collapse

Author Topic: New US Navy sonic weapon beaching whales, dolphins and other things.  (Read 10183 times)

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
Watched this last night and was not happy US Navy with you at all.  Because your testing new super sonar weapon, whales, dolphins and apparently other species are being beached and/or destroyed by your new bloody toy - high power sonic weapon.  NOAA got involved and noticed whales bleeding phrom ears.  Curses to you US Navy, curses.

Curses to you million times over, you bastards.

BTW the documentary makers make a good case re: mermaid type beings, which naturally the ptw barrelled in to take all the evidence away. a...holes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfPWHPyU1u4[/youtube]

It is in English language dont worry about the chinese writing at beginning.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:28:16 pm by biggles »
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
Re: New US Navy sonic weapon beaching whales, dolphins and other things.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »
More sick science, Biggles, what a damned shame...if all the kids who fell in love with Dolphin Tale saw this theyd become activists on the spot!

Instead, they wont even get a chance to, as the military has zero regard for animal and sea life.

Sick.:(

Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:18:38 am »
The effect of NAVY Sonar on Whales Etc has been ongoing for a long time. One of the main opponents of this is Pierce Brosnan. Through our Renaissance Guild we were woring with that program via Biogems and NRDC to put a stop to it

Pierce Brosnan Asks for Your Help in the Fight To Protect Whales
Nov 19, 2009

In this short video, narrated by Pierce Brosnan and co-produced by the Natural Resources Defense Council and the International Fund for Animal Welfare, the concept that commercial and military sonar kills whales is put forward. For more information on the issues facing whales today, please visit www.ifaw.org/whales

[youtube]cHuqYcKZoDg[/youtube]

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:39:20 am »
well we could maybe come up with a cheap ,small machines that could counter them.make life hell for anybody who use super sonar regardless of nationality.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 02:54:57 am »
He is also trying to stop new permits being issued fr Whaling to various countries

Pierce Brosnan Urges Obama to ‘Save the Whales’
 June 7, 2010

Former James Bond actor and longtime environmentalist Pierce Brosnan is speaking out against a proposed plan, backed by the president, that would clear the way for Japan, Norway and Iceland to resume commercial whaling.

In a guest column (appropriately called “A License to Kill … Whales?”) for the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW,) Brosnan addresses the proposal that has the entire anti-whaling community up in arms.

“In 1982, after most whale populations were plundered to near extinction, the IWC declared a ban on commercial whaling. It came into force in 1986 and remains one of the 20th century’s most iconic conservation victories,” writes Brosnan, who is IFAW’s global whale spokesperson.

President Ronald Reagan helped pass the ban protecting whales in international waters during his administration, and it’s been backed by every American president since. But about three years ago, the current proposal to lift the ban was introduced under the Bush administration and has, so far, been backed by President Obama. To add insult to injury for environmentalists everywhere, the final proposal was released on Earth Day on April 22.

Leaders are scheduled to vote on the proposal at the 62nd annual International Whaling Commission meeting in Morocco this month.

“The proposal not only rewards Japan, Iceland and Norway for flouting international law, but also gives these three nations ‘a license to kill’ whales commercially for the next ten years at least,” writes Brosnan.

Since the ban was enacted 24 years ago, more than 30,000 whales have nonetheless been killed, mostly around an international whale sanctuary in Antarctica. Japan says it hunts whales scientifically.

“It’s an outrageous assertion rejected by the scientific community and undermined by the fact that Japan hunts whales on factory ships, sells whale meat commercially and publishes next to no scientific papers of its results,” writes Brosnan. “Japan is now rumored to be seeking a new, state-of-the-art $100 million whaling vessel.”

Environmental and conservation organizations ranging from Greenpeace to the American Cetacean Society have been vehemently opposing the lift of the ban on commercial whaling and US support of the proposal, especially. What’s most disturbing to them is that during his campaign for president, Obama promised to strengthen the international ban on commercial whaling and condemned Japan’s violation of it.

For information on how to take action on this issue, check out the suggestions on the American Cetacean Society website.

Pierce Brosnan Urges Obama to ‘Save the Whales’

American Cetacean Society

International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)

Natural Resources Defense Council

NRDC Save Biogems

Through Biogems we were part of stoping the oil drilling in the Arctic refuge. I still have the letters from Robert Redford, Senator Harry Ried(NV) and Congresswoman Shelly Berkley(NV)

Pierce Brosnan Speaks Out Against Iceland's Illegal Whaling

[youtube]UAuDzHzjLkQ[/youtube]

FAW Efforts for Whales: Pierce Brosnan on Capitol Hill Asking for Your Support

[youtube]NSu6-BdrCbo[/youtube]

Pierce Brosnan Whales

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 05:35:11 am »
I wont hold my breath waiting for Prez Obama to do a damn thing anyone asks except the ones that put him in the White House.  >:( and that wasnt the general public imho, we know who they are.

Getting back to the doco in the OP, I will now put up a short clip of something that backs up the doco above as far as these amphibious beings are concerned.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKtUyIftrVU[/youtube]

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 05:43:44 am »
And here is a 3 min short from the doco with the scientists hypothesizing on how these water beings or mermaids could have evolved; interesting to say the least.

It still doesnt dampen my contempt for those murderous pigs making and throwing those super sonar killers in the ocean.  What gives them the right.  Just let me have them with back up ofcourse.  I will pick who I will have in the room with me.  >:(   I say we throw them off the deck of the Sea Shepherd, that would be fitting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Fzf8CLg1s&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:45:30 am by biggles »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 11:19:40 am »
Getting back to the doco in the OP, I will now put up a short clip of something that backs up the doco above as far as these amphibious beings are concerned.

Your thread title said it was about the Whales and Sonar....

...so now we switch to mermaids?   :o

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 01:35:48 pm »
Your thread title said it was about the Whales and Sonar....

...so now we switch to mermaids?   :o

The other things at the end of the title meant mermaids, I just didnt want to say it, so it sort of incorporates it I feel.  :-[

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 01:44:07 pm »
Biggles I wouldnt pick on the Navy myself ;)

The office of Naval Research were funding this program along with DSTO which to me seems Good ;)

Think of why a certain group get some help ?  :P

Humpback whale Acoustic Research Collaboration

The first incarnation of HARC, 2002 to 2004, involved the Australian Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), the University of St Andrews and the University of Queensland as the main partners. The original project was funded primarily by the U.S. Office of Naval Research, with additional funding from DSTO.

Experiments were conducted during the humpbacks' annual southern migration, developing a methodology to perform simultaneous visual and acoustic observations and tracking of whales, which resulted in a comprehensive dataset on the movements and behaviours of whales.

SOURCE:

http://www.uq.edu.au/whale/harc

Maybe them folke are helping as much as they can to the warriors in Black Ships "behind the scenes".  They do have ex- US Navy folke as members thats a given :D

Maybe they even figured out how to crack funnys with Whales in the Black Ops realms LOL  ;D

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 01:47:14 pm »
But Soma  :-*  their making the whales ears bleed and they came in and took the research papers away; their very naughty and I want the Sea Shepherd Captain (who is American) on board to tell them off.  :(

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 01:47:24 pm »
Maybe the mermaids wont talk to us without a mediator and that is where humpbacks come in :D

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 01:50:13 pm »
But Soma  :-*  their making the whales ears bleed and they came in and took the research papers away; their very naughty and I want the Sea Shepherd Captain (who is American) on board to tell them off.  :(

Yeah it sucks...   :'(

But to tarnish all in the force and research with the same brush also sucks.  That research in the Whale program is all about understanding, not destroying the whales and they offer their knowledge. 

Pssst Paul Watson is a Canuck  :D    Actually i think he is nothing now, a man of international waters :D

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 01:53:13 pm »
Maybe the mermaids wont talk to us without a mediator and that is where humpbacks come in :D

Apparently the blip on the sonar of the scientists showed that the mermaids do talk to the dolphins and whales and most likely hunt with the dolphins,   :(

Their being cruel and nasty to beautiful things those ptw of the Navy hierarchy; they want their backsides booted off the side of the Sea Shepherd.

BTW, Eddie woke me up, going back to bed soon with me water bottle.  ;D

Oh I didnt know Paul Watson was Canadian, their are Americans on board though willing to give their lives to whales.

If I was younger and healthier I'd love to be on board the Sea Shepherd and ram some whale hunting boats, we know which ones they are.

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
  • "Why are we all here? Because we ain't all there!"
    • Inception Radio Live-Chat
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:46 pm »
I had personally spoke to Mr. Gorells, PR for the NOAA Institute, and he openly admitted that they were monitoring the 'SONIC' weapons affects on oceanic life, but seems as if there is a lot of the story that isn't being addressed for sure, as far as the Oceanic life being terrorized with such weapons.

You can find the whole conversation I had with him here (Mr.Gorells, PR NOAA)

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=1408.msg16855#new

Also contact information as well.

1Worldwatcher
"To know men is too have knowledge, to know self is to have insight."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter