money to build over 2500 libraries worldwide. Founder of the Carnegie Foundations, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, and Carnegie Mellon University.
George Clooney ~ known for his humanitarian work in aiding the Darfur conflict, organizing Hope for Haiti Now, his involvement in Not On Our Watch and many other organizations and personal tasks to end oppression and world suffering of many types.
Anthony Ashley Cooper, 7th Earl of Shaftesbury - chairman of the Ragged Schools Union (during the Victorian era).
Richard Desmond – President of the Norwood Charity, raised around £14m for charitable causes with the RD Crusaders, helped build the Richard Desmond Children’s Eye Centre part of Moorfields Eye Hospital.
Walt Disney ~ helped to fund California Institute of the Arts
Anthony J. Drexel ~ founder of Drexel University
Maulana Dr. Abdul Sattar Edhi ~ head of the Edhi Foundation in Pakistan.
Larry Ellison ~ pledged to give more than half the value of his stock in Oracle Corporation to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Sir Fazle Hasan Abed ~ founder of BRAC.
Mohamed Al-Fayed ~ founder of The New School at West Heath.
Chuck Feeney ~ founder of Atlantic Philanthropies.
Edsel Ford ~ co-founder of the Ford Foundation.
Henry Ford ~ co-founder of the Ford Foundation.
Bill Gates ~ co-founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Melinda Gates ~ co-founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
J. Paul Getty ~ funded the construction of the Getty Villa, the original Getty Museum, and donated his art collection to it. Upon his death, left his fortune to the Getty Museum, which eventually expanded to the Getty Center in Los Angeles.
David Gilmour ~ singer and guitarist of Pink Floyd who was made CBE for his years of philanthropy and gave $7.5 million from sale of his London home to the homeless charity Crisis
Kenneth C. Griffin ~ Founder and CEO Citadel LLC. Co-founder of the Kenneth and Anne Griffin Foundation.
Edward Harkness ~ Various private colleges and boarding schools; medical facilities; Commonwealth Fund
Amal Hijazi ~ a Lebanese singer, who is known for her philanthropy
Vernon Hill ~ founder of Commerce Bank and President of Metro Bank; gave a $10m donation to the Penn School of Veterinary Medicine[4]
Thomas Holloway ~ Victorian patent medicine entrepreneur and founder of Royal Holloway, University of London
Johns Hopkins ~ founder of the Johns Hopkins University and the Johns Hopkins Hospital
Howard Hughes ~ Aviator, engineer, industrialist and film producer, donated US$1.56 billion to various charities including the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
Yusuf Islam (also known as Cat Stevens) ~ founder of Islamic schools, Muslim Aid and Small Kindness.
Michael Jackson ~ has donated more than US$500 million to various foundations, and is noted as the entertainer who supported the most charity organisations by Guinness World Records. He also founded the Heal the World Foundation.
Angelina Jolie ~ American Actress, who is well known for her humanitarian world wide and who is also a Goodwill Ambassador for the UN Refugee Agency
Alicia Keys ~ American singer/songwriter and spokeswoman for Keep A Child Alive.
Imran Khan ~ Founder of the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust which was behind the first cancer research institution in Pakistan.
H. F. Lenfest ~ donated $5 million in coherence with Chester County to preserve over 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) of land in Newlin Township, Chester County, PA. The land is now owned by Natural Lands Trust.
Julius Curtis Lewis, Jr. ~ Estimated lifetime donations of US$130 million to various civic, spiritual; charitable organizations. Many in Savannah, Georgia.
Li Ka-shing ~ founder and chairman of the Li Ka Shing Foundation, which focuses on two major areas: capacity empowerment through education and building of a caring society through medical and healthcare related projects. In 2006, Li pledged to donate one-third of his fortune estimated at over US$10 billion to charity and philanthropic projects throughout the world.
Juliette Gordon Low ~ Also known as "Daisy", founded Girl Scouts of the USA in 1912 in Savannah, GA.
Catherine T. MacArthur ~ co-founder of the MacArthur Foundation.
John D. MacArthur ~ co-founder of the MacArthur Foundation.
Chris Martin ~ lead singer of British alternative rock band Coldplay. He is known for supporting the Make Trade Fair campaign. He and his band also contribute 15% of their money to charity.
Paul Mellon ~ major benefactor of arts and education, and co-founder of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Ailsa Mellon-Bruce ~ co-founder of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Mary Louise Milliken Childs ~ Builder of the Milliken Memorial Community House, the first privately donated community house in America.
Kylie Minogue ~ europop/dance singer and performer, actress and fashion designer.
Sunil Bharti Mittal - Set up Bharti Foundation that runs schools for 30,000 underprivileged children in rural India
Samuel Morley MP ~ founded Morley College, London and endowed other institutions and causes.
Jamie and Karen Phelps Moyer ~ founded the Moyer Foundation to assist non-profit organizations in raising money for children with serious distresses.
Sidney Myer ~ Founder of the Iconic Australian Department store chain Myer.
Petra N?mcová ~ Czech supermodel who is the founder of the Happy Hearts Fund
Paul Newman ~ Founder of Newman's Own and the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp for seriously ill children, as well as major donations to other charities.
Alfred Nobel ~ founder of the Nobel Prizes.
Dolly Parton ~ Legendary country singer is an advocate for children's education through her foundation, the Imagination Library, which gives books to children on a regular basis to develop their reading skills before starting school.
Princess Bernice Pauahi ~ left properties to the education of Hawaiian boys and girls in what is now Kamehameha Schools.
Linus Pauling ~ donated time and effort and spent personal funds to bring about the worldwide ban on above ground nuclear weapons testing.
Ty Pennington ~ Host of ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and avid advocate of doing good towards others in need and to those who give of themselves for the sake of others.
Raymond and Ruth Perelman ~ Parents of Ronald O. Perelman (below), they donated $225 million to the University of Pennsylvania Medical School, the largest donation in that university's history, in 2011.
Ronald O. Perelman ~ Largest Revlon stockholder, has donated over $200 million to various causes since 2001, including a $50 million gift to create the Ronald O. Perelman Heart Institute at New York Presbyterian Hospital and Weill Cornell Medical Center; signed the Gates-Buffett Pledge in August 2010, committing up to half his assets to be designated for the benefit of charitable causes (after his family and children have been provided for). In August 2011, Ronald Perelman he hosted his second annual benefit for the Apollo Theater, raising over $1.5 million.[5] A recent Forbes 400 article[6] discusses Ronald and Raymond (listed directly above) Perelman's father-son relationship and extensive philanthropy in detail.
Dame Shirley Porter ~ Tesco heiress and co-founder of The Porter Foundation, has donated to Tel Aviv University, social welfare facilities and ecological funding, the National Portrait Gallery in London, and others.
Charles Pratt ~ founder of Pratt Institute.
Christopher Reeve ~ founder of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
Werner Reinhart ~ industrialist, philanthropist, music and literature patron
Donald Rix ~ BC Innovation Council, BC Cancer Agency Foundation, BC Medical Services Foundation, and the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
Sir David Robinson ~ founder of the Robinson Charitable Trust, and of Robinson College.
John D. Rockefeller ~ founder of the Rockefeller Foundation and Rockefeller University.
John D. Rockefeller Jr. - dramatically expanded the Rockefeller Foundation and Rockefeller University. He also bought and then donated the land in Manhattan upon which the United Nations headquarters was built.
John D. Rockefeller 3rd ~ major third-generation Rockefeller philanthropist and founder of the Asia Society (1956), the Population Council (1952) and a reconstituted Japan Society, he was chairman of the Rockefeller Foundation for twenty years. He established the Rockefeller Public Service Awards in 1958. Among his many other achievements, he was the driving force behind the construction of the landmark Lincoln Center, built between 1959 and 1966, in New York City.
J.K. Rowling ~ President of One Parent Families, and advocate for social equity.
Joseph Rowntree - founder of the four Rowntree trusts.
Enriqueta Augustina Rylands, foundress of the John Rylands Library
John Rylands
Shakira ~ founder of Pies Descalzos Foundation.
Sir Run Run Shaw ~ founder of the Shaw Prize Foundation.
Gary Sinise ~ co-founder of Operation Iraqi Children.
George Soros ~ estimated to have donated more than US$6 billion, often through the Open Society Institute and Soros Foundations.
Ellen Gates Starr ~ co-founder of Hull House.
Levi Strauss ~ Gave to many notable foundations of his time. He also gave to many Jewish synagogues and organizations (he was Jewish himself).
Belinda Stronach - co-founder of Spread the Net
Mother Teresa ~ founded the Missionaries of Charity. Her work among the poverty-stricken in Calcutta made her one of the world's most famous people.
Marian Tompson ~ co-founder of La Leche League International, a breastfeeding support organization.
Cornelius Vanderbilt ~ funded Vanderbilt University.
William Henry Vanderbilt ~ cofounder of the Metropolitan Opera.
William Wilberforce ~ English politician, headed successful parliamentary campaign against the British slave trade, and later supported the campaign for complete abolition.
Oprah Winfrey ~ estimated donations above US$300 million, and founder of Oprah's Angel Network.
Steve Wozniak ~ provided all the money, as well as a good amount of on-site technical support, for the technology program for the Los Gatos School district. Co-founder of Apple Computer (now Apple Inc.)
Mr. T ~ Famous actor (Starred in 1980's TV series, 'The A-Team' and 'Rocky III'), motivational speaker, donated all his gold to charity. Known for catch phrase, ' I pity the fool!'
Milton Hershey ~ founded the Milton Hershey School and gave the majority of his assets, property, and control of the Hershey Company to a trust that supports the school.
Abdul Rahman Al-Sumait ~ Founder of Direct Aid, a charity organization that has built 124 hospitals and dispensaries, 840 schools, 204 Islamic Centers, 214 women training centers and 2,200 mosques in Africa. Along with that, it has also distributed thousands of tons of food and medicines in famine-stricken areas and adopted nearly 10,000 orphans

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 05:16:34 pm »
I have a book... three ring binder... the HOLY GRAIL of fund raising as it were...

It contains page after page of MAJOR CORPORATIONS that have millions of dollars available annually in foundation trusts for Education, health, Arts, Construction and other projects

All you have to do is learn HOW to apply and which one covers your needs

When we had the plan to build the Theme Park... A Historical Performing Arts Education Destination Resort... we had access to 200 MILLION. Had it not been for three people passing away at a bad moment I would be one of those big corporations now that you hate :P

Was told our plan would NET 4 BILLION in 10 years and take 1.5 years to build

Still a VERY VIABLE plan, especially NOW when jobs are in demand and as the economy revives... but where are the people with dedication to make it happen?

I am here... the project is in the file cabinet...

You know how to reach me :D

Here is ONE example....

In 2012, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $1 billion in cash and in-kind contributions around the world. This includes $1 billion in cash and in-kind gifts in the United States and $82.2 million in cash and in-kind gifts in international markets. In addition, Walmart, Sam’s Club and Logistics associates volunteered more than 2.2 million hours, generating $18 million to U.S. nonprofits.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 05:20:05 pm »
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (B&MGF or the Gates Foundation) is the largest private foundation in the world, founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. It is "driven by the interests and passions of the Gates family." The primary aims of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology. The foundation, based in Seattle, Washington, is controlled by its three trustees: Bill Gates, Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett. Other principal officers include Co-Chair William H. Gates, Sr. and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Raikes.

It had an endowment of US$38.3 billion as of 30 June 2013. The scale of the foundation and the way it seeks to apply business techniques to giving makes it one of the leaders in the philanthrocapitalism revolution in global philanthropy, though the foundation itself notes that the philanthropic role has limitations. In 2007, its founders were ranked as the second most generous philanthropists in America, and Warren Buffett the first.[6] As of May 16, 2013, Bill Gates had donated US$28 billion to the foundation.

About eBay Foundation

eBay Foundation's mission is to contribute to the economic and social well-being of local communities. In carrying out this mission, the Foundation engages eBay Inc.'s employees and customers and supports their pursuit of charitable giving and volunteerism. Learn more about eBay's Global Citizenship initiatives.

Powerful Giving Grant Recipients

Baylor Healthcare System Foundation (Dallas, TX)
Nominated by PowerSeller willow-wear

Blind Center of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
Nominated by PowerSeller BlindCenterNV

Cathedral Kitchen (Camden, NJ)
Nominated by PowerSeller lgmerch

Forward Stride (Beaverton, OR)
Nominated by PowerSeller sesile*s

Gift of Life Family House (Philadelphia, PA)
Nominated by PowerSeller tootsiegirls

Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida (North Fort Myers, FL)
Nominated by PowerSeller thecoveredbroom

International House (Fort Wayne, IN)
Nominated by PowerSeller mylildarlings

National Relief Charities (Elkwood, VA)
Nominated by PowerSeller shannonalbert30

Richmond SPCA (Richmond, VA)
Nominated by PowerSeller KraftersAttic

Sea Turtle Inc. (South Padre Island, TX)
Nominated by PowerSeller Katestore

SOS Outreach (Edwards, CO)
Nominated by PowerSeller evogear

The Blues Foundation (Memphis, TN)
Nominated by PowerSeller flwrpwrgrl

Acterra (Palo Alto, California)
Nominated by PowerSeller pogowray

Both Your Hands (Alden, New York)
Nominated by PowerSeller envirosafetygal

Garland County Casa (Hot Springs, Arkansas)
Nominated by PowerSeller Eastgatedistributors

Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando (Orlando, Florida)
Nominated by PowerSeller fvmtoolsandmore

Milo Foundation (Willits, California)
Nominated by PowerSeller foggypaws

National Children's Cancer Society (St. Louis, Missouri)
Nominated by PowerSeller wabbit-king

National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (Emmitsburg, Maryland)
Nominated by PowerSeller mooseeblack

Nonprofit Technology Resources (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Nominated by PowerSeller ntr_bundle

Raleigh Boychoir (Raleigh, North Carolina)
Nominated by PowerSeller rechan

YWCA of Bellingham (Bellingham, Washington)
Nominated by PowerSeller smile4u667

American Lung Association of Arizona (Phoenix, Arizona)
Nominated by PowerSeller ohearn616

Guardian Angel Community Services (Joliet, Illinois)
Nominated by PowerSeller wwdata

John Wayne Cancer Institute (Santa Monica, California)
Nominated by PowerSeller bestbuy2001

Police Activities League of Greater Portland (Portland, Oregon)
Nominated by PowerSeller portlandsportscard

Students in Free Enterprise (Springfield, Missouri)
Nominated by PowerSeller d56cltr

Bakersfield Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Bakersfield, California)
Nominated by PowerSeller 14chula

Boaz and Ruth (Richmond, Virginia)
Nominated by PowerSeller Elegant.Arts

Center for the Arts and Sciences of West Virginia (Charleston, West Virginia)
Nominated by PowerSeller blackknighttrader

Christmas in October (Kansas City, Missouri)
Nominated by PowerSeller EZAuctionAgent

Donna Reed Center for the Performing Arts (Denison, Iowa)
Nominated by PowerSeller moviemagicusa

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]