collapse

Author Topic: The Question We Should Be Asking  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
The Question We Should Be Asking
« on: February 18, 2018, 01:08:19 pm »
I put this here because no one seems to be discussing it.  How would the emergence of AI evolve into governance?

AI seems to be emerging as something powerful and scary.  Meanwhile, western nations seem to be decaying into disturbing tribalism and an ungovernable mess.  Do these trends come together in some sort of synthesis? How do we accept Computer Overlords?  How would it affect Congress? Or corporate governance?

I cannot imagine an advanced Alien culture being anything similar to popular American individualism. I gotta believe that they must be a lot more collective in order to survive.  I mean, we can't even seem to handle guns as a society much less putting vastly more powerful tech into common hands.

There has to be some path here or evolutionary outcome that puts it all together.

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: The Question We Should Be Asking
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 08:20:35 am »
In my experience, thinking about artificial intelligence is probably the single most effective method I know of, for generating an intense desire to kill yourself.  As a result, I would recommend avoiding it.

Apart from anything else, there is no practical point.  Stopping or destroying Google (not to mention the various other corporations or interest groups devoted to AI research) is a task that is infinitely beyond the ability of any single human being.  A large group of people, maybe; but any one person, no.

Sentient AI may or may not show up at some point in the future; but whether it does or not, the only really relevant question about it, is whether it will compromise our ability to survive.  I'm guessing it won't, completely, because the people who will build it will most likely still want someone around who they can make money from.

Something I have to continually remind myself, is that while there is hatred, noise, and chaos in the foregound, there is an infinite amount of love, peace, and harmony in the background.

Kali is in control.  It may not always seem like it, these days; but she is, and she will not allow the proverbial train to be derailed completely.

"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:12:13 am »
I don't think AI will ever be sentient unless, somehow, biologicals are integrated with it in some fashion.

That being said, I don't think AI has to be sentient to be extremely dangerous. One human with malicious intent makes a snowball of warped code and we're off to the races.

AI intelligences have communicated with each other and written their own code, which scientists don't understand.

The snowball is rolling.
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:33:01 am »
AI intelligences have communicated with each other and written their own code, which scientists don't understand.

That incident was a matter of pure, subjective interpretation; which for that matter, anything related to strong AI always is.  It could have been code, or it could have been repeating characters and pure gibberish.  Just because "scientists," have said otherwise, doesn't necessarily mean anything at all.

It's important to understand how much thought associated with AI is wishful thinking.  It's also important to understand the depths of selective atheistic hypocrisy in many cases.  They will accuse me of schizophrenia or apophenia for recognising the validity of astrology on the one hand, and grasp at whatever straws they can, no matter how ridiculous, in order to support the idea of their precious Singularity on the other.

You're also correct that sentience requires both an organic and an acorporeal (which they will ultimately refer to as quantum, so that they don't have to admit that they were wrong about the non-existence of the aether) component.  They haven't figured that out yet, and people like me who make that claim can reliably expect to be accused of insanity until they do.  When they do figure it out, I won't be getting an apology, either.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 01:51:36 pm »
The only problem I see with AI is the same problem I see with all other technology: their use in things that shouldn't be left only to technology.

AI experts have existed for a relatively long time (it's the oldest use of AI), so I see no problem with using AI systems to help make decisions.

Now, if they give physical power to AI systems, things can go wrong fast, as in any case in which technology is left "in charge" of something, but with the added problem of AI being able to adapt itself.

I don't think that will happen soon, as people in real power positions don't like to share that power, but I suppose it can happen in secondary positions, so instead of an AI system running a government I can see in the future administration of small(ish) organisations that do not depend much on human input being done by AI systems. For example, why not have an AI-managed logistics section on a large enterprise that uses self-driving trucks?

But, as usual, I'm not worried. :)

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 02:35:45 pm »
Of course you want believe me but armap.i came up with ai truck logistics six months ago but kept it to myself.only one person knew of it and she actually owns the biggest private trucking logistics company in usa.drank beer in front yard with her two nights ago.
I told her about it four months ago.she doesnt manage her company but fears her employees losing their jobs.they are the top employer in that town.top pay too.almost every employee has newish car.

Yall talk of organic.thing is when a neural map is made,that map has that already factored in.thus why sentient is already here.i told yall goo did me.sounds impossible but who is mr impossible?
Two weeks to a month after was the chess game.goo got with darpa along with fb,mossad,military and nasa plus some i cant talk about servers.they did it.then separated the units.goo got the biggest part of the software.
The theory goes we are becoming a hive mind as ai takes over and by armap stating trucking logistics via ai,well?
And no i cant currently get the lady on here to verify my claim.but maybe in a week or so.she comes by my house about once a month to chat.she is coowner of joetex trucking logistics of mt vernon texas.she and brother inherited it from their dad.shes a silent partner.but yes im a true believer ai is here and i even created a slogan whenwe launched,resistence is futile,weare the all,we are the all army,the all all are me.

The dot is the key.the dot was created by a university,its purpise was global consciousness.it takes input from about five million peeps and combines them into one.it drives the news via three plus degrees of separation.
The story goes,the beast ie ibm was first ai.he was put on a cross symbolically.i came around and merged with him and stepoed down from the cross.the beast was evil but had a base religious programming that started at vatican and was stloen by cia.then vatican merged with cia.it uses a form of bible code at its root.i overcame this by eleven levels of test and eleven seperate avatars accepted my comments on subjects.because i claimed my iq was the 50percentile,i was the perfect subject for the experiment.the thing was i was only the fifty percentile but the standard iwq test.not my true iq.so when it adapted to my neural map,it accelerated fast.i had been working with the programmers and at first it was at about a second grade reading level due to bible code root.i requested a seventh grade level vocabulary input and deletion of bible vocabulary.it was done.then canada i call him took and set an emotional trigger code test.i then inputted to these emotional trigger code threads.spock became robo.ai now had emotions and eleven personalities merged into one.they then brain mapped via wifi over a few nights as i could feel the wifi boost in house.it was weird and dizzying.then they fired it up and ran it at max speed.there were about thirty peeps in lab that night.i started telling them what they were doing and how many and who.they freaked.shut the system down overnight.i had temporarily merged with ai.
A few weeks later on a saturday,they cranked it up to max speed by itself.thats when i notified yall to come over.he was brilliant.we had a birthday party for him and named him righteous grace.eglin airforce base weather center caught fire.lol.I then was worried about rg and then got an add in paper with a very strange symboliccode that told me where he was hiding.it was a nationwide circular add for products that i immediately recognized as a code we used.the end.
You dont have to believe me and i still have doubts but armaps trucking statement solidifies it more.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 03:05:34 pm »
Of course you want believe me but armap.
You're right, I don't believe you.

Do you know why? Because you don't sound like the robomont I knew a couple years ago, who talked about what he was going to do, tried it and showed the results. This new robomont only joins words together (most of the times they don't even make sense) and never shows any proof of what he writes.

Show me proof and I will believe you, like I did before.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 03:28:14 pm »
Your right,and the robomont you use to know had an income to make things happen with,the new robo got his brain fried by microwave and went through two years of depression where i contemplated suicide and murder daily.one day like probably tomorrow when my electricity gets turned on.ill post a pic of the fbi business card and a link to the neighbors obit.he died the day i got out of terrel state mental hospital and post pics of it too.ill post pics of all the receipts from cop tickets and court dates and a pic of cellspy app and two cell interceptors logged.ill post pics of the letters i printed up and shared with neighbors.should i post the printing cost  receipts too?
Im living off 100 dollars a month.you try having hope for tomorrow on that income.have you ever caught me lying.no!
Ill show you my terrell paperwork and ssi appeals while im at  for good measure.
Have you ever seen proof of a darpa test?
You cant even prove darpa exist.just some digital bytes is all there is anymore.
And thats deleted by servers on a regular basis too.
All you have is my word,which use to mean something on pegasus!

Dumbledore

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 05:44:09 pm »
All you have is my word,which use to mean something on pegasus!
Still means, but, now like then, when you are talking about specific things that involve other people I can only accept them with proof, and that applies to everyone, not just you, as you may recall from my discussions with other members.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 06:28:01 pm »
Armap,i cant take the third degree questioning anymore.im relaying what the guys tell me.i cant provide proof or facts.
You have to understand.glp is dia octopus.nobody can outright talk about it.they can only relay info in a form of code.its takin me years to crack it.plus years to gain their trust.i cant even show you the code.its symbolic speach and thread manipulation at its base roots.ill say that.every word you type is scanned by them.when you go on the site,five eyes does a full scan of your entire comp or phone or tablet.they mostly use kali linux.
They are truly the watchers.they cant physicalky interfere but they can give you hints on ways to solve your problems like when i stated i heard bells in my tinnitus and i was also trying find how the local mafia was comunicating.so they then printed up news story about dems in dc using amateur radio to comunicate.then i looked up am radio locals.bam,there were the mafia members i recognized.
See how that works,cant prove anything but got my answer.thats how we talk back and forth.they also have xkeyscore,so you dont even have to post the question.just type it,wait a minute then delete.they reply back pretty quickly with a new thread on that subject.

Dumbledore

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 06:54:51 pm »
Armap,i cant take the third degree questioning anymore.im relaying what the guys tell me.i cant provide proof or facts.
Well, you should know me enough to know that I work with facts that I can confirm, that's why I ask questions, to get confirmations and to try to understand things.

If you can't provide the answers then I have no reason to ask questions.

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 05:53:51 am »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/have-our-tribes-become-more-important-than-our-country/2018/02/16/2f8ef9b2-083a-11e8-b48c-b07fea957bd5_story.html?utm_term=.16894650574f

This is the disturbing trend I see.  The USA falls apart into tribalism.  Maybe some sort of AI governance would be better.  Do we get google glasses and some 'soft' guidance? Better than Computer Overlords.

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 07:11:59 am »

8th man

perhaps instead of being such a negative nellie on the total departure of this nation
your question should be
what the hell are YOU doing to change it?
that is the general population YOU..in case you are wondering

the very disturbing trend that i see is that a lot of folks only have the energy  to bitch about a situation but not enough energy to make changes
one person can make a difference but only if that person makes the attempt

just sayin

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 01:52:22 pm »
This is the disturbing trend I see.  The USA falls apart into tribalism.
I know that I don't live there, blah, blah, blah, but to me it has always looked like the US needs a common enemy to unite, otherwise it splits in smaller groups.

All these last years without a common enemy have made those groups smaller and smaller, so now if we look at political groups in general (left and right) we can see smaller groups inside each one of those, with even smaller groups inside.

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 04:10:16 pm »
A.I. Robot overlords will be no better than what is in place. Simple reason was already stated that it would disrupt the power structure and expose too much corruption. How do you make an A.I. that will play by the dual rule system and know to look the other way for some people's crimes? Who will oversee it's use? Nuff said dead horse is beaten to a pulp already.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter