collapse

Author Topic: YouTube goes Full Retard: Removes Old Layout Style  (Read 11761 times)

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
YouTube goes Full Retard: Removes Old Layout Style
« on: March 08, 2018, 04:45:27 pm »
Google has removed the option to revert to the Old Layout in YouTube by removing the option in the drop down at top right.

I just went on YouTube and as always started my 'fix it' routine by trying to switch back to old layout. Apparently that option is no longer there. Google has shown a dogged determination to destroy YouTube in every action they take. The new layout version is unacceptable, and is likely the last straw for me. YouTube is now unusable, and there is no longer any reason for Google to even exist since YouTube was the only thing of theirs that I used.

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/82whs4/old_layout_option_gonegoogle_dead_to_me/?st=jej55nvt&sh=ab09a3ac

Now utilities like YouTube Downloader (YTD) won't work.

But don't despair my friends!

There is a fix!

Add the following to the end of your video URL: &disable_polymer=1

Hope that makes your day  ;)
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: YouTube goes Full Retard: Removes Old Layout Style
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 05:18:35 pm »
Is there a new layout? Didn't noticed.  ;D

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 05:34:00 pm »
LOL Armap.
Yes it's really true  :)

It's hard to keep up with the changes at Google.
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:44:14 pm »
I've used YouTube since just before Google's acquisition of it, in 2006 I think it was.  I've watched its' interface gradually sink into the toilet.  I also know about the Adpocalypse last year, where they randomly started demonetising and quarantining videos which the Left don't like, and the recent purge this year where several people have been banned simultaneously.

While it's true that most of the people being banned are either overt or closet fascists, (Jordan Peterson, Paul Joseph Watson, Sargon of Akkad and friends; what I tend to refer to as the diet fascism demographic.  They're basically the Right's equivalent to Michael Moore or Bill Maher where the Left are concerned) that definitely isn't always the case.  Most of the blacksmithing channels I watch have now needed to adopt independent methods of making a living, (individual ad sponsorship, Patreon etc) because apparently if you enjoy making tools, you just might be a white supremacist; and you're almost certainly suffering from toxic masculinity.  Survivalism has also been hit, although only really if the video in question features guns.

There is a hard push to associate almost any form of self reliance, in people's minds, with the extreme, racist Right.  Blacksmithing is out, because while you can make your own cooking implements, you can also potentially make swords.  Survivalism is out, because while that can be purely about firebuilding, camping, and rural survival, it is often also about guns.  Prepping and homesteading are being reframed as the exclusive domain of the Ku Klux Klan.  The corporations want everyone to do nothing but mindlessly, passively consume, and if you want to do anything other than that, you can reliably expect to be accused of goose stepping.  I probably don't need to mention the degree of irony here.

Google will reliably destroy itself, given time; and I suspect Apple is about to self-destruct (or at least become greatly less relevant) as well.  People are getting tired of Big Tech and its' crap.  Google and YouTube used to genuinely be about enabling people to find what they wanted; but now both of those companies (and Facebook) are dedicated to wasting as much of our time as possible, so they can bombard us with ads.

I still use YouTube, but I at times also use Bit Chute now as well, which is a lot less censored.  While there genuinely is a lot of hard Right garbage on Bit Chute because of said lack of censorship, there is worthwhile material there as well; gaming and cooking channels, among other things.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 07:35:28 am »
There is a hard push to associate almost any form of self reliance, in people's minds, with the extreme, racist Right.  Blacksmithing is out, because while you can make your own cooking implements, you can also potentially make swords.  Survivalism is out, because while that can be purely about firebuilding, camping, and rural survival, it is often also about guns.  Prepping and homesteading are being reframed as the exclusive domain of the Ku Klux Klan.  The corporations want everyone to do nothing but mindlessly, passively consume, and if you want to do anything other than that, you can reliably expect to be accused of goose stepping.  I probably don't need to mention the degree of irony here.
That is the problem with modern society, Petrus, and will be it's downfall if there is ever a major disruption such as loss of the power grid; corporate society has striven to turn the average citizen into a useless eater, a high tech consumer only, and I just shake my head at the efforts to wimpitize and emasculate society in general.

I do not want, or need, the government or anyone to take care of me, don't expect them to, and they can leave me the hell alone; if you click the domain link in my signature, you will find two sites listed, one on how to cook barbq, and one on survival prep;
civilization has bit the dust 4 times in the past, and who is to say it won't happen again?
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:51:12 pm »
Google and YouTube used to genuinely be about enabling people to find what they wanted
Google always wanted to get more hits than good results, choosing quantity over quality.

When they appeared there was a much better search engine, Altavista, that went out of business because Google became more popular because it appears to give more results.

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 02:52:10 pm »
I'm at my wits end with YT. Every video I try to watch is preceded by political ads from Illinois. I do not live in Illinois.

During each video there are additional ads.

F*CK YT.
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 03:14:19 pm »
What I noticed just now is that at the end of the videos they show another videos superimposed on the one we are seeing, making it impossible to see what's behind.

Idiots.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 03:22:23 pm »

Idiots.
Yep, that would be googletube  8)
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 06:05:29 pm »
What I noticed just now is that at the end of the videos they show another videos superimposed on the one we are seeing, making it impossible to see what's behind.

Idiots.

Given how polite and emotionally objective you normally are, ArMap, if a group of people can motivate you to call them idiots, then I can only assume that they truly are exceptionally idiotic.

But we need not worry.  To paraphrase Charlton Heston, if Google are not content to live by the Law, then they will assuredly die by it.  By this I mean that there are certain principles which a corporation should abide by if it wants to exist indefinitely; and foremost of those is providing genuine value to the public.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 07:32:36 pm »
I guess I don't watch YouTube enough to notice a difference.  I can still find "daddy scares baby Cameron," starring my youngest granddaughter.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 07:37:03 pm »
I look with disgust at the actions of Google on YouTube.
They amalgamated a new "Panel of Adjudicators" to ascertain what videos are breaking the guidelines and gave them absolute power to post ban, demonitise, and/or delete these channels.
What really made me angry was that one of the groups was "The Southern Poverty Law Center".
Really?

https://www.splcenter.org/

The Southern Poverty Law Center is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.

They actively promote and fund Antifa, Nations of Islam, Black Lives Matter, CAIR and The Muslim Brotherhood, while spewing hate against Veterans, and any Conservative group they can find.

And Google/Youtube gave them the reins of censorship?

Then they "mistakenly" shutdown websites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5449129/YouTube-moderators-mistakenly-shut-channels.html

But, if you look at the statistics:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09/12/report-google-is-biased-against-conservative-websites

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/09/08/a-method-of-google-search-bias-quantification-and-its-application-in-climate-debate-and-general-political-discourse/

There is a "Liberalising" of all news and entertainment.
Already CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC and all the Fake News Channels have a monopoly on the air waves, now it's time to invade the "Online" World.

We can see where this is going............ George Orwell's 1984 (News Speak) on Steroids.

P.S. The new CEO of YouTube is a transvestite.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:41:31 pm by starwarp2000 »

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 07:43:25 pm »
You can't escape "The Gay" in entertainment. I've been binge-watching a bunch of stuff. Every GD movie and series has had lesbian or gay sex.

As a heterosexual, this crap disgusts me and is a major sexual turnoff. We are being force-fed abherrant behavior.

I'm sick of it.  >:( 👎

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 07:51:29 pm »
You can't escape "The Gay" in entertainment. I've been binge-watching a bunch of stuff. Every GD movie and series has had lesbian or gay sex.

As a heterosexual, this crap disgusts me and is a major sexual turnoff. We are being force-fed abherrant behavior.

I'm sick of it.  >:( 👎

You are correct Irene.
As a Heterosexual, I am sick to death of being told that Perverted Sexual Acts are moral and good.
Every facet of our lives has been invaded, and now they are going after Children.

Gender re-assignment in Children between 4 and 9 years old has risen %320 this last year.
How can a 4 yr old decide that they want to change sex?

P.S. (If you knew the whole truth you would be full of rage: The greatest Truth that can be revealed about this World and this Forum would be shut down). It would chill you to the bone.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:58:41 pm by starwarp2000 »

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 07:54:18 pm »
What they're doing to the kids stuns me. I consider it serious child abuse.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter