collapse

Author Topic: If we have inalienable rights, then why are people imprisoned or executed?  (Read 3734 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
This is a question that was posted 15 hours ago, on Reddit.  Here is my answer.

----

It is when you ask questions like this, that you begin to realise that the concept of "rights," is based on sophistry, and is therefore largely (if not entirely) rationally indefensible.

The first reason why this is so, is because irrespective of assurances to the contrary, a right by definition, exists as an exception to what is otherwise assumed to be unlimited power, held by whichever entity or organisation, that has taken it upon itself, to arbitrarily declare or recognise said right. 

Rights are the smallest amount of freedom that you can expect to be granted, in an environment which is otherwise based on complete dominance.  In other words, the government recognising that you have life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness, is equivalent to the school bully making a promise that he isn't going to steal your lunch money.  He is making that promise solely out of the dubious kindness of his heart; because unless you have the ability to kill him, given that he is by definition a bully, he has no other reason for doing so, other than to make himself look good, and thereby receive narcissistic supply.

The second reason why the concept of rights is spurious, is because as you yourself observe, the declaration or recognition of a right, in and of itself, has absolutely no binding power whatsoever.  The American Republic was founded on the idea that individuals could, at the final reckoning, maintain legal equality through force of arms.  Because everyone had guns, to the same extent as everyone else, that was the only guarantee of the Constitution remaining worth the paper it was written on. 

That is the entire reason why both the Second Amendment, and even more importantly, Posse Comitatus law existed.  The Constitution's authors wanted to ensure that the level of force that could be projected by both the government and the public remained equal, which is again, specifically why Posse Comitatus forbade the use of military ordinance against the civilian public.

If you speak to a police officer in America today, some of them will tell you that they believe that there are situations in which a person's Constitutional rights could be suspended.  Yet in practice, the only reason why a police officer can do that, is because he knows that in general, he has a greater and more certain degree of ability of killing you, than you do of killing him.  It is purely about the capacity to project superior force, and that is what he has.  If you had a greater capacity to inflict violence than the police officer did, then he would not be talking about his supposedly having the ability to suspend your rights, because he would be concerned that to talk about doing so, would run the risk of getting him shot.

This is what it is important to understand.  There are no rights.  Rights do not exist; or more exactly, they exist precisely to the degree that any individual is capable of enforcing them.  If you believe in the rights supposedly granted you by the Constitution, but someone else believes (to quote a former President on the subject) that the Constitution is merely a "God damned piece of paper," then the question of which perspective will prevail in practical terms, is going to exclusively depend on who has the ability to kill who.  If you had the ability to kill him, then you could uphold your rights.  If he had the ability to have you killed, then your belief in your rights would, in practical terms, mean nothing at all.

Did not the Native Americans have the right to "life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness?" 

Most people of desirable morality would likely argue that they did; but even if said right had been explicitly acknowledged in their case, George Washington had guns and smallpox-covered blankets, and the natives had bows and arrows, and no immune defense to that disease.  Of the two groups, history records whose rights were ultimately recognised.

This is what Jefferson was talking about, when he said that if the people fear the government, there will be tyranny, but if the government fear the people, there will be liberty.  Government, by definition, in practical terms exists for two reasons:-
  • As a regent for the sovereignty of the 93-96% of the population, who do not wish to exercise said sovereignty themselves.
  • As a concentration point for the 4-7% of the human population, who are complete, inherent psychopaths; and who relentlessly crave control over said majority, purely for said control's own sake.

As a result of this, if the psychopaths could be identified and restrained, and if the majority were willing to self-manage, then we would have no need whatsoever for government, and there would likewise be no need for any talk of rights; because again, in summary, the only thing a right is, is an exception granted to you, from a condition of otherwise total power over you, by psychopaths.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:58:44 am by petrus4 »
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
For the most part people unknowingly waive their rights for what they think is law. When a cop asks you if you "UNDERSTAND" it does NOT mean "Do you know this?" it means "Do you stand under this". Word play and trickery is used to turn you into a compliant pawn of the system.

Robert Menard has a series of videos describing how this is all used and what you can do to be aware how the system is playing against you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohiyO-IcqG8[/youtube]

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
Two great points from the above posters. I can't expand on said points, they speak for them selves.
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Skull_Botherer

Because the world we live in is not yet Christian, if it were their sins would be forgiven.

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
Because the world we live in is not yet Christian, if it were their sins would be forgiven.

I know it's almost pointless pointing this out -
But do you really think the afterlife is going to be hell fire and brimstone unless we repent?

We don't need our sins forgiven, we need them fixed!

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277

Hi Skull, and welcome to PRC.

As you seem to already be aware, for some odd reason
PRC seems to dwell on these religious debates,
especially odd that the forum is about everything else.

;D ;D

I guess you will fit right in.

I usually pay NO attention to all the religious bickering
it is as old as mold.
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903

It NEVER will be :D  The Muslims will take over in 20 years (or sooner) simply by breeding... never need to fire a shot :P

As to the OP

Answer:

Because the Needs of the ONE outweigh the Needs of the MANY

Oh wait... I think I got that backwards :D

Even Amy's TAP understands that ;)

RIGHTS are defined as you have the right to do what you wish so log as it doesn't effect someone else's rights. You break into my house and steal my stuff... expect to meet a crazy guy swinging a very sharp sword :P

People on the net scream "Freedom of Speech" then think that gives them the right to spout and garbage and slander they wish... but very few ever stop to actually look at what freedom of speech means. You do NOT have the legal or the moral right to slander another

So the final answer to your question;

NO we do not and never have had inalienable rights :D

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Petrus, You are brilliant!  Thank You for sharing that.  I have to say, I agree 100%.

El, yes.  I have seen some of Menard's stuff (including that) and thank You for bringing it here for Others to wrap Their heads around.

Skull, I honor Your perspective as Yours; I see things a bit differently.  [smile]

Sinny, I don't think it is Our "sins" that need fixing but the psychopaths that have matriculated to the top of the money/power heap.  THEY are the Ones who besmirch this planet and BLAME it on "Humanity."

z, actually...  TAP is both Service to Self AND Service to Others...simultaneously; it is not a matter of needs of Some outweighing Others.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305

Sinny, I don't think it is Our "sins" that need fixing but the psychopaths that have matriculated to the top of the money/power heap.  THEY are the Ones who besmirch this planet and BLAME it on "Humanity."

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Can we really blame all this one the one percent?

"Thank God for leaders that men do not think!"  - Adolf Hitler.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Can we really blame all this one the one percent?

"Thank God for leaders that men do not think!"  - Adolf Hitler.

Let's see...  We are lied to, information is withheld, We are impoverished and have no leverage therefore, We are misdirected, and confusion is the word of the day.  Who is lying, withholding, sucking Our wealth, misdirecting Us, and producing confusion?

I don't think it is Us.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
Re: If we have inalienable rights, then why are people imprisoned or executed?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 11:04:42 am »
We have empowered them by being compliant.
Even to this day we knowingly elect puppets, Obama, Cameron...and many more.
When Bill Clinton ran the race against Bush - and they were asked about Skull & Bones, they openly stated where their mutual allegiance lay. The election continued.
It may be that me and you rebel against the evil - however that is individuality.

When we address 'they', we must also address 'us'- as a collective.
And as a collective, we stand divided.

We are lied to
We believe those lies
information is withheld
we often neglect to dig deep enough
We are impoverished, and have no leverage therefore
  creativity always offers a solution
We are misdirected
we have that choice
and confusion is the word of the day
I rarely see anyone own up to being 'confused', the ego often neglects honesty.

Who is lying, withholding, sucking Our wealth, misdirecting Us, and producing confusion?

I hold myself responsible for these aspects of my psyche - speak for others I may not.

I fully see your perspective, but something pulls me towards mine.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:16:12 am by Sinny »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 12:58:59 pm »
Sinny,

When One enters the universe and is taught the lies from day one, how can One be held responsible for believing them?

The REAL information is most often impenetrable.  They guard it vehemently.

If creativity were all it took to gain leverage in this universe, many MANY more would be succeeding.  The system will not allow for more than a few.

If We are misdirected - based on the lies We have been taught as truths since birth - how do We know there IS a choice?

Of course few will admit confusion, but looking about, it's pretty clear that many are in fact confused.  And this is deliberately created.

While I agree that Personal Responsibility for One's choices is paramount, to forgive Oneself for the duping One experienced in past times is also important.  But until One sees One is in a matrix of lies, One CANNOT get to either.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 01:24:04 pm »
When One enters the universe and is taught the lies from day one, how can One be held responsible for believing them?

There are MANY people who have seen through the lies... a lot of those people come to Pegasus :D  The problem is MOST people are COMFORTABLE believing the lies and if you try to shake their comfort zone they will fight against YOU.

The REAL information is most often impenetrable.  They guard it vehemently.

But it IS available and there are many insiders that risk everything to share it. Problem here is that for every whistle blower presenting the facts, there are 10 charlatans distorting that truth to make money or stir up fear  Snowden is a perfect example... just look at FB and see all the crap attributed to him, totally burying his message. And that is "we the people" doing it not the PTB

If creativity were all it took to gain leverage in this universe, many MANY more would be succeeding.  The system will not allow for more than a few.

No creativity requires conscious effort. Most people are too lazy to actually succeed... even when shown HOW to do it... they will still make excuses and procrastinate

If We are misdirected - based on the lies We have been taught as truths since birth - how do We know there IS a choice?

Because I told you there is a choice and I am living proof of it (for one :P ) but you cannot make that old horse drink :P

Of course few will admit confusion, but looking about, it's pretty clear that many are in fact confused.  And this is deliberately created.

Yes by the people themselves mostly.  90% of the confusion is created by stupid people posting stupid opinions as truth and other stupid people blindly sharing this BS without one moments thought to check if it is real. You can't blame da Gubment for that ;)

While I agree that Personal Responsibility for One's choices is paramount, to forgive Oneself for the duping One experienced in past times is also important.  But until One sees One is in a matrix of lies, One CANNOT get to either.

I have spent over 6 years showing people the way out of the Matrix...  I wonder how many opened the door?

::)

I can tell by the response to posts and how many followed links to get my answer to that ;)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 03:29:16 pm »
Yes, z, many are waking up.  Now that We have the interweb.

Be that as it may, You say You have been showing People how to no longer be used as an energy source to support this system?  Really?  How?  I haven't seen You show how yet.

After all, that was what One did in the allegorical The Matrix films.  And that is the only way out.  Adding One's energy for money is still in the matrix.

And *I* DO have a way out of the matrix for ALL.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]