collapse

Author Topic: Do Citizens of Earth Have the Right to a Radiation-free Environment?  (Read 58797 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Do Citizens of Earth Have the Right to a Radiation-free Environment?
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2014, 12:43:26 pm »
I'm curious on this. What is it anyone sees the world could do at this point, that they are both willing to consider and able to accomplish?

This has been my point all along There is no current technology that we have that can fix this and make it go away.

The only thing we can do is try to get the message out that we need to prevent MORE of these in the near future. Most of the nuke plants in the world are OLD Metal fatigue especially in the presence of radiation is a real threat but all that waste being stored on site...

When does it reach critical mass?

So many stories never even make the news... we usually only here the big ones like Three Mile Island or Chernobyl

And the sarcophagus at Chernobyl was designed to last 25 years. Its been 28 now... and is crumbling. Chernobyl will be hot for another 100,000 years At least they are building a new cover for that

Japan won't have their national soil become the project area of a world effort, and I do believe they would go to outright military conflict ..with what they have to do it with...to prevent that. These days..that means the hand wringers in the UN would be stopped cold in their tracks by the mere suggestion of it.

Japan even refused the money Red Cross collected  BILLIONS... Wonder where all that cash went

More importantly though...I really do ask no one in particular, if the cores have passed through containment and gone below grade? Just what can be done? They can't be contained from below, as the water table is basically at grade there. After all, look at the geography of the site.

There is NOTHING that can be done. They cannot even cover it like Chernobyl because of that water table. It will just leak. At least the China Syndrome that was feared in the early days won't happen

They could obliterate and vaporize the site, to release the mess by volume of material, and in one shot to deal with ..or they can let us die slow, on the installment plan, for decades or more to come. I favor the first approach to solve a problem, however large it may be to attack. They seem to have settled for the second approach tho ...and so...my  son's children will still be arguing over this mess after untold numbers have died from it in the mean time.

Yes a slow poison but nature will evolve (or mutate)  Mother Nature has time on her side.  The Dino's ruled for over 400 million years... Hu-mons a mere drop in the bucket... but we are a tenacious lot. Many will die but many will survive and adapt

There are Russians at Chernobyl that are immune to it. They have gone back inside in a recent documentary I posted.

What a mess.

Yes it is  I did find it interesting that ex Prime Minister Naoto Kan did make that speech (apology) to the world (albeit via video) and told us what we already knew... that they had three full meltdowns 8 hours after the event

[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:22:24 pm by zorgon »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2014, 02:31:37 pm »
One year ago…

2014 "Fukushima Radiation Fallout Review
Fukushima Global Radiation Crisis USA Radiation Fallout" - YouTube

Published on Dec 19, 2013
Sign petitions, prepare, prevent nuclear proliferation!
2014  "Fukushima Radiation Fallout Review
Fukushima Global Radiation Crisis
USA Radiation Fallout"

Join the movement of top experts on the nuclear industry -
preventing nuclear power once and for all!

More Videos By CVMCo.

FUKUSHIMA UPDATE Nov/2013

13 November 2013
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:46:22 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2014, 03:07:47 pm »
CRITTERS are protected :P

space otter

« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2014, 03:48:21 pm »
radiation spla-diation

it's everywhere so why bother thinking about it
we're all gonna die...

(just thought I would go along with the gloom and doom theme) :P

http://radonkills.blogspot.com/2005/09/where-is-radon-found.html
In terms of geography, radon can occur pretty much anywhere. But, regions with granitic soils seem to be the most prone. In North America, for example, states like Florida and the majority of Texas are at a low risk of radon gas, while Montana or Maine are almost uniformly areas of high radon potential. Broadly, then, we could say that the radon risk in the United States is higher in the North than in the South. However, we should always be wary of making such blanket statements. It's a good idea to take a look at the EPA's radon map of America, no matter where you live!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon

Radon is a chemical element with symbol Rn and atomic number 86. It is a radioactive, colorless, odorless, tasteless[2] noble gas, occurring naturally as an indirect decay product of uranium or thorium. Its most stable isotope, 222Rn, has a half-life of 3.8 days. Radon is one of the densest substances that remains a gas under normal conditions. It is also the only gas under normal conditions that only has radioactive isotopes, and is considered a health hazard due to its radioactivity. Intense radioactivity has also hindered chemical studies of radon and only a few compounds are known.

Radon is formed as one intermediate step in the normal radioactive decay chains, through which thorium and uranium slowly decay into lead. Thorium and uranium are the two most common radioactive elements on earth; they have been around since the earth was formed. Their naturally occurring isotopes have very long half-lives, on the order of billions of years. Thorium and uranium, their decay product radium, and its decay product radon, will therefore continue to occur for tens of millions of years at almost the same concentrations as they do now.[3] As radon itself decays, it produces new radioactive elements called radon daughters or decay products. Unlike the gaseous radon itself, radon daughters are solids and stick to surfaces, such as dust particles in the air. If such contaminated dust is inhaled, these particles can stick to the airways of the lung and increase the risk of developing lung cancer.[4]

Unlike all the other intermediate elements in the aforementioned decay chains, radon is gaseous and easily inhaled. Thus, even in this age of nuclear reactors, naturally-occurring radon is responsible for the majority of the public exposure to ionizing radiation. It is often the single largest contributor to an individual's background radiation dose, and is the most variable from location to location. Despite its short lifetime, some radon gas from natural sources can accumulate to far higher than normal concentrations in buildings, especially in low areas such as basements and crawl spaces due to its heavy nature. It can also be found in some spring waters and hot springs.[5]

Epidemiological studies have shown a clear link between breathing high concentrations of radon and incidence of lung cancer. Thus, radon is considered a significant contaminant that affects indoor air quality worldwide. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, radon is the second most frequent cause of lung cancer, after cigarette smoking, causing 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year in the United States. About 2,900 of these deaths occur among people who have never smoked. While radon is the second most frequent cause of lung cancer, it is the number one cause among non-smokers, according to EPA estimates.[6]

http://www.radon.com/radon/radon_facts.html

What is radon?

A layman's description

Radon is a cancer-causing radioactive gas. You cannot see, smell or taste radon, but it may be a problem in your home. The Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, you're at high risk for developing lung cancer. Some scientific studies of radon exposure indicate that children may be more sensitive to radon. This may be due to their higher respiration rate and their rapidly dividing cells, which may be more vulnerable to radiation damage.

http://www.epa.gov/radon/pubs/citguide.html

A Citizen's Guide to Radon
The Guide to Protecting Yourself and Your Family From Radon
Overview
•How Does Radon Get Into Your Home?
•How to Test Your Home

?Short-term Testing

?How to use a test kit
?Long-term Testing
•What Your Test Results Mean

?Radon and Home Sales
?Radon in Water
•How to Lower the Radon Levels in Your Home
•The Risk of Living With Radon
•Radon Risk Charts
•Radon Myths
•For Further Information

?Hotlines
?EPA Regional Offices, State Radon Offices, Tribal Coordinators
?EPA Publications
EPA is offering print-ready, PC format files of the English version of this guide (EPA-402/C-12/001). These files can assist you in printing your own radon publications for special events or conferences. Each free CD is complete and press-ready, including images and fonts, use the reference number EPA-402/C-12/001 when ordering from NSCEP.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:38:59 pm by space otter »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2014, 06:01:37 pm »

Profanity and Four-letter words;
enter at your own risk

Didn't You ever want to let it all hang out on a topic that is near
and dear to Your heart?
Our friend Kevin tells it like it is.    ;)

From two years ago.
This will set the stage nicely for what is to follow.     ;)

[youtube]4PruR7x9b2Y[/youtube]

Published on Apr 2, 2012
The Japanese are not eating their own fish.
WE ARE, here in the United States.

Related:

Radiation 258 times legal limit found in fish off Fukushima - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

22 August 2012
Fish off the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant have 258 times the legal limit of radioactive cesium, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Tuesday.

The reading for two rock trout, caught about 20 kilometers to the north of the plant, showed 25,800 becquerels per kilogram, the highest yet detected in surveys conducted after last year's nuclear accident.

Consuming 200 grams of the fish would amount to an internal radiation exposure of 0.08 millisievert for a human. The annual safety limit for radiation exposure from food products is 1 millisievert per person.

"The reading was way beyond the levels recorded before," said Tetsu Nozaki, who heads the Fukushima Prefectural Federation of Fisheries Co-operative Associations. "It is worrying."

Related:

Fukushima hot cod stopped from entering U.S.

30 August 2012
The central government of Japan has ordered Aomori Prefecture to suspend shipping Pacific cod caught near the port of Hachinohe due to excessive levels of cesium detected, according to The Japan Times Wednesday.

The central government ordered Aomori Prefecture to halt shipping Pacific cod caught near the port of Hachinohe after excessive levels of radioactive cesium were, initiating the first such ban for the prefecture because of the Fukushima nuclear disaster.

Radioactive cesium exceeding the government's allowable safety level of 100 becquerels per kilogram has been detected twice in cod caught off Hachinohe, the government said Monday…

Of course, that was over two years ago.     :P

Radiation 258 times legal limit found in fish off Fukushima - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun
The US Fears the World will Discover its Big Nuclear Secret

13 July 2013
[…]
One of the ways that the US tried to calm the furore over the Fukushima disaster, was to help Japan to raise the acceptable radiation levels, so that any leak of radioactive particles would be deemed less serious.

And ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was thought to have signed an agreement with her Japanese counterpart to promise that the US would continue to buy seafood from Japan, as proof that all is well, even though the FD has so far refused to actually test the sea-food for any radiation and determine that it is safe for consumption.

As part of the US’s efforts to keep Japan’s nuclear industry alive, at the end of last month, Mainichi Shimbum, one of the largest Japanese newspapers, reported that “the Japanese prime ministerial envoy secretly promised to the United States that Japan would resume its controversial ‘pluthermal’ program, using light-water reactors to burn plutonium, according to documents obtained by the Mainichi.”

The ‘pluthermal’ program mixes uranium with plutonium, extracted from spent nuclear fuel, to form a mixed-oxide (MOX). The resulting MOX fuel can then be used in light-water reactors, and provides a useful means of disposing of dangerous plutonium…

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2014, 07:32:01 pm »
OK, as a follow-up to the exciting video previously posted,
we now share with You Kevin's upcoming 'walk about.'  :P

Published on Dec 12, 2014

kevin D. blanch Ogden Utah, 801-452-1908
Fukushima is KILLING 100's of HUMANS A DAY IN NORTH AMERICA;
AND BILLIONS A DAY IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN;;;;
801-452-1908 KEVIN D. BLANCH, AS I LIVE TO PROOF;;;
THE PACIFIC GENOCIDE;;;

GRADUATION day W.S.U. ;;;; ON BALCO;;;
thank you CLYDE COOLEY for mentoring ME,
I have the last letter of recommendation he every wrote,
the greatest FINANCE Professor in AMERICAN HISTORY,,
( oh ya STEIRCYCLE KILLED HIM;;
(http://www.standard.net/frontpage/201…)
(http://environews.tv/dr-tyler-yeates-...)

Kevin D. blanch
PHD POST IGNORANCE;
12/13/14;; AMERICA / UTAH;; HEALTH;;
Hypotheses: UTAH the IGNORANT liars CAPITOL OF THE WORLD
Abstract and Study: IN THE L.D.S. BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT UNIT,
1400 VIDEO POST IGNORANCE
POPISM IS DEAD,
POST IGNORANCE IS ALIVE VIDEOS;;;;;;;;

http://youtu.be/sHkqSu-E2-Y?list=PLGh...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kevindbl

SAN ONOFRE NUCLEAR LIARS CALLED OUT

EVIDENCE;;; IN SUMMARY;;;;;;;;
SEE 1400 VIDEOS ;;; KEVIN BLANCH YOUTUBE
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32715910&

K.S.L. ARE THEY INSANE OR JUST PURE LIARS;;
Utah again moved up in the United Health Foundation's America's Health Rankings,
as it has since 2012, landing in fifth place among other states this year.
Utah Department of Health Director David Patton said it is something
"Utah should be proud of."

LET'S SEE NOW:
A. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1268&sid=...UTAH HIGHEST SKIN CANCER REPORTED BY K.S.L.;;
B. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/...UTAH AUTISM capitol of the WORLD;
C. http://www.drugawareness.org/cnn-utah...Utah prescription DRUG USE CAPITOL OF THE WORLD;
D. http://www.standard.net/Health/2014/0...UTAH MAY BE THE SUICIDE CAPITOL OF THE WORLD
(FIQURES DON’T LIE , LIARS FIQURE)
E. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/25
F. in Conclusion ;;; UTAH AND AMERICA ;; FFFFF FOR frigING LIARS Capitol of the WORLD

BY THE WAY ANYONE WANT TO COMPARE AND CONTRAST PHD’S
TRY ME frigERS
keivn d. blanch 801-452-1908
as I live to tell
573 South 4700 West, Ogden Utah 84404

LIGHTEN UP BABY ;;;; IT JUST frigING KILLS YOU;;;
ONE YEAR AGO
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:37:14 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2014, 09:11:27 pm »
radiation spla-diation
it's everywhere so why bother thinking about it
we're all gonna die...

Well...

In terms of geography, radon can occur pretty much anywhere. But, regions with granitic soils seem to be the most prone.

Radon is formed as one intermediate step in the normal radioactive decay chains, through which thorium and uranium slowly decay into lead.

Back in Canada... we have a Cottage on a lake. It is in the Bancroft region, Grenville Mineral Province.. The land was free from the government, so long as you built on it withing two years.

So my dad boated around the lake looking for a good spot and settled on a huge outcrop of granite. We built in that Gives a nice view ( I have photos in an album somewhere)

Next door was an abandoned mine.. an exploration only 50 feet deep straight into the hill. This old mine had the mine road (which we still use today to access the lot) and rails with ore carts (now long scrapped)

Because of the land laws at the time we were able to build a small second cottage on that property and thus it became ours as well.

It wasn't until years later when I became a rockhound that we discovered it was a URANIUM prospect. I dug out many pounds of deep orange calcite and dark smokey quartz crystals. Wee those two get there rich color from radioactive decay

The granite pegmatite that the cottage sits on is full of small bits of what look like rusty metal... with small fracture lines radiating from them. Well those are bits of radioactive metal and the cracks are from the decompossition.

The Bancroft region has many uranium prospects and other rare earth minerals. I still have a box of very 'HOT" Betafite crystals in the garage. But because of these mines, the birth defect rate in the town of Bancroft and surrounding area is 20 times higher than national average.

My dad spent a LOT of time out there at the cottage, more than all of us. He would catch frogs in the mine water, walked in it barefoot.

My dad died of bone cancer at 62...

The Earths core is MOLTEN  It is kept molten by the decay of radioactive material :D

But tyere is a difference between concentration of natural elements and refines ones. The human body can withstand a LOT of radiation... its simply a matter of HOW MUCH for HOW LONG

Some people can build an immunity to it, the Russians proved that. Scientists are breeding mice that are immune and cockroaches can be put in a microwave and live LOL

It's a matter of degree... if you get a massive does in a short time it will literally burn your flesh off. but low dose over a long time is not so bad

It varies in people too.  And those living in Denver get a lot of radiation from space compared to those living at sea level

So you can buy a house on a Uranium Mine in Denver and most likely survive... but I bet you won't be able to have kids :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2014, 09:14:22 pm »
One thing that is certain....

...it is very hard to enjoy rock hunting or eatting a banana in one of these

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2014, 07:43:34 am »
Thor I would have to say that Yes we don't really need dirty Nuke Plants considering a place like where I live in Oz has enough sunlight to go full solar!

---

Wonder if anyone recalls in the last year or two reading one of those articles that spread like wildfire online containing a heading along the lines of "Top Ten Things you didn't know were Radioactive" propagating around the web?

If you did you would recall that Bananas got a really bad wrap LOL.

The Fact is that Bananas are....

When a person eats an average 150 gram banana, they absorb about .1 micro-Sieverts of radiation. A person would have to eat 27 bananas a day for 100 years to up their cancer risk by 1 percent.

SOURCE:

http://physicsbuzz.physicscentral.com/2014/01/how-radioactive-in-bananas-is-room.html

---

The Funny though, in Both USA and Oz Heart Disease is the biggest Killer:

http://www.cdc.gov/Features/HeartMonth/

http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/information-for-professionals/data-and-statistics/Pages/default.aspx

Going by the above stats it would seem people need more bananas :D

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2015, 01:45:25 pm »
3 Years, 11 Months, 24 Days

Countdown to March 11, 2015 in Fukushima

Another Fukushima compilation video with excellent photos, IMHO, of course.
Certainly worth the 20 minute investment, IMHO, of course.

Published on Feb 25, 2015
FUKUSHIMA 2015 Complete Rare Films Updates and IMPORTANT News on FUKUSHIMA Problem
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:05:10 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2015, 06:38:17 pm »
[youtube]Pi_kRXrYNSs#t=92[/youtube]

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2015, 06:35:17 pm »

ETERNAL DISASTER: Outline of the Fukushima Never-ending Catastrophe

What on earth could possibly justify a technology that can have such atrocious consequences?

Why are we taking that risk?

Why are we continuing down this nefarious path, even though after Windscale, after Three Mile Island, after Chernobyl and now after Fukushima it has become absolutely clear that this technology transcends our means of controlling it?

Why is lying and the suppression of facts still rampant? As this technology is threatening our very existence – why don't we just quit?

1986, four months after the Chernobyl accident, Morris Rosen, nuclear safety expert at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), stated:

“Even if there were an accident of this type every year, I would still regard nuclear power as a valuable source of energy.”

Valuable. Valuable for whom?

Not for business.
Private investors are not interested in nuclear power, even when governments offer billions in subsidies. The market knows: economically nuclear power is not viable, not least because of its inherent risks.

Not for the environment.
In the course of producing highly toxic wastes that remain dangerous for thousands of years, some electricity is generated as a by-product (and plutonium for the DOE/DOD).

Today the nuclear industry is touting NPPs as a panacea for preventing climate change. Of course, nuclear zealots keep silent about the fact that electricity accounts for a mere 17% of the globe's total energy consumption.

Of these 17%, just about one tenth, 1,7%, is being produced by nuclear.

Therefore, in order to combat climate change effectively by using nuclear, we would have to embark on an enormous building spree.

Even if we put the pharaonic costs incurred by such a monstrous project aside, the insolvable problem of how to handle the nuclear waste would be immeasurably exacerbated yet again.

What then is the magic ingredient that makes this technology so valuable?

Best Regards,
A Reader

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2015, 03:51:47 am »
No, it's called a CME :P More radiation than a hundred Fukushimas  :P

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »
[youtube]SSCGjcZK9VQ[/youtube]

Published on Sep 21, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/playlist? the bud light of WRATH;;list=PLGhBOubTK9slxyGMNEhj1DKapIi­e6v_Z4
Post ignorance the second GREAT AMERICAN Revolution;; STARTS NOW kevin D. blanch https://www.gofundme.com/sdc76s
The Real Reason they are changing the 10 $ BILL; NEW YORK REAL PATRIOT'S CRUSH ROYALS and I don’t mean K.C. Alexander Hamilton, Assassinated U.S. President McKinley, JOLLY OLD ENGLAND$ NEW EAST INDIA COMPANY$;; Amerigo Vespucci spook SPANISH;; STAY UN-TUNA-ED
REMEMBER THE 5TH OF November, that is NOVEMBER 5 TH 2013
don't lower your friging voice raise, IT,,, THROW THE TEA OVER BOARD, PAUL REVERE SCREAMED THROW THE STREETS,
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/17/gop-debate-jeb-bush-wants-margaret-thatcher-on-the-10-bill.html
AT HAMILTON'S GRAVE
TODAY IS WORLD PEACE DAY;;; POST IGNORANCE my world EVERYDAY IS WORLD PEACE DAY;;; KEVIN D. BLANCH 9/21/2015

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter