collapse

Author Topic: Floating Object in Statue's Hands  (Read 3907 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Floating Object in Statue's Hands
« on: August 02, 2018, 03:00:26 am »
Floating Object in Statue's Hands

I need to find the story behind this image. Now the statue obviously has that object attached and it is not actually floating. But the statue DEPICTS the object floating as it is not in contact with the hands

So is this an Ancient magic Trick? or and Ancient levitating artifact? It looks like it would have been metalic

The image title says  "Magnetic Levitation Ancient India Ball Shravanabelagola Statue Bahubali Mystery Gommateshwara"

Source
http://www.phenomenalplace.com/2018/02/mystery-of-worlds-largest-monolithic.html

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
Re: Floating Object in Statue's Hands
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 10:00:38 am »
I've seen a symbol of this in a couple other photos. Give me an hour to have lunch then find them.

I think the ancients found a naturally magnetic substance. Maybe this is a sample of what they used to build the pyramids, etc.

Edit -

Naturally, when you want to find something, you can't.

I saw a symbol of this object in a photo of a Dogon tribesman. It was painted on his belly and looked exactly like that object.

You all probably already know this. I'll say it for those who don't. The Dogon are widely accepted to be the remnants of the ancient Egyptians.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:57:47 am by Irene »
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline space otter

• Gold 691
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 11:08:22 am »
I need to find the story behind this image.

ok so here is the story...
she is one of the original jain..and i find it interesting how closely that comes to Jinn

Jainism - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism
Jainism traditionally known as Jain Dharma, is an ancient Indian religion. Followers of Jainism are called "Jains", a word derived from the Sanskrit word jina ..

https://mahamasthakabhisheka.com/gullakayajji/

Directly to the west of Siddhara basadi and opposite to Gommata is a Brahmadeva pillar with a pavilion at the top enshrining a seated figure of Brahmadeva. Below this pavilion stands the figure of a woman called Gullakayajji, about five feet high, facing Gommata and holding a Gullakayi in her hands. There is a tradition that when Chamundaraya made elaborate arrangements for performing the Abhisheka of Gommata, the milk did not descend lower than the thighs. But when guru directed him to use for anointment the little milk brought by a pious old woman in a Gullakayi, it instantly ran down all over the statue in streams and covered the hill. It is said that Gullakayajji or the Granny holding the Gullakayi was the Goddess Padmavati who, in order to break the pride of Chamundaraya at his great accomplishment, appeared at the time of the anointment in the guise of a poor old woman. According to another tradition she was the mythological Kushmandini. It is said that Chamundaraya got this image of Gullakayajji erected here and as mentioned the origin of the name of the village is also attributed by some to this tradition.

http://meghanahassan.blogspot.com/2017/12/gullikai-ajji-and-story-of-cup-of-milk.html
16 December 2017
Gullakayajji and the story of A Cup of Milk!!!
Facing the majestic idol of Bahubali on the Vindhyagiri hill is this black stone idol of an old lady, Gullakayajji. A small temple dedicated to a lady with a cup in her hand. Its been standing here ever since the majestic idol of Bahubali was carved.

16 December 2017
Gullakayajji and the story of A Cup of Milk!!!
Facing the majestic idol of Bahubali on the Vindhyagiri hill is this black stone idol of an old lady, Gullakayajji. A small temple dedicated to a lady with a cup in her hand. Its been standing here ever since the majestic idol of Bahubali was carved.

After the completion of the carving of the Bahubali idol, Chamundaraya arranged for the first Mahamastakabhisheka, the grand celebration. People gathered in thousands to have a glimpse of the idol which everyone was speaking about. An idol which was one of the best of its times. Chamundaraya had no limits to his pride, of getting the idol carved. Vessels of milk were carried up the hill to perform the ritual. The ceremony started and the milk was poured on the idol vessel after vessel. To everyone's surprise, the milk never reached the foot of the idol, it flowed down the head, face, chest and disappeared as a miracle before reaching the foot. More milk was poured to wet the idol, but everything went vain. Nobody could trace what the reason was. An old lady carried a cup of milk and wished to offer the blessing of the lord by pouring the milk on the idol. People laughed at her, but later allowed. To the surprise of everyone, a cup of milk poured by the old lady gushed from the idol's head like a stream past the feet and flowed down the hill to form the pond of milk at the foot of the Vindhyagiri Hill. So did the temple town get its name Belagola or Bili Kola meaning white pond or milky pond in Kannada. This incident broke Chamundaraya's pride, his pride of getting one of the biggest and beautiful idols carved. He immediately bowed down to the idol and asked for his forgiveness, the Mastakabhisheka was done with devotion.

https://www.thehindu.com/books/books-reviews/shravanabelagola-the-people-and-folklore/article22761389.ece

The idol of Gullakayajji, the woman whose pouring of water drenched the statue at the time of the first head anointment

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/photos/shravanabelagola-where-faith-and-art-converge-slideshow/shravanabelagola-photo-1338457716.html

opps forgot to add this

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-story-related-to-the-Hindu-goddess-Padmavati

http://www.abhijna-emuseum.com/weekly/padmavati-the-jaina-goddess/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:24:15 am by space otter »

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 11:32:33 am »
The model for the statue was tossing the object from one hand to the other, and was depicted mid-toss. 
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:43:18 am »
Found the pictures/video I was looking for.

You can see the symbol beginning at 1:45.

I was mistaken in my original post. I apologize for my terrible memory.

It is actually a symbol used by Australian aborigines, not the Dogon, and appears on a pillar at Gobekli Tepe, located in modern Turkey.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:46:07 am by Irene »
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter